Explain why you didn't like Evangelion

Can someone actually give me an argument about why they thought Evangelion was bad? Every single argument I've seen against it was just braindead retarded. Do people shit on this show just for the fuck of it? Are people really so stupid that they didn't understand Evangelion?

dumb eva poster

It's mecha shit

I couldn't finish it.

I don't hate it but I do hate the fanbase and also think it is overrated

See>Every single argument I've seen against it was just braindead retarded.

Get out. It's not even like usual mechashit anyway.

It has giant ebin robots. so it's mechashit.

mostly because its overhyped shit

I've never watched it, therefore I have no emotional attachment to it.

IT WAS TOO DEEP FOR ME

it was all about fanservise and waifus . and you guys keep saying it is deep and shit fuck cock sick neck train wreck . ahhhhhh i hate my self

If I want some psychology or philosophy I'd rather read some books.
I enjoyed last 2 episodes and EoE, but this edgy giant rei/serial evas transformations was really disgusting. Nothing in common with reality comparing with welcome to n.h.k.

animation quality is legitimately bad.

Can someone actually give me an argument about why they thought Re: Zero was bad? Every single argument I've seen against it was just braindead retarded. Do people shit on this show just for the fuck of it? Are people really so stupid that they didn't understand Re: Zero?

Re:Zero is shit

fuck off mouth breather

Re:Zero is Evangelion of anime

People rarely shit on Evangelion these days. It's more Evafags such as yourself trying to stir up shit.

>Mitsuo Iso
>Yoh Yoshinari
>Takeshi Honda
>bad animation
OP was right, every single argument you see is retarded.

not sure if serious or if the artist its really this oblivious of the show.

>it was all about fanservise and waifus
You have never watched the original series have you?
The rebuilds are a clusterfuck however, and the only reason for it has to be to make a quick cash-out from waifufags.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

I think people fail to put themselves in Shinji's shoes. Actually being forced to pilot something like that and fight deadly aliens isn't most people's cup of tea. I think because its anime most people didn't expect it.
Weren't you in yesterday's thread?

Generic mecha show except with really dumb looking mechs and revolting characters. The finale was at least interesting, but not enough to redeem the rest of it.

Also the art style is ugly and it was unpleasant to look at.

i liked it, but it's obviously because the show is a really honest depiction of depression, which a lot of people find repellent not only in media but in real life. everyone in the show fucks up their own lives and everyone else's, and some people just can't or don't want to sympathize or identify with them.

How about, why you don't like the rebuilds?

Is this profesional bait?
I mean, Misato wanted to feel like a mother so she asked to keep shinji, and asuka is crazy and rei has no soul, piloting the eva is not a thing I would do and Shinji has depression.

That and the fact that Gendo gives 0 fucks about Shinji.

Oh I get it, it WAS profesional.

>how about we make an opposite of a wish fullfillment show
>and let's add all these 2deep4u symbolisms
>neon genesis evangelion

>Sup Forums suddenly hates Evangelion
What happened?

It's a pretty good show, but the idiotic fanbase including the OP, who keep making threads about it are making me dislike it.

It was a pretty generic, harmless show with way too many long pauses that made me think the fucking file stopped working at first, then it began to get really good until it climaxed at episode 18. After that it shit the bed into Kowaru wank. Kowaru seemed so pointless but it just kept wanking on about him after his death until they ran out of budget the last two episodes.

EoE was pretty good despite pulling a lot symbolism out of its ass, but is sadly bound to the shit that is Evangelion's last few episodes.

Evangelion is a common sense when referring to god-tier animes, even after all these years. There's not so much hate, at least in comparison with all the acclamation.

All the kids are back in school so they have to get a whole day of shitposting in at night.

Looks edgy and pretentious as fuck.

but its p good

Because I stopped watching it in the middle of the Kaworu episode then watched EoE for shits and giggles?

I should really go back and finish it, but I've read/heard so many analyses it feels like there'd be no point. I acknowledge its value, I'm just too lazy to actually watch it all the way through. I'd rather finish my rewatch of 12 Kingdoms.

jesus christ the whole fucking point of the show was to show how stressful it is for a teenager to pilot a giant fucking robot to save the world

Rei has the soul of Lilith though

Did the guy who drew this comic even watch the show?

It looks like a woman drew the comic so no probably not

It had great art and direction, during the mecha segments. Unfortunately most of it was shitty sol harem shittery, madoka on the other hand didn't have any filler and had character development for all of its characters instead of one

Dunno man, just snagged an unsealed copy of the EVA Holiday Edition for $200 when they usually go for $400 new tho. Feels good.

You would think people would understand something so simple right?

Not even trying to bait well, you lost at harem.

Its characterization lacks subtlety. Shinji in particular is less like a character and more like a grocery list of depression symptoms with a character design. I've read medication pamphlets with more finesse.

madoka is trash what the fuck is wrong with you

The show was alright, but it lacked a proper ending. I saw the film, and everyone turning into soup except for depressed boy and angry red girl didn't cut it for me.

everyone became one what was so bad about that part

I think my biggest complaint about the EVA series as a whole was the fuck up endings and renditions anno keeps remaking. I know he needs to rake in those big bucks, but make a competent movie to finish the fucking series already instead of rehashing the same garbage that should have ended the show itself. Anno must have some jew blood in him.

The cg in EoE looks really fucking bad, that shot where it shows the cg spreading out over earth is just awful.

It does the slice of life, action and deep parts all pretty well but maybe they could have been combined a bit more gracefully, for example Magma Diver gets the same amount of time as the entire character of Kaworu, but this could be a good thing because him only being there for such a short time lets the show keep his relationship with Shinji ambiguous; they'd have to go in one direction or another if he was there for longer.

Why did Gendo burn his hands to save Rei when he can just bring Rei back to life in another clone?

Other than that good fucking show.

This is more retarded than any reason why Eva is shit.

So I guess you haven't watched them

My own feelings on the show are incredibly mixed.

On the one hand, I have serious negative feelings about how the ending was executed. While it probably was, in all honesty, the best explanation of the end-game of the angels and seele we were ever going to receive, I still feel... dissatisfied, as though several elements of the ending were hock-kneed, and the series itself required a great deal of outside research by myself after I finished to truly understand what was going on.

On the other hand, the major themes of Evangelion, along with the animation and characters, made the series awesome. Evangelion really did an excellent job of examining interpersonal relationships between individuals suffering from personal fears, inadequacies and demons made the characters feel so real, and the fight sequences interspaced with the constant feeling of uneasiness as more of the plot mysteries were peeled back coupled with the growing feeling of dread at the thought that the supposed "good guys" may be just as bad after all had me on the edge of my seat.

Overall, I say it was good, but the last few episodes and End of Evangelion could have been executed much better than they were.

But they're not mechs
They're essentially creatures made from either Adam or Lillith
They have a digestive tract and organs just below the metal plating armor.

My biggest complaint about Evangelion as an entirety is that I don't feel it's complete.

>apocalypse level disaster
>everyone is soup
>ends with a crying boy and an angry red girl on some dirt
>what comes next? they die on the dirt? take a swim? more shit flashbacks?

You've seen End Of Evangelion, right?

2deep4u.

Go to bed kyoanifag.

You'll always have shit taste.

I suppose four women weren't lusting for his dick until the otaku pandering sequels

I didn't think it was bad. I just had overly high expectations of it because the fans on the internet and some of my friends said it was the best thing ever and completely revolutionized anime etc. It's a pretty solid show, but not the absolute masterpiece that many thought it was. The child soldier thing was done to death in Gundam and the fans that try to see the "symbolism" behind every shit is annoying. I didn't particularly dislike it, I just wasn't that impressed in the end.

I had huge expectations but every episode was just fighting robots. None of topics touched interested me. If it wasn't as highly retarded as it is, I would have been just neutral to it. But since it is, I do hate it.

>>what comes next? they die on the dirt? take a swim? more shit flashbacks?

So you need a "and after 4 years shinji became a doctor and had 3 beautiful children with asuka, they lived in a small house in okinawa" and scenes of their marraige? Stick to ttgl, then.

It just raises further questions.

People are really stupid. Evangelion is the best thing in the medium yet you'll see it really low on most anime sites rankings.

Otaku are that idiotic.

And what's worst most of them will then go oout of their way talking about how ttgl, fullmetal alchemist or madoka were awesome.
What a disease they are.

ITT everyone proves OP right and acts smug about it.
What happened to you, Sup Forums?

No story would ever end if they had to explain exactly what happened next, you'd get millions of seasons about the great great grandchildren of the characters and it would just go on until the end of the universe.

A good ending is a resolution to the themes and the tone of a series and the last scene of EoE does that perfectly.

But they were lusting for his dick just in a more subtle way that wasn't explicitly obvious like in the way you see in your typical harem animu.

Its a good series, but it is overrated. I mean overrated in all of tv/movies in general though. For anime, its probably one of the best.

When people rank it low, I think its because of several reasons.
Number one, they rank it based on its ambition and what it was intended to do.
A show that is just a harem show but does harem the best will obviously be a 10, because the people rating it are harem lovers.
A show that is a mecha show has to be ranked by mecha watchers. The show doesn't have much of that compared to other mecha shows, so It ranks lower.
In another sense, Eva would be placed with more modern shows like texhonolyze or psycho pass. If we rate it that way, then eva would receive a 10 amongst them for doing that type of thing well.

For general all purpose animes, you will be rated by the lowest common denominator. Think of an average anime, the most average of all anime. Probably something like Naruto. That will be the bulk that will also rate Eva even though its out of their spectrum of interest in part.

Then we consider people that watch more than just anime Compared to TV series made in America or the EU, then anime in general is really really bad, but so is any televised things that japan makes, even their regular TV novels where Koreans do better.

tl;dr
if you only watch anime, eva is the beeznees. if you watch a lot of TV, its average at best.

It's really the fanbase. I thought the show was a solid, good anime. It's just the fans that keep spouting stupid memes, shill waifus, and complaining about newer anime when they probably only watched 10 anime. Mind you Sup Forums is (mostly) free of this but my point still stands. I just can't take Eva seriously anymore after the fans complain about how no anime is as good as Evangelion anymore and otaku culture ruining newer anime even though Eva itself is made by otakus. That isn't even covering the fans who thought there are hidden meanings in the show so the can feel smarter by understanding "deep" concepts.

Then I must have not enjoyed the ride or painfully missed something along the way.

actually watching the new star trek movie and reading all the positive reviews gave me more of an appreciation for anime
even the most generic anime that we always shit on is better than the garbage pumped out of hollywood nowadays which actually receives praise

Western live action series have the benefit of having great actors that are really useful to make characters more believable but name ONE series as ambitious as eva in scope, lore, abstraction, in its themes.
You probably can't name much more than may be twin peaks and I wouldn't even put it above eva in those aspects.

Don't act like an old man.

- The fight scenes were boring and predictable.
- Whoever the fuck the MC's name was was too faggoty acting.
- There was no substance to it. It was just generic Justin Bieber tier pop-anime.

Off the top of my head I can already think of movies that you've never heard of like le feu follet that are better at doing the social that this series tries to do.
I have never even heard of twin peaks.

Wait, I thought we were talking series. There are lots of great movies out there and many of those totally blow eva out of the water but many others don't (in terms of their depth, ambition, etc).
But most of those movies are arthouse films that don't even come out on tv for the most part.

The average tv viewer watches shit that is a thousand times worse than eva.

Also eva doesn't really touch that much on social themes.

The mc was such a little bitch lmfao

>never heard of twin peaks
It's a good show, skip most of season 2 though

eva is my favourite show and I could give you multiple reasons why people don't like it.

>It's very focused on issues that might not be seriouse issues in some people's lives
>similar to point 1 but the MC is very extreme in his personality trait which can make it for some to empathise with him
>battles in eva aren't always the climax of whatevers happening which goes againts what a lot of people enjoy in traditional mecha shows
>playing off the last one the show has a large emphasis on drama that people might not expect
>the show can be very vague (even if this is intentional it can be off putting for some people)
>the ending (I enjoy this but for multiple reasons it's pretty clear why most people wont like it)

So basically you're justyfiying them for wanting shiny lights and pretty colors in all of their shows?

Anime is not a philosophical medium. A show about a 14 year old teenager who destroys the world in some idiotic manner has no business pretending to have a philosophical pretense.

Philosophy should be reserved to film, canvas and oil, and the triumphant paper and pen.

The story was clearly rushed and not well thought out and most of the major characters are irredeemably obnoxious. The only thing it had going for it was its aesthetic. It had cool mecha fights, pretty anime girls for guys to ogle and girls to dress up as at cons, and some trippy sequences towards the end.

7/10 it was ok

It was too deep for me.

No, seriously, I am a fucking retard. I can only digest CGDCT.

At least you're self-aware.

I don't think it was bad, but I didn't find it mind blowing either. I think its a time and place sort of thing, by the time I saw eva I had already watched plenty of anime with depth to it, and I think that's really what eva had going for it, being one of the few anime with that levelof "depth" for its time, but as someone who watched the series much later in my anime career it just wasn't as impressive as it would have been had I'd watched it earlier in life.

Sometimes I watch anime with a friend who has seen much less of it than I have, and I can see him being easily impressed by things I find only slightly enjoyable, so I think that may be a factor in some people not being crazy about eva.

I had neutral feelings on the show itself, but the fanbase is annoying as fuck, and won't fucking shut up about it. So due to this retarded obnoxious fanbase, I hate eva.

yeah grandpa,moby dick is better than all our Chinese cartoons we get it.

Fuck me, I just accidentally a post reaching character limit describing my hype fueled apprehension, to giving the series a chance and my reaction to having finally seen it.

In short, I went in with guarded expectations and ended up loving it. I don't feel the need to leap to it's defense though, it has it's recognition and it's creators were compensated. I know I loved it and that's enough for me. Less than half way into the first rebuild and I'm already in dispute with the altered lines and truncated version of events, as if I've already become a eagle eyed critic of everything that attempts to compare with the original series.

For everyone who didn't like it or feels more reserved about it, I'm sorry you didn't have the experience I did. Having finished it merely days ago, I'm still thinking about it, regretful that I waited so long and that my initial experience has concluded.

I don't know how but everyone proved the OP right.

There's a trend when it comes to Eva.

First you love it, then when you come to learn more about anime you hate it. When you learn more about actual film, you come back to loving it again.

>The fight scenes were boring and predictable

Absolutely fuck the fuck off, you shit-taste-fucking-haver. The fights in Eva might be the only thing everybody unanimously agrees are good.

Every single one was memorable.

That's it.

Eva confirmed for the purest of kino.

>then when you come to learn more about anime you hate it
Why?

>that synchronized fight

hahaha what the fuck dies philosophical medium mean?

hahaha anti eva pretentious kids are the worst. they cant even form a coherent sentence.

I don't hate it OP I really like it
And the reason I like Re:zero is because it's the Isekai Evangelion of this era

>disgusting
I thought it was beautiful.

ITT: Bait

LEL

vintage meme anime

It's just not as good as Brotherhood. Wishy-washy characterization, poor fights and convoluted ending. Certainly has not aged well with time.

Jojo