What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

It's trash.

/thread

Crap adaptation.

It's no masterpiece, but at least it's better than the edgy snorefest of a prequel it has.

Not great, but more palatable than the VN at least.

The action scenes are very nicely animated. I found the story a lot less engaging than Zero though.

A half decent adaption of the VN.

>tfw believing in UTW's lies

Shitty cashgrab adaptation

Brave Shine was a good OP.

Best OP last year for sure.

UBW was alright but not much more. Fate/Zero was soo much better, especially because UBW honestly kinda felt thrown together without a real red thread, basically, no real story, it was all just an all out war for the most part. In that sense Fate/Zero was way better.

It was still a fairly fun watch though, if nothing else for the production quality and the animation alone. It was really outstanding no matter what anyone on Sup Forums says.

FZ had a better adaptation because going from LN to anime is much easier than VN to anime. Other than that FZ is still worse in every way.

Worse than Fate Zero in nearly every way and I have read the VN.

Also started the fixation on Heroic Spirits and a thousand spin off games about Grail Wars instead of actually interesting and original stories set in the Nasuverse.

Fucking worthless retard director ruined it. Thank god he isn't allowed near the HF movies.

I already told your mom last night.

Fate is chuuni waifubait garbage

The animation was better too.

UBW is fucking rife with rhino face.

That's art style, not animation.

Lmao OP is a fag.

absolute garbage

The fucking OST from the game is gone, it felt rushed, and felt nothing like the VN. guess I'll have to wait for the 2026 version.

I don't know how anyone could say that UBW has no real story and claim that Fate/Zero does. If anything that problem applies to Fate/Zero.

Only contrarians think it's garbage.

>Found the contrarian

Fuck all of you, it was good. It wasn't perfect, but it was still good. It was a pretty faithful adaptation, and the extra scenes were all nice additions. The animation was amazing. The only flaws were a couple slow episodes, and the OST could have been more impactful.

9/10, stop hating things just because other people like them.

Fuck off

Who are you quoting?

It was very good, but it'll always be hated on Sup Forums because it, and F/Z, were very popular and clogged the board, giving anons a distaste for the whole series.

no u

It's shit. Fate/Zero is better.

>Emiya "Muh Ideals" Shiro

Lol for real

Or maybe it was shit and you have shit taste?

Shirou is more mature than Kiritsugu

So much this. People complain about Shirou being a shit MC, but Kiritsugu is so much worse. He's just edgy to be edgy, with no real personality other than edge.

Miura killed Fate.

Heaven's Feel movies will revive Fate

>He's just edgy to be edgy, with no real personality other than edge.
No, the reason Shirou [becomes] more mature is that he accepts the impossibilities of his ideals and is satisfied with just pursuing them, Kiritsugu didn't accept it until it was too late and spent his time chasing after a device he didn't even know would work that will magic everything okay.

>Kiritsugu
>MC
LOL. This faggot was the MC.

Urobuchi just creates more memorable characters. I barely remember the Caster pair in the main series

>He's just edgy to be edgy, with no real personality other than edge.
>using meaningless buzzword three times in one sentence
Are you retarded? You don't have to like Kerrytsugu, I think he was very unlikable, but thinking that he has no personality, whatever it means, is just wrong.

Describe his personality without using words like gritty, dark, etc.

Naïve is the only word I can think of. Not much personality there.

Not really. Shirou is plenty memorable and so is Rin.

Perfect adaptation of a perfect VN. Can't wait for Heaven's Feel.

All the people who are calling it garbage are tsundere as fuck or just shitposting. When it was airing, entire Sup Forums was jizzing itself over it.

Lies, everyone hated it. Only stupid contrarians and shitposters praised it.

Confirmed for being a newfag. But then again, I wasn't expecting anything else from you.

If by everyone you mean MAL, you'd be right I guess.

Fuck off

literally the only people who enjoyed it were waifufags, of which there are always.

you want to talk about newfags, get back to me when you remember the hayday of TTGL and Code Geass.

THOSE were shitstorms.

Stop acting like you are an oldfag

Yes. And Illya, and Archer, and Gil, and Kirei. FSN has plenty memorable characters.

Zero has Rider, Irisviel, and that's it. The rest were bland as fuck, or from FSN.

Can't be bothered to find pics but literally half the threads on Sup Forums were Fate threads when UBW was airing. It also brought over fucktons of secondaries from reddit and MAL most of whom still shitpost here.

>Holy Grail War
>Three people died
Garbage. Also the fuck was the point of going down the same shitty route his future self regretted?

The verdict is that most people who start Fate threads on Sup Forums just want to shitpost.

>missing the point

This is why I hate secondaries

I fucking loved it. Probably the best anime adaptation of something I've ever seen.
I could gush over it, but the more I praise it, the angrier certain people get. The Archer vs Shirou confrontation sealed it as one of my favourite anime, ever.

If I have to have a complaint, I didn't like the use of CG and I greatly prefer hand drawn animation over any 3D shit 100% of the time.

japan harry potter

The point was explicit in the anime. Pretty much trying to justify the shounen hero of justice trope. The writing is just not convincing the reader/watcher.

Wow every single part of your post is shit, what a surprise that you would have an uneducated opinion.

yea i remember, and 90% of them were waifu threads

>regretted

>Average forgettable Chinese computer generated data
Stop stealing posts from plebbit. Even though they got some pasta worthy normalfag opinion.

Nice argument, shitposter-kun.
fuck off to MAL

>mention reddit
>pasta
>normalfag
>opinion
Man some posts are starting to sound like randomly generated shitposts. I've been here too long.

Anime have no entry barrier. But don´t make the whole Fate fanbase look like hipster faggots. Fucking latino grade school drop out could qualify to write a review that gush over it the same way you do. Is fucking YT generation baby´s first serious anime.

>Describe Shirou's personality without using words like nice, justice, naive, dumbass
Mm, can't really. Such a shitty bland character.

>The point was explicit in the anime.

So let's test it. What was the point?

So why did Sup Forums go from absolutely LOVING everything F/SN related back in 2006-8 to hating everything about it?
Is it a coincidence that after Fate/Zero aired, the series gained a fucking assload of shitposters or is it just following the tend of general decrease in quality of posts thanks to Sup Forums's growth in popularity?
Also Fate/Zero was great and all but it suffered from some pacing issues. I think I'll re-watch F/Z then Ufotable's F/SN anime back to back, and re-read the visual novel again on my vacation.

>Impersonating another user
I recognize the absent of argument the guy that responded to me had with his shitty stock shitshirou, no need to falseflag.

HF fucking WHEN

FUCK BACK TO /VG/. Seriously Fate is the new Naruto.

Damn, it's become impossible to discuss anything on Sup Forums lately. Especially if it's popular.

First of all. The general quality of anime is pretty low to begin with. So when everyone have fawned and been dazzled by Tatami Galaxy and Mushishi + Bebop, and any other good staple anime, we go for what´s bottom of the barrel. Now when our damn nieces starts being amazed over how Fate is the deepest shit the world have ever gazed upon, we find their ignorance to be so fucking annoying, that it taints the mediocrity that is Fate.

Also better shit have come out, like Soukou Akki Muramasa, Steins Gate and even a series that stole the whole concept of Fate and made it better Dies irae.

Thanks for proving my point? You listed four different qualities of his personality. Also, I would like to add determined, stubborn, and easily embarrassed to that list.

>s it a coincidence that after Fate/Zero aired, the series gained a fucking assload of shitposters
Of course not. The anime brought it to the attention of the seasonal-shitposting crowd and the IRC brigade. The old 2006 anime came before either of those cultures developed.

Just asking here. Why don´t you discuss the popular stuff on MAL and reddit? Just curios. Shitposting gets you banned there, or are you hating the circlejerking? In that case, why are you complaining of the lack of circlejerking here?

Enjoyed the VN a lot more but seeing the action scenes animated was pretty neat.

I'm personally a little satisfied. Fate (TM in general) was always Sup Forums's golden goose, couldn't really say much negative about it and VN discussion continued to be allowed on the board even when /jp/ was created despite other series being (rightfully) shuffled off. There's been this untouchable quality to it because it's "our series," so where something comparable in quality like Naruto gets pasta spam, Fate gets half a dozen threads of healthy discussion. Maybe I'm just salty but truthfully TM VNs do not belong here, only their adaptations, unless Sup Forums is willing to welcome video game and comic discussion because there have been game and Marvel anime.

I like swords

Why is Cu Chulainn so much better than Diarmuid?

Why is Medusa so cute? She's supposed to be an ugly monster.

Why is Zero Gil so much less entertaining than SN Gil? I mean, yeah, he jobbed, but he was always do amusing when he appeared.

Why was Lancelot such a pushy whiny batch compared to Herakles?

And now it gets shitposted thanks to popularity. A fitting fate, in line with Sup Forums's hypocrisy.

>Fate/Stay Night was about the war
>missing the development point entirely

He has no regrets, that is his only path.
He is waiting for one's arrival.
Unaware of beginning, Nor aware of the end.
Yet, his flame never ends.
Thus, his life has no meaning
His whole life was an Infinite Creation of Swords.

My fellow man. Fate is fucking cancer, a cancer that have been protected from cell poison every time the cell poison have been administered. I can´t believe that I love what the Naruto and casual faggots have turned this shitty eroge into. Is such a deformity today that it can no longer be protected.

>Just asking here. Why don´t you discuss the popular stuff on MAL and reddit?
Mainly having to sign up for things, and I don't really want to bother with reddit. From what I've seen and heard everyone has to be on their best behaviour or risk getting banned.
I love the anonymity of Sup Forums but in the past few years the userbase went to "witty, dry humour while discussing things they like and occasionally getting sarcastically passionate about inane things such as waifus (originally a joke)" to "looking for an opportunity to call everything you like shit".
Sounds like somewhere along the line people started taking the sarcasm and friendly banter way too seriously and they browse and shitpost out of pure hatred and instinct.
I've been on Sup Forums far too long and it's sad to see this is what my internet home has become.

No. As someone that liked it, I would have loved it a lot more if the whole thing actually spelled peril for the participants. It was mostly beta bitches dancing around each other, damaging each other and pulling out at the death keel.
>I will go for now
>Thank you for giving me a fun fight
>I can kill you whenever I want
>So see ya

I can't divorce Zero from two colossal flaws:

One, Kiritsugu's entire character arc culminates in him facing a heartbreaking revelation which... the cast of FSN discusses as an offhand philosophical obviety. Shirou in the prologue already has a full understanding of the shit it takes Kiritsugu all his life to fully accept. Rin talks about it offhandedly. Both Zouken and Amakusa account for it in their plans. This leaves Kiritsugu's whole character looking like a complete pointless immature simpleton. You can say that "this was the point," but that doesn't really make it much better given the amount of time dedicated to said immature simpleton. His tragic end doesn't feel poignant, it feels like watching a retarded person hurt themselves.

Two, Iskander's entire "philosophy" and ultimately meaningful characterization being a load of nonsensical transparent rationalization for regular selfishness. This by itself wouldn't be too bad if the narrative didn't clearly bend over itself to pretend otherwise by presenting him with no challenges to those ideas, letting him shout down any opposition and saddling him with a doormat Master who has absolutely no way of challenging him in any way. GO just made this worse by actually putting him in situations where the practicality of his philosophy is tested, and it all turns to be a load of bullshit.

>Oh no, people change with time
Just like your fucking anime and, oh no, fucking reality? People grew up and started hating things, but they also started to find other things to love. If you are still stuck in the mentality that everyone´s opinion matters and have the same value, I hate to tell you buddy, MAL is a fitting place for you, no one dare step in anyone´s toe, and every show is a 9/10.

>GO
Opinion discarded. Fuck off with your gacha non-canon cancer.

What if I told you Shirou is my favorite character in the fate series?

Why don't you just hide threads you hate? Serious question

The point of the story was a character study of how fucked up Shirou was and his development. The outcome of the war and battles are never the focal point. Plus the bad ends keep you pretty distracted murdering him at every corner.

if you enjoy fate stay night you might be a NTR enthusiast.

Shittier than Zero.

>People grew up and started hating things
But the exact opposite of that is what actually happened. Younger newfags showed up and mistook sarcasm for actual vitriol.

The event was written by Urobuchi himself. Even he couldn't concoct a way to make Iskander look good when actually required to put his ideology into practice in a regular situation.

GO is canon just like everything else.

Same reason why beggars at the mall entrance are pure eyesores even though you are not obligated to give them anything. Same reason why you are not hiding and ignoring my posts.

Your post doesn't bother me though you seem annoyed by the series in general though.