.hack//Sign

I want to talk about this, thoughts?

ridiculously slow, with little to no pay off

Most accurate mmo anime.

Also, quite good if you're not a manchild who lives off of "muh action".

If it had better production values it would be a 10.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's the most accurate, and i'll even say it's the best mmo anime, however even accounting for the lack of action, its climax is lackluster at best

so it doesn't feel good to watch it?
I'm thinking about starting it today

which are more accurate at showing mmo culture?
Log horizon or this one?

Climax had potential to be a lot better, good show though

This one for sure.

Log Horizon is more fun, but thats the core of it. This one is more mmoish and less muh super genius.

Awe

It had much shit to interpret which I only noticed when I watched it the second or third time. I wish they'd make an actual new game again. We have the Guilty Dragon thing and the first New World part but mobile games just aren't the same and they'll never get translated anyway.

Easily //Sign

Unlike Log Horizon which just takes the MMO setting and runs with it .hack has always payed attention to things like atmosphere and characterization to a massive extent.

For example a lot of players aren't just "People who play a MMO" in the .hack universe, they actually have real lives and real character reasons why they aren't doing other things in the RW.

>a neglected kid who's using the game as an excuse to not interact with their family
>Two siblings living apart who use the game to play together
>Game designer who wants to see people enjoying his creations.
>AN ESL who's playing on the Jap server to practice her language skills

And these aren't just character backstory, every player's personality and reactions reflects their RL circumstances to a huge extent. .hack has always payed a lot more attention to the smaller details that make "The World" feel much more realistic than other MMORPG based series.

Better than Log Horizon because it seems to have many layers which yes, you need to interpret but makes the experience of watching it so much better

Dusk was shit. It had little to almost no real play in the story in the anime and in the manga tney cut off Aura's daughter from the main story and only in Link do you hear about her.
Shit sucks because she was a massive troll and I liked her.
Also, suggest you read the novels and play the games if you plan to start the show since shit will make a lot more sense.
Keep in mind that this is one of those shows where if you look away for a second you might get lost as to what the fuck is going on.

Oh, and the ovas that came with the games are good.
.hack//Gift is good and has a nice slide at the ending.

MAL rates it 7.
That makes it too bad to watch guys

MAL is inconsistent. Sequels are overrated, recent stuff is overrated, and obscure stuff is probably rated lower than average due to the people watching it in general having seen more anime and no longer thinking everything is the best thing ever.
I know, I do also often think that something rated 7 must be awful, but keep in mind that it's an old anime that only people with higher standards give rating. Making 7 an acceptable score.

I like the idea of the world (Morganna) itself acting against itself, but that was already the case in the original games.

Also it had nice vibes with the creation of Aura and how Macha was shown.

Overall it was not that good, especially if you don't follow the series. But the soundtrack was nice.

I liked all those references to nordic myths.

How come I must know?
Where obsession needs to go?

Lovely music. The pacing is slow but fits inmensily.