Abolish the Drug Enforcement Agency

So, Sup Forums you like small government, right?
Concerned about corruption?
Favor scientific and medical research?
Want fewer drug addicts? Less crime? Healthier families?

The solution is simple: abolish the DEA.

salon.com/2015/11/23/we_need_to_abolish_the_dea_theres_no_federal_agency_that_does_more_harm_to_the_people_it_serves/

Decriminalize individual possession and use of addictive substances, while continuing to punish large-scale drug trafficking. Meanwhile, encourage addicts to get treatment, since they know they won't be jailed for their condition.

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/06/05/why-hardly-anyone-dies-from-a-drug-overdose-in-portugal/

Past evidence suggests it works. Decriminalizing drugs while promoting treatment for addicts results in society having fewer drug addicts, less drug-related violent crime, and fewer lives and careers destroyed by the prison system (= better economic growth, fewer broken families).

news.vice.com/article/ungass-portugal-what-happened-after-decriminalization-drugs-weed-to-heroin

What do you say, Sup Forums? Can you at least agree with the left on this?

the DEA has killed more people and ruined more lives than any of the substances they go after.

the DEA should go after the CIA if it was serious about stopping drug traffickers.

the DEA's steals from the public through civil forfeiture claims against cannabis users in legal states. without marijuana, the rest of the illicit drug markets would be too small to justify the DEA's continued existence.

prohibition does not work. we learned this during "Prohibition". you can get any drug you want any where in the country, even in prison.

Prescription drugs are killing people in record numbers and the DEA still spends the bulk of its resources going after non-lethal marijuana busts.

disband the DEA already.

i care more about abolishing the Fed user...

sorry bigger fish to fry atm.

DEA is a fucking joke, look at the microscopic amount of drugs they confiscate

they're a perverse, self-sustaining government waste and life ruining machine, and no one will touch it to be "tough on crime"

I am genuinely surprised at how sensible this discussion has been so far.

india will be here to fuck it up soon

Why not both?

We have to make ALL drugs illegal, then offer nothing but euthanasia when people become ill. That will shut up the whiners!

>Decriminalize individual possession and use of addictive substances, while continuing to punish large-scale drug trafficking. Meanwhile, encourage addicts to get treatment, since they know they won't be jailed for their condition.

This is not the way to do it man. Full on legalisation is the only way. No one has or will be able to stop drug trafficking anywhere as long as it is illegal.

I've never understood why we don't just make it illegal to sell the drugs if you don't have a government license, and then undercut the dealers.

What is with liberal double think? They want to legalize drugs, but blame Trump and evil corporations for the opioid epidemic killing their degenerate friends.

>you like small government, right?
No.

>implying the (((CIA))) will allow normies to cut it's secret source of money laundering for its black projects

>I've never understood why we don't just make it illegal to sell the drugs if you don't have a government license, and then undercut the dealers.

Exactly. It is beyond me that people generally are not able to see this.

Are you implying the legal weed in Colorado is cheaper than the illegal???

If certain drugs are to be legalized, decriminalizing is a step toward it.
You're not going to convince anyone to legalize meth, even if the black market still exists, sponsoring the profit of selling meth is a good way to make everyone think you're a terrible person.

It'd have to be handled through a government program, because no one else could afford to sell at a loss.

But basically, the drug dealers don't have to lower prices to deal with competition and they don't have to worry about their stock/growhouses/warehouses being stolen and resold by the government.

Better the meth head pay the government for his next dose of progressive suicide than his local gang member.

They don't do it because that would reduce the value of these drugs and cut into their profit. They're ALREADY the ones selling the drugs and the fact that it's illegal prevents them from having to deal with organized competition.

i would fucking love to

fuck the drug war

Bro I can get an ounce of top tier bud in Colorado for $100/oz, you just gotta buy illegally (just like back home but cheaper, and higher quality buds).

Rid ourselves of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives

>Past evidence suggests it works.

Nope. I wish libertarians were more honest about this.

There were no real surveys/data on rates of use and addiction in Portugal before the decriminalization, so we have little way of knowing. The exception is the general youth survey, which shows that use rates among youth of almost every drug have doubled since the decriminalization. Granted, death rates have fallen -- all you need for that is hospital data -- but this is because the Portuguese government now essentially gives out free needles and spends lots of money on treatment programs. Are you prepared to convince people in the US to do that? In a world of limited funds, why should I be enthusiastic about taking welfare payments away from a 10 year old kid who just happened to be born into a shitty family and hasn't yet had the chance to make any choices in life -- and using that money to give free needles and other goodies to people who already made their choices in life and became degenerate addicts.

Estonia decriminalized the year after Portugal, and they now have the highest rates of drug fatality in Europe. Why the difference? Those of you libertarian types advocating for less drug control should understand that lack of drug control puts you at the mercy of the market. Portugal was never going to have a drug problem. It's at the periphery -- far western Europe, on the way to nothing else. Estonia is at the crossroads of the supply chains from Russia into Scandanavia and into the rest of Europe to the west. Meanwhile, Lithuania and Latvia (fairly good control groups for Estonia) have much lower rates of drug abuse and death. Know your market -- the US is a huge one and will be much less like isolated Portugal and more like at-the-crossroads Estonia.

That step is an illusion. Meth users (more than probably anyone) will consume meth no matter what, so they should of course get top quality so they don't have to deal with shitty product that is makes the drug much more dangerous than it has to be.

By legalising, the amount of people that are being exposed to meth, would be drastically reduced. And when people start to get information about drugs from other than drug dealers, i think most people will shy away from the "worst" drugs.

And we're forgetting about the most successful attempt of all at stamping out drug abuse -- China c. 1950. When the Chinese government made the credible threat to execute anyone found smoking opium, in just 5 years the number of abusers/addicts declined from 20 mil to nearly zero -- with only 5000 executions along the way. Turns out people won't continue doing drugs when they know their life is on the line. Far more would have died if allowed to continue their degenerate ways. This is the most humane and successful drug control strategy.

Not that i am familiar with your prices, but i don't think so, no. Impossible to discuss legal prices of weed without going further than decriminalising tho.

>Actually thinks everybody here is a Libertarian
Good joke user

You know what else works? Shooting drug addicts in the head

And the IRS and the DEA and all these bullshit federal agencies.

build the wall then get rid of it

lmao bureaucracy

The DEA existing is one of the reasons I love to use drugs.
Just the idea of doing something that some pussy-ass faggot who works for the government as an eternal leech hates me for doing, fills me with just.
I get off more from breaking the law than I do from the drugs.

this

they make some cool fucking movies though, so i want them to stick around