Propaganda I like
>Tanks btfoing filthy primitives
>Jets btfoing filthy primitives
>Helicopters btfoing filthy primitives
>Artillery btfoing filthy primitives

Propaganda I dislike
>5 ft twinkess slaughtering dozens of warriors with a bayonet
>look how humanitarian we are :D
>We just slaughtered hundred of thousands of this countries soldiers what do you mean the native population probably isn't going to be happy about the loss of so many loved ones?
>literally every single country except for japan is evil and shit
>journalists should criticise the army

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>journalists shouldn't criticise the army
Muh bad. The propaganda is too effective.

I like the manga designs better.

Too bad the manga art is absolutely garbage and full of shitty anatomy.

I have 3 episodes left to watch in the second season, and soldiering my way through this shit has been a fucking slog. Japs sucking their own dicks is rather tedious. Just hoping some military equipment blows shit up soon tbqhwy.

Who would win in a fight between 10 special forces soilders against a single fully armed and equipped JSDF midget

Why couldn't this be like Stargate? A small team, dropped in an alien world, with inhabitants that might or might not be hostile, limited resources, high danger.

>JSDF being effective at anything

I'm sorry, but I can only suspend my disbelief so much.

Is Sup Forums full of old Chinese men? Who the fuck cares if there's propaganda in anime?

Read the fucking OP knob-jockey, it's the type of propaganda.

The only thing keeping them alive is their boomsticks. They'd be dead the moment they run out of bullets.

So you're amazed by the brutality of the one-sided slaughter and the military hardware gives you a motoboner, yet don't like the morality behind it or attempts to glorify it. You sound like Hollywood alright.

user pls

in the anime version even the nonhumans looked like kawaii waifus

the manga art was better at conveying what a shithole the empire is for the common people

Have you ever read the Salvation War? It's basically a portal to Hell opening on Earth and loads of demons spilling out, only for the demons to get completely blown the fuck out by modern weaponry.

Followed by a human invasion of Hell itself.

The sequel where humans invade Heaven is absolute garbage though.

Fucking this.

What's wrong with that?

I don't know, the hobbit lady seems to be able to take on legion as long as she has her trusty bayonet.

>Have you ever read the Salvation War? It's basically a portal to Hell opening on Earth and loads of demons spilling out, only for the demons to get completely blown the fuck out by modern weaponry.
This was the best part about gate, think I'll give it a wee read.

Can anything stop this madwoman?

So I dropped this piece of garbage after the 3rd episode, which of the 3 fantasy girls is winning the "respect the neet loser MC"- bowl?

Salvation War was great. Always go back and read it now and then.

This is another reason I hated the anime. None of that shit with the girls was in the story or manga. Itami meets them all naturally, then they just bond over time.

As for who is winning. They're all winning really.

All of them are, Gate is basically a harem anime. Also a fourth brown girl joins in

Only Rance with his hyperweapon could stop her rampage.

It's pretty good overall, but the author sometimes goes full fedora and some parts read like a cringy fanfic.

Every country in the world does this. That's what propaganda is. America makes children pledge their allegiance in front of a flag, Japan makes cartoons. It's all about perspective.

Dark Elves with Navy skins and red eyes are the best dark elves tbqh.

God fucking damnit, I'm so glad I stopped watching this. I knew it'd have haremy aspects but I at least figured there'd be some form of competition. Would've been better off just following the squadron of helis wrecking shit and listening to classical music.

>Would've been better off just following the squadron of helis wrecking shit and listening to classical music.
This is what I wanted desu. First two episodes were great and the battle of italica was top notch. The rest of it is just a fecken grind.

This.

No ones gives a shit when 'merica or anywhere else does it. Hell, self hating works actually piss me off more than that.

Yao needs more limelight later. Hell, all the girls do really.

It's not a harem in the traditional sense of being a harem. I'd almost say it's more realistic. The girls aren't really fighting for his affection, but they do recognize that most of them have feelings for Itami.

I'd say give the manga a read. Then go back and watch the anime and get real angry.

This anime is the perfect example how the world (besides 'MURICA) see movies like Independence Day or Armageddon. So my fellow burger lovers, how is the taste of your own medicine?

Nobody really has a problem with it. Most of the time it's the Aussies trying to start shit again. It's kind of tradition at this point.

>go back and watch the anime and get real angry
My affinity for punishment has an upper bound. I don't think I could take that kind of dissappointment and disgust. I already felt that enough by having known nothing about the series and watching the show.

Independence Day didn't have a harem. Also, if you had actually watched it, the world united together to bring down the city-sized ships by sharing information on their weakspot. Nice try though.

>m-m-muh mu-m-murica
fuck off you raging autists. AT least Americans cram their propaganda with explosions and military equipment. Japan suckered me in with that then replaced it with humanitarians self dick sucking.

No, you move.

>Propaganda I like
>Tanks btfoing filthy primitives
>Jets btfoing filthy primitives
>Helicopters btfoing filthy primitives
>Artillery btfoing filthy primitives

I love this too. Too bad the second season mostly consisted of some bullshit road trip, rather than the good shit that made the show fun.

>What's wrong with that?
I want you to think of the new axis of evil.

Canada and Norway.

What evil are they going to do today?

Difference is, with 'MURICA it's believable. Despite being a complete custerfuck of a country, it still has the strongest military force in the world. The JSDF is a joke compared to it. If that 5 ft midget tried to take on a American unit with a fucking bayonet she'd get gangbanged, literally and figuratively,

For real though, just read the manga.

>Dark Elves with Navy skins and red eyes are the best dark elves tbqh.

I like literally all the propaganda in that show, im so bombarded by leftist propaganda in my daily life that something nationalist and pro army like that jist feels so good.

Also, its not "journalists should act like retard" the message is "the midia is retarded and journalists act like shit".

>amerifats are still triggered by Gate

>anyone who has complaints about gate must be american
autists need gassed desu

Dude, how can you deny yourself that USA isnĀ“t the most nauseous patriotic in the existence? Try to google "patriotic" and you will see. You guys complaining about "nipon is sucking its own dick" is like China complaining about how North Korea have no freedom of speech.

>Canada and Norway.
What?

I'm not American cunt. Learn to fucking read.

Canada just started allowing ISIS mounties.

I personally don't see anything wrong with any country being patriotic. While the US does overdo it, at least it can back it up unlike Japan.

Well Japan was and still is America's bitch.

Their whole self image has completely changed since WW2.

>I personally don't see anything wrong with any country being patriotic.
Gee I guess nazis and fascists are cool then

>being patriotic
>you must be a nazi or a fascist :DD

libcucks can't help it m8. knee jerking is all they do

>I'm not American cunt.
What kind of cunt are you, then?

Being patriotic doesn't make you a nazi, you fucking braindead mongoloid.

Best kind.

This. Id take the novel one more but the manga got gritty and realistic on portraying the characters. They fucked up when they shown what Persia looks like.

quiet, you'll summon that one user who kept flipping his shit in every thread and screaming about how she should've been beaten up and raped

Is Gate popular in some normalfag groups or something? All anime is nationalistic as fuck and this shit is no worse than light novel #1654 where Japan won world war two and changed the course of history.

I would let her rape me.

>she should've been beaten up and raped

That exactly what should have happened. No nip female with a bayonet is going to beat multiple trained warriors in close combat. I enjoy this series, but the "nippon stronk" shit can get to be a little much at times.

well, Japan was a straight up Evil Empire within living memory, that's kinda what led to the creation of the JSDF in the first place

>let her rape me
I wouldn't do that she would use her baynet.

Which is of course the most advanced and powerful melee weapon in existence.

Oh good you're here

I'd be willing to get stabbed a couple of times if it meant I'd get to dip my dick in her.

>liking the one-sided battles
>disliking the ONE show that doesn't fall for the fake "sword is better than bayonet" meme that has been disproved snce fucking WW1
You need to be 18 or older to post here, kiddo
>inb4 "B-but I'm not a kid! YOU are a kid! I swear" canned answer

If you could sound like a bigger faggot I'd be impressed.

>Too bad the manga art is absolutely garbage
It isn't even that bad. Just compare it to Re:Zero and it'll look amazing.

The swordsmen have been training purely melee combat all the time instead of occasional bayonet drills every now and then, and a bigger guy has always an advantage with melee weapons.

Well Japan is still probably pissed that the US nuked them twice. They have to get it out of their system somehow, so they chose fictional stories targeted to otaku as a medium. It's not like they are actually going to say anything against their masters.

>some random Japanese army group annihilating American green berets/SEAL
You wish you filthy yellow monkeys!

Where the fuck did you get an image with so horrible compression artifacts?

>turning best girl into a cute little girl
This was the worst part of the anime character designs.

But I don't want to stick my dick in that monster.

How about now?

Btfo-ing primitives is one thing, I just can't get over how all these obvious gaijin women can't get enough brave, heroic, jap cock

The whole show just feels like an insecure 15 year old's fanfiction

In defense, I'll just mention that character in the manga is quite buff and tall. She pretty much is stronger than all her male counterparts. The character was kawaiified for the anime adaptation.

Disgusting typesetting.

I couldn't even read the manga thanks to that typesetting. Gave up two chapters in.

>She pretty much is stronger than all her male counterparts
That's just a different type of dumb.

She was still a womanlet, but pretty /fit/.

She's a CQC nut and probably drills with her bayonet constantly.

I like how people can enjoy soldiers fighting a dragon but sperg out over a woman beating up a few men.

>so they chose fictional stories
So you are ok with all the propaganda in US media since forever but this one anime goes too far.
How is being braindead going for you?

>That's just a different type of dumb.

Have you seen the squad? Most of the guys are not very strong looking, save maybe the really tall guy that's romancing the knight lady.

>professional soldiers
>not /fit/

Nanking
Discuss

>implying that women can't be strong

Don't be that guy user.

Nothing worse than terrible typesetting.

>So you are ok with all the propaganda in US media

Where did I say that? I actively avoid any type of media with hamfisted nationalistic messages. That's the reason why I dropped Gate in the first place. Did the US overthrow your government or something? Your getting awfully butthurt about this.

Professional soldiers are usually the scum of the earth. They have all sorts of bad habits and often have less than stellar physiques.

What are you talking about?

ft twinkess slaughtering dozens of warriors with a bayonet
This. Defeating a professional soldier in the era of melee weapons is fucking delusional. They train every day of their lives for decades.

They would have years of experience fighting against conscripts with pole-arms alone.

you act like its more than one persons point of view in the manga

Women can be plenty strong. But males will always have a physical advantage over females.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre

Firing guns out of jeeps at something and physical hand to hand combat are two different things. It doesnt matter what size you are to operate a mounted gun, but when a little 5 foot nothing asian woman beats big european guys by brute force its a little unbelievable. If she was using her speed and agility to her advantage through skill at martial arts or something more than just strength, that would be believable.

>german diplomats recount horrifying, constant rapes and killings of civilians
>Japs tell them to stop stirring up trouble
>germans sarcastically ask if the Japs just want them to pretend everything is fine and not tell anyone anything about what's going on in Nanking
>Japs beam and say yes that's perfect

When you horrify Nazis you know you're doing bad

>twinkess
I love how just adding -ess to the end of a word makes it sound like an actual term.

Nothing happened. Japan was on vacation.

Anime is 100% the dominion of waifu and husbando shitters now and gaming is headed in that direction too and probably there already at this point with the way the mobage industry works (see picture on the left). Music already transitioned into being about whatever 48 or Johnny's group has the girls and boys that the fanboys and fangirls most lust after long ago. Anime music sales are thoroughly dominated by an amalgamation of Love Live, iDOLM@STER, Aikatsu, iDOLISH7, Granblue Fantasy and whatever other idol type group Lantis and Aniplex are shitting out discs for in a given fiscal quarter (I've noticed they seem to come in groups of threes and sometimes with event tickets or game codes that virtually guarantee gold certification). Manga/Graphic novels are at least somewhat respectable still as a medium where you can tell more than a couple types of stories with a couple types of appeals and still be read and purchased by all ages and demographics depending on the kind of story but give it time and I'm sure it'll follow suit.

Anyway to answer your question if it isn't already obvious it was to make it more marketable as an anime since people are asked to pay out the ass for this stuff by the Aniplex and Bandai Visuals of the industry and there's only that one path to success with that formula. It's also why they cast exclusively idol seiyuu in these kinds of things now. A manga volume costs what like 1,000 yen maybe. Try multiplying that by like a factor of 7 for an anime disc that contains the equivalent of content of maybe a third of a manga volume at best.