Is anybody else secretly annoyed by the fact that the plural form of anime is still "anime"?

Is anybody else secretly annoyed by the fact that the plural form of anime is still "anime"?

I don't get autistically bothered easily, but it sounds so agitating in my head when I have to post something like, "How many anime have you seen", or "What are your favorite anime?"

Even after all these years of knowing the correct version, I still want to add an "s" so badly.

Pronouncing it as animays is retarded, user

fish
deer
aircraft
you
pants
head (of cattle)
shorts
eyeglasses
scissors
salmon
trout
plankton
swine
sheep
buffalo
bison
species
offspring
pike

It's actually:
Singular - animus
Plural - animi

Do you want to order two sushis in a restaurant as well? Did you sing two karaokes last night? Have you caught all the pokemons yet?

Anime -> Animia actually.

>not animetachi

>aircraft
Why? "Two aircraft" sounds retarded.

It's a good way for weeaboos to feel superior to non-convert.

Enough people using animes as plural, then it will be the correct one.

Technically but there's not enough acceptance towards pronounce it either way so we use the Japanese rules.

jap doesn't recognise grammatical number unless you modify the noun anyway

No, fuck off

>pants
>shorts
those are always two. a pair of shorts. I think it derives from the time where you put on the legs individually and tied them together or something.

>scissors
also a pair of joined blades

>I don't get autistically bothered easily
Sure sounds like you do. Here's an idea though, have you ever just tried not being wrong?

>How many anime have you seen

You can easily avoid this problem by asking "How many anime series have you seen" instead.

Actually, plural form of anime is animu.

Launch all the aircraft.

>we will never be animu & mango ever again

ANIMES

Anime isn't always TV series, though.
Most of the time, sure, but not always

Because English pluralization is fucking weird. Take "octopus". Octopuses, octopi and octopodes are all acceptable. Sometimes we adopt the correct foreign pluralization (which would be octopodes), sometimes we use "standard" English ones (octopuses), and sometimes we just shit the bed (octopi).

I suggest we called them animemes

No, and I hate you

Shut up, Otacon

anime (as the all-encompassing term used here) generally refers to TV productions and lumps in OVAs and feature-length animated features.

When it comes to animation that you watch piece by piece, you refer to it by volume watched instead of shows as a whole.

You would say "I have 4 movies on my PC", because they are self-contained and shorter. You would say that you have "163 anime on my PC" in the same way as you would say "A pitcher of water" instead of "A pitcher of waters" or "a handful of sands."

When you are referring to units that are uniform and/or easily divisible, it is standard to refer to them in a constant plural. Any liquid, powder, gas, and a lot of concepts and ideas in culture will use this nomenclature.

>japanese rules
>for a loan word deriving from a loan word
People saying animes is perfectly fine. Do you bitch at people calling a specific type of hate a "sombrero" when sombrero is actually a spanish word used to refer to all hats?

Then don't post those things, don't sound like good thread openers anyways