Macross Delta

Throughout the series there has been numerous information given to us about the mysterious venus Mikumo. There are a wide variety of speculations which range from the Jellyfish Goddess of Ragna, to Android/Artificial creation, to modified clone, to Protoculture etc. It would appear that Mikumo is related to anything and everything. This caused the staff to name her as what is known as "The Macross"

With each new information given about Mikumo, there are some which contradict others. Nothing directly adds up. It is clear that we have been given various pieces of a puzzle (the broken triangle) and we are suppose to connect those pieces.

With that in mind and 5 episodes left. Now is the time to post and analyze your theories on the true identity of Mikumo (the plot). Each theory posted will be saved, and once the true mystery is revealed you'll have bragging rights.

Other urls found in this thread:

karice.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/p509/
youtube.com/watch?v=4PJ0ih4-lMc
my.mixtape.moe/ijkofa.mp4
my.mixtape.moe/gcikwc.mp3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Interview which explain why the second cour has a slow pace:

>Nemoto
Originally it was supposed to be made up one cour and a movie. I recall it being around the time that we were working on the scenario for the fourth episode that it became a 2 cour show.
Still, the scenario for the first cour had momentum so we proceeded to make it into two cours in a way that that would build up from it.
We did have some vague ideas about what to do in a movie, so we put that in for two cours.

Mikumo is a miracle of the universe and the goddess of songs and deserves to live and experience love and happiness and a family and a birthday party and being able to sing to her hearts content without any worries.

Next episode is a Freyja episode.

>Delta could have been an 8/10 show but will end up being a 6/10 because of the forced second cour
Thanks Kawamori.

It's either there was no one to slap some common sense in him or jewish sponsors. I guess both.

It's already revealed that she is a star singer or a clone of a star singer.

This is from the same show.

QUALITY is a beloved Macross tradition. Peoples should stop complaining about Satelight

I bet everyone remembers this invterview, but only now I noticed the details:
karice.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/p509/
>We’re going to build and build until the end of the first cour. Our protagonists are going to be driven into a corner by ever more intense attacks from their adversaries, and it’s a matter of how they will stand up against that. The story will gather speed, but there’s a story that doesn’t end simply waiting after that..something like that. There’s nothing like “a hot springs” episode where we can all take a breather, so each and every episode should be really enjoyable.

He wasn't lying. He explicitly said "until the end of the FIRST cour". He fucking knew they had nothing for 2nd cour. I wouldn't be surprised if the script for majority of 2nd cour wasn't even finished yet.
Why? Just WHY?

All I understand is that I want to fuck Mikumo

>i have ADHD the post
Nice.

Someone post the knife fight WebM.

I claimed her first.

He means the second cour "MOVIE" without filler.

> Our protagonists are going to be driven into a corner by ever more intense attacks from their adversaries
The only decent attack happened during fucking episodes 12-13, and even THEN there were no windie army. What the fuck were they thinking.

The execs thought they were doing him a favor by giving him more episodes. Little did they know how wrong they were.

Heinz is the Windermere army.

Japs can't write for shit, more news at 11. What were they thinking?
Why the fuck are they even using valks? Just throw that bigass battleshit and let him thing.

battleship*

Are you retarded? Windies had lots of planes for their final attack on Ragna.

Resource reallocation because of the messed up scheduling since now they had to reserve people for the last batch of episodes who would have been saved for the movie. I think they wanted to do much more with the CG in the first cour.

>mikumo wearing a buttslut swimsuit
>in official art
Fucking knew it.

Also there probably wouldn't have been two episodes spent on buildup after Messer die in the original premise.

Is something missing?

Never gets old.

I don't think they changed anything in 1st cour. Episode 11 is mourning for Messer. Episode 12 is actual plot and build-up. It could affect quality of animation in episode 13 and amount of fighting on screen, but not the actual events.

>lots
>of
>planes
>The battle is still 6 faggots vs Delta and Macross vs Valens
O-kay.

>I finally get to use this meme

That's not speculation. It's somebody making a pasta about something anyone who read some actual sci-fi would guess. Delta's writing is aimed on jap otaku, for fucks sake.

>Kawamori
Why Kawamori?

Keith manga

He's the director. But yea, it's writers who are literal shitters.

We already know who is she in the last episode. There is only "Lady M" left.

I think they would have been more willing to go over the top for 6 and 13 for the fights if they only had to worry about 13 episodes. The added episodes must have really been a nightmare for everyone. The sponsors shouldn't have changed their minds.

>He's the director.
No he isn't. Where do you get that shit?

You said windies had no army. They fucking did. They showed it, they showed fight against VF-171s of NUNS.

>but it doesn't count because I say so

10 seconds of them shooting down two 171s? That's not an army. And no one uses reinforcements to rape Delta. DDF, i love you. My eternal source of (you)s.

youtube.com/watch?v=4PJ0ih4-lMc

2d or CG animation?

They only became shit when they had to turn a movie plot into 13 episodes after they came up with great pacing in the first half, without the planned break between the first half and the second half.

I think that's why the head writer was absent for four episodes.

>That's not an army
Then what is it?

>I love pretending to be retarded to get responses!

CG has better framerate, but PS2-tier textures are
Even the first cour is literally Frodo material for every episode. Knights never calling down reinforcement, no one ever doing their job. The only good part was Messer doing what he was supposed to do: FIGHT.
Now show me some mooks DOING THEIR JOB OF KILLING DELTA SQUAD? Or doing fucking anything. inb4 'i was just pretending to be retarded'

At least we can all agree that Mikumo is not a coward, weak or useless.

>PS2-tier textures are
Holy shit, you're that shitposter too.

Regardless of what she is, we won't know this week. This week is a Freyja episode. A Freyja/Hayate episode if we get a dogfight and if he decides to make a move on her. I'd rather speculate the rumored Extreme Brave.

She made the 1st move in the preview of the next episode.
I want Freyja to pull a beam.

Why do you think it's a Freyja episode? The preview isn't out yet.

Because she can't sing and she has to otherwise everyone will be buttraped by the White Knight in the last battle.

It was spoiled by Minori 1.5 months ago on some event.

I personally stand by my theory that Mikumo created the Macross Universe.

The Jellyfish Creation Myth: Ishmael is an Arabian man from the creation of the universe story via jellyfishes. Bergerl is Arabian themed and is the 3rd party with Windermere.

Important passage from Jellyfish creation story: “For many millions of centuries the life of the world was merely microorganisms floating helplessly in a chemical broth. But little by little, more complex forms appeared: single-celled creatures, slimes, algae, polyps, and so on. “But finally,” the creature said, turning quite pink with pride as he came to the climax of his story, “but finally jellyfish appeared!”

It also works with the Ragna Jellyfish Goddess.

Now that's what i call autism.

Fan event months ago where they got the scripts for episode 22, VA's said Freyja does something "very brave". Like almost two months later, we got episode titles and episode 22 was titled "Extreme Brave". Easy to connect the dots.

Even without that you could easily fucking guess what would happen.

Freyja should unlock her Rune Pika Beam combo attack already. We need some Rune Pika Beam blowing up protocolture ruins up in this bitch.

This is not 7. And she's not Basara.

>Mikumo created the Macross Universe.
She can only be related to the star singer at this point. In one of the interview, Kawamori said that there isn't any original Protoculture in Delta so she can't be a Protoculture.

Let me dream.

>the protoculture ruins were just concert halls all along

My theory isn't really about who she is per say, but I do know she is going do die.

Mikumo is often associated with Venus Goddess, who is norse mythology (like Freyja) is Aphrodite. The most important part of the flower is the myth that says "The mirror shattered, and everywhere a piece of it landed, a Venus-looking-glass flower began to grow".

In Mikumo's art we see a bunch of Venus flowers growing, along with the leaves of the very plant and Mirrors shattering, along with triangles.

Mikumo's main role in Delta is to die and create peace for the Windermere people. When her life is shattered, their lives shall grow.

No, they were something akin to Thrint helmets: they extended mind control range.

my.mixtape.moe/ijkofa.mp4

Jellyfish can cure VAR

If only. It only it could be cured with something that is not magical singing, but pure SCIENCE.

AND

>with something that is not magical singing,
Macross is not for you.

The Queen of my heart. The apple of my eyes.

>pure SCIENCE is not awesome
Someone, call guys behind YF-21 here.

WE

WE HERE

Science is not what "fixes" things in Macross. Songs are.

>implying

Dude, you are asking the equivalent of "why Sailor Moon don't buy a gun?".

wait that means that they will end the story in the fucking movie and the artifitially stretched anime will serve as a platform to this?

No, there's a 2nd cour that would have been what the movie covered. This why the pacing is so different.

No, it says they planned to have 13 episodes as they are now (with battle for Ragna as finale) and then eventually conclude the story with a movie. But sponsors decided to add another 13 episodes instead of a movie.

No, the movie became the second cour.

That chronology a shit. Delta references a lot of stuff from DYRL, including the fucking song itself.

Hmmm. Okay. Thanks
what the fuck is this??

>Delta references a lot of stuff from DYRL
So? do you how to read that chronology?

A space tuna.

>implying the star singer isn't protoculture

Yeah, sorry. It seems I'm more autistic than I thought.

No. Like every other protoculture thing it's a genetically engeneered species. In that case, it's a subspecies of Windermerans i suppose. Protoculture are basically thrints.

Star singer were created by Protoculture i remember correctly.

When is Walkure going to be cool again?

>it's a subspecies of Windermerans i suppose
I think the star singer should pre-date Windermereans. All those ruins and Sigur Valens are made to be powered by the star singer, and that stuff pre-date Windys.

When is Delta going to do something. As a squad. Of actually competent pilots.
How? Windies live in Brisingr cluster and there's mind control network just conviniently stationed there. And Sigur Valens aka the control key of the system JUST jappens to be on Windereme. They were intented as experiment of breeding star singers, or they were made to power the system before wind singers, or they are their regressed ancestors. Basically humans in Known Space but backwards.

Full version of Heinz's song: my.mixtape.moe/gcikwc.mp3

The second part is pretty good.

The other one is better.

>How? Windies live in Brisingr cluster and there's mind control network just conviniently stationed there.
Berger info dump suggests the star singers were Protoculture songstresses who were operational as far back as 500k years ago. Back then the Windies probably didn't even exist back then.

The towers and Sigur Valens are also from back then, so they weren't meant to be used by Windies.

Why the fuck would they create windies then? They are a literal living failure compared to star singers. More like any of that
>They were intented as experiment of breeding star singers, or they were made to power the system before wind singers, or they are their regressed descedants.
makes much more sense.

The best of Delta soundtrack 1.0:

Immelmann Dance: my.mixtape.moe/racnjc.mp3
Kurage Ondo my.mixtape.moe/yoqbsj.mp3
Xaos: my.mixtape.moe/ptxjqo.mp3
Dogfight: my.mixtape.moe/rlcbzh.mp3
RHAPsody in C Minor: my.mixtape.moe/gvsttq.mp3

Why would they create humans then? Or zolan? Or cat guys? Fishmen?
Your argument is idiotic.