Britain. Explain yourself

On a recent trip to London I couldn't help but notice a statue of George Washington in fucking TRAFALGAR SQUARE!
Why would you erect a monument to the man who handed you the greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history?
Does cuckness run that deep in your culture?

I demand you explain yourselves.

>thinks the jew stuff is just a meme

Dat fasces ayy lmao

That is a bit odd.

There's also a monument to the Soviets in Berlin

PS I would have asked an Englishman myself while I was there but I couldn't find one in London.

>the man who handed you the greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history?

That would be this guy.

The American colonies weren't that important to England.
England didn't even send their main army to deal with the uprising there, they rather kept them in the East.

>They never wanted America that much anyway

Isn't there also a statue to Gandhi? It is like the British are super into cuck holding.

also:

>in b4 we invited him
>in b4 we WANTED to be conquered
>in b4 bahahaha we were never conquered it was GLORIOUS!!! a glorious...ehm...revolution! yeah that's it! we invited him and we wanted his glorious Dutch cock up our ass.

>greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history
kek, burger open a book sometime
your war of independence was a minor skirmish in their centuries long feud with france

America is rich now because it's mostly populated by whites.
But in colonial times it wasn't that profitable.

I saw no less than six statues of American presidents while was there.
Fucking bizarre.
Guys like Eisenhower and Roosevelt I can understand but Washington? Gandhi?
That's some next level cuckoldry right there.

You see, unlike the you modern uncivilized swine, people back then had respect for adversaries and would sometimes honor the victor.

I dunno man, it was pretty much pure gold compared to the other shitholes they were trying to keep together.

But we could talk all day about how hard the UK fucked its empire up.

kek'd and checked

Are you retarded?

He landed after James fled the country with the support of the English army because he was married to Mary; do you really think the fucking Dutch republic could conquer England?

Just history now. Not many people in London could tell you the history of this statue, infact im surprised its not been stolen, melted down and sold for scrap, that happens quite a lot.

We like George Washington. No taxation without representation is good by me, we were oppressed by filthy foreign overlords called the house of von Hanover. If not for the American revolution, USA's borders might have stopped halfway across the continent.

Michiel de Ruyter was a badass movie.

Trading spices is extremely profitable.

America mostly produced goods already made in Europe.
Given the expensive journey it was hard just to break even let alone make a serious profit.

'Greatest defeat and humiliation'?
Stop stroking your own autistic ego, we had more important wars going on.

see
Keep up that denial.

I think its something of a goodwill gesture, there are statues to all sorts of people in London, the place is a shithole.

Americans are fed a very weird version of their own history, we peace out in 1783 because its more profitable to have you as an independent Anglophile trade partner than keep you underheel and pay for your defence.

The Whigs comes to this agreement and in exchange dice up the French, Dutch and Spanish Empire, a notion John Adams expresses when he becomes the Ambassador to Great Britain.

>cuckness

It's cuckoldry you stupid burger.

>>They never wanted America that much anyway
they knew they could exploit it later once it had more commercial value through city of London banking techniques developed earlier in Venice and before that China

>the greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history?

Ahahahaha

no

Britian barely HAD an army at that point in history. Look at the numbers

Sounds like the UK went too far Jew and lost it all.

Washington was a British citizen before an American. Reagan has a statue in London as well because about the only thing he loved screwing more than Thatch's Hatch was our oldest ally.

Yeah I saw it, you're fucking retarded, he is asked to cross, and the English army meet him and fight for him, its the Covenenters in Scotland and the Derry Skimishers in Ireland, had we wanted a different king we could have disposed him overnight like we did with James, he was the best choice because he married James' daughter

our bitch king ran away because the people hated him

Tbqh the american revolution was supported by the whigs on moral grounds and they saw the new USA as an offshoot of Britain, but ruled by the moral standards they wanted to see in Britain themselves. It's no different than having a statue of Cromwell I guess.

Being more profitable to peace out than to keep fighting is called winning for the americans.

This is the whole point of war

>as if we don't have the same thing

Exactly, so they had to choose.

And they rather secured the Eastern colonies than America.
That's what I was saying.

>Sounds like the UK went too far Jew and lost it all.

Not really, the Treaty of Paris is really where our Empire shifts east, the French, Dutch and Spanish essentially chop up their own Empires in exchange for a joint recognition of your independence.

In 1815 we have thousands of men mobalised, waiting transportation in France, no major enemies and a wartorn United States crying for peace, and we accept.

Because the material resources that it would cost to beat you down in 1815 would have been less beneficial to us than a peace.

>It isn't retreating. It's just advancing in another direction.

I am an american in britain, so pardon my ignorance, but werent the armed forces in the east actually the private easy india company and not even british regulars?

They did do well keeping an empire with 45,000 man army

>Being more profitable to peace out than to keep fighting is called winning for the americans.

Thats not really the case though, we change Governments shortly before the end of the war, and they essentially see the situation as, 'we can annex large swaths of the European Empires if we give up the American theatre'

In 1783, we do best out of the peace treaty, then the Americans and by far the worst off is the French.

Its rather like how the Warhawks go into the Spanish-American war to get Cuba and come out with Puerto Rico, the Philippines and Cuba as a trading partners.

>he is asked to cross

By some rebels and also irrelevant.

Your King was plotting with France to invade the Netherlands.
That's why he had to do something.

He pretended to attack France, so the English navy went south to help them.
But after fooling the English he instead attacked London and they never saw that coming so it was an easy win.

I wish I had actually been taught history in school instead of over a decade of "Hitler and the Nazis were literally demons, blessed are the Jews."

I think I read Night 4 times.

For many years General Washington was a competent and loyal commander of her Majesties armed forces. Nothing wrong with at least honouring that part of his history, just as we respect his role in American independence too.

I have a respect for the Russian people, some of their soldiers during the Cold War. I'm glad we didn't annihilate the world together. No leaders come to mind though.
You burned our White House down you son of a bitch!

And I have to hear you cry about how horrible the 4th of July is every year.

This Jew gets it. We're not petty children, like Amerifats. We respect strength and courage, even that of our historic rivals. Even Napoleon (a far more powerful enemy) is widely respected in Britain.

How many wars, might I ask, are fought to unconditional surrender like wwIi?

Very few, the peace is a matter of convenience for both parties. It is about forcing the enemies hand

>thinks the capture of London means English capitulation
If the population and the armed forces were indomitably opposed to Williams rule there is no way the Glorious Revolution would have come to fruition, nor would the coup have ended in success as it did there. The navy would come back, the army would have mobilized and the Dutch army would not have been able to resist, even had they come over to occupy the capital.

Sure those are'nt Faces of the EU?
Faces named Mohammad ?

>By some rebels and also irrelevant.

No. By Parliament, the supreme legal authority in England and controller of the army.

>Your King was plotting with France to invade the Netherlands.
That's why he had to do something.

Again no, James was desposed because he frequently put Catholics in high levels of office, Parliament desposes him, then sends a letter to William and Mary to cross and jointly rule, they turn up and are crowned. Its rather simple, William wouldn't have even considered it without a written invitation.

>But after fooling the English he instead attacked London and they never saw that coming so it was an easy win.

Lol there was no battle ever fought, he lands in England after being invited by letter, after James has fled and James returns with an army from Ireland, that is seen off by the English army at reading.

Learn Basic history.

>Having a statute of a fellow English man who sided and fought along side your longest and worst enemy of all times

Yom Kippur my kike friend.

Our history is very interesting, but the opposite of the US, we're taught a self-hating view of our history.

>And I have to hear you cry about how horrible the 4th of July is every year.

Lol what?

HOLY SHIT!
You can't be this cucked brits?!?!

Americans are often taught self hatred too, but we have decentralized education so we get a variety of angles dependif on your school

>the peace is a matter of convenience for both parties. It is about forcing the enemies hand

Exactly, to understand the American peace, you have to understand the cause of its war, Great Britain benefits the most from the Paris peace, despite not achieving its original goal of recapturing the US, which is a notion rejected by the whig factions of Parliament which takes over the Government after the fall of Lord North.

th of July

>Day Month Year

Good lad

I never said brits aren't cucks.

Care to expand?

I think we have a different view on the purpose of statues then you burgers do at the moment. Statues can be erected to celebrate the individual but also to remember the history (good and bad) associated with the person.
It's very rare that we would ask for a statue to be removed as is happening in the US at the moment as people should remember their lessons from history and you often learn more with failure and defeat than you do in victory.
A good example is the statue of Oliver Cromwell outside Parliament. He is an outstanding hero for winning the civil war and establishing parliamentary authority in Britain. Let's face it, the United States would not be here without him. However, he became a tyrant and a villain later on in life when he was corrupted by absolute power. The way he treated Ireland was disgraceful.
You could argue that the statue should be removed but to anyone who is educated it serves the great purpose of highlighting the importance of parliamentary democracy while also warning MPs inside Parliament not to get too big for their boots.

A defeat involves a fight. Only the Scots and Irish fought him. He was invited, due to his wife being an heiress to the throne. And James 2 being a cunt.

>Learn Basic history.

The "history" you learn in school is just British propaganda.

The English are so embarrassed about getting conquered by the Netherlands they re-write history to make it seem as if it wasn't a defeat.
But any neutral bystander would call it an English defeat.

We had the same view on statues ontil the leftist agitators started the cultural revolution this summer tearing down confederate monuments

>However, he became a tyrant and a villain later on in life when he was corrupted by absolute power. The way he treated Ireland was disgraceful.

Primary School history pushed a pretty hard narrative and its almost entirely a fabrication, Cromwell wasn't the leader of the roundheads, that was fairfax, they essentially forced his hand to dissolve Parliament but the man was far from a Tyrant.

The campaigns in Ireland is entirely a Taig meme, Royalists are shipped to the colonies but he intervenes to protect the Protestants in Ireland that are being massacred en masse.

For a kike he's not very well liked by globalists

Primarily over the slavery thing, which is why it gets so much play around here with the masses. Growing up, being hyper patriotic was like an extension of the Cold War, expected even. That kind of doubled after 9/11. I can stand all this current self-hate shit going on in society.
1776 SHALL COMMENCE AGAIN

>The English are so embarrassed about getting conquered by the Netherlands they re-write history to make it seem as if it wasn't a defeat.
>But any neutral bystander would call it an English defeat.

You're fucking retarded, he fought no battle against an English army, and was invited by the sole legal authority in England after James was desposed.

He wouldn't of dared to land, or they'd have seen him off day one. I don't really know how you can get this impression.

Holy shit is the United states Tamriel?

England was about to invade the Netherlands.

You make it sound as if it was some peaceful trip.
It was war.
Netherlands was about to get obliterated.

William was just smart enough to strike first, and do it so unexpectedly that no battle was needed.
Had he not done so you would now be going on and on about how England conquered the Netherlands and how awesome your King was.

Where's the statue of Hitler in Israel, then, you hypocrite?

>standing next to a faggot

1790 America confirmed white fascist ethnostate.

Also please stop calling people "retarded" just becasue we disagree.

Friendly reminder that the answer to 1984 is 1776.

>England was about to invade the Netherlands.

This is absolute rubbish

>You make it sound as if it was some peaceful trip.

It was, William literally gets a letter, then turns up, there is no battle, the English army welcome him to London and coronate him and his wife.

>William was just smart enough to strike first, and do it so unexpectedly that no battle was needed.

>Had he not done so you would now be going on and on about how England conquered the Netherlands and how awesome your King was.

You should learn what you're talking about before you make yourself look stupid. William is invited to England AFTER James flees the country, Parliament essentially draws up a list of people who would make suitable candidates and William & Mary win,so they get the letter.

>Also please stop calling people "retarded" just becasue we disagree.

No, you're retarded, its not even a notion of disagreeing, I'm telling you historical fact, you're wrong, and information out of nowhere.

WE

Not going to read all that becasue you called me names, sorry.

>the man who handed you the greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history
>George Washington
ha !

>Not going to read all that becasue you called me names, sorry.

Your education is not my perogative, I came here to make you look stupid, not to be your friend.

I blame you for all this. If you hadn't helped them, they wouldn't have won and we'd currently be free of Jewmerica's cancerous influence.

>greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history?
You Americans are so vain. This nation's army and it's navy were absolutely trashed by the up-and-coming Japanese despite often outnumbering them, and yet you think losing a war to a well organised Rebellion across a massive sea, that was backed by the largest power on continental Europe is the most humiliating defeat. Are you just to intelligent for history?

If you want to know why there's a statue of him there, it's probably because he was an influencial and important figure in the Liberal revolution of the early 1800s, and established the first truly democratic republic in the English speaking world.

He wrote what amounts to a single paragraph summarizing major historical events.

Just read it you retard

britain has it because the USA didn't become a shameful shithole unlike SOME colonies

>the greatest defeat and humiliation in your country's history
>

1. George Washington was a Brit.
2. The American Revolution isn't in the top 10 list of British military defeats

Oh boy never knew there were Dutch people WE WUZing so hard.

I've learned about the "British propaganda" as you call it. Could you maybe post some [spoiler]sources[/spoiler/]
on this?

Also, look into the Nederlandsche cocaine fabriek. interesting story there about how some people got very rich from poor sods being sent out of trenches.

>George Washington was a Brit
delet this

He wasn't really. Georgie was third generation American born in Virginia. Technically a citizen of the Crown until 1776 but not British born and not British raised.

Britfag don not rage this is simply a symptom of "no child left behind"

"American" isn't even a word you'll find until the mid 19th century. The American Revolution looks more like an 4th English Civil War.

Why no statues of Hitler?
Too soon?

>The two statues on the lawn in front of the National Gallery are the statue of James II by Grinling Gibbons to the west of the portico, and of one George Washington, a replica of a work by Jean-Antoine Houdon, to the east[36] that was a gift from the Commonwealth of Virginia installed in 1921.[45]

Statue of Rommel in Trafalgar Square when?

I hate how accurate this is. I went to a really good school and university but my public school friends didn't learn anything except WWII trivia. I'd remove half of those dates. I mean, what do they teach about 9/11? "It was a bad man named OBL who hated our freedoms, the end."

My wife is tutoring a high school senior who literally had no idea the US had a civil war. She obviously didn't know which side won...

There had better be Virginian clay under that statue.
Washington swore he would never set foot on British soil.

Rommel got double dunked on though, you need to win decisively to earn yourself a statue.

Fair enough.