I'm normally right-wing on just about every topic. But Stefan is absolutely right in regards to DeFOOing

I'm normally right-wing on just about every topic. But Stefan is absolutely right in regards to DeFOOing.

Just browse the internet for 5 minutes and find out what fucked up messes people are because of their parents raising them the wrong way.

The right-wingers view of a strict puritanical authoritarian parental system is infinitely more dangerous than the stereotypical left's lax parenting system.

You wouldn't hit a random person, you wouldn't snoop through their shit, you wouldn't call them names, you wouldn't threaten them, you wouldn't force them to do things they don't want to do.

Just ask yourself this. If you had friends do what your parents did to you growing up, would you still be friends with them?

I deFOOed from my parents a few months ago and plan on never talking to them again for the damage they have done to me. I couldn't be happier and I urge all of you to do the same.

>he parents according to reductive ideas of left and right

>I deFOOed from my parents a few months ago and plan on never talking to them again for the damage they have done to me.
Everyone knows you don't have a father, Tyrone. Sage

>If you had friends do what your parents did to you

Your friends would never give you birth though.

Nor would the grey matter volume in their brains grow upon your birth.

Don't compare parental instincts with loose weedsmoking associates.

Where does the name defoo come from?

Obviously child abuse happens on both sides. It's just that child abuse is much more common among right-wingers at least where I'm from.

Sure we can laugh at the fucked up cases where some left-wing family forces their kid to have a sex change but that is rare.

The thing is that studies show yelling at your kids does just as much mental damage as outright beating them with a switch.

Stefan Molyneux came up with it. FOO = family of origin.

deFOO= breaking contact with family of origin

This is a creative way to get people to hate Molymeme.

You shills are getting better.

oh I agree, I wasn't necessarily shitting on you. I just think one should separate political identity from core values and child rearing. like, spanking your child just because thats what "conservatives" do

Yeah wtf is defoo you faggot.

Also are you implying you should have been able to download whatever the fuck you wanted as kid.. unrestricted?

I think you have downs syndrome and your parents are better without you

i see why you think that, but thats not right wingers, thats boomers, they had families just because, and just like with a dog you dont really want, well, you take it out on it

parent got children impulsively and fucked us all up

thats why our generation is polarizing and breaking into violence, because thats how we where raised

more than violence, impatience, total lack of respect, total lack of acknowledgement as human beings, we where toys and they got bored of us

why do you think the left is how it is?, its all the same root problem

sad OP. i don't know what you've been through in your life but you won't find another pair of people in the entire world who really care about you like your parents, even if the relationship is very rocky.
either way bro, good luck to you.

Agreed, its not a left right issue. Boomers are the worst parents the world has ever seen. In order for the world to succeed we must turn our backs on them. This whole situation the world is in is because there are almost no good parents anymore.

You only defoo if your parents were bad. So if your parents are degenerates you leave them. If you had good parents you stay with them. That's what it means guy. Are you saying you should be loyal to your parents if they are degenerates who cheat on each other and betray their children? That's retarded.

oh also OP, defooing, psychiatrically, should be a last resort shouldnt it? if youre going on psychology as a field, defooing is not something they would recommend. molyneux treats it as a dogma. psychologists would recommend trying to repair relationships, reestablish them on more equal grounds, overcome resentments etc.
you're your own person but dont treat defooing as a medical cure

No. Parents should prevent their children from doing anything illegal or harmful to their health. That's absolutely it. Teach them whatever lessons and set of ethics you want, but don't be angry if they choose to follow a different path.

I was raised by fundamentalist christians. They were mennonites, grandparents on my mom's side were amish. I'd get beat, yelled at, called names, made to feel like a worthless piece of shit for any little thing I did that strayed from the church's teachings. My brother is a queer alcoholic stoner now with no future and on the verge of being homeless because of how fucked up they made him and I absolutely don't blame him.

honestly as much as boomers get hate, and as much as they deserve much of it, i don't think this is true. i think the millennials who are parents right now are objectively the worst parents.
say what you want about boomers, it would be completely unthinkable for them to shoot their prebuscent children up with sex hormones, or hormones that block puberty, because they think "gender is fluid" or whatever nonsense. and even if you say "well, that's only a small portion of the population that does that" well, maybe, but it's actually a very LARGE portion of millennials, maybe even a majority, that supports such behavior.
and that's just one of the many examples, mark my words, millennials will go down in history as the absolute worst parents ever on the face of this planet. thats IF our race, or even humanity as a whole, even manages to survive them and the damage they are causing.

nothing wrong with distancing yourself from negative people. the idea that you have some sort of unbreakable allegiance to certain people just because you share more DNA than average is moronic. if you have shit parents or siblings that cant be reconciled then by all means remove them from your life.

Like the idea. Stupid name? WTF pick something that doesn't some like taking a dump.

it's a downhill spiral until a generation has to raise their kids in a harsh non-prosperity environment where they learn responsibility at an early age.

*sound god damn phone

Stephan also is correct in saying that our parents are so fucked up because public school has completely fucked their worldview. They wouldn't be half as bad without compulsory schooling.

>psychologists would recommend trying to repair relationships, reestablish them on more equal grounds, overcome resentments etc.

Well I absolutely disagree with psychologists. Like I said in my original post. If you had a friend who treated you like absolute shit, belittled you, etc. would you want to "repair" this or cut that person out of your life?

I think deFOO should be a case by case bases. Maybe some people who experienced what I experienced don't have a problem with the way they were raised and are happy with their parents. Maybe someone who received much less abuse than me believes it's best for him to cut out the little toxicity from his life.

Children aren't beholden to their parents and family. It should always involve mutual respect.

>Teach them whatever lessons and set of ethics you want, but don't be angry if they choose to follow a different path.
They're well within their right to be angry if you choose to become a pot smoking faggot.
>My brother is a queer alcoholic stoner now with no future and on the verge of being homeless because of how fucked up they made him and I absolutely don't blame him.
Your brother should own his own actions and not blame other people for his failings, and you should too.

i really don't know your parents at all OP, but to me, knowing those sorts of people, they're probably very sick in the head is the thing. they probably literally believe that if you don't live your life a certain way that you will go to hell and burn forever, and they probably don't want that for you. also a lot of the worst parents are super strict on their kids because they deeply want them to succeed and thrive in the world, and they try to FORCE the outcome so much that it ends up having the total opposite effect.
either way, in both of these scenarios, there is still a deep "caring" underneath everything (though i am 100% not trying to excuse the behavior itself).

i can relate sort of. my dad was not religious but he was basically a proto millennial. he was really into his little secular religion (this was back in the 80s and 90s) and he had very high expectations for me. he would whack me, lock me in rooms, do fucked up shit. it was awful (fucking "liberal" parents). all of this would be for minor slights, because i did something small.
but my dad also genuinely didn't care much for me. and he disappeared on christmas eve when i was like 13. thankfully i had a pretty good mom who really did care about me.

parent stuff is tough OP. IMO if your parents are ill but still want you to be a part of their lives, maybe FULLY cutting off contact might not be the right thing. but then again, like i say, i don't know your situation. good luck to you bro, we all know this shit is complicated.

>geeze little Timmy grow the fuck up and be a man, who gives a goddamn you were raped by your dad 100s of times and got your dick chopped off by your mom, pull yourself up from your bootstraps kiddo!

t. boomer

yeah that and where natural selection isn't artificially mitigated through technology and oversocialization, and like 75% of them die off.

don't think that will happen though. i think we're more likely to see a scientifically engineered slave race that replaces us within the next 100 years.

Not an argument :^)

Rejecting the utmost important familial concepts based on a few bad events is ignorance.

I de-foo'd years ago because my parents were able bodied NEETs and I got tired of being extorted.

>joining a cult run by a Jew

True, it keeps getting worse. But they didn't do anything to stop it. But the boomer parents of these kids still don't try and stop them. I'm not saying its getting better, but they did nothing to stop it when it wasn't that bad.

Care to elaborate more? I find bonds between individuals who choose to associate with each other opposed to bonds between individuals who are forced to associate with each other solely because of "blood" to be more powerful.

no bro i hear you. i am def not trying to excuse boomers nor gen Xers. seems like everything is just going perpetually downhill. everyone waits with eyes on GenZ to see if they will produce something worthwhile, miraculously, but they're going to be majority nonwhite.

100 years from now we'll start running out of food and water. once that happens it'll be like a zombie apocalypse movie.

I think Molyneux is a bit hysterical complaining about parents who wack their children as if this is the source of all human cruelty and Sadism.

DEFOOing is an unnecessary and extreme approach to dealing with problematic family members. You just need to teach people with troublesome parents to become financially and emotionally independent. When you're seeing the therapist and self-diagnosing yourself with this and that on the internet, you can sometimes exaggerate your perception of the wrongs of your parents and it helps to keep things in perspective.

It looks like Molyneux had some bitter row with his family members and now he's a hammer who sees every problem as a nail.

It's not nice reading a not crazy comment on Sup Forums

Look at the animal kingdom user. How many animals abuse their offspring? Virtually none. Even male lions allow their cubs to bite / scratch them without retaliating.

What do you see in the animal kingdom? Animals providing their offspring food until they're old enough to feed themselves as well as steering them out of the way of physical danger. That's absolutely it.

Then we get to humans, where parents are led to believe that children are their slaves until they turn 18, and they better listen to every word you say or they're bad kids!

oh look another crazy post on Sup Forums

I was also raised by fundamentalist Christians. My dad's side of the family is Mennonite. But not once did I get beat, called names, or feel like worthless shit by them. Your parents sound like fucking garbage and are most definitely not considered Christians in my opinion. That's not how you treat people regardless of religion.

>Just ask yourself this. If you had friends do what your parents did to you growing up, would you still be friends with them?

Molyneux also says you shouldn't try to be friends with your kids.

Parents never went around hitting random people, just me when acting a fool.
I snoop through everyone's shit, I'm snoopy guy. Say what you will, knowledge is power.
You might call me a creep in hopes to socially ostracize me from snooping. Name calling while not an argument, serves a purpose.
I threaten and force employees all the time since I don't manage a dream job and they need to eat. What am I supposed to do, let them do nothing, pay them, and hope they see reason and morality enough to find work ethic?

>right wingers have more kids
>right wingers are more likely to abuse kids
I've heard this before.

You sound like a severely damaged person. I recommend defoo. It can lift a terrible burden that you may not have even known you had.

I've seen mother and daughter female cats trying to fight to the death because they're both in heat and they both want daddy's dick.
Don't even get me started on carnivorous insects

>The right-wingers view of a strict puritanical authoritarian parental system is infinitely more dangerous than the stereotypical left's lax parenting system.

I'm going to call bullshit on that one... And lets push both to the extremes. You are ONLY right in the short term, and the longer term you move on past the short term the worse it is.

Lets say there is a liberal couple. Bob, and Kathy. They have 1 daughter. Lets call her Sarah. Sarah's parents smoke weed with her. They let her drink in the house with friends, but no going out drinking and driving. They put their daughter on the pill, and let her fuck all the boys she wants. By the time she is out of the house she has drug, and alcohol dependency, and has had her share of rounds on the cock carousel. She mooches off her parents and steals from her mothers purse. She winds up as a single mother on welfare. She gives her kids a shitty life, and dies alone in old age.

Then we talk of a conservative couple. Tom, and Mary. They don't smoke weed with their daughter, they take her to church instead. She is bored there obviously, but some of it sticks. Her father catches her making out with a boy as a teenager, and she gets grounded. Then she is made to take a virginity until marriage pledge. She respects her parents wishes, as honoring thy parents is a part of her beliefs. She is very selective when she grows up about just what kind of guys to date. She only goes for the serious guys, and she finds a fella. They become engaged, get married, and she becomes a house wife. He is a good provider, and she is a good mother. When she grows old, and dies she is surrounded by loving grandchildren.

It's no contest really.

I'm actually doing fine. Everybody has flaws, you, your parents, your kids, everyone. See it in yourself to work through and eventually forgive the flaws, or don't. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, bar that you should always seek to improve yourself. If you ain't improvin, you ain't human, basicly dead.

*The flaws in other people, pardon. More specifically those you're not responsible for shaping, but even those you do will have flaws, and time and again those flaws will be against your wishes. Sometimes we just need to learn for ourselves no matter what fonts of wisdom flow into our proverbial river of life.

I'm a conservative guy but the number of leaps you took in your "hypothetical" scenarios is astounding. How about instead of conservative couple's daughter reductivist narrative, she resents her parents for denying her what everyone else around her gets, she fucks Tyrone to rebel against daddy and SHE winds up as the single mother on welfare, idiot. The state of your post.

Not really a fair comparison. You're choosing the worst case scenario for the left-wing parents vs the best case scenario for the right-wing parents.

I mean just look at all the kids who grew up in an extreme christian household who turn out to be drug addicts and alcoholics. Pastor's kids usually turn out the worst for example.

>The right-wingers view of a strict puritanical authoritarian parental system is infinitely more dangerous than the stereotypical left's lax parenting system.

Don't you say

stefan is a fuckin faggot that didn't get beat enough.

>"it would be completely unthinkable for them to shoot their prebuscent children up with sex hormones, or hormones that block puberty"
Boomers are the ones who adopted the practise of medicating "ADHD" children with pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine. They are the ones who agreed to chop your foreskin off... Boomers would have given you sex hormones if their doctors told them to do it. They are just dumb like that.

yes i agree that boomers made a lot of mistakes and they weren't "a good generation" by any sort of measure IMO. but millennials generally do all of that + more + millennials are actively working to turn their offspring into demographic minorities with no political power in the country that should have been theirs, which is ultimately only going to end in their own racial oppression.

He's right though. Puritanical authoritarianism is a recipe to create sociopaths and serial killers. I've been studying serial killer origin stories for a while now and it's pretty shocking how many of them got started because of overly strict parenting, often revolving around sexuality and puberty. A judgmental parent catching a kid masturbating and punishing them harshly has life long consequences and sometimes creates society's most violent killers. For examples see Jerry Brudos who was humiliated by his mother when she caught him masturbating over a woman's shoe. He went on to rape and murder several women.

a lot of animal parents are shithouse, by their own species standards. others are instinctively shitty but what can ya do

TF is deFOO? Sounds like nigger talk.

>Boomers are the ones who adopted the practise of medicating "ADHD" children with pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine

To be fair. People viewed drugs as miracles and they didn't have the evidence that showed that these ADHD medicines were bad. Because that type of evidence came out after so many people made the decision to put their kids on drugs. Hindsight 20/20

I'm still on those meds but they don't do shit anymore.

>push both to the extremes
>the conservative parents "don't smoke weed with their daughter", take her to church, ground her
wow, pretty extreme. i guess there really is no contest! conservatives 1 liberals 0

>Jerry Brudos who was humiliated by his mother when she caught him masturbating over a woman's shoe. He went on to rape and murder several women.
>implying

It's literally from his interviews after he was caught. Because of his mother's violent angry reaction to the masturbation incident he became obsessed with women's clothing, became a crossdresser and took out his frustration with women by murdering them.

You can see the same thing with Ed Gein. Religious mother told him sex and women were evil. He grew up to become a serial killer and made a suit out of human skin. See also Ted Bundy whose grandparents were extremely religious and taught him that sex was evil, see John Wayne Gacy who grew up religious and learned that his homosexuality was evil so the only way he could acceptably have the gay sex he craved was by killing the boys so no one would know.

Religion and conservative ideology creates serial killers consistently and predictably.

Best shills Soros' 18 gorillion can buy.

>psychotic faggots blaming their parents and their religious beliefs for their choice to murder and rape
>not blaming their own mental illness
>implying they had no choice but to murder and rape
I'm not saying there aren't fake religious nutjobs out there who raise their children like shit. But from my experience that's not the case at all. I've been living around Christians all my life. Your shilling ain't gonna work here faggot.

>not blaming their own mental illness
you know mental illness can be caused by a person's upbringing right? The "chemical imbalance" thing is just a meme

Dude is just trying to build a cult, but hes too paranoid to make it work

>chemical imbalance

at a biological level. we are chemicals in the brain and our environment (upbringing) effects said chemicals. So mental illness is the software and chemical imbalance is the hardware, to use PC terms.

this post sounds so jewish
>fuck you op

>they had families just because
>just like with a dog you dont really want, well, you take it out on it
>tfw this is you
this post makes me sad, but its true for me. imagine how miserable of a life a dog will have if the owners dont pay attention to it or care for it. i mean at least i have vidya to distract me from the pain. i was neglected and thus failed to develop properly as a human being and now i have no future and my life is fucked. have a (You)

Here user, have one of these to cheer you up.

actually on 2nd thought i probably would have come out a normie if i didnt play vidya all day as a child

>i probably would have come out a normie if i didnt play vidya all day as a child

playing video games was the worst mistake I ever made in my life. lost so much socializing as a result.

Hitting is bad. We get it. Now grow the fuck up and have some kids. When your kid chokes ok the nearest thing they can reach, such as a leaf, bit of moss, coin, etc. and does this repeatedly and within 30 seconds of you not actively managing them or keeping them in a strict child proof zone, your retarded ideals of "let them do what they want, don't control them" well evaporate and you'll realize what a dumb fuck you've been all along. Until then there's no point in debating with faggots of your variety.

My parents never let me out of the house, while constantly talking about how much fun it was hanging out with their friends back in school, and then making fun of me for never getting out and hanging out with my friends. Boomers are lead poisoned sadists. I can't wait to throw their retarded asses in some Martin Luther King named, shitskin infested nursing home.

This has nothing to do with left/right paradigm. Niggers objectively commit child-abuse more than other demographics and they are near-universally leftists.
If you hate your parents so much, stop letting them dictate your evaluation of politics. Just because your parents belong to the brainlet caste of the American right-wing does not mean you should allow yourself to make sweeping generalizations or hasty assumptions about inherent traits of conservatism.
Redstate kneejerk detractors of conservatism are more cringeworthy to me than true-believer bluestate leftists