Naruto is done

>Naruto is done
>Bleach is done
>Hunter x Hunter suffers from haitus
>Berserk suffers from hiatus and the author becoming shitty due to iM@s or something
>Jojo is no longer shounen
>everything else either went to shit or was canceled

Once One Piece ends I don't think their will ever been another big three battle shounen because japanese kids don't seem to care about it anymore and the only people who still read jump are oldfags or otaku.

Would this be a good or bad thing for the anime industry?

Why is Berserk in this list of WSJ battle shonen

>Jojo is no longer shounen
How is it not?
The only difference is that it's not for kids anymore and we might get an on screen sex scene.

>The only difference is that it's not for kids anymore

>shounenfag lies about following Berserk to look cool
Begone, faggot

Its the end of an era

don't kid yourself, berserk is just an edgier shounen

>edgier shounen
That's the definition of seinen

>he still watches battle shounen

Good. Jojo is literally the only shonen (on tv) since FMA Brotherhood that meets the quality of Fist of the North Star and other classics. Its time to kill the genre and move on. Murrican kids getbtheir first call of duty at age 5 so nowballvthe murrican cartoons are trying to appeal to 20-somethings. I imagine the same is happening in Nippon. I would not complain if shonen died for seinen

>Murrican kids getbtheir first call of duty at age 5 so nowballvthe murrican cartoons are trying to appeal to 20-somethings.

Hunter x Hunter will outlast OP.

it could end in 10 chapters and still do that

What really gets me is that were it not for the hiatuses, HxH could have been concluded around this time, or nearing its conclusion. I didn't want to become a fan due to it, but now I'm anticipating the next chapter.

It moved to a seinen magazine like a decade ago.

HnK is fucking bad, a series isn't automatically good because it's old and influential.

So

how is Berserk shonen

Boy that's a spicy meme

The reason HxH is as good as it is are the hiatuses.

The sicknesses are bullshit, we know it, Togashi knows and Jump damn sure knows it, but it's a good excuse for him to prepare the story's quality and depth every time he comes back to update.

One Piece is shit and HxH will be in hiatus hell forever, so there's no more point to Shonen anymore.

>tumblr
No wonder you made a shit thread.

Yeah, I'm sure Togashi knows his issues are bullshit when he's bedridden in the hospital.

I cannot fathom what runs through people's heads when they come up with retarded fairy tales about what Togashi is doing with his life. There's literally no reason to assume he's faking it unless you blindly believe every meme you've ever read on Sup Forums and ignore the many times he, Jump, his editor and his family have mentioned his health problems. And then ignore the total lack of logic in thinking he'd have such an erratic schedule and inconsistent art for any other reason. Does he need to post his fucking hospital records to get people off his back?

Isn't Hero Academia a thing?

Hey man I'm sure this is gunna be mindblowing but there's this thing called google image search, so if your folders are a tragic mess like mine, sometimes it's faster to just google what you want and find it in the first few results.
It would be great if you stopped being a knee-jerk reaction faggot and we'd all look a little smarter, I feel a bit stupid replying to you honestly.

>Togashi's doctors in the house
Kill yourself.

HunterXHunter is better than Brotherhood and Jojo.

Yes even with Alluka.

>Once One Piece ends
I don't think you understand.

Kids can do as they like with these things; it's dumb to blame kids and teens for liking things made for kids and teens.

Hopefully we can move on from the typical normalfag view of anime as being relevant for either Miyazaki movies or whatever kiddy battle shonens once they remain so irrelevant. If that turns them away from anine altogether once Miyazaki's gone and the Big 3 are over, good, then that is all the lesser a pool of people to be annoying, mislied, naive normalfags shitting up the board.

>HxH hasn't had a consistent schedule since 2003
It's like looking at a picture of the holocaust

>japanese kids don't seem to care about it anymore
It's not that they don't care, it's that there are no kids anymore because of low birthrates.

Japanese kids never cared. The big 3 was a western thing and it ended way back when bleach got cancelled, not when naruto ended and definitely not when bleach ended.
There will always be entry level anime and kids defending it, the lack of big 3 makes no difference

>HxH better that Jojo
I like both, but Jojo how is it better, and don't give me that muh chinese checkers scene shit

Well, the problem with HxH is you need to reread it multiply times. Watching anime or less than 2 times rereading is not enough for the fully realization.

>read/watch JoJo and it's golden the first time
>read/watch HxH and it's golden the fifth time

Phantom Blood+Battle Tendency: Decent story with villains that work well within their arcs. It however hings too much on convenient coincidences and really awkward character development.
Stardust Crusaders: Worst part yet animated. Only Iggy has a character arc. Dio is turned into utterly bland tripe when paired against Jotaro. Story hinges on characters forgetting established powers and/or acting stupid and doesn't even pay off for it. Almost no fight has any tension up until the very end, which makes it drag a lot. Half the cast does almost nothing the entire show so worst Jojo and Polnareff can show off. Several fights are won with asspulls, including the climax and you even have Jotaro flying without explanation in one scene in the finale.
Diamond is Unbreakable: Admittedly the best part yet animated. Its biggest sin is abandoned plot points and the return of odd character development and forced coincidences, but even those are now more tolerable.

But Stardust Crusaders is over half of the animated Jojo, so that is over 50% bad shonen.

nice

go read/watch shokugeki no souma that shit is a masterpiece desu not overly ecchi but good enough
really a very good manga/anime

>and you even have Jotaro flying without explanation in one scene in the finale.
Him and DIO were bouncing off the ground and buildings in the manga, they weren't actually flying. David Pro decided to make it DBZ.

But it is not a BATTLE shounen

Yes. And we are talking about the anime. So Jotaro was flying around.

Another baiter fag that hasn't even tried to read anything new has made a thread!

>Literally an anime only fag giving his opinion on JJBA as a 'whole'

You watch/read Jojo for the characters and story. It's heavily stylized and purposely ridiculous for entertainment. The coincidences and unadulterated horseshit are a means to that end. If that's not your thing then perhaps you're watching the wrong anime. I can tell you it doesn't change at all in the upcoming parts. Although Part 4's last fight is probably the only one that doesn't rely on an asspull for the win.

I've read most of the Jojo manga (admittedly, after having watched the Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency anime), but we are talking about shonen on tv.

I literally mentioned (Fullmetal Alchemist) Brotherhood in the original sentence, which is an anime.

>the only difference is that it's not for kids anymore.

This is why it's not shounen.

But isn't Kinnikuman still on-going?

I have to admit I am one who prefers an interesting world over interesting characters in my fiction, so JoJo is not my ideal series. Still, I am fine with most of JoJo. It is just Jotaro and Giorno who are shit, boring characters in a character-centered series, so they effectively ruin their parts.

>Would this be a good or bad thing for the anime industry?

A lack of generic shitty SJ titles can only be a good thing. Although top notch series like Jojo and HxH becoming seinen and plagued by hiatus, respectively, is unfortunate. There will always be enough material for SJ and adaptations to be successful and profitable, I don't think the presence of a big 3 will be hugely significant. The anime industry itself will probably make just as much money pumping out random shounen adaptations of varying quality as they were making from horrendous Naruto and Bleach adaptations.

The battle shounen era is dead. Now, we're living in the Light Novel era. Most anime is adapted from it, with manga being seen as an afterthought. It can be both good and bad, but story will definitely suffer. Many light novels were originally web novels, that too often fall into the trap of easy wish-fulfillment rather than telling an interesting story.

Manga has a set structure, usually with an editor that acts as a counter balance to the mangaka. For example, Kishimoto's editor suggested that Naruto wouldn't work without a foil, so Sasuke was created out of that. Yeah, shippuden Sasuke was retarded as fuck, but early on it made the story interesting for him to have a rival.

Either way, we're going to be seeing A LOT of shit like Asterisk War, Dragonar Academy, Mahouka, and SAO. But there's a chance we get a Shield Hero anime, which would be great.

Hunter X Hunter isn't even better than Yu Yu Hakusho, let alone series like FMA and JJBA. It's literally a worse Yu Yu Hakusho, and that series isn't that great to begin with.

Manga sells way more than LNs. It's not even close.

You're right, but how do we explain the sudden avalanche of LN to anime adaptations? Maybe it has something to do with how a studio buys the rights to adapt something? Just guessing, but maybe it's a lot cheaper to get a light novel's rights?

Anime nowadays is even more skewed towards saving as much money as possible, so that could be it. Another thing is a LN paying a studio directly to adapt one of their series to help promote sales. That's a big reason why so many new series adapted from LN never see a season 2.

That shit is fucking trash.

>yuyu is better than hxh
dude, you're pretty fucking unintelligent.

Nah. All those series are fine and have different strengths and weaknesses. For example, YuYuHakusho has a lot of fodder characters and events that are just there for more fights and FMA's main villain is the most boring out of the villains in all those series' main villains.

I guess we should just agree that I simply like HxH better for my own reasons.

We have twenty manga adaptations this season. LNs might have gotten an increase but manga hasn't gone anywhere.

Because both anime and LN are for otaku, while Manga is a widely accepted product for people of all ages.

>The only difference is that it's not for kids anymore
>How is it not?

>dude opinions

Yes, no shit.

Isekai and Magical Battle School cliches were born in light novels. There aren't any more light novels adaptations coming out than usual, but it just looks that way since they're all the same bland shit.

LN are insanely popular with girls. It could be demographics shifting.

>>LNs

So this is why the anime industry is shit today. Japs wouldn't know literature if it hit them on top there head. The only good LNs were Spice and Wolf, and fucking Vampire hunter D.

Everything else is either Battle haram shit, Sol done wrong, or just some plain shitty Western inspired fantasy. LNs are the lowest tier of books my god.

Or on the other hand never getting Index III an Railgun D

Why do people like this exist? Who the fuck is educating these poor motherfuckers into thinking that demographics like shounen and seinen are genres?

>The sicknesses are bullshit,
Sometimes they probably are. But go reread a good chunk of the Chimera King arc and tell me the man wasn't dying.

Then again the man married Sailor Moon, so who are we to judge?

I thought BNHA is the next big battle shonen? People tends to say its just a regular shounen, and they are not wrong, but with Naruto and Bleach ending, that means there is a slot opened in the market to replace the finished series.

well,its black clover,academia and i guess one punch man?

Bearer of the torch.

...characters are what drive the story forward though. Its their actions that make the setting work

Is this even Sup Forums?

It's funny because bnha is about how deku has to take on the role of top hero. Now he has to take on the role of a big 3

>ONE wont finish this chapter until 2020

I doubt it.

There aren't enough babies in Japan.

We need some heroes to go there and impregnate all of their women but literally none of the 3 billion+ men on the planet have any interest in doing this.

I do.

fucking Togashi Truthers man

No one needs a nation of dysfunctional people raised by single mothers either, just look at America

You best not be shitting on Jintai

I bet when Togashi is dead due to back pain they will say he fakes it.

>The sicknesses are bullshit, we know it,
>we know it

God bless Sup Forums.

There are also no longer any children in Japan anymore.

Not him but a year or so back I asked why WataMote is considered shounen when it's not made for kids and Sup Forums got mad at me

Berserk has been back to regular publishing for the past few chapters.

I actually like Magi and the Seven deadly sins a lot more than the older era shounen.

>I actually like Magi and the Seven deadly sins a lot more than the older era shounen.

Good taste user.

>Watamote
>Shounen

>>You're right, but how do we explain the sudden avalanche of LN to anime adaptations?
Pretty sure there's still more manga adaptations these days

>Shield hero

You mean the one where the main cast is composed of MC and lolis (plus a loli that looks legal)?

Yeah no, it's the same thing.

>How is Jojo not for kids anymore? The only difference is that it's not for kids anymore.

Those have nothing to do with why HnK is good you tasteless mongoloid. If you can't tell why it's just because your opinions are garbage.

I won't comment on Magi but NnT is pretty fucking bland.

Good overall. Now we need to eradicate moeshit and pedobait.

>and the only people who still read jump are oldfags or otaku.

Where? The west?
aka the part the of the world with zero influence over what goes on here?
Jump is a children's magazine. Every fucking kid in elementary school here buys Jump, and a salaryman would be embarassed to be seen reading it on the train (which is the exact meter with which you should gauge demographics).

Just because the anime you were watching dubbed in your mother tongue when you were 6 doesn't have a manga anymore it doesn't mean that everyone stopped making new ones.

The stuff you see today and just give a cursory look to because it's readily available IS the new big thing. You're just so removed from the actual situation in Japan that you think the internet scene is a faithful representation of the industry.

Most children-aimed anime isn't even subbed, which means no one is watching it outside of the country.

>because japanese kids don't seem to care about it anymore
woah, what do japanese kids do then?

to be fair japan is a fucked shithole that literally believes you must sell your very being to corperatism until you are unable to physically do so, then you must kill yourself.
seriously japanese modern culture is a special brand of cancerous hell that isn't ethical in the least.

At least they don't have towelheads.

I want an answer to this as well

Well your question from a year ago is valid. Things made for kids, boys specifically, is the definition of things we consider shounen. Your question said, more explicitly, "Why do people think this is shounen when it's not?" If Sup Forums got mad at you, they were wrong.

This question more explicitly says "It's shounen because it's not shounen anymore." which is nonsensical and retarded.

i don't know, i'd rather deal with the occasional towelhead explosion or whatever the shit the crazy bastards decide to do that day then live the sheer hell that is being a corporate slave in japan.