Even your mindblowing stupidity is explainable with science

inverse.com/article/37463-conspiracy-beliefs-illusory-pattern-perception

Sup Forums BTFO yet again

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.2331/epdf
theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/27/study-delivers-bleak-verdict-on-validity-of-psychology-experiment-results
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A common assumption is that belief in conspiracy theories and supernatural phenomena are grounded in illusory pattern perception. In the present research we systematically tested this assumption. Study 1 revealed that such irrational beliefs are related to perceiving patterns in randomly generated coin toss outcomes. In Study 2, pattern search instructions exerted an indirect effect on irrational beliefs through pattern perception. Study 3 revealed that perceiving patterns in chaotic but not in structured paintings predicted irrational beliefs. In Study 4, we found that agreement with texts supporting paranormal phenomena or conspiracy theories predicted pattern perception. In Study 5, we manipulated belief in a specific conspiracy theory. This manipulation influenced the extent to which people perceive patterns in world events, which in turn predicted unrelated irrational beliefs. We conclude that illusory pattern perception is a central cognitive mechanism accounting for conspiracy theories and supernatural beliefs.

>when you have to make pattern recognition seem crazy because it inevitably leads to racism
>but 999 genders seems legit

Climate change was commonly dismissed as a conspiracy theory in the past.
>The tptb hate conspiracy theories because they tend to challenge the status quo.

>when you have to deny that you're seeing patterns that don't exist because you've made it the basis of your entire being
Learning that your worldview is built on a completely flawed foundation must be troubling.

>Climate change was commonly dismissed as a conspiracy theory in the past.
It's still dismissed a conspiracy theory by equally retarded people today.

Depends on the definition of "conspiracy theory." Is there evidence and logically consistent reasoning involved, or pure conjecture?

>the tptb went to the atm machine

Shut up you crazy conspiratard kook!

>denying statistics about race
I thought the left was supposed to believe in science?

Climate change is fake though.

yeah shut up conspiritards the clintons had nothing to do with the clinton policies and administration during bill clintons tenure.

>"It's still dismissed a conspiracy theory by equally retarded people today."
>TFW you are denouncing conspiracy theories and labeling conspiracy theorists as stupid because a dense article written by a tard who is not a scientist tells you too.
>TFW you admit the aging elite still label climate change as a conspiracy theory.

bill clinton didn't want to be president anyways.

>I got proven wrong
>Better shift the point to something else!
textbook response

How is racism a conspiracy theory? Divergent evolution is a scientific fact.

You mean liberals BTFO since they're the new conspiracy theorists with all this Russia collusion bullshit lmao

You're a trisomy 21 victim but luckily for you, you have no clue how dumb you really are.

Shit thread, don't bump it.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.2331/epdf

Not that a single one of you tards is even capable of reading a scientific paper, but here you go!

Oy vey goyim! Your pattern identification is the wrong kind. The only legitimate patterns to identify are the ones we tell you about!

>social psychology
>legitimate science

>you planned an experiment with controls and plan on analyzing it statistically?
>thats not science

>you’re stupid if you don’t subscribe to my ideology

Wow, haven’t heard that one before

>h-how can we not have to deal with these hateful facts others espouse
-your pitiful subconscious

You don't think that on the flip side there's a vast array of perceptual hindrances that can occur on each end? The keyword is *can*. You'd be better off if you actually start interfacing with the other side's facts shill.

experiments with results that are not reproducible 75% of the time.

theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/27/study-delivers-bleak-verdict-on-validity-of-psychology-experiment-results

Eat shit faggot. You lose.

Fuck no, bump this motherfucking thread let the Op cringe at its own stupidity.

Nah bro, some faggot on Reddit told me that it's possible for a white person to have more dna in common with a black person than with another white person. Therefore there's no such thing as race. QED

t. Rational Skeptical Atheist

P.s. I fucking love science

>one study says that all other studies are only right 25% of the time
>that one study is not reproduced to verify its findings
Wow.

It's not my fault that /x/ keeps cross posting

I know that you're literally unable to read that paper because of your unfortunate mental condition, but if you could you'd see that you're doing EXACTLY what they said you would.

No, I bet you are not old enough to remember acid rain smog haze clouding cities and violence caused by lead in the gasoline.

is this study peer-reviewed?
if not than it's meaningless

checked for libtard's complete lack of self-awareness

Did you read the study?
I think they got retards to do it..

>Wasting 15-20 mins per method for 75 cents?
lolokay

>Can you spot patterns in these coin tosses?
legithavetoberetarded

exactly
this sounds like a study undergraduates do on field trips
>throw the rice cakes at the ducks and count the ducks
>statistical analysis of duck feeding patterns
>draw unrealistic conclusions about duck feeding patterns based on one study that was the most retarded study ever created

Sounds like you're projecting. The Irony of what was just said is lost on you. A measured response comes your way, and you respond as if you're afflicted by you're own very set of perceptual hindrances. Much of what that study suggests is possible, but there are things you won't ever understand without breaking out of your bubble.
> A common assumption is that belief in conspiracy theories and supernatural phenomena are grounded in illusory pattern perception.
Is the theorist's pattern perception illusory, or is yours. Either you're a brainlet, afflicted by perceptual hindrances, or malevolently shilling for shekels which doesn't allow you to honestly take them into consideration.
Corrupt your words and writing with the tactics and stances of your employer, and you're actually more likely to come believe them, which is another phenomena that's well studied.
Degenerate shill BTFO yet again

Do the liberals now think critical thinking is a mental illness but a dude that chops off his dick and wants to be a woman is "progressive"?

>He thinks climate change is real

270 scientists on 5 continents doing over 100 experiments, actually.

To be clear: the term "conspiracy theory" is without question abused in order to suppress discussion of corruption. Bullshit sciencey articles like in OP reinforce the deceptive faggotry. Don't even engage with the bullshit.

>Two or more people never commit crimes together.