Danberu nan kiro moteru?

How many Kilos is the Dumbbell you lift?

New chapter is out of cute girls lifting cute weights in order to leave humanity behind!

Traaaanslaatoooorr~

Previous two chapters are on Batato thanks to last month's thread!
bato.to/comic/_/comics/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru-r19600

Other urls found in this thread:

urasunday.com/dumbbell/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What may happen in this chapter?

How is our muscle-fetish ojou going to get her eye-candy?

And yet, after an hour, how is it not dumped? Don't start a thread if you can't get it going.

You guessed it: SQWATTS

T-that's a big bubble butt...

Remember, don't skip leg day.

And that's chapter 3! Seems this is a monthly.

urasunday.com/dumbbell/index.html

No interest? Thursday evening and no one likes lewd lifting?

Should I dump the previous two translated chapters?

No harm in it, I guess.

How demure!

So pure-hearted!

Who will become the amazon?

I have to imagine both will. Our Ojou has the backing and desire, but our gyaru is so full of potential! See how she bulks? That's just talent!

And look at their friendly community of supportive friends and trainers!

On the other hand...maybe the gyaru will tolerate this, but I just dunno about that refined girl with traditional senses and beauty...

End of Chapter 1

Admission and gym fees are done, so what will their fresh-faced and refreshing trainer help them with on their first lesson?

Chapter 2!

Did the gyaru briefly achieve super saiyan?

Maybe her battle instincts kicked in and she recognized a man worth training for.

Macho little head when exposing his buff body is kinda disturbing to watch.

It's the contrast that some may find exciting.

How's the form check from any /fit/izens browsing? Also applies to the squats in the raw chapter above.

What a nice guy.

Ojou thinks he has very striking muscles, it seems.

Goddamn that's thigh.

...and that's all that's been translated!

How will our teen girls achieve their desired physiques? Do they even lift? How many scoops?

She's simply showing you the targeted muscle groups of a squat. Nothing out of the ordinary.

>Strongest macho folk ever!
Machojou really could play both fields, I bet. She's taken a strong interest in the bulking gyaru.

It's every 2 weeks.

Also, ch 3 extra page from phone app.

I must living slowly. And that' good news, though! Nice grab on the extra page, what is she drinking?

Some kinda protein drink

g a i n s
a
i
n
s

That's a really tough manga title to translate.

ダンベル何キロ持てる?
Danberu nan kiro moteru?

It clearly says dumbbell
It clearly asks what
Kilo is likely kilogram and not kilometer. Either way, it's just the 1000 prefix.
Moteru when spelled like that is "be popular" but the kanji is "to hold" or "be in possession of" or "able to hold."

So the English translation becomes tricky if not done literally.
"Dumbbells: How Many Kilos Is Popular?"
"Dumbbells: How Many Kilos Can Be Held?"
"How Much Do I Lift To Be Popular?"
"How Much Can I Lift?"
"Is Lifting Popular?"
"What Dumbbell Weight Is Popular?"
"Is It Popular to Hold Kg Dumbbells?"

Since it's about a girl trying to lose weight but uncertain about lifting (yet intrigued, especially her muscle-fetish friend), the translation "What Weight Is Popular?" makes the most sense, but it's not the most accurate. You know, since girls care about "weight" so much and this manga is about a chubby gyaru who wants to lose it and a himecut ojou that wants to gain it, but in reality it all has to do with their figure and their method is weightlifting instead of diet or cardio.

...or maybe my Japanese sucks too much.

Girls Gettin' Gains
Gyaru Gains

>protein drink
>in a frosty, huge, 1 L mug
Just blew my mind, broski

>walking the path of muscles
Megumin plz

Because M̶a̶c̶h̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ Machio also has a protien bar apparently? Hence the bowtie and bar paraphernalia

>Ralph Machismo a bartender
>not a wet bar
>a protein bar
I'm fuckin' taking crazy pills this shit is subtle

Aw nice.

I think it's along the lines of "How many kilos can you take on the dumbbell" but the verb is probably conjugated like that for wordplay on the popularity meaning?

>tfw Typesetter-guy never fixed that one mistake and I couldn't do it myself since I don't know the font

>THE AGE OF THICK & GAP MOE PURE WAIFUS ARE UPON US

what a time to be alive

>I dunno lol

Yeah, the pun on popularity and weight and lifting all being the same word is clearly there but I'm so disappointed it can't sit well for translation. I wonder what the author would okay for an English translation.

I really really wanted that "striking" being used for the muscle description as that is literally the PERFECT word for the translation and it got overlooked somehow.

Alola pokegirl is muscle-ojou?

Do girls actually like muscles?

Is there a download for the translated chapters?

Something looser like We like how many kilos on the dumbbells?
>"What Dumbbell Weight Is Popular?"

Hmm. I'll have to sleep on it

My little Dumbells can't be this Kilograms

>We'd like what weight of dumbbell

I like this

They like muscle definition and height. If you are a manlet you should lay off the weights and try to grow a personality instead.

This pleases my dick. Thanks.

Typesetter here. What mistake? Maybe I didn't see it with all the other mixed post on last thread.

shots fired

Changing "Hitting muscle" to "striking muscles" in . It has the double meaning of being functional striking muscles and visually striking muscles.

I suppose you could also change "with the face" to with a nice/pretty/good-looking/striking" face, but I'm not sure we ever agreed what was a good translation there.

I dunno about the other user but I was referring to this page
>My sister always told me this. "Pick the men who have hitting muscle over those with the face"
I felt it should be
>My sister always told me this, "Pick men with striking muscles over those with a handsome face."
Or perhaps "striking face" but that sounds bad. And "handsome" is used later anyway.

Also, I really appreciate the work you did last thread. I felt it was terrific, fast and well done. This little stuff like "mistakes" is really, really nitpicky and means hardly anything in the grand scheme of things. Thank you for your work!

oops, but yeah exactly

The last thread, those types of well-worked muscles were called "hitting muscles" literally, since you generally used them when hitting things with a hammer, a tree with an axe, a ball with a bat. Luckily, "striking" and "hitting" are synonyms in English with the former having a WONDERFUL double meaning of "outstanding" "recognizable" "abnormally good" which is perfect as a more refined term to use for the ojou-sama. Having "striking features/striking good looks" is a common thing to sound a bit snooty but well-meaning and honest for a girl to say about a classically gorgeous man. It's just a wonderful translation not just because it works so well in English but also because it's LITERAL from the Japanese as well. A hidden little gem for those in the know.

>Do girls actually like muscles?

yes, though to varying degrees. some are into serious muscles some are into definition. no one is into pasty unmuzzled weaklings, or manlets.

When you consider how disgusting men are, in general as a sex, how horrendous they look, you really have to marvel at the capacity of a woman's heart to love you even if you look like a 4'10" bowling ball and have bad BO.

Of course that's assuming she isn't just using you as a wallet. lots of women are like that.

I'll fix it and upload a v2 then.

> Also, I really appreciate the work you did last thread. I felt it was terrific, fast and well done.
Thank you user you're making me blush.

My apologies

>Cool looking slits eyes
Slit or slitted, not slits?

>she makes super conscious
she makes *me super conscious

>That's why I wanted to lose only what I ate through excercise
fug
I think it's closer to "That's why I want to exercise, so I'll burn as much as I eat"

>There's no point of you neglect your food intake
*if you neglect

Also some dude said stuff in the enemy thread but it's more for the translator. Anyways I'm loving this, thanks dude

Not that guy but thank you too, user. I have the know-how to typeset but having actually tried to do a chapter a while back made me realize doing it requires good patience, which I don't have.

You called me?

I don't see translations here so I'm guessing they haven't been done yet?

It seems nobody worked on it yet so I guess I'm still on the job.

Yeah got it. I did bad in my writing classes back in college and it shows now. Proofreading is always nice

I suppose if we go that route I can enjoy the language game:

>Cool looking slits eyes
>Slit or slitted, not slits?
Technically, it would be slitted. However, "cool looking" is supposed to be treated as a compound adjective since it acts as a single idea and prefaces a noun, so it is hyphenated. Thus, "slitted" can be used.
"Cool-looking slitted eyes"
or
"Cool-looking slit-eyes"
...though "slit-eyes" (and even slitted eyes) have a negative and harsh tone rather than the dignified and praising tone that the gyaru is giving the refined ojou beauty.

>she makes super conscious
>she makes *me super conscious
And even one step further, it's "she makes me super self-conscious"
It is certainly "self-conscious" and not just "conscious" since she immediately follows her thought with "I cannot" so she's thinking of herself and not her surroundings.

I'm really, really just being a grammar hound and even then, it's totally unnecessary beyond some mistakes. Plus, many mistakes of language fit the style of speech the gyaru has in Japanese. She's pretty laid back, a little harsh and undignified. Especially when compared to the ojou smart girl.

I'd sure just love it if ya could translate chapter 3 raws!

No worries, you should've seen the typos I made typing that up. If you translated I just think you goofed the 分だけ a little, everything else is fine.

>she makes me super self-conscious
You're right, thank you.

Here I go I guess, if nobody seems to have started yet.

Chapter 3: Squats

June

"So the time to change clothes has finally come"
"Since it's stupidly hot this year~ It's way too humid"
[Box] Ice Candy (Soda flavor) 69kcal
[Below box] Sakura Hibiki

"Ahhh, it's soo goood"

"Hey, Hibiki. Is your--"

That form is bad. Like, you'd fall backward if you attempted to "sit in a chair" like that. It's really just because she's not drawn leaning forward enough. If her arms were drawn outstretched or she was performing a front squat, maybe. She'd just fall over with her back at that angle.

Oh awesome. Thanks dude! When yer done, I might do a proofread if you aren't offended. I'll probably go to bed soon, though, so maybe not.

Keep up the good work, Sup Forums can be a great place sometimes!!

"Is your... zipper at it's limit there?"
"Huh?"
Snapping SFX

"Actually wait! Your ass too!! Your butt!!!"
"It's really close to exploding there!!!"
"Don't treat a person's body as a hazard!!!!!"

Shit! I knew I it got tighter from last year...
But if we're in summer uniform, my indulgent body really gets emphasized!!!!!

....I got it!!!!!
[Box] Ice candu (2nd one) 69kcal
I'l definitely lose some weight over some break!!!!!!!
And get hit on at the beach!!

I'm not offended, go ahead.

Silverman Gym

"Today we're gonna do some squats!"
Trainer: Machio Naruzou
"And you're naked again!!??"
How long are we gonna drag the story from last time for!?

"Squats... I heard of them before"
"It's what those pro wrestlers do, right? [Bottom] Squats"

"Oh, Machio-san"
Wore his clothes
"Oh, Akemi isn't coming today?"

"Ohh! Souryuuin-san already started her training"

Here are corrections