Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

This spin-off series ended in April but I've never seen much discussion about it anywhere.

Was the series that bad or did everyone forget about it since it has taken nearly four years to end it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCiKgGmK6KA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums said the ending was garbage so I never watched the last OVA.

I watched the ending of it and it was garbage.

First three episodes are alright, then it goes topsy turvy for the last two so watch at your own discretion.

Wonder if we will be getting a move special or 3rd cour for the CG anniversary.

I liked it. Even the ending. Especially the ending. Not everything has to end in suffering feat. extra edge, dammit.

Lelouch was what made code gayass watchable.

>Not everything has to end in suffering feat. extra edge, dammit
Are you referencing the original show? That ending was foreshadowed since episode one.

>Was the series that bad or did everyone forget about it since it has taken nearly four years to end it?
Yes.

So what if it was, I still like my endings happy.
Plus, gypsy Leila a qt.

First episode was decent, second was watchable, the rest was pure garbage. The ending is the worst. One of the worst thing may be the sudden character allegiance changes.
EP2
>AKIIIIITOOOO I`M GOING TO KILL YOU
>HAHAHA KILL ME IF YOU CAN SUCKER
EP4
>Killing is wrong I won´t do it
>AKIIIITOOO YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEEEND
Fuck this shit. Also the romance was mishandled as hell, almost no screen time with the both of them.

+ Fuck Shiner and his horse.

Ok, just spoil it for me then. I watched the first 2 and I never really got hooked.

Only thing I cared about was the chick and I can't even remember her name. What happened to her?

Basically, everyone but head EU general and Shin gets out alive, deserts their respective militaries and goes live with the gypsies.
Akito finally gets the hint that Leila is lusting after his D.
Rolo ends the stupid SuzaLulu subplot by telling them to stop fucking around and return to Britannia.

Also, weird geass-related fuckery that makes so little sense I don't see the need to describe it in detail. There's a floating skull and time travel involved.

The end.

>Plus, gypsy Leila a qt.
Ok, I won't argue with you there, but the original had somewhat of a happy ending. Sure, it wasn't the idealistic everyone lives and gets what they want ending, but most of the cast were living better lives than in the beginning of the show.

I didn't understand the transporting geass girl or why Lelouch & Suzaku were there at all and what happened with them in the end.

Ohgi gets away with being a backstabbing cunt though and the show presents it as a good thing. After all these years, it's still mildly infuriating.

I wish this KMF would've been in the original series. I grew tired of gimmicky snowflake KMF but this one was glorious

I don't really care for this OVA but can someone tell me how Lelouch/Julius Kingsley and Suzaku were involved?

They show up, fuck up EU's shit good, then spend the rest of the series in a cell after Euro-Britannia decides to strike out on its own. Lelouch spends half the time tripping balls.
It was completely retarded and unnecessary and that's coming from someone who liked these OVAs.

Charles sent them both to get shit in EU done, but Shin seizes control of Euro-Britannia and they get arrested. Rolo frees them at the end.

Everyone in CG did some shitty things, that was the beauty of the show. No one came across as purely good or evil, even Nunnally. The shows main message was that war sucks and no matter what side you are on there are tough decisions to be made and blood will be spilled, but as long as you can try to pick up the peaces and work for a better tomorrow, do what you can and try not to lose yourself.

For the sound effects in particular.

Who's the pink haired girl on the right of Rivalz?

Because we talk about it on /m/

Sup Forums is filled with shitposters

youtube.com/watch?v=RCiKgGmK6KA

>implying Clovis ever did anything wrong

There was discussion when the BDs came out. First movies were good, last ones were shit

It's okay.

They did rush through some things with the ending, but overall I enjoyed this.

Cool battles and I am not allergic to happy endings after so many mecha series try to end with super angsty tragedies.

Unnecessary perhaps, but I thought it was a nice little bonus for fans of the older show. Nothing more.

>the show presents it as a good thing

No, not really. What's good is the big picture. Which is infinitely more important than him.

Only the characters with gypsy clothing are living the gypsies. The others are probably just visiting.

The geass-related fuckery actually isn't that hard to explain if you've seen other shows. Like Noein.

It was a stereotypical change affecting one character, after the guy who he wanted to kill actually spared his life and his boss tried to kill him.

There were plenty of scenes that are relevant to building up the romance stuff. It just wasn't a huge part of the main story.

Geass girl is simply an audiovisual manifestation of Jupiter/God/collective consciousness.

Sup Forums is made up of different people. Some think that way, others don't.

The delays between each episode were far too long. There have been some discussion in Code Geass topics and so on, but it's not something everyone has seen or even knows about its existence.

OK, but what did everyone think of the action scenes and CGI?

It's been a while since I watched the TV series. Was there always a lot of twirling and jumping and wall running?

Action scenes were great. CGI was great.

The TV series had less of that, but it still happens with the Guren and Lancelot even in S1. They just didn't have the budget to make them do that so frequently.

Honestly, this whole thing was fine for an optional spin-off.

This. It was just isolated enough in the world of CG that you could get invested without being (heavily) reliant on any of the original cast.