2017 second hottest year on record

cbsnews.com/news/2017-second-warmest-year-noaa/

You blame (((them))) for everything. You blame the blacks and browns and the gays and leftists and atheists and everyone else, but you can't put two and two together.

Wildfires, hurricanes, drought, abnormal weather patterns. None of this is fucking normal. I know you're just gonna spit some retarded drivel about how climate change is a jewish conspiracy, but did you ever think about who you're serving when you say that? It's the fucking bankers- the billionaires and their political servants in both parties.

Wake the fuck up. This is not normal. We need to stop using fossil fuels. It might already be too late but if we stop sooner we have a better chance of surviving the approaching catastrophe.

Other urls found in this thread:

climate.nasa.gov/news/2616/core-questions-an-introduction-to-ice-cores/
theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/01/climate-change-trigger-unimaginable-refugee-crisis-senior-military
youtube.com/user/MyanmarLiving/videos
democracynow.org/2017/10/20/fire_scientist_time_to_take_different
forbes.com/forbes-400/list/
cdiac.ess-dive.lbl.gov/trends/co2/vostok.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135223101630187X
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK208983/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>second hottest

so it's getting colder?

who were measuring co2 levels 5k years ago?

>second hottest

Just saying but if you knew what you were talking about and not just regurgitating blue pilled propaganda, you’d know that the difference between 280 ppm to 380 ppm is not that much.

>inb4 OP literally does not even know how to read a graph

How the fuck do they measure the temperature of the Earth from 10,000 years ago?

a bit outdated now but these are the hottest years-

climate.nasa.gov/news/2616/core-questions-an-introduction-to-ice-cores/

glad you asked

Dumb shill it wasn't even that hot this year. My town didn't even break a single heat record. Take you fake junk and push it somewhere else.

>that graph
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you might wanna look closer

I wish you were wrong. I feel like this all stems from you faggots being unacquainted with nature because you've spent your entire NEET lives inside playing vidya and jerking it to ponies.

There is a balance of forces in nature. We have upset that balance, and nature will return balance by literally flooding and burning us off the planet unless we stop.

who am I shilling for?

When children post.

he said as he tipped his leaf fedora

We need to bring carbon emmissions to a absolute fullstop. Shut down volcanoes now!

one or more of the following
air conditioner companies
nasa
windmill companies
solar companies
con artist elon musk
democrats
sierra club

nope
lol no
windmill?
solar companies nope, although if you invest in solar now you'll probably be rich if we make it to the next few decades... market is really supposed to be undervalued for a few more years
fuck elon musk
fuck the democrats
fuck the sierra club, they shilled for hillary even though she's pro fracking/TPP

>Wildfires, hurricanes, drought, abnormal weather patterns. None of this is fucking normal.
some of these things have proxies, but hurricanes don't. how do you know hurricanes weren't more intense/frequent 10,000 years ago? stop being an alarmist faggot.

Meanwhile, much of Europe had cooler than average temperatures. Ireland and Austria had their coolest Septembers since 2009 and 2007, respectively. Russia also recorded cooler than average temperatures.

Yeah, that's also an effect of climate change. As the ice caps melt, there is more warming water, which increases the variability in weather events. Extremes of both cold and hot are becoming more normal.

We honestly don't need to know if they were 10,000 years ago. They're more intense now than they have been for at least 300 years though. That's about the time when we started really affecting the atmosphere with carbon emissions from the industrial revolution.

civilized societies can build houses on stilts
why do i care if the ocean level rises 3 inches and drowns all the africans
good riddance

You don't like refugees? I hate to burst your bubble buddy but most of the world's populations are close enough

theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/01/climate-change-trigger-unimaginable-refugee-crisis-senior-military

Here's the military's take on it... you trust the military, right? You bluepilled fuck

>He didn't say record lows you dumbass

He said below average. Not extreme cold as your making it sound. Go shill against the travel ban or something.

None of this is normal? Why not? Have you been around long enough during the lifespan of the Earth to KNOW what NORMAL is?

I'm not a shill you faggot. I'm an introverted, autistic weirdo like you that happens to understand these issues and I'm trying to greenpill pol so we can use meme magic to save the world. Fuck outta here.

Listen, no. This is what scientists do for us- they study phenomena so we can understand our actions and the actions we ought to take for the future.

Co2 does not effect warming in any way climate change is purely natural. We are looking at global cooling. Get woke youtube.com/user/MyanmarLiving/videos

take 5 minutes of your worthless neet life and watch this

democracynow.org/2017/10/20/fire_scientist_time_to_take_different
LOL tell that to Exxon's climate scientists 50 years ago you dumb nord

>since 1998
>that misleading scale
Wtf I wanna give money to green companies now

it's saying that all of the hottest years have happened since 1998, not that it's a list of years since 1998 you literal retard

oh really? you know more than the IPCC then. please enlighten us all with your brilliance

The public discussion comes nowhere near close enough to the scope and scale of this phenomenon and what the people who argue that we need to study it more consistently don't seem to understand is that the threat as we understand it is actually increasing (not decreasing) with more knowledge.

Just a few decades ago, there was good reason to think that climate sensitivity is relatively low and ice sheets are very stable towards warmer climates. However, as anyone who bothers to read scientific journals knows, that's basically out the window. As modelling got better and better, longer observational records using newer techniques were made available and the sampling and resolution of paleoclimate archives improved, climate scientists came to the realization that climate sensitivity was likely on the warmer half of the distribution and that ice sheets (the marine-terminating margins in particular) are highly susceptible to an irreversible runaway melting process.

appeal to authority my ass. Fuck you. Learn to think for yourself instead of just believing what other people say. Go learn about climate change before you dismiss it. And not from fucking breitbart.

o shit 100 more particles per million (.0001% increase)

forgot to add that it's increased that much over the course of 250 years.

yeah, do you know when the industrial revolution started?

Tell that to largest arctic ice gains in years. The planet is practically co2 starved, the more we produce the better it is for the planet and better start to grow your own crops too before you find yourself inconvenienced by a bad case of starving to death.

why even bother saving the earth? (considering there is a real threat) It's estimated, that there are 100 billion galaxies and most likely we are not the only intelligent beings. Why would it matter if we just stopped existing?

I didn't dismiss it. what i dismiss is the idea of putting faith for the future of humanity in science--this is religion

If you're some edgehog nihilist and you couldn't care less one way or another why not stop wasting time and just kill yourself?

for the lulz, bro... why fucking let some idiots at the top pull the plug on civilization? Don't you want the ride to continue?

forbes.com/forbes-400/list/

>.0001%

This is fine. The northern passage will open up and give us access to all kinds of natural resources.
Additionally, all that frozen wasteland will become open for white settlement just in time.
Yes lots of browns will migrate North but even more will die off as their homelands become wastelands.
This is a good thing. It is in fact undermining the jew plan.

try 100 million climate refugees in the next two decades, google it you insecure neet

If your life and the lives of your family and descendants don't matter to you then you are free to suck a gun barrel.

who are the jews? blame the bankers.

Honestly, this is the thing that annoys me the most about Sup Forums. Goddamn, muh (((carbon tax))) shouldn't exist, yes, but we need to stop pumping carbon dioxide into the air and the ocean.

>ecosystem changes slightly
ecologist's: yeah that's normal
humanitarians & pseudoscientists: WE NEED TO PUT THE ENTIRE PLANET IN A STATE OF COMPLETE STASIS AND MAKE SURE THAT NO SPECIES GOES EXTINCT EVER

HOW IS THE CARBON TAX A JEWISH IDEA? DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE (((BANKERS))) YOU'RE SO AFRAID OF ARE THE PEOPLE WHO OWN ALL THE STOCK IN THE FOSSIL FUEL COMPANIES?how fcan you BE so fucking dumb. fuck

here is what ecologists are actually saying

There's so many things to look at, I could compile any 3 statistics and make a case for anything. Warming, cooling, weirdening, higher sea levels, lower sea levels, whatever.

The fact is that all of the major predictions the CO2 environmentalists put out have been wrong. Yet you still believe the theory. You can't think for yourself yet. Its bullshit, and just because lots of people believe in it doesn't mean that its true.

you're still not going to get my money, carbon tax yourself kike.

Because the jews don't want to run just america, they want to run the globalized world.

a carbon tax is that last piece of the puzzle in ruining america's production capability, compared to the world.

A carbon tax with be the final nail in the coffin for the american working class. Why pay people more money AND pay more for energy when you can move your business to china, keep your profits intact and not have to deal with any of that shit?

oh god, i hope it all fucking burns, i'm tired of hearing this shit. kek

>taking CO2 readings over an active volcano
>(((science)))

so... you are saying you're okay with corporate gibs for fossil fuel companies?

As if the Jews don't employ 4D chess

I never said, that I don't care about my family, if the life on the earth seizes to exist,I doubt it will happen during my lifetime. But I got to admit, I'm not too worried about the descendants.

So you basically don't give a shit about what happens beyond your lifetime. That's not a really good way of thinking.

these words mean nothing...

the jews are the ones who own the fossil fuel companies... they DO not want a carbon tax lmfao. That's why there is no carbon tax. If the jews really ran everything, wouldn't it have happened already?

As a means of defending our production capability, absolutely.

but those "gibs" you are talking about are actually tax breaks, they aren't a gift at all, they're simply not taking.

We benefit hugely from our energy production capabilities even if we didn't profit directly on the extraction.

We're only talking about pushing carbon taxes in white and rich asian countries.

it would do nothing to help the global emissions, infact it would probably make things worse because instead of having SOME regulation in the states or japan you go to china, or the phillipines and have NONE WHATSOEVER.

if we tax the shit out of Exxon, they'll just move corporate to ireland, or some other place that won't tax them. we go from making whatever small percentage in taxes to making absolutely none.

>They made a graph from three different sources

Hahahahahaha

NPR should be cut to 0. Planned Parenthood should give out free abortions though.

Carbon taxes don't matter at all. All the carbon in the oil and coal will eventually end up in the atmosphere no matter what. What does it matter if it happens one or two years faster since it's inevitable in any case, no matter how much you tax it.

>me being wrong is an effect of me being right

You're a hot mess

why do I find myself hardly giving a shit,earth is the master of happenings and will be the mother of the biggest happening that kills us all

> pic related, I want to be that /comfy/

>We need to stop using fossil fuels

Okay.

I can buy an electric car. I can recycle. I can have less children.

But if fucking faggot ass West Virginia doesn't quit vomiting shit into the ozone, if fucking faggot ass North Dakota won't figure out how to code instead of driving trucks, if fucking faggot ass China won't stop dumping plastic into the ocean, none of this will fucking matter.

I hate democrats, but they're the ones who don't suck off ancient fucking industries like coal and oil and gas, so it becomes tempting to vote for them.

YOU CAN NOT CALL YOURSELF CONSERVATIVE IF YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT CONSERVING THE FUCKING PLANET

BEING IN THE NON-RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY IS LIKE BEING A FUCKING NIGGER WHO GOES AROUND RAPING WHITE WOMEN.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT PRICK AND YOU'RE SELFISH AND SHORT-SIGHTED BECAUSE JUST LIKE WHITE CHICKS, TREES AND FISH AND SHIT ARE DIFFICULT TO MAKE MORE OF.

Also, the reason we don't make common sense laws in the US and a vote for green energy is also a vote for white genocide is because both parties are controlled by (((them))).

So yes it is still the fault of kikes.

100 years ago 90% of the temp recording sites were in US, Canada, and Europe. Over the decades they have added more of them into Africa and the Middle East. Today it is mostly done by satellites.

A cheap and easy way to curb the CO2 levels was introduced in the early 90's but research was mothballed by the UN. It involved "fertilizing the ocean" with a soluble iron. To create plankton blooms which would absorb CO2 and create an abundance of fish food. But it would be to cheap and we could still use fossil fuels so the globalist terrorists don't want to use it because they couldn't use it to enslave people.

Eh I remember this year I had to wait until June to plant my tomatoes because May was too cold and rainy. This was also predicted by the farmers almanac. So I was about to say its been cold

If we admit man-made global warming is a real problem do we get to genocide the 3rd world?

Are you a fucking moron? You can't just wish away massive industries that rely on fossil fuels. By the way, electric cars are all heavily reliant on rare earth metals which are not at all environmentally friendly to extract.

>(((global warming)))

You cucks have yet to explain ice ages beginning and ending without looking like the gibbering, fart-wafting shoe sniffers that you are.

Fucking morons, all of you, living in fantasy worlds

Ice bubbles in Antarctica. Learn about some real men on a polar expedition who did actual science, you degenerate.

cdiac.ess-dive.lbl.gov/trends/co2/vostok.html

>this year I had to wait until June to plant my tomatoes
>they weren't lying and Sup Forums is actually just a bunch of 60 year old farmers

It all makes sense.

>electric cars are all heavily reliant on rare earth metals which are not at all environmentally friendly to extract
>Are you a fucking moron?

ooh boy

Ironically, if we had just one monopoly (Standard Oil before breakup) then oil consumption and therefore co2 emissions would be lower than it is in competative equilibrium.

Dude are you saying Bill Nye AND Neil Degrasse Tyson are wrong?

Let's just assume that global warming, global cooling, climate change (whatever the fuck you want to call it) is real. Would it not make a whole lot more sense to place stricter emission standards and tax the corporations who would be the main cause of all of this?

It seems to me this just a push for a global tax so the rich elite in the world can have money for their own projects. I can almost grantee you not every cent would be accounted for if we started paying these fuckers a tax. There wouldn't even be anything you could do if the money went missing. There is no government oversight for a worldwide tax like that.

It's true.

>In addition, electric vehicles (EVs) were found to be 24% heavier than equivalent internal combustion engine vehicles (ICEVs). As a result, total PM10 emissions from EVs were found to be equal to those of modern ICEVs. PM2.5 emissions were only 1–3% lower for EVs compared to modern ICEVs. Therefore, it could be concluded that the increased popularity of electric vehicles will likely not have a great effect on PM levels.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135223101630187X

I think when they say this is the average temperature, its regional. We've had alot of cool and rainy weather this year on the east coast, also the first year of the end of a drought in California. So maybe its hotter in some places, and cooler in others overall. I also think the seasons shift overtime cyclically so sometimes summer and winter comes later or earlier. Global weather is very complicated and we're only beginning to understand the reasons behind it

t. plant friend

We have a gigantic nuclear reactor in the sky; there is no energy shortage.

Why are we spending at least a fourth of every dollar we make directly and indirectly on energy, when we can have it for free? Are we stupid or what?

You cannot get too much electricity: There are a never ending amount of things we can do with it to improve our lives. We can make materials that require a lot of electricity to make, like aluminum, for much cheaper. We can use it to make super cold fluids and make super conductivity of electricity widespread. We can use it to separate hydrogen from water and make clean, powerful fuels for vehicles. We can make fresh water from ocean water and solve the world’s fresh water problem. Abundant, free electricity will change everything for the better, and we can have it in the next few years.

Why wait? We use the technology we have now; we do not wait until it is as cheap as oil. That is just a deception to keep us from doing it. As technologies to produce free, clean electricity become cheaper and more efficient, we just replace the older technology with the newer technology or just add it to it.

Doing anything is better than just burning the money up.

We are literally burning up over two billion dollars a day.

That is just the direct costs for heating, lighting and transportation. There are also indirect energy costs we pay when we buy products. We pay for the energy it costs to produce the products, and it is more than the direct costs.

We could build a solar power system in a few years, and then we would save more than a half a trillion dollars a year from then on, so why don’t we do it?

What is wrong with creating millions of new, high paying jobs in the USA?

Yellowstone: We develop Yellowstone geothermal to make all the hydrogen we need. It has the heat and water needed to do it. We could build a system to make rivers of hydrogen to power all engines that now burn gas. The Yellowstone caldera is over about a hundred square miles. We could build hundreds of power plants just like coal power plants, but we would not need the coal. We could not only make all the power the US needs, we could be the biggest exporter of hydrogen in the world in a few years. Instead of buying polluting oil from other countries, we could make and sell hydrogen. Wake up people.

If we can tap a source of free, clean energy, we should do it now. We should not wait until the technology is as inexpensive as oil. The sooner we do it, the less money we will be just burning up, and the less we will hurt the environment.

Oil companies will make more money: We need to save our oil for making plastics, medicines, fertilizers and other necessary products that are made from oil. Why use it for energy when we can get that for free from the sun?

We are literally burning the most useful material found on the earth.

Even the rich oil people are going to wake up and realize it would be in their best interest to stop using so much oil for fuel. They are screwing themselves.

> didnt cite any source
> expects people to believe that there was a solution to the biggest issue of the new few generations that was shut down by (((them)))

Sup Forums never changes

>whos measuring 5k years ago?
ice core samples and tree rings, btw there was 5x the CO2 during the cretaceous period as there is today.

>so it's getting colder?
actually yes, despite the warm summer in Europe, it was one of the coldest summers in the Sahara Desert.

The most accurate seasonal forecast for the past near 300 years is the farmers almanac. The primary thing it uses for its forecasts is sun spot data of which we have nearly 1k years of.

>The sun is the primary driver of the weather and we are currently about to head into a Grand Solar Minimum and consequently a mini-ice age.

fun fact. hurricanes are very fuckcing normal.

the last 10 years without any hurricanes is the abnormality.

>im 12 and what is this?

Plastic houses: New inexpensive structural plastics and molding methods will be developed. We will start making vehicles, houses and buildings out of them. It will cost less, be easier to maintain, look better and last longer than anything else. It can look and feel like marble, rare wood, etc. Intricate designs can be molded right in to look like the work of artists and craftsmen. Look at the interiors of buildings in Star Wars: Episode Two, and you will see how great plastic will look.

When oil is no longer used to power vehicles, there will be so much supply that it will start being used for houses, buildings, and other structures that need to be made inexpensive, be low maintenance, look good and last as long as possible. Environmentalists are always saying that plastic is not biodegradable and stays in the environment forever. That is bad when used for throwaway products, but it is a very good thing when it comes to people’s houses and buildings, because the longer they last and the easier to maintain, the better. We want structures to last and not need costly maintenance. Termites do not eat plastic, and it does not rust like steel or rot like wood. Houses made of plastic would not be hurt in floods or earthquakes, and they will be so light that they would be easy to move and build.

We can mold whole walls with the spaces for windows and doors molded in any color and texture. It will never need paint. Until plastic can be made fire-proof, sprinklers and other fire prevention systems would be part of all plastic structures.

where are the ice core samples from Hawaii from 5k years ago?

Not to mention the electromagnetic fields these engines produce.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK208983/

If it's the second hottest year on record then there is no net gain between this year and the hottest year on record.

Vostok ice core data showed that recorded increases in global temperatures PRECEDED elevated levels of CO2, most probably released from warming oceans. Basically CO2 is an effect of warming, not the cause. But, because lefties are retards who think correlation = causation they keep screaming, "CO2 MAKE PLANET HOT!!!"

No, but there's definitely a negative effect on the environment by human civilization. It's impossible to deny. You can debate how localized it is but we aren't exactly nature's finest wardens.

>In sum, studies on physiologic effects of ELF fields have yielded little evidence that exposure to the low-frequency fields from GWEN antennae in areas of most likely public access would represent a health risk.
Seriously nigger?

Declare war for solar energy: The President would make an executive order to build and install enough solar cells to supply all of the US energy needs in two years, and we would probably end up doing it in one year. Even with millions of men out of the country fighting, we were the people that made one B-17 bomber every hour on an assembly line a mile long. Before the war, the factory that did it made cars with a few thousand parts. The four-engine flying fortress that was ruling the skies over Europe had over a million parts. We were the guys that made a complete ship from start to finish in four days at just one shipyard. Women were doing a lot of the work. Imagine what we could do now?

We mobilize our manufacturing as we did for World War II to build a new, free and clean energy system. If we could do it during a war, we can do it in peacetime even faster. We form a war department to build it.

Mobilize for peace and prosperity: We build the mile long factories like we used to build planes and ships quickly in World War ll. We built the factories to build the planes and ships in just a few months, and we could do it even faster now. We build them in different parts of the country that have high unemployment. These factories would be able to spit out miles of inexpensive solar panels everyday. Other companies would transport and install them in our country’s deserts and on both sides of our interstate freeways, on railroad tracks and on roofs. Putting them next to railroad tracks makes installing and cleaning easy.

Like laying track: We have competitions between companies and give bonuses to the companies that make the most and lay the most solar panels in a day. When we were building the transcontinental railroad, the companies were getting bonuses for every mile of track they laid. This motivated them to build many miles of track per day. We just do something similar for laying solar panels.

>Wildfires, hurricanes, drought
>None of this is fucking normal.
>Wildfires, hurricanes, and droughts didn't exist before the industrial revolution

I like how it cuts of at 10 000 years when the most dramatic changes ever recorded happend just over 12 000 years ago

I didn't know ants measured temps globally to be able to compile a infograph

Wow a non-zero axis and measurements from different locations superimposed over each other.

Truly this is graph is the peak of accurately and truthfully representing data.