youtube.com/watch?v=LXXLGh6GmRA
youtube.com/watch?v=nL80sGzt92E
youtube.com/watch?v=Rhrjx3rQcXI
youtube.com/watch?v=sfKGa6nduVU
youtube.com/watch?v=qXBe9-mPoAo
youtu.be/Ws6_Bw45Xn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every time I see this I go to H&C before inuyasha

I actually went to Zankyou no Terror for some reason this time.
VETTUR

Fuck, this ED is so nostalgic for me. I don't even have nostalgia for Inu Yasha in general, but this ED gets me.

Between this, Witch Hunter Robin, .hack//sign and Seed, it takes me back to what got me back into anime. Man, I used to love coming home to watch Bionix on YTV.

Yes user, I do remember that feeling
That magical, tingling feeling that made anime feel so real and special and significant
What is it about the Inuyasha ED that draws out that feeling? What was it about that ED that made it so magical?

I know that feel. It reminds me of junior high days and the 3DPD I used to have a crush on who liked Inuyasha.

Fuck... Why is this so magical?

In hindsight Inyuasha wasn't all that great because of the filler but I think the magic of that image and those endings in particular just showed us during our younger days that endless adventure, even if it was filler, wasn't a bad thing.

The nighttime lights remind me of the nights I stayed up watching this, it's a very good feeling. The songs were passionate as all hell too and just relaxed you.

It's that 90s Japan feel that the first ED captured real well.

This always reminds me of old Adult Swim and how fun it was to stay up late or record the stuff on VHS.

>inb4 co

When you had dial up, AS was the shit.

I know we all love to hate on Toonami/AS, but let's be honest, how many of us would have loved anime if not for those 2 programs?

I love this ED, but I hate inuyasha, Is this normal?

It's pretty normal to dislike a particular series but enjoy their music.

>yu yu hakusho
>big O
>Tirgun
>cowboy bebop
>FLCL
>lupin
>Case Close
>Ghost in a Shell

Old Adult Swim doesn't really compare the the modern Toonami

This is why people shouldn't shit on "entry level" stuff. We all needed to start somewhere.

I forgot to post the links:
youtube.com/watch?v=VAg3qLkLPLU
youtube.com/watch?v=MxUbgEHP2Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=KjD4_vlPMao

While not every show on Toonami/AS was a 10 out of 10 or a masterpiece, they all had something in common. They told a story and had a message. I think it was this aspect and the very creative characters and world that drew me to anime. Keep in mind that this is during the time when tv shows were just shitty sitcoms or formulaic procedurals, with very few ambitious shows like X-Files, Space Above and Beyond or Twin Peaks. Anime gave me what I wanted in television: an actual story

You're right, and as I've gotten older, I've stopped doing that. The nostalgia for when I was younger and first introduced to anime helps give me an understanding when some young kid is talking about SAO. Do I think SAO is shit? Yea I do, but honestly it's not as bad as some of the older anime I watched.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnzcJypc2GU

For me its Animax. Toonami marketed their anime as "cool cartoons" rather than anime where I come from but Animax didn't hide shit.

Yuyu Hakusho's 1st and 2nd endings will always stay with me. I've always preferred the Jap version a bit more tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=W1WZAa_gy8o
youtube.com/watch?v=ss7kdZBZUCU

I don't see the connection. Yes, we all had bad taste at some point, but that doesn't really change anything. Imagine if an user didn't know how to do multiplication. Yeah, we were all uneducated at some point, but I'm still going to call them a fucking retard, and I'm still going to call the SAOfag's taste awful.

>go back to see some old anime I thought was cool when growing up
>watch it now
>realize I was a moron

Personally don't give a shit if people watch entry anime but that won't stop me from calling it shit, I just won't shit on people for liking it.

>juniour high days
>3DPD crush who also liked it
Fuck man, are you me?

But why would you call a 6yo a retard for not knowing multiplication. Most people that start with the entry level shit are young, or are young to anime. So why chastise them like they're someone who's seeing over 1k anime?

Old toonami is where the Magic happened though

Tenchi
Gundam (s)
Outlaw star
Sailor moon
All the movies
And I forget the rest

Every night before i went to sleep it was on Adult Swim

Wait, are we talking about on Sup Forums, or in real life? In real life I don't mention anime in the first place, and even if I did I wouldn't argue taste with some middle-schooler who's watched his first anime, because what would that get me. On Sup Forums, though, if I encounter a person like that, I'll tell them to fuck off, because the goal is to not have underageb& or newfags here for that exact reason - because discussing things with them gets you nothing. They can't contribute because they don't have a base yet, so they need to fuck off and lurk for a while.

There were so many grills who liked inuyasha that it isn't worth counting. I still like when Bleach started coming around and the inuyasha vs. bleach crowds started up.

Yeah every once in a while Toonami will do some throwbacks but it isn't like they use to be. They have recently started getting better.

Inuyasha EDs were elder god tier.

Shinjitsu no Uta > all. Fight me bitches.

TICK
TOCK
TICK

If you're six years old you shouldn't be on Sup Forums.

Being hostile to newfaggots keeps this board, more than any other, a decent place to be.

I don't even have many feelings for Inuyasha but I cannot deny how god tiers the EDS were, especially My Will.

No one's hunting down six year olds to tell them they're retards for not knowing multiplication, they're telling six-year-olds who wander onto a math forum for 18-year-olds to fuck off.

I preferred Every Heart.

The strings in Song of Truth was my fap material though.

I'm torn between My Will and Fukai Mori

I forget the words and the melody but it still does have a feeling about it.

What about this? Is this also magical?

I started listening to Hitomi Yaida because of Inuyasha.

>mfw Itazura na Kiss

Inuyasha came THIS close to having every ED be perfect and this shit will always be there to remind me that that will never be the case.

I unironically enjoyed InuYasha.

Don't forget Zatch Bell.

Because you were about 15 or 16 and it was the mid-2000s, over 10 years ago

>got into inuyasha during that one christmas where Doom hosted and they played all the Inuyasha movies

youtube.com/watch?v=mMufsfAGf8Q

I remember staying up late every night(and often falling asleep early) to watch Inuyasha. I love how simple anime was back then for me.

desu I remember a while back some 18 year old was saying that back in 2011 Aria the Autism or whatever it was called was his entry level anime

Entry level means different things and not all of them are good

I just discoverd this show. The ending is so modern yet magical and emotional. Thats what i love about anime, and 90s media in general. I feel after 9/11 the whole world and media became less magical and emotionless and dull. Atleast modern anime keeps some of that beauty and wonder from the 90s.

>I just discoverd this show.
Drop it early.

youtube.com/watch?v=PfLdnsruKGA

I don't think they hid the fact that it was japanese in origin

>I feel after 9/11 the whole world and media became less magical and emotionless and dull.
What.

>staying up way too late watching all the anime on adult swim even though you've got highschool the next day
>this is how you spend your teenage years

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

If 2017 ushers in the neo-80s then maybe the 2020s will bring the neo-90s

>not setting your alarm clock for 1 am and 4 am so you could wake up and watch inuyasha in the night while also sleeping well

Damn nigga you were one dumb highschooler

>Itazura na Kiss
Honestly, I skipped the ED every time after I first heard it.

Only kids who were raised in a pre 9/11 world will understand.

Too many fucking shows about terrorism, also the general mood of hope that the adults in the 1990s radiated after the fall of the USSR was washed away by the beginning of the war on terror and a new age of paranoia

And now it's even worse with the attention-seeking self-righteous imbeciles who only minutes after another terror attack in which people are massacred will always say "whoa don't blame the religion of the guys who did this for their religion otherwise you're the real bad guy"

Oh and after 2008 the economy went to shit and never recovered to the 1990s boom period, and the japanese thought their housing crisis would only be a temporary recession back then but has instead become a 30 year long period of slow growth for them

Feel it niggas, feel it

youtube.com/watch?v=LXXLGh6GmRA

Which country do you live in? Because Toonami US definitely didn't hide the fact that half the stuff they aired came from Japan.

Fuck yea. Gave my heart some serious feels.

>Animax
Ok, where you from? Animax was amazing of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=nL80sGzt92E

I remember how I had a shitty, big cellphone, don't know why I had it, but then I discovered its record function. It could only capture around 30s of audio but it made me so happy, because I used it to record one inuyasha ED. God knows how many times I listened to that horrible quality audio, still, it was my treasure.

Yeah, the feeling of preferring ED 2.

>Highschool
Jesus, I watched it in elementary. Staying up till 11 was actually something that was hard for me then.
>this was almost 15 years ago now

For some reason this just reminds me of Coboy Bebop.

Instantly I thought of "You're gonna carry that weight" then the carnival episode, then that song that starts with "where's your messiah".

Why would I fight you when you are probably right? I love Shinjitsu no Uta alot, but I don't know where I'd rank it. Either #1 or #2.

>Outlaw star
First anime I bought because for some cursed reason I always, always, always missed episodes 3-6 every single time they came on.
Every time.
Plus, episode 24.
Aisha is best.

I don't know why I recognized that, I didn't even watch that show.

Pretty much, this era is why i hate religious filth and patriotic zealotic neocon scum

>15 years ago

That's when adult swim first came out. They only had anime on Saturdays at first. I don't know what year Inuyasha started running on the weekdays, but it wasn't THAT long ago.

For reference, I'm 3 years away from Wizard status.

That YTV block was the best.
Although I never stayed up to watch Witch Hunter Robin. Was it any good?

>Replies:64
>Posters:37

Samefagging at its finest.

Sailor Moon was always on Toonami 4 PM sharp EST back in the late 90s. I won't forget.

I can't.

Sorry familia, the only thing this reminds me is that where I live Inuyasha airings were followed by Rurouni Kenshin, which was a much better show and had better OPs and EDs too.

The first two EDs are my favorite, but I always had a soft spot for Come My Way as well. I was never big into Inuyasha even as a middle/high schooler only watching it between other shows, but it was perfectly serviceable and I remember it looking pretty good for a long running show. I would miss huge swaths of episodes and still mostly understand what was happening, which was kind of nice as a casual watcher.

Did I miss the memo where we're only allowed 1 post per thread?

You're retarded.

Too many people on Sup Forums were born after 2000 cant understand this thread to partake in it.

By "hiding" you mean "dubbing", right? I have always considered undubbed anime the only reason to get cable.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhrjx3rQcXI

is stupid. That only happens in "X is now Y" post count padding threads.

Didn't toonami have the midnight run before adult swim was a thing?

Yeah.

My memory is shit, but I thought AS initially continued with anime airings through the week before it started pumping out the shit it is today?

Maybe, but I don't remember that. I remember Space Ghost Coast to Coast used to air at night on CN before adult swim was a thing, and Moltar was the original host of Toonami before they invented TOM, so you may be thinking of that.

I'm not the only faggot actually crying right now, right? I was just watching the EDs and couldn't contain myself

youtube.com/watch?v=sfKGa6nduVU

Who else here watched Sailor Moon on USA network years before it went to Toonami. Pretty sure it was my first ever anime because of this, though maybe it was Speed Racer due to reruns, but I can't quite remember.

Fuck I used to watch this during my Chuuni days. I wanted to travel with Inuyasha so badly it hurt.

It painted a pretty comfy and adventurous picture of feudal Japan whenever there weren't demons pushing everyone's shit in.

>chuuni

So you were that kid who dressed up as inuyasha in school

I had the sense to not draw too much attention to myself. I did practice wind scar motions with brooms though.

"I am" was sung by Hitomi Furuya though.

Kinda true. I wasn't a big fan of Brand New World either.

If I remember correctly, Adult Swim was Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights only for the first couple months before spreading to a nightly format.
And yes, for the first few years it was mostly anime.

I remember watching Sailor Moon on Fox in the morning before school.

Yeah, although I never really got to consistently watch it because it was a bit late. I like what I saw though, I'm a bit of a sucker for anime with a good atmosphere.

Kek, I may have done this before, I think I repressed the memory until now.

>Toonami
>Animax

What are these? Who AXN here?

Fuck, that feeling. I can remember staying up late and watching this shit on the old toonami. Makes me sad that I'll never feel that feel again.

Remember?
youtube.com/watch?v=qXBe9-mPoAo

I fell asleep to the Inuyasha EDs so many times when it was on tv. It was a good show for just drifting off

My favorite ED of any anime. Too bad inuyasha quickly became cancer. That music though.
Too late. Shitty cash grab reboots of 90s shows are now everywhere with increasing frequency. Watch the powerpuff girls reboot and the upcoming grimdark edgy samurai jack reboot. Power rangers is also getting a gritty movie reboot, I thought I heard full metal panic was rebooting. Eva was rebooted, toonami was rebooted, new dragonball garbage and more to come.

A boy has a right to feel.
youtu.be/Ws6_Bw45Xn0

But that's supposed to be Jack: the final chapter

Also jack was from the 2000s