Education company under fire for ‘racist’ nursingtextbook

Education company under fire for ‘racist’ nursingtextbook

Pearson, the world’s biggest education company, has come under fire this week for a page in one of its nursing textbooks — which features racist stereotypes about minorities.

“Hispanics may believe that pain is a form of punishment and suffering must be endured if they are to enter heaven,” a section reads.

“Blacks often report higher pain intensity than other cultures,” another says.

The harmful misconceptions can be found on page 161 of the textbook,“Nursing: A Concept-Based Approach to Learning, Volume I”— which was published in 2014.

A representative for Pearson Education, the branch of the British-owned company that released the book, told Bustle that they would be scrapping the page from all future editions and current electronic versions, as well.

nypost.com/2017/10/18/education-company-under-fire-for-racist-nursing-textbook/

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4292290/how-obamacare-is-fueling-americas-opioid-epidemic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>“Blacks often report higher pain intensity than other cultures,”
Why are niggers such pussies? Or do they just want dem painkillers?

> science is racist
> reality is racist

Fight or flight is more hair trigger for them.

Arm in ice water bath is a good test. Blacks can't handle it

Cool! so healthcare will collapse in on itself to be pc
No, Blacks have larger, or more sensitive nerves than other races if I remember correctly.

They are raised almost exclusively by women, which is why black men are giant pussies about things like pain and insects, and are more superstitious like the average woman, let alone the wild haired negress

>Or do they just want dem painkillers?
What do you think?

The first statement sounds stupid, med student btw

>tfw it's not even just white cultures under attack anymore
The Jews are in for a big surprise
At least I hope

>Hispanics may believe that pain is a form of punishment and suffering must be endured if they are to enter heaven,” a section reads.
>“Blacks often report higher pain intensity than other cultures,” another says.
Both of these explain a lot desu.

XDXDXD

>“Hispanics may believe that pain is a form of punishment and suffering must be endured if they are to enter heaven,”
>implying this isn't true

explain how?

Time preference. They can't foresee a future where their pain gets better so it's psychologically more distressing for them.

when are these cucks going to realize that they can just use Hitchens's razor on these ethnotrots

>Blacks are bitch niggas
>Hispanics are psychopathic masochists who are practically neo flagellates

>Or do they just want dem painkillers?
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

>entire extended family are medfags and nurses
>niggers will go into ERs daily and cry about muh pains, get a few pills, then suddenly get better
>Obama made it illegal to stop giving obvious pill-seeking niggers pills in ER, so niggers keep nigging up triage
>thanks Obama

Numerous studies have shown that blacks report being more sensitive to pain.

>The first statement sounds stupid
Most of Mexico is deeply Catholic. Yes, they believe that suffering is all part of God's plan for them. They will often delay seeking treatment until their condition has completely debilitated them because simply being in pain isn't a good enough reason to see a doctor.

There is nothing wrong with their observation.

I'm working in a med library right now. I'll grab a copy.

>It's true
>page 221
>'The British male patient will often be a friendly and helpful patient.'
>'the main problem with the British patient, will be if he suffers leg injuries, and the nursing staff will require industrial lifting equipment to move his extraordinarily large penis out of the way'

Interesting book.

In med school they literally tell us that blacks and Hispanics have a higher risk of diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. I guess that's racist.

Hi josé

Hispanic here and I can confirm. Most people, unless they're already a few generations deep, will not go to the doctor until they are dying.

Kek

Can confirm, a male hispanic will drop unconcious by pain before going to the hospital

Also explains why they are obsessed with their shoes matching their clothes, and why they like wearing big jeweled earrings like someone's granny.

>>Obama made it illegal to stop giving obvious pill-seeking niggers pills in ER, so niggers keep nigging up triage
Was this a directive through the Department of Health and Human Services, or ...?

I'm just wondering what to tell my Senator when I call him today.

>A representative for Pearson Education, the branch of the British-owned company that released the book, told Bustle that they would be scrapping the page from all future editions and current electronic versions, as well.
Can I just call the Pythagorean Theorem racist and then "boom" it disappears from every school in the west and anyone caught uttering it or employing its use is tossed in prison for bigotry?

Pretty soon simply acknowledging differences in appearance will be considered racist and problematic. What is their end game? Also do these retards realize race based medicine is a thing? African Americans for example have a totally different baseline for cholesterol levels I think, if your doctor ever sent you for blood work you can see results stratified along the lines of "African American" and "non African American".

Cool, more dead niggers and spics..

>Hispanics may believe that pain is a form of punishment and suffering must be endured if they are to enter heaven
who would have possibly guessed this

It's called "seeking behavior," and nogs are the most likely to come in and grab pills to sell or use recreationally.

Everyone in medicine at the ground level is either gigaracist or a completely delusional faggot. The latter predominates administration jobs for obvious reasons: they don't deal directly with shitskin patients.

Is anyone surprised by this? Nigs are melodramatic, have the minds of children, and genuinely believe that they have a monopoly on suffering.

What kind of subhuman gets triggered by this shit?

The Mexicans really are a perfect storm, when it comes to sadism.
The Spanish and Mediterraneans in general already display sadistic tendencies on their own, combine that with the fucking Aztecs and you have the Cartels who dismember, skin, murder rape, etc. today

DEUS VULT
Is true, by the time someone gets to the hospital they are already dying
Is a mix of knowing that suffering is part of life and Macho attitude

It was part of the ACA. This kind of touches upon it.

time.com/4292290/how-obamacare-is-fueling-americas-opioid-epidemic/

>real life observations are racist
I am getting really sick of this.

Dressing up is a big part of a lot of African cultures.
Imagine spending two weeks wages on a handbag to go with your top hat so you could walk down a street that looks like an open sewer in a landfill site.

Slavs and ugrians are same. Clear difference compared to our swedish population.

It has to do with Catholiscism. Many religious people think that God is punishing them and that they must endure their punishment as a form of receiving forgiveness.

Working as nurse btw.

Post tits

wtf

>Dr. Mugabe I'm NIA

>/fa/ meet-up

Fetch me some coffee.
How many time do I have to explain to you nurses how to prepare Epinephrine? 1ml + 9 ml of DA is not rockect science.

> Pearson
Fuck Pearson. They make the college tests (AP tests, GRE, etc.) and print the books that cover the material in these tests. You pay for them to screw you over on both ends.

I dont have proper man poops sorry.

Lol boobs, should stop posting while drunk

Cartels dismember and skin people while recording them because they initially used those murders as guerrilla warfare tactics, in order to scare cops, rivals and citizens. They often dumped the dismembered bodies in public places or recorded them while leaving messages so that it would get coverage in the media.

This technique of control was started by 'Los Zetas' who were trained by american military in disciplines like guerrilla warfare, which gave rise to this form of execution.

Muh Aztecs has fuck all to do with death squads trained by american military taking command and implementing military disciplines into their modus operandi, dumb stormniggers.

Leave it to armchair intellectual racists to "explain" the world with their little understanding and plentiful bias on the issue at hand, for you retards it's always tied to MAH AZTECS and MAH GENES

Tactics like that have been used long time in human history. Romans when city refused to surrender and they had to take it by storm. Usually killed everyone and everything inside. Even hacking animals in city to pieces to instill fear to any survivors and make other cities to surrend easily for fearing same faith.

Both.

Blacks will try to murder you if they find out their family member is dying too. My Mom was a nurse for 18 years and she is completely redpilled about their niggardry

>politicizing actual medicine
Why did I even get into this field if its about to experience an apocalyptic crash and kill people it was meant to help just to appear "tolerant"?

Isn't this simply being culturally sensitive?
Just yesterday I saw an article complain about patients asking for a doctor from their own race. If you want unsegregated medicine these kinds of textbooks are necessary.

You can't have it both ways.

If you are implying cartel fatcats read history or analyze how past conflicts were fought you could not be further from the truth. I'm speaking strictly about zetas and their terrorizing in the media, we didn't have widespread violence like this before 2007 (the year these dudes entered the spotlight), and cartels go as far back as the 60s.

I hope they leave in the part that ginger people need more anesthetic to be put under.

Luckily gingers are white so it's probably not racist.

I suppose we'll also just stop giving blacks an ACE inhibitor and just throw beta blockers at them, which doesn't work as well on blacks as on whites, but turns out hypertension is racist.

That thought itself is a left over from old jewish religion which didn't make a difference between disease and sin, and one could bring on the other.

Quintessentially Finnish.

Pearson makes overpriced shit anyway.

$250 for a biochem textbook?

fuck this shit

>The left claims we are all the same, so any facts to the contrary have to be erased and ignored
Truly progressive.

I don't think blacks abuse painkillers that often, but they do sell the pills to whites who do.

Well played, Brit-user.

* Please white farm come back........

That's all them niggers rap about is popping pills now. Last update cuck?

You underestimate us

$$$

This is fantastic news! It is absurd in the extreme that new doctors and nurses benefit from the experience and learned insights of older healthcare workers.
It's time we end racism and set Western Healthcare on the path to true equality (no more sickle-cell treatment since that's a blacks-only disease and is obviously racist, etc.)

The thing about Hispanics is true though

t. Hispanic

can confirm, work in healthcare.

the other thing is that they push for us to be culturally competent. I don't see how this is contrary to those aims. In fact they even help them. If the 'misconceptions' are backed by studies, this is just the clickbait it seems to be.

you came to the wrong neighborhood, civilization

>report
Facts are offensive, it isn't like such knowledge would help the nurse, it's racist.

Also Hispanics are very catholic

>Hispanics may believe that pain is a form of punishment and suffering must be endured if they are to enter heaven,” a section reads.
Both statements are 100% correct.
It's like saying those statements are "problematic"
>very very likely that you have to restrain the crazy cat lady that just tried to an hero, the drugged and drunk balkan dweller, or the fucking piss stinking junkie on meth

Nigger fake everything for drugs, hispanics are crazy can be very "god will fix it" crazy, turks are attention whores, balkan people tend to get hyper aggressive in the ER like they are pretty much death but they still want to kill anyone around them for no reason, italians and frenchies show up with the most retarded shit ever in ERs a flu, a small burning, a small kitchen knife cut, had to puke once...

It's pretty funny how all the stereotypes are 100% true and can be reviewed and validated in any ER around the world. With every nurse and MD giving the exact same answers.

t. MD.

The La Sapers are an anomaly, but still the surrounding culture is almost as bad as they are as far as hand to mouth.

Pearson is just as bad as big pharma, they FORCE schools to abide by their "education" programs and force them into standardized Pearson tests. Fuck the Big Book industry and fuck Pearson in particular.

Even more so for cucking out on this subject, it teaches nurses what to genearlly expect from victims in pain, who could snap and get violent.

>Hey Sup Forums, name my new band

This single picture is worth hours of sociology and psychology.

I remember mentioning to someone how ridiculous it was that it was being treated as racist to point out that people of different races are unlikely to be able to be bone marrow transplant donors for each other.

They acted like I was racist for this. For thinking there could be enough genetic variation between races to make it affect the likelihood of someone's body being able to accept a transplant.

MD student in the states.

Our education system is pretty cucked, as evidenced by the OP. Would you say yours in Switzerland is similar?

med students are fucking assholes and idiots. No concept of reality. Huge liberal fuckwads. Guess it takes some suckers to pad the ranks.Wonder what that says about me.

Not really, those stereotypes are pretty much the fist thing we got told during assistant time. What to expect from what patient
There're lately some tumblrinas running wild about how racis this and that is but if they worked for 3 days in the field they tend to shut up and never bring it up again.

good. we're down the sjw and cuck rabbit hole thanks to those types getting a platform. don't let them get a foothold.

Reminds me of how I ruined my mom's attitude about some coworker.

She works as a sort of manager in the software industry.

The guy is of Korean descent and would mention occasionally about how it seemed like a lot of people in the US didn't seem as competent as those foreigners.

I mentioned to my mom that it seemed like a lot of non-whites really just dislike white people and treat the fact that H1Bs are being used to bring in cheap Indians as evidence that white people must be inferior for these jobs rather than that companies are just lazy and/or cheap about hiring.

After that my mom started commenting on how she noticed this coworker of hers, who she used to like, was often talking about how white people are so lazy and just get as far as they do because they're white. Along with that these people coming over from overseas are just smarter and more capable than Americans.

Now my mom basically looks at the guy as an asshole that looks for any excuse to trash her or white people in general.

I'm glad that most hospitals I worked in still use the "baptized with fire" ritual on every new MD or nurse apprentice. They will all start with how restrains are bad and inhuman blabla, this and that is racis and a lie, they get 3-5 fucked up patients in a row and every time the wink with
>remember what we told you, so be ready to...
they will ignore it, hell will break loose and it's done.

How to redpill people in 10 days or less:
Let them work for 5-10 days in one of the following fields:
>healthcare
>mental health
>elderly care
>social work (street worker, special ed, work integration...)
All the stereotypes they ever heard will be true and they can't turn back.

Once you realize it's not about qualification but the lowest wage that is willing to do the job...

Many people may think that,but Catholicism doesn't teach it, you ignorant fuck.

Human suffering is unavoidable. All human beings suffer. In the face of inevitable suffering, we all have a choice. We candy like bitches (you) and do ANYTHING to make it stop. Or we can unite that suffering with Christ's Passion and seek the deeper meaning.

I have no doubt you honestly can see no distinction there, but that's your problem. You're still gonna suffer.

>no more sickle-cell treatment since that's a blacks-only disease and is obviously racist
Good point. Science is racist.

>Once you realize it's not about qualification but the lowest wage that is willing to do the job...

Pretty much was the key.

It was like a lightbulb went off in her head as she realized that most of these people working around her were there not due to competence, but because they were cheap. Yet all these people viewed themselves as better than white people or Americans in general due to the fact they got these jobs.

you're probably right. he probably basically is.

US school are increasingly competitive. Scores come first, then everything else. Redpilling doesn't begin until they'r'e 2 years in and clinicals start on the 3rd. Lots of shattered rose colored glasses begin happening then. By then its too late. I take pleasure in watching the snowflakes learn that their liberal ideals only ever existed within their own minds.