Maria Holic : Is the anime worth watching ?

Since I can't find the manga anywhere I'm considering watching the anime. What are your thoughts on this show ?
And if there is people who read the manga, is it loyal ?

S1 is fun, S2 is not. Watch it and make your mind up.

Just read the doujins

It's fun in the beginning, but gets rather dark later on.

Absolutely. It's good and Kobayashi Yuu is a sex goddess.

You're not going to find all translations for all of the volumes. I think Tokyopop got to vol 6, and there are scanlations to vol 4.

I really liked the first season, i dont know about season 2 but it's apparantly not as good.

There are scanlation to vol.4 but the last chapter came out in 2011. Are there still teams working on it ?

Don't think so. Official translations to vol 6, and then Tokyopop dropped it due to licensing issues if I remember correctly. There never managed to get the licenses for the rest of it.

So it's dead in the water for now, and, unfortunately, there's little interest for the series. Everything stopped in 2011, which coincided with the rather unpopular S2 of the anime.

I don't know how many loads I've blown to the doujins. No idea about the actual series.

S1 is good, S2 is quite boring and if you waited for it you probably though "wait, is this season crap or did my taste change and this serie was always this bland?"

It was not only that it was bland, it was slightly incoherent. Retrospectively I blame the fansubbers, there was consensus that the subs were poor.

Plus Shaft were a bit mundane then - I think most of us fund Shaft's style fresh in 2009, not so much in '11.

Am i really the only one that liked S2 as much as S1?

It was great fun. The manga isn't particularly noteworthy.

First third was a drag, the rest was better.

As we're chatting about comfy anime, whatever happened to Maria-sama ga miteru? I haven't heard anyone mention it in ages.

yuri bait where the lesbian turns straight.

stop putting spaces before punctuation you dumb eslposter

No, I marathoned it and didn't notice a significant drop in quality. Only thing that was really worse was the op/ed combo.
The doujins are really shit though.

Says the faggot without capitalization or punctuation.

Why is Shaft producing S2 for unpopular anime anyway? Studio has a ton of works that never made any impact but have multiple seasons, like Maria, Natsu no Arashi and Arakawa to mention few.

MARIA WHERE YOU FUCKERS

Its funny sometimes

Watch it

The first season was fairly popular, no? But I see your point - the oddest part is that unsuccessful S1s from Shaft have never lead to successful S2s, so I can't even see a risk-reward economic argument.

Found it funny how everyone knew that the MC was a raging dyke and treated her like the thrash that she is

She doesn't though. Of course, she doesn't get laid/find love either.
Only Mariya treats her poorly. The rest of her misfortunes are due to sperging out.

Everyone ignores and abuses her verbally when she goes raging dyke mode

All dykes must die.
The ED YMO cover was cute.

S1 yes, S2 probably not. Manga is fucking deeeaaaaad.

The doujins are all better than any of that, though. Good lord I want to breed with Maria's ass.

I've been thinking about rewatching it, it's perfect for autumn and winter.