What does Sup Forums think about Gurren Lagann?

What does Sup Forums think about Gurren Lagann?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gainax's last gift to mankind

It was alright, highly overrated. Kamina was a good character.

It's amazing. My favorite anime of all time.

WHY DID SHE HAD TO DIE?

NEITHER HE NOR SHE DESERVED THIS. TO LEAD AN HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER WITH THEIR FRIENDS, THIS IS ALL HE REALLY WANTED, THIS IS WHAT HE FOUGHT FOR AND NOTHING ELSE...

And in the end, he couldn't even had that.

It's the best anime that was ever made

This

Gurren Lagann marked the history of fiction by making so that the building of a super-bio computer based on the DNA of an Evil lord turned out to actually be a good idea.

>user has never read a comedy or drama before
This is how this stuff works.

Overrated.
Kamina was a shit character.
Ending was pretty good.
Good music.

All I got for you.

The Anti-Spiral did noting wrong.

Not that I haven't. But I really wanted an happy ending.

Anti-Spiral is a drooling faggot.

Overrated but wasn't bad.

DO THE IMPOSSIBLE
SEE THE INVISIBLE

All I wanted to do was fuck Yoko.

Dropped this twice, still yet to finish season 2.... coming from someone who watched endless eight in one sitting...

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

This.

LordGenome is also one of the best characters of all time.

Not as good as hyped, but definitely not underwhelming.

GOAT, my favourite anime ever.

It's a cool anime with some classic shit, but the plot it's not that worth for me, still epic and love it.

Literally just

>male coming of age

the anime. That being said, it's appealing.

The OST is easily GOAT. Fucking godly, as is the art style just for being clasic and simple (well, except during intentionally OTT fight scenes and shit). Highly overrated in general but still extremely fucking good as far as story and humor go. It did exactly what it was meant to do- parody every other anime ever while retaining a tint of seriousness. I didn't watch it for deep characters or a deep plot (as good as the plot was) so much as because it was fucking funny and action-packed. Rousseau still a fucking shit though.

I consider it to be the second best of all time, first is eva for obvious reasons.

>have all those semen demons
>can't fuck any of them anyway because they're fucking beastmen
Fucking teasing shits.

"Can't reproduce" doesn't mean "can't have sex."

It's my favorite anime but I pretend to not like it.

>dissing on Nadia
fuck you too.

Nia disappearing is supposed to represent a boy moving past his first relationship. It was amazing and you will always look back on it with rose tinted goggles but it was not meant to last.

One of those show that got a little too overhyped around here but i still fucking love it.

The climax of the second movie never fails to get my blood pumping.

>obvious reasons
Baby's first scifi?

Generic ass plot being executed better than every original work ever.

10/10 would watch a 7th tme

Is that what that was supposed to be about? I thought it was for pure heartwrench or some shit. Funny/goofy anime has a tendency to pull that shit.
>mfw I didn't even know it was a coming of age thing until recently; always just thought it was a plain and simple comedy tinged with the seriousness that Japan likes to inject into these things
It was intentionally generic. It's a parody as much as anything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCO3hTCRFYc

Easily one the highest points in Sup Forums's history along with Geass Sundays and Madoka Thursdays

user, the story is about a guy teaching his little bro about how to make his "drill" bigger. It's pretty blatant.

>I've seen 5 anime: The post

I fucking kekked. But man I was like 14 or 15 when I watched it the first time. I was smarter than the average kid my age but I still couldn't into noticing metaphors/analogues, although I wasn't too bad at making them. I just watched it because it was a fun show and I got the long, drawn-out joke. I don't notice metaphors and shit unless they're basically pointed out to me, and I certainly don't go looking for them to add artificial depth to a story. I just enjoy the show and the characters. Also, why the fuck does every man who kisses Yoko die?

This. Kind of.
I love well written villains with motives that you actually understand and can even commiserate with. When you have to question whether the "good guys" are potentially dooming us all.

I called the "Lordgenome is protecting everyone from something worse" thing the second I saw him on-screen and realized he was human himself.

The only thing I regret about TTGL is that I didn't watch it with Sup Forums while it was airing. I can't imagine how amazing that must have been.

This. Antispirals are dumb as fuck but Lordgenome was GOAT, the extra bit with him showing his origin was fucking incredible as well.

>>mfw he comes back

>mfw
>No pic

Its definitely amazing. This tbbh senpai

Not so good

>shit talking at least 3 of the greatest anime of all time.
Shit pretentious taste, kill yourself my man.

What stands the extra "B" for?

Kamina annoyed the hell out of me. I was glad to see him go out early on. The rest was pretty good

If Imaishi put more development into the side characters, it would have been a lot better.
Simon's development is good on paper, but being a boring Gary Stu and evolving into a boring Gary Stu both ultimately lead to a boring Gary Stu.

Kamina is easily the most interesting character, but he was annoying 80% of the time. The rest are literally who's.

>not fucking loving Leron and Viral
>not HATING ROUSSEAU'S COWARDLY AUTHORITARIAN FUCKING GUTS
>not wanting to fuck Yoko
>not finding Nia simultaneously the cutest thing in the universe and annoying enough to beat with a shoe
>Kamina, the guy who was layer upon layer of "muh manly honor, muh nonexistent good sense"
>interesting in any way aside from being an idiot-savant at mechs and leadership

I cried manly tears during the last few episodes.

Is unironically one of my favourite anime ever, I have the DVD box set and seriously considering getting the Blu Ray one.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
>All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards
That's like admitting that you never watched any of those series or don't know how to make a good criticism without resorting to buzzwords.

>>not fucking loving Leron and Viral
I literally don't remember who Leron is. Viral only showed up to job hard and flipped sides pretty effortlessly after the timeskip.
>>not HATING ROUSSEAU'S COWARDLY AUTHORITARIAN FUCKING GUTS
I didn't hate them, but I did find the circumstances pretty forced
>>not wanting to fuck Yoko
I'm more into DFC and she doesn't really have an interesting personality
>>not finding Nia simultaneously the cutest thing in the universe and annoying enough to beat with a shoe
Just annoying, extremely annoying.
>>Kamina, the guy who was layer upon layer of "muh manly honor, muh nonexistent good sense"
>>interesting in any way aside from being an idiot-savant at mechs and leadership
Kamina's saving grace was that he wasn't actually brave or gallant. None of the other shows have that interesting contrast. Everyone else is pretty one-dimensional.

Not really, that's what Naota and Haruka are about.

Nia just dies.

I'm rewatching it and I've found a whole new appreciation for the OST. It's amazing.
Either way, Gurren Lagann is a modern masterpiece and perhaps the last great mecha.

It was more than that, all of Sup Forums was watching it and there were threads everywhere.

It was the hypest there will ever be

>shows
characters*

They made that spiral ditto pierce threw evry board

Kamina a shit.
Viral a best.

Please tell me someone has screen shots. Oh to be on this site in those days

Nia's death was the biggest asspull I have seen.

ive seen the screenshots of when rossiou turned on simon lying around, shit was cash

Next year, we need to relive those days for the ten-year anniversary

Pretty shit
Had a bland mary sue mc who did everything, including being the prime minister
It really tells how shit a show is when literally nothing would change if you remove the non main 2-3 characters.
But I guess kids would definitely like it though, since they self insert in everything.

I can't imagine what it must have been like when Simon punched Rossiu (why the fuck was this cut from the movie?) or when Kittan used Drill Breaker.

I have everything on my old HD that's somewhere.

I'll upload it someday

>moving past his first relationship

He never fucking moved past it. He became a traveling loner for the rest of his life.

>Had a bland mary sue mc who did everything, including being the prime minister
I never understood this
>lets put a 14 year old in charge of making every decision about the city and then blame him for an outside force attacking us!

that was easily the weakest part of the series. rossiu going full "muh politics" mode and throwing simon under the bus for literally no reason.

2nd post always right

Maybe he's a britbong and it stands for bloody?

Gurren Lagann wasn't about the characters, it was about MANLY ACTION FIGHT FOR YO FRIENDS FIGHT FOR HUMANITY

>pupils turning into spirals

this shit right here

this is it

There is literally nothing else on the planet more hype than spiral eyes

Then the action was very shit
There are thousands of mech shows with better action and animation than this

He liberated the whole world. People saw it as a great warrior and thought that would make him a great leader.

It's a common mistake.

>mary sue
Partially false. Simon wasn't "The Legendary Chosen One" or a special snowflake descendant of the mightiest Japanese lineages. He was a nobody with the highest powerlevel just like Lordgenome was before him.

Also I'm very glad they ended Kamina's father plot at the very start.

Maybe you're being hyperbolic but either way, no, you're wrong.

Gunbuster ripoff but without the constant hype.