We Need to Protect Internet Cables

Did you know that the internet, tv, and telephone service are literally just a system of underwater cables between continents? How do we protect them against terrorists, hostile countries, natural disasters, and sharks?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_communications_cable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only people who would fuck with those are Jews.

We must eradicate the Jew.

We should get down and cut them, maybe then you lazy faggots would leave the house and find white women to date and fix the low white birth rate instead of sitting on your asses jacking off to hentai

those pesky sharks trying to steal our interwebs!

destroying the internet is the ultimate black pill

>tard on the internet leans about IPX owners and infrastructure
>"Guise a tard like me learned something, guise we gotta go to the bottom of the fucking ocean and protect every inch cause uh, yeah."

Bitch please this isn't even a legit concern. Keep your tard hands away from it though, then it might actually break.

Jews own them....why would they fuck with them?

Protect them from who?
And how do you propose we should? Just lay mines?

There's a section on the install gentoo wiki (Sup Forums sticky) about how the NSA has done this already

Get a load of this faggot.

You think they're gonna fail to protect their investment, huh?

No, I thought they were satellites now?

I'm pretty sure they are.

It's a series of tubes!

>The entire worlds communication/infrastructure is reliant on 350 inch-thick cables miles below the oceans surface out of sight and vulnerable to immense pressure
>nothing

Aquaman, I assume.

I actually sort of hope internet would go down or even slowed down drastically. Social media ruins the youth.

>satellites just generate internet

>Amerishart education

>we haven't even reached the farthest depths of the ocean
>somehow expect me to believe there are literal cables at he bottom of the ocean connecting all the continents together

Fucking idiots

you're just putting a cable there not opening a McDonald's

They literally are fag en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_communications_cable

t. brainlet

Keep laughing.

How do we protect them Sup Forums?

>a fucking round-earther starts meme'ing

this argument was already won, fag. show a curved horizon or gtfo

(WE) need to destroy it
Fuck 4fam
Fuck all of you, fags

Vulnerable to immense pressure? Are you retarded?

There are satellites, but they just don't have the speed of a cable. Think wifi vs ethernet.

Kek

>How do we prevent undersea internet cables from terrorist attacks?

Same way we protect our satellites and the International Space Station; Sandmonkeys would need to actually get to them first.

Have you ever been to the bottom of the ocean faggot? Oh what, you can’t, cause you’re internal organs will explode out from your eye sockets. Path of least resistance faggot, just like how your boyfriend has to shove it in your ass instead of your mouth

WEAPONIZED JEWISH SHARKS! THEY'RE AFTER THE INTERNET, THEY'RE GONNA SHUT IT DOWN!

They do make landfall at some point.

I hope all of you are keeping offline digital archives for when the net goes down. Physical hard copies to just to be sure. Being to reliant upon the internet for data storage/transfer is itself a ticking time bomb.

Nigger it's a cable not a living organism

>believing in underwater cables
It's all run through a series of psychics

The landfall location is often a guarded secret.

You clearly didn't read your source since it is the optimal intercontinental data transfer. Satellites work, but give "poorer signals"

Source: Your own dumbass

>pressure only effects living things

LOL. Nope. Haven't changed since we built the phone lines about a century ago.

Not in the way you think pressure affects things
Idiot

Jesus fucking Christ. How thick is this kid?

This desu senpai

The Internet is cancer

>a fucking cable coming out of the ocean
>secret location

I'm THICC

Ohio Class submarine patrols

A cable doesn't have a low (relative) pressure internal space like your lungs or a submarine does. It's a completely solid object that can take massive pressures no problem.

Shouldn't you be off soiling yourself in a supermarket m8?

>English education

>thinking engineers don't factor in basic physics, like pressure, when designing projects

Where is it then, clever cunt? Show us it on Google maps or whatever.

It's buried. Do you think it's just a cable laying on top of the beach?

Wow I have been btfo. Sorry mates pardon my ignorance I had no idea

Little does OP know that it is in fact based aryan Aquaman whom defends our internet cables from the eternal Carcharodon menace.

Apologize

They were laid in the 19/20th centuries

Ever used satellite tv? Your internet would be cut out every 5 minutes.

By engineers who knew very well about things such as pressure. Evidenced by the fact that they did and continue to fucking work, idiot.

Bury them under a few km of water?

>What is geostationary orbit?

>they work
Case closed, no need to be concerned

But he is right you fucking burger

It's too late already.

this is how stupid these subhumans are. driving over fast-moving water, not being able to see the "road", on a fucking bicycle. being the fucking testing person to do this.

a civilization advanced enough to record an act this stupid on video. this is why whites are superior.

>thinking people didn't know about pressure in the 19th century

wow thats actually pretty good graphic . from what movie?

Jaws 3

They used beads to count. They didn’t have calculators. I don’t trust it.

You're a fucking idiot. That's all I can say at this point.

hahhaha nice one faggot , ive seen jaws3 with dennis quaid

Cthulhu reads everything posted here.

Why would fiber optic cables be affected, you massive idiot

Believing (((scientists))). All I can say at this point. Go back to the kids table. 9/11 would’ve happened on your watch but not mine. Think outside the closet for once, faggot

Destroy them all. The internet is making us weak, mindless, cucks.

Just take a look at some of the posts out here.

Absolutely degenerate.

Okay, I'll try not to base my justifications on the laws of physics anymore. Sorry.

When you have GCHQ locked onto those cables like a fucking leech sucking blood and handing shit to the NSA then you should be more worried about your own government than hostile countries.

The GCHQ mass tapping operation has been built up over five years by attaching intercept probes to transatlantic fibre-optic cables where they land on British shores carrying data to western Europe from telephone exchanges and internet servers in north America.

This was done under secret agreements with commercial companies, described in one document as "intercept partners".

/thread

Is this true? All this time I thought it was done by a satalite or something. That's really primitive and dumb.

Fuuuuuuuuck you americans are duuuuuuumb.

>Dur a cable is better than a wireless signal

Then why use satelites at all? You're not as smart as you think you are.

Really? I thought we just sent smoke signals across the oceans.

yes because the depth doesn't change at all it's just one depth, i hope youre pretending to be retarded

Serious question, if the transatlantic cable is cut. Whom gets Sup Forums?

The same reason you disperse weight, spread it out nigga. Plus we can’t completely depend on underwater cables cause of terrorists/disasters/sharks (see post) and we can target specific locations with satellites like my house or your moms bedroom

Try swimming into the middle of the ocean and tell me if the depth is 10 feet or 10 million. I'll wait.

(((Guess)))

Holy shit the american flags in this thread are embarrassing. Clean the shart out of your brains, dummies.

ayyy yo fuck the sharks tho.

assholes

im sure they disintegrate over time just like copper pipes or any other infrastructure and have regular maintenance

>1 post by this ID
>dumb Brit who assumes he's a genius

Checks out.

Your the type of special idiot who still thinks the world isn't flat.
kys

what are you even trying to say? It's topography the exact same as it is on the land it doesn't matter where you are in retrospect to position of the ocean otherwise the middle of each landed surface should be the highest point of land when it's clearly not and i'm sure they build on the bits with the closet depth to the surface or atleast theyre not going to put it into something like the mariana trench.

> i didnt already know that
*sigh*

Jaws 4

Using whom instead of who. It is inly bad because you are trying to sound smart.

its the correct usage so he is smart not trying to sound smart
change your pants burger pol cant handle much more NA education

A quick image seach revealed the flash/king shark, or injustice 2 king shark. So apparently its King Shark. I thought they were doing a Street Sharks reboot for a second there and got mildy excited for a very short moment. Then I remembered street sharks wasn't very good.

Why would you think i try to sound smart? My post was a pretty standard post, with a grammar error - perhaps also a punctuation error.
There is nothing in the language, or how the question was phrased, which made it seem "pretentious" or something like that. It was, and is, a standard post on Sup Forums.