ITT: Early art of mangaka

Preferably art that is completely different to their style nowadays. Could be the beginning of a long series, could be a super early one.
Pic related is up for you all to guess.

20 years and he still can't draw feet

>Preferably art that is completely different to their style nowadays
Sure.

am i the only one that thinks his art turned real bad from negima to uq holder

Holy Shit is this from Noboyuki Fukumoto ?! The guy who also made pic related ?!!!

Here's Kitahara Aki's debut doujin, his first Sailor Venus doujin, and his most recent Sailor Venus doujin.

Daisuke Igarashi. It's actually interesting to compare it to his more modern work. The differences are substantial, but both are unmistakably coming from the same man.

Miura.

Syun Matsuena
This is from one of the first stories that were published.
"The Gate to Valhalla" (1996)

Berserk Miura? That's a little amateurish but it's in no way as ugly as Berserk.

I like this thread but I have nothing to contribute with.

Not at all. I thought Love Hina was his peak. Now everything he does feels likemass-produced, computer-generated shales that happen to be modelled after the anime character archetypes with the highest approval rating.

He went full digital with UQ Holder and his art looked really flat in the first volumes,but it's quite good now

He was never good.

How about Kaworu Watashiya? Here's a random page from her first series that came out in 1992.

And here's a page from her current series.

It got worse, in a way. His older art has more character.

Is that the one with the lesbian who keeps trying to drug and rape the MC's love interest?

I am amazed by this in several ways.

>his
I am a fan of her work, but her art style has always been on the generic side. Her early 90s art looked very typical for gag manga of the time.
Yes, that one.

Hamada Yoshikazu's shift from nice simple-ish cartoony to even better drawn and lewd

Wait how long does comiket exist 90 years?
If so are you telling me that guy has been drawing hentai doujins for 55 years?

Look up the early art of the INNOCENT guy.

Mamoru Nagano in '86, first volume of FSS.

There are 2 Comiket events a year, it's been going since 1975. I honestly don't know why the next one's 91 after 41 years.

To FSS Vol 13 which came out last year.

The recent stuff he does is really insane

Forgot to mention, it's the same character in both.

To be honest though, it feels more like a stylistic change than an improvement. Here's something from '89.

And now the same scene from volume 13.

And when it comes to the mecha, it's also somewhat of a downgrade. Not just the design, but the quality of the drawings as well.

Another scene from volume 3.

Uhh.. that's clearly from Otokojuku by Akira Miyashita. Even says so in the file name.

To volume 13. It looks much more plastic-y now.

Looks more like the transition to digital to me.

Bucchigiri

Otokogumi

His art has changed a lot since Otokogumi (1974)
Mangaka is Ryouichi Ikegami

I prefer Saeki Shun's older works tb*h

>20 years and he still can't write a good series beyond 10 good chapters or so
His best work is still the Itsudatte my Santa oneshot
He really sucks at writing series

Eiji Masuda.

What the shit?
How can one's art-style change so fast in one year?

Takashi Shiina

No clue. I was surprised when I looked up the dates and found out the series is at least semi-weekly. Volume 1 was printed in 2013, and 9 in 2014. No idea how that works.

Kek, I love Mitsuru Adachi. Putting aside his sameface syndrome, I like he pretty much mantained his style over the years and didn't evolve to a worst version.

>blamevsknightsofsidonia.jpg

This reminds of of City Hunter.

What the...

And this wasn't even a weekly series as far as I knew.

I don't know if it's worse or better now. It looks okay in both cases.

This brings me nostalgia.

This is not how you post an image.

prob his editors influence, technically he's mostly at the same level but his style has more mass appeal

I'm assuming this is Raita, but something about the faces looks oddly like Kitoh's style.

I think his designs have also gone downhill, regardless of digital stuff. He seems to have decided that spindly alien-looking things are the way to go for both humans and robots. Same goes for the Gothicmade design.

Evolution of the colossal titan (200?/2009/2016)

His style got more fujo friendly. All the guys are now ikemen.

I just can't take this shit seriously, why the fuck does it have 6 gorillion teeth?

Why not?

It looks like a somewhat normal numer of teeth for a human. It just doesnt have cheeks covering them

What humans are you the dentist of?

Nigga, what kind of fucking monster mouth do you have?

Funny how his art rebooted at the beginning of Brynhildr.

Definitely improved a lot.

Holy shit did Togashi really draw such a thicc fucking hottie?

Please kill yourself.

Epic xD

Araki has had a long, long history of changing his style. Looking at his earlier works, even Baoh, which was released just before Phantom Blood, shows you how much he's changed since then.

Fuck off Bertolt.

Shame his art is worse now.

Ha, I actually like the earliest look.

C56 Mogudan

C90 Mogudan
I hate "Present day" Mogudan

Hasn't he been doing those megamilk Rei doujins for more than a decade now?