She came back at the end.

>headcanons

>Explicitly said Giftias under employment return to work after being reset
>headcanon

lol

Please kill yourself you fucking retard

>bawwwww I got told

You first shithead

You mean to tell me that universe is cappable of creating artificial life and synthetic brains which can store and change data, but for some reason the thought of a back up drive is beyond human reach or technology? What the fuck Japan.

How long until she actually gets developed?

>got told
nah man

it must be how the memories are stored. I assume that the company that makes Giftias designed their android brains to work like humans. Since we store memories in specific pathways of neurons, it's very hard to save those memories exactly as they were. Computers work differently, but if the Giftias just had HDDs in their heads, it'd probably be possible to backup their memories. Maybe one day they'll make a breakthrough and really increase the storage capacity of Giftias or make is so their brains don't get fried after 9 months.

I'm not sure exactly why their brains go bad. I think maybe they hit a limit to what they can store, and then their programming starts writing over the oldest stuff in storage, which fucks up their ability to understand anything since those programs dictate how to talk and act around humans.

The endgame was to not leave people feeling sad when she was gone, but she allows herself a bit of happiness in the end which makes her friends remember her in a positive way instead of just as another face that passed through their life.

well one things for sure, the Isla we saw is mostly gone

Was this show just a metaphor for cancer or something? Like how it can take anyone, and how you should just try to make that person happy up until the end? The end dates of Giftias was a lot like how cancer patients are given a certain timeline before they will probably die.

Or maybe it's more of a general metaphor for terminal illness, and the morality of assisted suicide and/or euthanasia. In this universe someone (usually a loved one) has to be the one that signs a form to terminate the Giftia. It's a lot like DNR papers too.

Its not her. Its a different person in the same body. The isla we all know and love is gone.

Then why mass produce them then? I know the show puts that plot contrivence to convey its message but it just makes the scientists seem like kinda shitty people.

Season 2: Tsukasa devotes himself to developing a method to greatly extend Giftias' service lengths while simultaneously creating a method to restore memories of units that have had new operating systems/personalities installed.

Starting with Isla.

Prove me wrong. You can't.

>Then why mass produce them then
Well I guess people in that universe are okay with it, or they wouldn't buy them. I mean, almost every person they went to collect from gave up with relatively little resistance.

The only reason to not mass produce them is because it'd be painful to have to give them up after 9 years, but if you're okay with that then the Giftias are pretty handy. I can't imagine in our world that people would really enjoy them, I can see them doing more hazardous work or being used in the military instead. The way the Giftias seem to work does seem to be set-up just to break people's hearts, but maybe if you get into the relationship knowing it's not forever, that makes it easier to say goodbye. Tsukasa only found out Isla had a month left right at the end, so it's hard to say how different things would've been if they told him sooner.

>being used in the military
>time bomb ready to go on rampage
Worse than landmines

On the contrary, they'd be even better in a military setting.

>only get lot # names, soldiers don't fraternize with them much
>government can pay to switch them out as often as needed
>can come preloaded with whatever mission objectives are needed
>can be tailored to any roll
>can have better strength and need way less food

Actually, do Giftias need to eat at all? I think Tsukasa asked or was wondering that but I don't remember if anyone said anything. It's also said that if they become wanderers, their internal limiters are disabled, so they become very strong and fast. The military could easily use that for war. The more I think about it, the more it seems like Giftias were probably invented for the military in that universe, and are slowly being introduced to the civilian market for companionship. It really makes no sense to just invent these (probably) super expensive and intricate androids just so they can act like moms or brothers or sons or daughters or whatever. Maybe there was another world war in that universe, and this is just a few decades later.

This show never really delved into the "how and why" of Giftia's. The Sci-Fi aspect of the show got cut down in sake of the Romance Aspect.

Don't get me wrong I loved the romance, however I was disappointing we lost the Sci-fi, Blade Runner vibe.

I respect the ending that was given.

But a season 2 would be nice.

I think her End Game was to just sort of fade away from her friends and die alone.

Well, to be honest, discussing the sci-fi is more fun than the romance. I think we all liked that part, but it was told and concluded in a pretty definitive manner. Delving into just why and how Giftias actually work seems to be more entertaining.

IIRC the coming videogame is going to add more stuff

>The more I think about it, the more it seems like Giftias were probably invented for the military in that universe
That might explain why SAI is such a big guy and able to keep a monopoly on Giftias