Looking back Nardo really wasn't all that bad

Looking back Nardo really wasn't all that bad.

it's still bad, but not as bad as bleach

Naruto wasn't all that good after Guy used 8 gates. Before that it was okay

Naruto as a whole was good
Load of bullshit but still enjoyable and fun to read
Naruto since the 4th war arc was bad
Even more bullshit but still kinda enjoyable if you've been a fan for long
Naruto since the kaguya arc was total shit
It became painful to read even for me

Sasuke's dark arc was 10 years too long. Naruto would have been better if they resolved all of that and then went on Team 7 world saving adventures together.

At least Hinata x Naruto made sense. Ichigo should have fucked off to become some ridiculously strong death wizard.

This.

Needs a spin off series showing what happens if Sasuke decided to stay

It was good until it went shitppuden.

there's filler about that

is this going to be Sup Forums's version of the metroid other m threads in Sup Forums

naruto was terrible at pretty much every level

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

what? it's agreed by almost everyone that its good until the war arc.

I'll always have good memories of the first couple arcs. Pain arc was pretty good but it had a bunch of lame arcs in my opinion

Whenever a Uchiha is never mentioned or on panel. It's was pretty good.

Don't even speak of that mess.
The premise was 10/10 filler material, but they fucked it up so hard.
It was basically Naruto root a

It was fun until it started being about alien invasions and human/alien hybrids

The ending completely ruined Naruto for me.

Sasuke should have kept the cursed seal and Orochimaru inside of him, it would help justify him going completely crazy since part 1 repeatedly hammered home that Sasuke is nuts while under the influence and it'd explain bringing back Orochimaru without going "btw you can rez him with some flesh and a cursed seal, Kabuto was just being a drama queen".

No it was pretty bad. But it still was the best of the big 3.

It had a lame resolution, but at least it had one. Unlike Bleach.

>you will never lick the sweat off of Hinata's feet

Naruto would be better as a collection of stories about all of the other ninja in the village.

The whole thing has a tendency to drag on. I sat through all of the original Naruto, and I have a vague idea of most of shippuden, and honestly it seems like all of these characters have interesting and cool backstories that only matter as plot points.

The whole Kakashi - Obito thing was just wasted potential, if anything, although I think the relationship was better written than most of the rest.

It kinda seems to me that it took a nosedive after Pain, because of "power levels are bullshit" logic

Naruto was the Shonen Sup Forums needed but doesn't deserve.

Memes aside it was a solid shounen until the war. After that Madara was the reason everyone kept reading. At least it covered all the important plot points, but the biggest fuck up was Naruto being the reincarnation of ninja jesus when the whole point of his character was supposed to be hard work and dedication. Naruto is better than Bleach & FT at least.

Wise man.

You mean before Zabuza died? Yeah...

>It kinda seems to me that it took a nosedive after Pain,
That is exactly the point where it goes to shit

the whole uchiha wanking was shit
muh bring sauce back was shit
in fact less than 30% of this manga was decent

guy was cool

he's under the 30% along with lee

You are right. Rather than just "bad", it was utter shit.

I gave up on the series after they'd used years trying to get Sasuke back. Seriously, that was so tedious that I just lost all interest.

y-you too

Only Part 1 was any good.

>implying Madara wasn't one of the most entertaining characters of the series

It was, the first part was decent but nothing amazing, final fight between saske and nardo was ruined because of shitty transformations. Gaiden was good. Second part started well, I liked the first arc but the rest was awfully written and planned, lots of wasted characters including the whole Akatsuki, Danzou, woodman and painting guy, everything with Sasuke was awful, real Tobi was awful, War was awful, Bunny was awful, Zetsu's/Madara's/Obitio's keikaku was awful, power creep was awfull, Uchicha wank was awful, worldbuilding was awful... fuck, almost everything was awful.

You say that however after rewatching naruto recently i realized that it was honestly quite bad with immense filler.

Fuck no, that's revisionist history. People who said it was good before the war were in the minority before the manga ended.

Shit was not good. It has always been largely shit for the Shippuden part.

>he considers filler a part of it

Nope. Naruto is shit. Final arc is hot garbage.

I eouldn't recommend it but I wouldn't fault them for picking up the series and reading it to the end as I would Bleach.

Naruto is shit but at peast it adheres to the very basics of storytelling and wraps up concisely. Bleach is directionless and makes no sense that I would recommend a reader to put it down, even though I liked it to the end of the SS arc.

It was, but in being so bad it found its own charm.

BETTER THAN BLEACH AMIRIGHT?

It depends. Naruto was very wavering thing, sometimes it would jump to the quality of a good story, sometimes it would sink to something so shit it's hillarious. Bleach, at least after SS arc was just a plain and boring grind forward, never plunged into absolute shit, but never tried to reach for the stars either. I think the fact that Kishy had enough passion to try no matter how little he was capable of is a greater feat than Kubo's smooth and mediocre sailing ahead. After all most shonens are filled with the spirit of never giving up, and Kubo definitely gave up long before he was put out of his misery, even his main character gave up in the final fight.

It had its ups and downs. Pros being that the story wasn't linear and tried new things from time to time. Cons being the Sasuke/Uchiha clan drama and mostly Sasuke diving his head up his ass more and more as the series went on and alien mom from the moon. I guess kishi needed a common enemy for them to fight. She still felt tacked on.

And Team 7 being sold as the ultimate bond group when it was the weakest part of the story.

Yep, before the war arc the series had asspulls here and there. Mainly the death of each akatsuki member with the exception of Kisame and Deidera, being major fucking asspulls.

As for the 4th ninja war arc. Yes. Retconning the power of the First, Second, Third, Fourth hokage, as well as madaras made it into a giant fucking dbz fest.

I remember reading the Kagyua shit the first time and being so fucking pissed with kishimoto. Goddamn, such a retarded ending.

Had a wrong MC

Yep, the naruto series began losing popularity around the middle of shippuden when filler started invading in large numbers.

I think that around this time they started killing off the akatsuki like flies for no reason other than to do it.

Plus Sasuke being left out of the series for so long was a bad idea too.