Baki Dou 121 translation

Let this stand as record: I'm only 'scanlating' these now because I find it really entertaining to piss off Wild Fang. Also, the scanners actually put effort into scanning this magazine edition, which I dearly appreciate. Might've just gone with my standard greentext otherwise. Anyway, we're starting off with our weekly Kaiou and weekly selected poem: Chen Kaiou (who?), and "Dark Path" by Malcolm Lowry. As always, I hope that you find interest in the poem.

Dark Path

"By no specific dart of gold,
No single singing have I found
This path. It travels, dark and cold,
Through dead volcanoes underground.

Here flicker yet the sulphurous
Charred ends of fire long since I knew.
Long since, I think, and thinking thus,
Ignite, daemonically; anew.

Yet, burning, burning, burning Lord,
Know how this path must likewise come
Through multitudinous discord
The awful and the long way home."
-Lowry, 1929

Aren't we so lucky that the raw uploaders were kind enough to appropriately filter/level this chapter? I really do appreciate it.

>hero
fuck that he did nothing to be called a hero.

"Hero" was the only lone word I could pragmatically use there. "eiyuu" (jap word) does conventionally mean "hero", but it has more of a connotation of like "JFK was a great man". It doesn't quite make sense to say that Pickle did "a great man's feat" as much as it does to say that he did "a heroic feat".

"The ghost bled."
"As expected of a ghost!"

End of chapter, and then there's an ad or something that I didn't read.

blah blah blah, OAD in December, blah blah, apparently the deadline for reservations/advance ordering is October 8th.
So... order it soon if you're gonna order it, I guess.

That's all I got today.

Only been in a few threads so I don't know much about this mc, but I just can't seem to like him.

>Aren't we so lucky that the raw uploaders were kind enough to appropriately filter/level this chapter?
They didn't, it's the magazine's digital release.

I appreciate the effort though it boils down to the usual "Pickle is tough, Musashi is the greatest thing in existence"

Why not? Personality, presentation, design?
Because for a lot of people, it's all three. He's essentially been bowling over the entire established cast of the manga for almost the entirety of this fourth series. Upsetting to many readers for obvious reasons. I liked him for a good while, but then it just got *too* bulldozer-ish for even me.

It is? Fuckers. I'm going to have to have a word with the guy in charge, as soon as I can fucking find him. Hides himself really well.

Oh, and he's not the MC - he's the villain. The MC is one of the people arbitrarily reacting in the stands. This'n.

Probably because when pickles fought baki, Baki took some crazy damage that actually effected the fight. Sure this guy got a bite taken out of him but it really doesn't seem to have any effect. So yeah probably his steam rolling effect.

Just remember that unlike other magazines, Champion releases digitally with a five-day delay from print. So if you want really fast releases, it's not going to be an option regardless of how much better it looks.

So, the whole idea here is that Musashi is chopping up Pickle for fame, right?

And Yujiro didn't snap Musashi's neck because Musashi intrigued and entertained him?

Musashi better start getting punched in the face hard fast, or this is going to turn into a fucking snoozefest.

That one guy is gonna murder him. Motobi or something.

>cave man
>taller than normal man
>lived same time as dinosaurs
This will never not trigger my autism.

did he ever defeat his father one day?

Baki?

thats an adorable page

Well yeah, but why the fuck do they release the physical if they can just wait for the digital? I much prefer using these than fuckin' pic related. Good God, I would rather fucking kill myself.

He's a spooky ghost, not a caveman

yes

He fights his dad, but his dad doesn't really seem to treat it like a fight. He spanks him for being ill mannered at one point. At the end the dads like "k I give up, you win you're now the strong being on thsi planet".

no, but he ate some balling air dinner with him

You're now the strongest being*

i know

I also know and he got a really BIG hug!

I was asking if he REALLY defeat him someday

>Are you a GHOST
>Eh Whatever.

He's literally a soul brought back from the afterlife into his own body which is in a younger state than it was when he died. That fact, plus all the nonsense of the modern world confusing the fuck out of him and random people not leaving him alone, has presumably made him stop caring about stuff in general.

Think about it: pretty much every fight he's gotten into in the present has been involuntary. Doppo, Baki, and Yuujiro just kinda showed up while he was chilling at Tokugawa's and demanded fights. (Yuujiro gets a pass though, since Musashi wanted it just as much.) Cop Whose Name I Forgot randomly asked him to come along with him, to which Musashi basically just said "aight"; leading him into fights against Kendo Fag and Shibukawa which he didn't really sign-on for. Gaia came up and bugged him with his knife-gun and whatever else while he was trying to figure out what the fuck a skyscraper was. Musashi's just fresh out of hecks at this point. I think Pickle is actually the only person here that he's fought entirely of his own volition.

I haven't been following Champion at all, but if previous share raws were from the physical releases, do you really think they'd pay money to get the digital one?
Maybe if they start begging for even more donations.

Where the fuck are they asking for donations?