Are either Subaru or Shinji "Good" people?

Are either Subaru or Shinji "Good" people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqLwgPZC8Es
twitter.com/AnonBabble

stop comparing them, stop comparing these two anime

just stop

Subaru broke his promise because LOL I KNOW BETTER WHAT TO DO, BITCH. Shinji always tried to do his best.

Subarun's face makes me wanna kick it hard so bad.

Shinji is a cunt and a massive pussy.

Both are incompetent.

Good examples of competent ones are the Oniisama and egg-kun.
They do their jobs most of time.

I agree. Subaru is too good for this.

They try, but fail at it.

They're both motivated by the approval of others. Neither is altruistic, but then again, true altruism doesn't really exist.

>true altruism doesn't really exist.

This is dumb
Being selfish by way of enjoying the feeling of doing good does not make you not altruistic

Blanket statements about the truth of things (or lack thereof) are easy sans evidence. Your word means nothing.

The standard main character in Anime.

no it all goes back to their ego

I'd say they represent 99% of people

Spoted the underage.

Being a 'good' person didn't matter in Eva. It made you a useful tool at best.

Subaru is more insufferable though since he's never not obnoxious.

Subaru is obnoxious because he hates himself. He's ironically kind of like Shinji in that he's a bitch and a weakling, but doesn't want people to see him as such, so he's puts on a facade.

Yeah he said all that.

Define "good" people.

That's only annoying though if you're projecting your own desires.

The main difference between Subaru and Shinji is Subaru doesn't want people to see him as a loser, and Shinji doesn't care. It's only annoying if you agree with Shinji's nihilism. Neither wants to be weak, but Subaru's is far more concerned with being seen as such than Shinji, and it acts as point of motivation for Subaru to get better.

A Naruto

Naruto Uzumaki, dattebayo.

No, it's annoying because it's annoying. You're just apologizing for it.

Describe exactly what's annoying about it.

I understand completely why Shinji and Subaru act the way they do, but personally, I find Shinji's mindset to be far more annoying because he's the equivalent of an unapologetic /r9k/ poster who knows that because he's a failure, he shouldn't even try to get better.

Subaru at least cares about his reputation despite all his shortcomings.

Shinji had legitimate psychological issues, stemming from the death of his mother, being abandoned by his father and the world ending

What's Subaru's excuse?

>good
>evil
Nice spooks kido

Death over and over.
I think you'd get some serious issues from that.

He's a NEET

Shinji is a fucking hero akin to greek legends compared to Mazda.

Who the fuck gave you the right to compare a meme show like Re:zero to the cult classic Evangelion ?

>evangelion
>good
kys

Subaru's father is pretty accomplished, and so he feels like achieving anything less than what his father could do makes him a failure.

And besides that, Subaru grew up in an era where the NEET phenomenon is common even if you have perfectly normal parents and no psychological excuse.

Subaru is far more realistic given the era.

You already posted what's annoying about it. I think you're being obtuse for the sake of trying to appear empathetic, but understanding something doesn't make it okay. Subaru is still a little shit and the fact he fakes makes it worse. Then you validate this behavior and say it's okay because "at least he tries!" even when he fucks up due to his stupidity and ego.

I never said Shinji wasn't annoying, only Subaru is generally annoying. Shinji does try to get better, but it ain't easy in the shitfest that is Eva. He can save the day every time and still be a wreck in the end. Subaru is just a lout, a hero wannabe, worse than a typical /r9k/ sadsack. Remove his dick from between your ears and see things clearly.

Subaru is Shinji but without the subtlety and depth that makes Shinji a good character

And when I say depth I don't mean some deep hidden meaning behind Shinji's character, but the subtle emotions and mannerism he displays. His passive-aggressiveness, his detachment, sexuality etc.

>meme show
>uses meme-dancer.jpg
>"classic" Evangelion

>dead mom
>father is insane, uses him as tooland hates him
>abusive uncle and aunt
>nothing good ever happens to him
>suddenly has to be savior of mankind, whoch rejected him
>his support is daddy issues girl, batshit german girl and a literal doll girl
>the only guy who loved him for what he was, was an alien posing as a boy
Shinji had 100% justification for his state.

Subaru is just a NEET form rich house.

I'm not saying that it's inherently admirable that Subaru fakes it, I'm saying that's just a more constructive trait to have than honest nihilism.

A part of Subaru knows he can't back up all his big talk, but he does it anyway. It's a good evolutionary trait. Shinji and Subaru both know what they are to some extent, but Shinji is unabashedly honest about that, while Subaru is still embarrassed by it.

While they both WANT to get better, Shinji's lack of pride will likely keep him in the same situation, while Subaru's Pride will at least force external pressure to cause him to improve.

Shinji always wanted to do the right thing, but then realises he's a pussy highschool kid.

Toyota is just desperate for attention and wants everyone to think he's the best.

Shinji was a good person who was surrouned by assholes who made him miserable.

Only Kaworu cared for him.

Evangelion was great for showing how garbage humans can be.

Misato instead of hugging him and just letting him try to at least get over some issues, fucking tried to fuck his problems away which Shinji understably rejected.

Subaru has a ton of subtly to his character. Like when he faked the coma, feigned how overworked he was in front of Emilia, and quit wishing to work at the mansion after his second death.

All were aspects of his flaws even though the show doesn't spell it out for you.

In that sense, Subaru is more realistic than Shinji.

The vast majority of NEETs come from pretty normal households. Subaru's character traits are more subtle than Shinji's which is why plebs are so confused his character and dismiss him as a bad character simply because the show doesn't throw tragic upbringing in the audiences' face.

Literally the opposite

>massive pussy
youtube.com/watch?v=PqLwgPZC8Es

Jeez its not like they're fucking serial killers or rapist. Probably no better or worse than the average fucker on this planet.

>tfw you realize that you are subaru

I was a NEET for over two years til I hopped into the workforce and im so fake and try to act normal when i'm just a big loser

relative to his own world and cast, I'd say Shinji is a decent person. Hell, might even be the best person.

>Both are incompetent.
What? Shinji while hating every minute of it stopped each angel he faced, he bitched and moaned but in the end he still did what had to be done, he didn't sit on his ass and wait for the universe to rearrange itself in order to be saved like the Rezero faggot

They're both insufferable, I'll give them that.

Only because Shinji was born talented. Subaru has nothing except the power to return from death, and he can't even control his own checkpoints.

>Subaru has nothing except the power to return from death, and he can't even control his own checkpoints.
Except he is the worlds strongest neet, able to use weapons that a fucking giant needed two hand while he just used on it because he is the worlds strongest neet, Subaru is a super human gary stu that does not act in the way a neet would act, all you faggots can do is scream "BUT HE IS A NEET, FEEL BAD FOR HIM" while he does nothing to act like that, he also flip flops about his ability to respawn, either being cool with and jumping from a fucking cliff or crying and shitting himself over something less brutal.

But please, go and defend a Kirito with a different coat of paint

trips of truth

All that shit literally became irrelevant after the first arc. The whole "I work out thing" was just to bait self-inserters in to watching the show, but was only ever useful for beating random thugs in an alleyway.

Subaru at this point in the show has no actual talents that give him any kind of edge besides return from death.

And his whole learning to sue a sword pretty fucking fast? Or him getting stronger each time they kill archbishops for no fucking reason, he is your usual self-insert, the author only maske his gary stu bullshit

that ability is nigh useless, he gets "stronger" no not really

>true altruism doesnt exist

There should be a global rule that you need at least a three digit IQ to post on this site.

Then you wouldn't be able to post faget

>An action made someone content.
ALTRUISM IS DEAD.

Oh look everyone's favorite hypocrite.