Trying to identify an 80s or 90s anime I remember seeing in a magazine when I was little (around 1995)...

Trying to identify an 80s or 90s anime I remember seeing in a magazine when I was little (around 1995). The image looked sort of like what I attached. Some sort of girl and a dude. She's holding a glowing orb that illuminates her and his face very dramatically. Kinda like holding a flashlight under your chin. Anyone have any idea where that could be from?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCnsQYKbyKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's a really vague description.
Any other details? Maybe connected to plot.

No clue, sorry. It's just that one image that has made an lasting impression. I believe there was kind of a fantasy/supernatural theme to the whole thing. Maybe medieval. It may have been part of the Manga Video catalogue during that timeframe...?

bump for OP
im interested as well

That is fuckall to go on.

Lina does that in Slayers a lot. Is it fantasy?

If it's a sci-fi... Crest of the Stars?

Sure that it was an anime? A picture itself is not much to go on. Every second game in history has some anime-looking art behind it.

Literally no popular Japanese game in the 90s used an anime art style.

>Slayers
That's the first thing I thought of as well

maybe Ruin Explorers?

Maybe it's actually from the example you've given but from a different point in time? Because, otherwise, that description is vague as fuck.

I could probably give you 30 examples but let's just end this with Chrono Trigger. Literally every second game used anime style.

What a perfect tomboy character too.

Clearly Escaflowne.

Who you calling a tomboy?!

What a cute boy

Cardcaptor Sakura has a pic like that when she capture a clow card youtube.com/watch?v=rCnsQYKbyKs

Also in the Clamp's X movie

FUCK YOU!

Jesus Christ, you're all faggots. Fuck off to /wsr/.

While we're vaguely requesting things:
I remember when I was a kid, around early 2000s, I'd sometimes borrow a video from the local library. I think it was one of the Pokemon movies. One of the trailers on the tape before the movie started showed a film with what looked like some sort of flying island, and metallic flying creatures - they might have been dragons? I'm trying to remember this from vague as shit memories so I can't really get more specific than that. It might not have even been Sup Forums, it might have been western animation.

that was a good OVA

Ghost Fighter?

Howl's moving castle?

Na, definitely not Howl's. It looked like these flying shits were being dispatched from some big flying island or base.

Good call! Found this image which is super close. Imagine a mashup of this and the original picture...

I started thinking it might have been one of the cutscenes from Lunar on the Sega CD, but I can't find any equivalent image from that game.

Shit, this is driving me nuts.