Jimmy Carter defends Trump in a wide-ranging New York Times interview

>In one of his first major interviews since President Donald Trump took office, former President Jimmy Carter opened up about his views on politics and cultural clashes in the Trump era.

>Speaking with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd in a piece titled "Jimmy Carter Lusts for a Trump Posting", Carter opined on a number of political topics:

>The former president said he would serve as a liaison to North Korea, and that he offered his services to Trump's national security adviser H.R. McMaster at the funeral of Zbigniew Brzezinski, an adviser who helped shape Carter's foreign policy agenda.

>Carter said the US is no longer "the dominant character in the whole world," and "we're not going to be," adding that "Russia's coming back and India and China are coming forward."

>He knocked former President Barack Obama's decision to bomb Yemen, as well as his refusal to hold more serious discussions with North Korea.

>On NFL players protesting racial injustice and bias in law enforcement by kneeling during the national anthem, Carter said players "ought to find a different way to object, to demonstrate," saying he wished players would stand during the anthem.

businessinsider.com/jimmy-carter-defends-trump-new-york-times-interview-2017-10

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/amp/article/411991/
mic.com/articles/125813/jimmy-carter-tells-oprah-america-is-no-longer-a-democracy-now-an-oligarchy#.qEYUk5619
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wtf I hate Carter now?!?!?!?

T.leftists

Carter was a shitty President but I think he's a good human being.

Surprise, Georgia gets it right again.

At least he's honest and not some virtue signalling SJW

Seems like he will be unscathed from the storm. The other Presidents are FUCKED tho.

>Bush shits on Trump
>Carter defend him
Huh.

>Carter said the US is no longer "the dominant character in the whole world," and "we're not going to be," adding that "Russia's coming back and India and China are coming forward."

BTFO

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF AMERIKEKS

YOUR EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING

The fuck
Is peanut farmer man redeemable ?

I never wanted to be world hegemon. Have fun Yuropoors.

>Carter was a shitty president

What is this meme? Last time I checked he's the only President in the last century to not start a war in office.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAH JIMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

People hated Carter because he was a man that took the blame for all his fuckups instead of what people expect from a politician. He was also deeply introspective and never one to follow things blindly just because of a letter next to someone's name.

the whole world would benefit from having china as the new superpower. the amerimongrels are driving the western civilization to the gutter with their utter dumbness and obesity

Nobody else did either. Enjoy irrelevancy and civil war

>mfw i will live in a post-US world

he was never irredeemable. he was never a good president, but he was probably one of the few in modern history who genuinely cared about his job.

he just made the mistake of telling the American people what they didn't want to hear with his ''tighten our belt" approach to the economy.

I've been saying for years that Carter is /ourguy/

theatlantic.com/amp/article/411991/

> yuropoors
t. typical obese burgerland moron. the average european is much wealthier and enjoys a much higher standard of living than the average obese burgermoron

OPEC
Put your sweater on peasant

>tfw civil war soon
can't fucking wait

Carter is an alright guy. He was arguably too weak to challenge the Beltway elites and survive a first term, but he meant well. Later after his presidency he became a vocal critic of the Israeli government and a major world peace advocate.

Turns out the worst democrat president is a republican anyway.

Of course he wants to work with McMaster. The globalists want in and they want control. And McMaster is their guy.

Fuck that faggot

And that is only and ONLY because United States' army is European's army currently.

You better pray that it stays that way.

OPEC?

I don't understand.

This is what an American president who hasn't been bought by the Jews looks like.

It's true and we should stop wasting our money on "global order' and spend our resources on what actually benefits us.

How come anyone who doesn't want to sell Eastern Europe down the river to Russia is always called a "globalist"

That's because you're a fucking moron who can't accept responsibility for his own gov't
But I hope you get your Chinese hegemony, good and hard

>>Carter said the US is no longer "the dominant character in the whole world," and "we're not going to be," adding that "Russia's coming back and India and China are coming forward."

Is he, dare I say...

it's true. America as the top world superpower ended with the War on Terror in the 00's. the 00's were the last decade America was the unquestioned superpower both militarily and ideologically. But while the Commander in Chief was busy fighting terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan, the homefront back on the mainland was already crumbling under it's own weight. And the 2008 economic collapse signaled the end of America as we knew it.

These days, the ONLY reason we are still the top dog superpower, is because we have the most powerful military in the world, and a reputation for overthrowing governments that threaten us.

We've got a long way to go before culturally and economically we can ever be a superpower again like we used to be.

Wrong lol, you're below us in wealth, education, and influence
Italians are shitskind basically

>because we have the most powerful military in the world
luckily the gap between 1st and 2nd most powerful armies is a huge one

but i guess that gap itself is only *borrowed time* for U.S. if they don't fix their shit.

>Zbigniew Brzezinski,
Council on Foreign Relations king pin!

/OurPeanutFarmer/

dog bless

well its not just a matter of power, but size. we have a huge military, bigger than like the next 3 countries combined. It helps that the US is a very large country compared to any Western European country individually. And we actually never stop investing in them, while Europe has been in a sort of phase for the past generation where their armies have sort of stagnated, if they have them at all anymore thanks to the European Union and Nato.

That's another thing. UN and Nato troops and equipment are usually almost entirely ours.

Yeah you are EU/Europe's army

Not at all. Carter expresses ideas above a 2nd grade level. I, and every progressive, agrees that bombing yemen was bad. I disagree with the nfl comment, but can I where he's coming from. Trump just shamelessly shills nationalism for (you)s.

>carter
>worst democrat president
Not by a long shot. Hell, I wouldn't even say that he's the worst Democrat since the 1970s, just the most... inefficient one.
The worst Democratic President of all time is obviously up for debate, but I'd give that honor to Wilson myself.

I was talking about the average person's quality of life you literal brainlet. unless we're talking about ivy league schools, your college system sucks, your healthcare is third world-tier unless you're at least a double digit millionaire, if you're just a working-class poorfag you're much better off in europe healthcare-wise, your environment is much more polluted than europe's, you're a bunch of obese sacks of shit and you're the most blacked country on earth. shut the fuck up and have some shame for your sorry excuse for a country

we don't need burgerland's army. burgerland's army (and the NATO, for that matter) is on european borders only to serve US interests, not to protect us. no one is scared by russia other than few establishment retards. i for one would prefer russia and china over having US armies in our territory, so fuck off

supporting the president and reminding people that we are not intrinsically guaranteed to remain great are good enough for me

kek. people here call it patriotism when they bend over for their corporate masters. cannot wait for the collapse of this decadent country.

Carter was (and presumably still is) an openly devout Christian when he was elected.

Post presidency, he's been active with humanitarian issues and was heavily instrumental with Habitat for Humanity. Back when Florida got slammed with hurricanes (yes, it has happened regularly), his houses withstood the devastation far better than 'standard built homes' because his homes didn't take short cuts.

someone's jealous

Sup Forums has always respected Carter.

He is mostly hated by boomers because the TV told them he was responsible for the malaise in the 70s. In reality he was one of the few modern presidents to actually tell the truth, and one of the few to actually try to do his job and serve the people (not (((them)))). He spoke to the people with a vocabulary above middle school english so most retards thought he was "aloof" or something. He was also unlucky to be president at the start of our decline, which wasn't his fucking fault in the least.

if you hate carter because "worst president ever", and thing ronnie raygun was jesus 2.0, you just might be a fucking boomer faggot.

Jimmy Carter got massive amounts of deregulation through government and some lolbertardians give the credit of Carters economic policy as the impetus for Reagans early rosy years, which I think makes sense in some ways

Israel hated Carter too

yeah, it's kinda funny how the whole libertarian movement has degenerate into a corporate's cocksucking shitfest. it's a bit of a shame because i used to like them

yes burgy, i'm jelly of your junk food. coping much?

Holy shit dowd is such a bitch..

>He doesn't understand why Trump is promoting nationalism as hard as he can.

U.S. is fractured to all hell and back thanks to past 16 years and Trump victory, half the voters (not half of the people) elected a man diametrically opposed nearly in every way to the candidate that won the PV that was the perceived winner and the person who most people (by count) liked. They can't understand why, they don't understand the state they live in. There needs to be unity and its either in MAGA or IMPEACH, if the impeachment gets acted out for real that's a larger fracture in the people and politics and social life of U.S., maybe civil unrest, maybe civil war. and come civil war U.S. stops existing and fractures to irrelevancy.

Can anyone redpill me on Jimmy Carter?

I think he was making a joke about Bush

jews hate him, they love reagan

wonder why

I wish neogaf were still up so I could see them turn on him.

>we don't need burgerland's army
Dear lord.

Do you understand how strong Russia's army is in comparison to Europe? Leaked German NATO report and Pentagon think tank put it:

>“NATO’s ability to logistically support rapid reinforcement in the strongly expanded territory of the European commander’s area of responsibility has atrophied since the end of the Cold War,” the report said, according to Der Spiegel.

>Russia is estimated to have the military capacity to overrun NATO forces in the Baltics in as little as 36 hours, according to a report from American think tank Rand Corporation. NATO has vastly reinforced its presence on Russia’s doorstep in recent years, but defense ministers call for a modernization of the alliance.

That's 36 hours Russia needs to take east Europe only.

>I'd prefer Russia
found the useful idiot

>mic.com/articles/125813/jimmy-carter-tells-oprah-america-is-no-longer-a-democracy-now-an-oligarchy#.qEYUk5619

senile

Carter dropped redpills. His Crisis of Confidence speech is literally telling people to wake the fuck up and stop being whining fucks. He points out that the US literally just put a moon on the fucking moon a decade earlier and suddenly everyone thinks the end is near for no real reason.

you can take the junk food; i don't eat it.

at least i have near unlimited choices on food quality because I actually have discretionary spending

Very surprised by Carter's positions.

I thought he was a generic leftist airhead, but he seems to at least have his own take on things rather than the official NTtimes positions.

I know he's critic of Israel, so I suspect he's concerned about the cultural rot since the jews took power in the US.

This.

I think his worst thing was actually believing that Arafart wanted peace. As we all know now, he died with terrorist cash sticking out of every pocket. To this day, I think that Carter truly believes if he/we had just been nicer, the mideast would be all ponies and flowers by now.

this is a problem only as long as you prefer the US hegemony over sino-russian hegemony over europe. as i've already stated above, I for one prefer to switch to a sino-russian axis of power. the NATO exists only to serve the US goals in the european region, it doesn't advocate european interests.

> found the useful idiot
yes m8 keep buying the US koolaid, how's that working out for europe? so far we're suffering from a massive refugees crisis that was caused by US interventionism in middle-east and the fucking US, which is the main actor of the whole shitstorm, is not doing jack shit to help us fix what they've created in the first place. again, the US can go fuck itself. also, its economy is in a bubble so the sooner we go with the chinese the better

Never liked Carter politically, but he always seemed like a really decent guy.

>I think his worst thing was actually believing that Arafart wanted peace. As we all know now, he died with terrorist cash sticking out of every pocket. To this day, I think that Carter truly believes if he/we had just been nicer, the mideast would be all ponies and flowers by now.

So was I. On average we are wealthier and even our mediocre schools outdo your best. Lol at an Italian bringing up the ivy league, as if I would ever compare you with those schools.
>shitskin posts white american girl

Nice argument, user!

Ah, that obviously went over my head. Their meme flag led me to believe they were one of those leftists who believe that anyone not blindly defending the left is a Republican.
This. Normies are still disillusioned from the Obama years about how much we've fallen as a superpower.
Either they're shitting on America themselves, or they do a complete 180 and say things like "wtf, america is already great" when Trump and others point out how we're headed in a disastrous direction as a result of leftist policies.

>so far we're suffering from a massive refugees crisis that was caused by US interventionism in middle-east

Wars displacing population doesn't mean that states long ways from the war should accept the displaced populations.

EU accepted them and opened their borders. They didn't need forcing.

>Trump just shamelessly shills nationalism for (you)s.

Oh no, how dare the president represent the interests of his country.

Wtf, I hate peanuts now

>it doesn't advocate european interests
Yeah, outside of being the only credible military threat to Russia (well, Britain and France are nuke states but with laughable traditional army)

>american calling others shitskin

huehehehehehehe

>shitskin posts white american girl
> t. burgermoron who is too broke to travel out of his third world shithole and see that italy is a much whiter country than the US ever was
can't really blame ya mate, better save for your healthcare

This

VENGENCE!

>participate in middle eastern bombings
>accept refugees
>duh ebil US
Kek'd, italopoverty education

precisely

I unno about him but I'm pretty fucking white.

i just said that i prefer a sino-russian axis of power and you keep bringing up russia as it was a problem to me. it's not, and that's the whole point. fuck NATO.

> (well, Britain and France are nuke states but with laughable traditional army)
britain, france, germany and italy military spending per year is far greater than russia's

Italy much like entire Mediterranean area is a shit hole in itself.

Why is this area such a fucking shit hole.

>h-healthcare
That's one way to admit defeat, just wish you'd been more honorable about it. But I guess it's all I should expect from an Arab-sad!

Russian power is direct problem for European's interests, that is unless you are gay for Vlad

Carter also says in this interview that he doesn't believe Russia made any impact on the election, and that instead, Americans just didn't vote for Hillary, that Americans didn't want her.

He said that he and his wife voted for Sanders.
He said that Obama said a lot of great promises then reneged on them once in office and wasn't a good president.
And he nailed the NFL anthem/flag thing.

Grenada doesnt count.

you should read guns of the south

it's basically that picture except with aks

Pres. Carter is the only living ex-POTUS I respect.

I wish (((Reagan))) had lost.

Hope so. It's killing us.

>Carter said the US is no longer "the dominant character in the whole world," and "we're not going to be,"

This must be how the Emperor Romulus felt when Rome fell, or more appropriately Emperor Constantine XI when Constantinople fell

>the Western Roman Empire being the British Empire and later the Eastern Roman being the American Empire

Not suprising. Remember that Trump opposed Bush during his election, and made Jeb look like a fool. Or rather an even bigger fool.

I thought Carter was entirely anti-Trump during the election and wanted to assassinate him.

That is actually false user. The majority of US states have higher average annual disposable income than even Germany, let alone the PIG counties.

> shithole
> 5th place in the world tourism rankings
sounds like lot of people want to come to this shithole

nice ad hominem faggot, and of course the zionist america really has europe's interest at heart amirite? please tell me more about it

I still like Carter desu; He always struck me as a good goy who just was incompetent

carter has always been a man of principles

>YOUR EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING
Good, now we can reform

Oh yeah, not get all /lit/ but The Hornet's Nest: A Novel of the Revolutionary War by Carter is really good historical fiction.

He knows if he bashes Trump then god will take his life

Nope. Reagan. Try again.