What should be done about speeders pol? In my opinion the way we write traffic tickets needs to change...

What should be done about speeders pol? In my opinion the way we write traffic tickets needs to change. A flat 250-500 dollar fee is stupid.

The fee needs to be changed to 30% of ones average monthly income, determined by last years tax return.

37,000 people died in the United States in car accidents last year. I think it's high time we start regulating the roadways much more. Speeding 5mph above the speedlimit is totally unacceptable, and results in needless deaths and accidents every day.

What's your take on speeding /pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

alerts.nationalsafetycommission.com/2007/01/speeding-triples-chances-of-auto.php
seriousaccidents.com/legal-advice/top-causes-of-car-accidents/speeding/
popsugar.com/love/Removing-All-Traffic-Laws-Makes-Town-Safer-Make-Sense-1739759
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/06/texas_85_mile_per_hour_speed_limit_do_higher_speed_limits_cause_more_accidents_.html
cutedeadgirls.com/cute-dead-girls/auto-sardines-1371.html#more-1371
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If I want to do 180 on an isolated stretch of uninhabited desert that's my business.

Speeding has nothing to do with car crashes though

alerts.nationalsafetycommission.com/2007/01/speeding-triples-chances-of-auto.php

Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Speeding Triples the Chances of an Auto Accident
AAA Foundation Identifies Four Behaviors That Increase Odds of a Crash

According to a recent study sponsored by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, driving faster than current traffic, driving while tired, over-aggressive driving, and a general lack of attention are factors associated with increased risk of being involved in crashes.

You will be sharing the road with 51 million people between Christmas and January 1, according to AAA estimates, so it behooves you to know how to reduce the chances of being involved in an auto accident or having to head to traffic school as a result of a ticket.

AAA Foundation's researchers have identified four driving behaviors that directly impact an increased crash risk.
Speeding almost triples the odds of being involved in an accident.
Driving while fatigued similarly increases the odds of an accident.
Aggressive driving nearly doubled the odds of having an accident.
When a lack of attention by a driver (for example, taking one's eyes off the road for more than two seconds) is a factor, the odds of a crash also nearly double compared to the odds of a driver paying attention to the road.

>being so retarded you don't realize speeding triples ones chances of an accident.

The vast majority of Americas accidents, as well as drivers are in urban or suburban areas. Speeding should not be acceptable in these places. Police need more power to stop this.

if you don't want to die in a crash then don't fucking drive a car. the last thing we need to do is to give the police more power.

>all car accidents are due to speed

Just ban women from driving.

>vast majority in cities

We must ban cities.

It's the people they hit who die, dickass

>we should give some asshurt manlet the power to fuck you out of 30% of your income because he saw you going what he thought was over the limit

seriousaccidents.com/legal-advice/top-causes-of-car-accidents/speeding/

Nearly one-third of all car accidents can be attributed to speeding. The faster a car driver speeds, the less time you have to react — not to mention the increase in forces on the human body in a collision at high speeds. As a result, personal injuries are worse in car accidents at high speeds.

Implying there is a single police department in the united states that doesn't have radar guns. You get a trial ya dingus.

That's pretty coarse-grained info. Also: if you're mostly worried with deaths, why are you only
looking at 1/3 of the accidents?

Cars have ruined the world. They've made it so people can't just walk around and go places and do stuff.
Want to go outside? Too bad, fuck you. There's a road right by your house.
Can't travel without a car because ROADS ROADS ROADS EVERYWHERE ALWAYS
HUGE GIANT METAL DEATH MACHINES MOVING A HUNDRED MILES PER HOUR EVERYWHERE

Don't think about walking on the sidewalk by them unless you want to risk death.

There's no control for that data. You can't know if those speeding drivers were also distracted in some form or the other at the same time which may have been the real reason for the accident.

Statistically that won't make a difference. People will drive however they want regardless of fines and laws. They've done studies on that. Can't remember where or when now but basically the result was that even removing all traffic laws did not increase the amount of accidents.

Because people fly around me all fucking day every day when I drive the speed limit in the right fucking lane.

It's totally unsafe and should be punished much more regularly than it is.

There are these places called "not the city" where there aren't roads everywhere.

>What's your take on speeding /pol?
>take on speeding /pol?
>speeding /pol?
>/pol?
>/POL

Slide thread detected

So you're deciding on legislation based on your own personal experience. Are you a woman?

Speeding didn't cause this, retarded inattentive drivers did. I'd rather have the risk than enforcing literal thought crime laws that would be required to prevent this.

Then how come removing speed limits on German freeways did not affect the number of accidents?

This

You're right, police should be powerless and useless. Take away their guns and powers to arrest people!

They refer to total death by car accident

I can agree with you here.

All cellphones should be programmed to deactivate when moving above 10mph. Public transport could have a signal that the phones can sense to know that you aren't the driver. The fact is that speeding triples your risk of an accident. Don't be a retard.

I'm actually a postop m2f demigendered helicopter.

Because licensing is much more difficult in germany, and because they are freeways. On the highway the speed limit should be increased, but people who go over that limit should be harshly punished.

fuck off faggot, penalties for speeding need to be lowered. Slow drives need to get off the fucking road or at least remain in the right lane. Speeding ticket fines do not prevent people from speeding, they just exist as revenue generation tools for police. If you really want to decrease speeding this is very easy to do through road construction.

no taxpayers money should be wasted on upholding speeding laws. the free market will fix this

>m
>f
>helicopter

make up your mind.

>looks at OPs pic
>I do a 360 and walk away

Go back to your weed newfie. Noone cares about the spic in the pic.

I've been unemployed for two years living off money from my rich family. According to your plan OP, I'd pay 0 on a speeding ticket, as would any other NEET in the nation. Plus, the police have much better things to do than plop themselves in one spot and collect toll from those who pass

Please kill yourself, you are all that is wrong with the world. In KEK's name end your life.

Implying speeding laws don't save taxpayers money... Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Where do you think the money from the ticket goes?

>most minorities live in cities
You might be onto something.

Fastfact®
Pennsylvania disallows the use of radar guns in municipal agencies. Only the PA State Police are permitted their use. The reason? To prohibit municipal governments from using law enforcement as an income tool.

>A town in Germany has abolished all traffic laws, signs, and crosswalks. Sound like a recipe for bumper cars meets demolition derby? Not according to town officials. In fact, getting rid of all the laws has had the exact opposite effect — by allowing drivers and pedestrians to make all of their own decisions about what's safe, one stretch of road that used to see 45 accidents a year and traffic jams, has become smooth and safe, and drivers have slowed down overall

popsugar.com/love/Removing-All-Traffic-Laws-Makes-Town-Safer-Make-Sense-1739759

In fact, speeding reduce traffic accidents. See German Motorways.The problem is when women drive to slowly and recklessly and became an obstacle in the road.

Freeways are engineered to limit fatalities in case of crash.

>Because licensing is much more difficult in germany

So, we're in agreement that it's shitty drivers, not speed, that's the issue?

More fatal accidents occur per-capita in rural areas, actually, because people are more likely to consider speeding on open highway to be harmless and because pedestrians perceive less risk of traffic and are less careful when crossing

Thanks user, I wouldn't have guessed that. It really bothers me that so many needlessly die for something law enforcement could easily prevent, and would save taxpayers money and reduce insurance costs for safe drivers as well.

>traveling at 26.8 m/s
>the average person has a reaction time of +/- 300 ms
But yea, speeding is the problem. ok.

You are a moron. Speeding does not reduce anything than your chance to reproduce. We should let Darwinism change our gene pool by eliminating reckless risk takers.

Into your pocket you fucking cuck. Please kill yourself.

Only those that make enough money to pay income tax should be allowed to drive. Then speed limits could be lifted because only rich people would drive. Less crowded, better road conditions, better vehicles. 200mph speed limit.

The material world should be dissolved. All social interaction should be regulated by digital means. Shed your mortal tomb and upload your mind to the future.

So if I made no money last year - I can drive as fast as I fucking want? Hell yeah - Im fucking down with your plan - get the fuck out of my way!

Anarchists are fucking faggots who deserve to die to the mob justice they constantly champion

The fact is speeding kills lawful citizens too. The genepool would take a very very long time to change, and hundreds of thousands of people would needlessly die.

We need more cops on the streets and they need more tools and more power to change this.

I fully believe that there should be stations alongside the road that automatically scan license plates, register speed, and if you are speeding it sends a ticket to your house.

If you don't pay them within 45 days your license should be suspended.

Convert highway into an Autobahn and make getting a license to drive harder.

Fuck you faggots who take speed limits serious.

Minimum fee is 300 dollars. Boom the law is fixed.

Freedom, Get Used To It.

It's not the speed that kills people. Sudden quick deceleration does.

Speeding doesn't cause accidents, dumbshit drivers cause accidents. Try driving in Missouri, you'll witness one close call a minute. People just do retarded shit, doesn't matter what speed they're going.

Literally this. Ancaps as well.

Well then fuck your plan -

Pic related

Calculate the fee according to income and wealth.

Give me a racial breakdown of accident deaths on the road and we'll talk.

>What should be done about speeders pol?

Considering self-driving cars is possible now, we could easily implement systems that use gps to control what kind of speeds your car is allowed to drive on certain roads. That way you can't increase the speed beyond a certain point, and there will be no speeders.

This might make libertarians and anti-authoritarians worried, but I don't really see the difference, since the government already has made certain speeds illegal on certain roads, and the government regularly enforces those limits using the police (basically a threat of violence). There would be little difference if some sort of technology was implemented to enforce the exact same laws that police already enforce on those roads.

I really don't understand what's stopping the government from automating speeding tickets. A machine with a radar gun and a camera could do it easily.

That's actually the best idea in this thread. I really love it.

This should be a thing.

Good goy

Why would the jews want to lose that sweet sweet speeding ticket revenue?

mfw I see a dirty speeder get pulled over though.

Ban cars

Using mobile phones etc. whilst driving should be banned.

I spent a month driving up and down Florida, had a few near misses with dumb bitches in big SUV's too busy texting to see what was going on around them.

I'm a NEET so I am okay with 30% of zero. Gonna go full Turbonigger.

It is banned, people just don't care. Phone companies should disable service when a phone is going above 10mph.

If you are caught using a mobile phone and driving twice your license should be suspended, it should be the exact same penalty as a DUI.

>>After New York raised the cap on its highway traffic to 65 mph in 1995, the state’s total crash rate dropped by 4 percent. And in 2000, the Automobile Club of Southern California determined that higher speed limits in that state did not increase the rate of statewide accidents over a period of five years.
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/06/texas_85_mile_per_hour_speed_limit_do_higher_speed_limits_cause_more_accidents_.html

IMO, cars are better equipped to drive at higher speeds. When driving at higher speeds drivers are typically more aware of their surroundings (on higher alert). I agree that high speed crashes are worse than slow speed. But I disagree with most of the speed limits, they are really there to generate revenue. Except in Texas, I was impressed with the 80 mph limits.

It's supposed to be in some locations.
It's not very enforceable.

It is? Shit. I saw so many people doing it I assumed it wasn't...

In the UK they're rtying to make using a phone or "distracted driving" as taboo as being a drunk driver.

speed walking should be banned

Shove that goal post up your ass.

In Finland your ticket is priced according to your wealth.

If you're a multi millionaire the cost of your speeding ticket is enormous.

At least, that's what I've been told.

>using the fucking pokemongo system for vehicles
Fuck you, moron.
>passengers in vehicles
>trains
>jogging

To say nothing of the fucking fact that you're still allowed to stuff your face while driving, you're allowed to just space out while driving, you're allowed to just be a shitty driver, but heaven forbid you fucking send a text message as you slow down approaching a red light.

Get the fuck out of other people's lives; you have no business regulating how stupid people choose to be and the more you try to do it the more it turns into "hurr durr i'm a non-binary attack helicopter you're not the boss of me"

It is a hard one to enforce.

We have unmarked police on motorbikes who filter lanes / traffic and call off the drivers using mobile phones. Then marked police bikes following pick them up and ticket them.

Speeding is fine. It's when retards see speed limit sign of 60mph and think it's acceptable to go that when everyone is going 80 is when trouble is brewing.

As long as it's not on a public road.

Absolutely wrong. Speed is a factor in almost every fatal car accident. Alcohol is the other big one.

ins companies making a grab before we all swap to self drivers and no one can be sued or cited.

will cheer when Allstatenigger ins dies.

Honestly it would be worth the societal costs for passengers to not be able to use their mobile phone either.

As I said before Trains and busses could send a special signal to keep the phones active.

I know there's no fucking way you can jog 10mph for any length of time.

are you telling me speeding is the cause of all of those 37k deaths?
tell me the numbers of the 37k that died due to speeding
>5mph results in more deaths

I gladly break any speed limit both in urban areas as well as highways.
Whenever i see someone on a bycicle i speed right next to him to let him know that cucks should stay at home.
Whenever a pedestrian crosses my way i floor the gas and he better get on the other side of the street by as soon as possible least i may run over him.

Driving is freedom, and to hell with cucks like you.

A study done by WHO found that speeding in itself does not significantly increase your risk of a crash unless it's extreme. What does increase the risk of accidents is cars travelling at either a significantly higher or lower speed than the flow of traffic. So that car doing 10 miles an hour under the speed limit is just as likely to cause a crash as the car doing 10 miles over.

Holy shit... You have emotionally stunted me with your retardation. Think out any physical interaction and how speeding makes it worse:
>Lessens available time to react, for all drivers involved
>More force to overcome friction on slick surfaces
>Increases momentum
>Decreases duration of impact, leading to higher forces
>Longer distance from where the crash started (you don't often get sent into incoming traffic from a fender bender)
If you'd like to prove me wrong just slam into a wall at 90 mph and sustain less damage than me walking into a wall and I'll gladly rewrite physics.

Sure, speed is a factor, but again, human reaction time.
The average person doesn't fare any better at 60 than they do anywhere above that speed.
Even someone that's not distracted at normal, legal highway speeds is simply not equipped to handle the situation, at all. Physiologically, they can't do it.
Think about it, most people can't think fast enough to turn their brights off, what are they supposed to do if something goes wrong?

>worth the social cost
>worth the social cost
>worth the social cost
Who the fuck are you to make that judgment, nigger? Who elected you? Fuck you.

>ok guys because we decided to be fucking retards now every train has to add this imaginary device that I thought up. You have to invent it and pay for it, goys.
I hate you and I think it is worth the social cost to sterilize people based on the stupidity of their opinions expressed on an anonymous image board. Think of the children.

anything about this image related to speed? Not sure if there's a better source for the image...

cutedeadgirls.com/cute-dead-girls/auto-sardines-1371.html#more-1371

Men are the biggest problem on the road even though they are much more competent drivers. Road rage, speeding, tailgating and lane-weaving are all big problems that women don't do nearly as often.

The problem with women drives is cell-phone use, not having a fucking clue where they are going, not knowing how to merge, and having poor awareness of the situation around them.

raise all speed limits by 10 and you'll never have to write another speeding ticket again.
Speed limits are set low on purpose so you WILL speed so they can ticket you.

Why don't you think of the hundreds of children killed every year by speeders.

Get your cuck anti-authority shit off this board nigger.

Did she live?

fuck you speeding shouldn't be a crime at all

Yeah she went on to live a happy life on a farm it turns out.

Half true. Women are a problem because, ironically, they drive too slow. Ever seen them cutting your way on a roundabout at 20mph? It's basically a collision waiting to happen.
With cellphones at hand i must admit that everybody drives like a half retard, i myself try not to use it unless necessary.
The most dangerous ones are old people, the really old ones, crashes waiting to happen.

You'll find that women will acount for far more fender benders than men but are far less likely to be involved in a serious crash.

>implying road rage speeding tailgating and lane weaving are bad things
Get off the fucking road. I drive drunk and high 5 miles above the speed limit ALL THE TIME and I have an impeccable driving record. I intentionally tailgate to make people switch lanes because they don't belong in the left-most lane. I yell fuck you out my window so people know I exist and they must respect my existence. The only time I know how it feels to be a Chad is when I am behind the wheel.

Ah, nice.

Oh fuckin hell... I so tired of you nanny state, pearl-clutching faggots. I hope you die in a fiery crash because youre a moron and a wart on society.