Officials - Removing personal assets from ROK now advisable

twitter.com/W7VOA/status/921554906510712837?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

>Admin source tells me "Everyone wants 'preemptive war' now except for Mattis." Normal Korea experts have no idea how serious this is

twitter.com/WonkVJ/status/921859016883552256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

>From other convos, I infer that "everyone"=McMaster, Pompeo, Haley, Dunford, Pottinger, and Trump. Nobody cares what Tillerson thinks

twitter.com/WonkVJ/status/921866758423642112?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/snTaSJk0n_Y
youtu.be/vP-mwk00MgM
english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/10/21/0200000000AEN20171021002751315.html
twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/921557431305625601?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223
youtube.com/watch?v=4EChJG4YzEE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErlDSJHRVMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"You are not authorized to view these tweets"
Post screenshot pls

Really tickles my piggies

All the pieces are almost in place, at least air and naval assets, as well as missile defenses.

Tweets work and are real, but it literally says that they are informal and not official. Given how a war with the Norks now is a pretty stupid idea, I don't think it's real. I can totally see Mad Dog not giving a fuck and going against everyone else in the WH because of principles. Also

>Nobody cares what Tillerson thinks
Top fucking kek

refresh the page

bye bye rocket boi. god, i will be so glad to see that hyper-oppressive shithole destroyed.

it is pretty funny how much he has been put in his place.

When will be a good time to buy cheap property in Seoul? Just before it get's wasted by artillery while people are trying to sell off quickly and get away, Or after it's been flattened?

this is probably not a good sign.
when they start pulling ambassadors, its gg.

seoul will probably be fine, relatively speaking. i think it's just something libs like to drag out as part of their cuck programming. we'll demolish their border artillery with stealth strikes.

So one guy probably has education maybe a Bach in gen. studies who reads some Intel report says hmmm war is gonna happen any minute now.

If anything is gonna happen you'll see every bomber being moved with in striking distance.

One massive swoop destroy all nuclear threat and ada threats to SK civi population.

Maybe a massive movement of CBRNE guys to some place outside of Korea on standby as well.

From 2009 to 2014, Dr. Jackson held positions in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) as a strategist and policy adviser focused on the Asia-Pacific, senior country director for Korea, and working group chair of the U.S.–Republic of Korea Extended Deterrence Policy Committee.

During his time in OSD, Dr. Jackson’s responsibilities ranged from long-range strategy, policy planning, and studies of military innovation to crisis management and direct negotiations with numerous Asian government ministries.

Kong Rides the Bomb
youtu.be/snTaSJk0n_Y

HOLY FUCK GUYS A NORK COREAN SUBMARINE JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE HELP

There better be 8k video of the tactical nukes.

Ride of The Valkyries - Apocalypse Now
youtu.be/vP-mwk00MgM

Im still waiting on the headlines from the 70's saying nuclear war is about to kick off

Yawn.

Still not buying it.

The logistics of a strike are still not in place.

No big movement of CBRNE units or aircraft to strategic locations.

One guy out of thousands of advisors says move assets.

LARP harder.

Do we have Rods from God yet? Probably the best way to BTFO artillary installations without setting off whatever detects missle launches

english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/10/21/0200000000AEN20171021002751315.html

BREAKING NEWS
>NOT MY PRESIDENT SAYS SOMETHING MEAN
>WAR IS GUARANTEED BY TOMORROW
>BIGOT

I feel like the last month or 2 has been this same day over and over again

No, and it's a shit weapon idea to begin with. If you have even decent radar (and they do), they'll see a telephone-pole sized thing of titanium flying towards them, no different than if we Tomahawk'd them or JDAM'd them with a stealth bomber/fighter.

is correct. Perhaps we are building up to it, but it's a lot slower than the build up to iraq (1 or 2, dealer's choice). We haven't moved enough war material yet.

You MUST catch them off guard

One option is to push it to the brink, even further, so that you are permanently mobilized for an attack and it becomes unpredictable because you are fully mobilized as a threat for a continued period of time. If you mobilize then attack the Russians or chinks will tip them off. (Those goddam assholes). So youd have to mobilize as part of an escalatimg threat process, move carriers in, talk shit, escalates, move more forces into SK, talk shit, etc. Until let's say a year goes by and no one really knows when you are gonna pull that trigger.

Or use a disguise, like fake a disaster on ZipIsland or South Korea and mobilize under that cover plus try to use it as an excuse to evacuate SK around the border?

In both options you would just do a massive preemptive strike on all nuclear facillities and artillery pointed at SK. Then you just engage to try to destroy their other assets because they are gonna go total war. Second target is the leadership. There would certainly be casualties in SK, but maybe you could mitigate how bad.

Third and unrelated option is could and regime change and assassination of Kim. But those could all get really messy and be just as dangerous.

But none of that will happen, Trump is trying to push China to the brink with instability in NK so that they will leash their pet. If they try and NK resists, China looks weak, if they call your bluff, you keep pushing it to the brink even more and go on a global, "this is a problem only China can fix and they won't" tour in the media to try refocus this issue as one which is predominantly China's issue.

we need this.

Unless SK leadership agrees or accepts the loss of 20k people a day starting a war nothing will happen until NK attacks the US.

That was a leaf, bruh.

An air show?!

Lolz.

If they want to do it right because if NK capabilities they need every bomber and stealth jet.

I'm sure some aut can get the numbers but every stealth fighter or even 70% and leave some on standby by at strategic locations would disable NK.

Can I have clarification on objects that come directly from the atmosphere? Pic related from quick jewgle search. It does make sense to me that a radar dish (NK does have ww2-tier or coldwar technology, right?), spinning around, would not be sending out waves upward that would bounce back. It seems a missle is detectable because it flies horizontally towards its target, whereas a Rod from God would fall directly atop.

Timenline would got Iraq 2.

New fiscal year, move assets. Feb/march initiation

>NK
>capabilities

They do have artillery, ada, and nuc's.

Any pre-emotive strike would be to minimize SK causualities.

Senior admin officials say removing personal assets from #ROK now advisable. “take so seriously the possibility of US pre-emptive strike”

twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/921557431305625601?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

What do you mean we haven't moved enough material yet? We have publicly had the policy of pivoting to the Pacific for quite some time now. Also what the fuck has our military been doing in Japan and South Korea? They haven't been riding golf carts around for 70 years I can tell you that. They have all the material they need in place and have for years. All they have been waiting for is someone willing to pull the trigger.

Sk people seem like dicks anyway

So again an unnamed source with an unofficial statement.

>at D.C. Bar
>8 dewars later
>hurrdurr why do you have assets in SK move that shit war is a coming.

Don't kid yourself, that thing will be shot down in the first 15 seconds of the war

How long would it take for the 1000 pilots called up to get re-trained? That'll be the start of the next Korean War

No they don't.

Army officers are already getting recalled.

Why do people compare this to Iraq, NK has nukes so you treat them much differently. For one; any movement of assets would be extremely subtle so as not to provoke a fucking ICBM at your mainland.

Not recalled yet but EP to recall retired officers.

whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Iraq has nukes dumb dumb.

This kind of "news", premature NEO warnings, observable movements,...these are the weapons used to psyche out nK who cannot afford to overlook any indicator, any info, that might actually lead to kinetic action. It is very difficult for any force to remain on active stand-by for extended periods. This is meant to stress them out. And it is working. Don't fall for (((their))) calls to action.

Unlike a standard missile, the destructive power of a kinetic bombardment comes from the impact rather than explosives. They go far faster than an ICBM or even artillery shells - interception is close to impossible. And the design uses tungsten poles, which not only survive reentry but would be resistant to any kind of laser defense. Rods from God would have a very specific niche as bunker-busters offering quick-response destruction of fortified ground targets.

>The time between deorbit and impact would only be a few minutes, and depending on the orbits and positions in the orbits, the system would have a worldwide range. There would be no need to deploy missiles, aircraft or other vehicles. Although the SALT II (1979) prohibited the deployment of orbital weapons of mass destruction, it did not prohibit the deployment of conventional weapons. The system is not prohibited by either the Outer Space Treaty or the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.[8][10]
>The idea is that the weapon would naturally contain a large kinetic energy, because it moves at orbital velocities, at least 8 kilometers per second. As the rod would approach Earth it would necessarily lose most of the velocity, but the remaining energy would cause considerable damage. Some systems are quoted as having the yield of a small tactical nuclear bomb.[9] These designs are envisioned as a bunker buster.[8][11] As the name suggests, the 'bunker buster' is powerful enough to destroy a nuclear bunker. With 6–8 satellites on a given orbit, a target could be hit within 12–15 minutes from any given time, less than half the time taken by an ICBM and without the launch warning. Such a system could also be equipped with sensors to detect incoming anti-ballistic missile-type threats and relatively light protective measures to use against them (e.g. Hit-To-Kill Missiles or megawatt-class chemical laser).

>there will be wars and rumors of wars

youtube.com/watch?v=4EChJG4YzEE

I don't know if Americans will tolerate another War?

Iraq and Afghanistan were major but did not require a war economy, or a draft.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly convinced that a war is needed, nor am I positive the intentions behind the war would pass a moral litmus test.

Ok well if you say so I'll take your word for it.

This is literal Russian propaganda.

Wow.. are you a genius bro??? It literally says in the press release thats its a "psywar"
see pic in

>they'll see a telephone-pole sized thing of titanium flying towards them
And then what?

Launch nukes?

SK is also psyching us out. As much as I feel bad for the Koreans, NK can't be allowed to have nukes.

Fat Boy just needs to stand down. Bleak situation all around

One aircraft carrier near Busan, another in the East Sea. A special operations submarine carrying US navy seals docked in Busan. B-1Bs on standby in Guam. Military drills planned for Monday. Rumors of asset removals of foreign nationals.

Number of fucks given in SK: 0

Yes, as I mentioned, it may be slow. But we don't have the critical mass of material YET.

During the invasion of Iraq 1 we amassed a coalition of 500,000 troops and moved them around the world to Saudi Arabia. We moved countless tanks, fleets of planes, etc. As the Aussie pointed out, it has to be more subtle. Our "pivot to Asia" has been in part complicated by blowing material on ISIS, and complicated by the fact that we don't want to piss off the Chinese by moving too fast. We haven't gotten the full war-train moving yet. This is like the first few rolls of a snowball down the hill. Yeah, it's bigger than when it was at the top, but it's not at a critical mass... yet. The forces needed to STOP a North Korean attack aren't the same as the forces needed to invade and track down WMDs and deal with assymetric warfare. Yes, they have inferior conventional forces. But they've also been preparing for an invasion for 60 years; they are far more dug in than any conventional enemy we've faced. As a side note, we've actually expended a lot of ordinance lately bombing ISIS, it's gotten mentioned in the press a few times. While it is probably exaggerated "give us funds" stuff, it is a consideration that we will need a LOT of ordinance to level their artillery and prepared positions.

>radar signal goes out
>hits Rod from god
>radar signal bounces off Rod from god, like light bouncing off a mirror
>computer sees reflection
>sees the reflection get gradually closer

The real issue with Rod from God isn't that it conceptually doesn't work, it's that it's a lot of effort for remedial pay. A rod from god also doesn't drift straight down, things in orbit are moving really fast, even when in a "stationary" orbit, so it'd be like >drop the rod from above Mongolia, then it glides it's way down to Korea at a steep angle. Imagine dropping a soda can out of your window on the highway; it doesn't fall straight down, it keeps it's horizontal momentum.

We don't really have to worry about the Norks intercepting American ordinance. The Rod DOES have a pretty important use for evading that, but Norks have 0 demonstrated ability to intercept a B-2 or F-35. So I really, really, REALLY doubt we'd unveil a Rod from God platform on Korea of all places. Maybe China.

Good. Let us go home and SK can get nuked.

Save 10's of billions of sheckels and give it to Africa. To help breed more refugees

>[citation needed]

Drill are planned through out the year.

The main ones in march April are the ones that Kim protests.

they do the same thing they'd do if it was an F-35 dropping a JDAM. Fume impotently, and possibly sperg out and launch something they'd deeply, deeply regret. A rod is an interesting weapon. But it doesnt' really fit the situation in a way that other weapons don't do cheaper.

We still have subs? wtf i love our navy now

Go to Kunsan on Wednesday afternoons. I think you'll get a chuckle at what the "SK" folk say at that time ;) That province is a hotbed of communist activity.

Do you want american help or not?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErlDSJHRVMA

Uncle Tom took one for GW

I am a big fan of mattis but why would he be against it? I know he knows it's going to be a godawful bloodbath, but what alternative is there? The Norks are going to get more nukes, better nukes, it's going to be a case of a risk of them hitting us with 1-2 now vs a guarantee of them hitting us with 5-10 in 2 years.

What is "Rod from God" thingy? I hope you're not talking about orbital station.

Because he's seen war.

The rest are like /pol straight CoD nerds.

It shouldn't be the first choice. That's all he was saying.

North Korea already has nukes. Both DPRK and USA will just have to come to realize what the new diplomatic normal is. They've had them, at least crude ones, since their first test in 2006 (was it that long ago??). Them being able to hit our coast is new, but the caveat is that we can still pretty much glass them if they want to throw down. And since Kim presumably wants to continue living, he won't want to do an atomic showdown

>big fan of mattis
meme dog mattis and closet fag, only famous for his candor
Because mattis and company are making a concerted effort to actually get the US out of (((wars)))
No one likes nK, but their only crime was attempting to unify the peninsula under their banner

tfw bornald thinks he signed up to play call of dudes or defeat madagascar in the plague games

Look at how we went to war against Iraq 2.

Testimony...UN speeches....

No way teflon don just attacks NK out of no where.

Fucking LARPS

People believe americans have an orbital weapon station, which drops a tungsten rod from orbit. The rod accelerates as it falls towards earth, releasing an immense amount of energy upon impact (like a small asteroid collision).

It has remained a theoretical concept, but Secretary Mattis or someone else made an offhand comment about "kinetic" options or something with regards to North Korea, and people have been convinced ever sense that we have this doomsday weapon. A platform which, by the way, no one can apparently see, even though amateur astronauts regularly see the ISS and Russia and china haven't said anything about.

So it almost certainly doesn't exist, and would be ludicrously expensive if it does, to the point I really doubt we'd use it on DPRK if it even DID exist. I didn't start talking about it, but other anons mentioned it earlier.

I think Mattis is hoping China or internal actors will force regime change with enough pressure.

Its a dangerous game of chicken right now. Waiting for harsh sanctions to pay off could work, but wait too long and NK has a functional nuclear tipped ICBM arsenal.

They absolutely cannot be allowed to have nuclear ICBMs. However, they have states they absolutely will not negotiate until they do.

If sanctions don't have effect by January, I'd expect war to break out by Spring/Summer.

US forces will continue to build up through the winter.

No one wants to fight a winter ground war in Korea--the weather is harsh.

Spring/Summer 2018 is the make or break moment for the Korean peninsula.

*ever since
sorry it's 12:45 am here.

why would such behavior by him be surprising to anybody? is it because you said hillary would do this? and emails. and then did emails. three times. times millions. then you did the "signed up for" may may to deal with bengazi

*amateur astronomers, not astronauts

Though amateur astronauts would be pretty rad

I guess polite Canacucks are better at breaking the ice than us Burgers

I can agree with that but I don't see or know of any alternative option for this. It really seems like a case where this is a problem that's going to get worse, not better.

If the objective is to diminish the threat to the mainland then that threat is categorically going to grow. The North Koreans will show no interest in diminishing their arsenal and on the contrary they want to build it up and get even more ICBMs. So if we have a crisis and war with them in 5 years time (whether we choose to have that war or they choose to) they will have enough nukes to really hit us.

Though has clarified for me what Mattis' goal is or what the alternative is that I wasn't sure of earlier: Regime change by China or North Korean factions within the administration. I don't expect them to give up their nukes, they'd be fools not to since thanks to Obama/Hillary/Cameron/Sarkozy the world knows what happens if you give up nukes (ask Gaddafi). Yet if they continue the break-neck pace of trying to get more and more powerful/longer ranged missiles then it's going to force our hand. And fuck, then there's the concern of them sharing the technology/expertise or material outright with your Irans or your Venezuela's. In a perverse way while Qaddafi showed you shouldnt' give up nukes we kind of need to punish North Korea either with an attack or Chinese/internal regime change because if we don't it will say "If you struggle past sanctions and get nukes you are scott free". It'll show to the Iranians, Syrians, Venezuelans, to Ukraine and anyone fearing Russian annexation or anyone fearing Chinese annexation/assault in the South China Sea - "Get Nukes and they respect you and you can get away with anything"

Doesn't he technically have ICBM's

He can reach another continent it's reaching America is what concerns us.

It's different to wage a war for Israel than it is to shit post about hill dog.

I actually think we'll strike in late winter (Jan/Feb). It's projected to take ~2 months to destroy all NK military facilities. My bet is that we'll try to force that date to come sooner by starving /freezing out the Norks in their underground bunkers.

Spring is also an option but NK will have ICBMs by then. Summer is also a no-go because of the wet monsoon season (biggest mistake of the last Korean War)

He's a madman remember. We can't let him get the codes.

I dont think ICBM + miniaturization + hydrogen bomb + US East coast range have all been attained in one missile package yet. But that is their goal.

Or we can just use deterrence. Which worked with the Soviets, works with Russians now, works with the Chinese, works between India and Pakistan, works with Israel vs. Everyone in their general vicinity...

Assuming Kim wants to live, he won't nuke us. We don't feel like glassing a small nation, so we won't nuke him and piss of our allies in the area, let alone risk escalating things with China/Russia (there's always the chance that they may intepret a sudden nuclear attack as directed at THEM, which is a strong factor that favors old-timey gravity-bombs rather than long-ranged missiles)

Subtle movements would be national guard CBRNE units getting deployed.

Not reported often misunderstood

When you see several CBRNE units leaving. You'll know.

But he can reach another continent. Which the C for ICBM

This is another excellent indicator. We would also see a lot of EWAR and command air craft being moved over to South Korea, Japan, and Guam.

Thank you for rundown, my man.

>t. boomer

What he is saying is it doesn't look like they can put a miniaturized Hydrogen package on the ICBM.. yet. We know they can reach the west coast (in theory, the reliability isn't super well known), but we haven't seen them do every step of the process:

>launch
>reach orbit
>survivable re-entry
>detonate WHEN and WHERE you want it to

you need to do all 4 of those reliably to have a weapons system worth more than a bucket of piss. And while the DPRK has demonstrated those things in various ways, they haven't shown the ability to do all of them in tandem.

The difference is that those other countries where deterrence works haven't spent the last 60 years holding their neighbors hostage and demanding the world subsidize their fucked up dictatorship with UN concessions and aid every time a famine or disease breaks out that could threaten their grip on power with the locals.

If they get nuclear ICBMs, expect lots of temper tantrums and demands. I guarantee it.

Not to mention the reliability issue.

Simply having an ICBM doesn't mean it will work when you need it to.

late twenties. better luck next time, commie fag.

The difference is that the USSR/India/China/Israel/Pakistan actually had/have a functioning economy.

NK does not and will sell weapons/nukes to anyone who will buy them. They already sell missiles to Iran/Syria/Hezbollah. What will prevent them from selling nukes? The US will not let that even become an option

When 80% of Seoul population is dead, that's when you can TRULY give 0 fucks you amateur, pipe down.

True.

ISR platforms do some justice but I'm sure SK military is more tech advanced the ours.

Probably not worried on that spectrum.

Please tell me ICBM means. Then tell me if he can reach another C.

He can. It's only because he's a threat to America that any of this means anything.