Does any series have powerlevels more ridiculous than Toriko?

Does any series have powerlevels more ridiculous than Toriko?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangareader.net/toriko/196/4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God of highschool.
Started out as average human martial arts level > Planet level and FTL speed

Not quite average. The guys were shattering concrete and cutting down groups of trees with single strikes.

Bastard!! I guess. Haven't read Toriko, just seems like a fair bet.

basically, what went wrong with toriko?

The author isn't on cancellation watch?

>implying this isn't the most fun you had reading a shounen in a long time
It's pure unadultered hype every week now, it's the only manga right now I'm looking forward to, don't care it's ridiculous or not

Hey this looks familiar.

>hype

This is why everything you like ends up being shit in the end, because all it has is hype that can never be delivered on and no substance.

>basically, what went wrong with toriko?
Pacing. It set up this whole elaborate world and a sequence of how they were going to explore it, then rushed through it at express speed. Gourmet ingredients just became powerups, no descriptions of their deliciousness. Entire sections of the world were traversed in little time when they weren't dealt with offscreen. Significant plot points (like how all the heroes' Appetite Devils used to be planet-destroying space monsters) were brought up nonchalantly and promptly ignored. Characters get major powerups every few chapters.

There's also the fact that Toriko and Komatsu are super OP compared to the rest of the cast, which came partially because neither of them had a specific overarching gimmick like any of the other hunters or chefs. Toriko kept getting new abilities which were all over the place. Komatsu was eventially given the speciality of "simplified cooking", which could reasonably be interpreted as "make easier versions of super-advanced gourmet recipes so that anyone can enjoy them" but instead turned into "Komatsu can easily cook any recipe better than the people who specialize in it, in a millionth of the standard time, and it'll be the most delicious version of that ingredient in recorded history".

Toriko is at final battle stage, all it has is hype now. But comparably it is one of the best executed hypes

To aru majutsu no index series.

What does Gourmet Luck do?

Can Toriko characters beat characters with conceptual abilities like Kumagawa or Anshin from Medaka Box?

>What does Gourmet Luck do?
Nobody knows what Gourmet Luck does. All we know is that he was hit with a planet-scale super spank and was fine in the next panel.

>Can Toriko characters beat characters with conceptual abilities like Kumagawa or Anshin from Medaka Box?
A few Toriko characters have crazy conceptual abilities too. There's one guy who had a power called Minority World which lets him control random chance to make the improbable probable. It lets him do basically anything because quantum physics. Midora (the guy in the pic) survived it by stopping his own heart, which made his survival improbable and thus guaranteed.

Then he learned to copy it, because that's something he can do.

That's also how he got his Gourmet Luck. Someone used it to attack him, he survived and learned to copy their luck. Because that's something he can do.

an attack can land perfectly, or decent, or ok, or slightly off target.. etc
You can parry / block an attack and dont get damage, sometimes you do get damage, sometimes somebody just breaks your guard, etc.

With Gourmet Luck you always draw out the best possible version of what is possible. Somebody throws 100 knives at you? They all miss their target by a millimeter.
Having pure LUCK beats training, power and talent. Basically he increases his luck and therefore is giving his opponents a shitload of bad luck.

>There's one guy who had the power Minority World
>There's one guy
>one guy
>guy

If ya cant remember his name, which was even mentioned in the last chapter, you are suffering from a slight mental retardation.

Medaka Box.

Is that wannbe dragon's balls?

TTGL

>Komatsu is super OP
This. Wasn't he like 40th in the chefs ranking in Cooking Festival arc? Now it seems that in a year he became the greatest of all time by a decent margin.

Hax chuuni bullshit won't save you if you are too slow (Anshin is the exception)

Komatsu's super cooking skills would be significantly more palatable if we saw him actually go through the process of figuring out how to cook ingredients. Just saying "oh, that's so difficult, what amazing skill" isn't the same as when they tell us what the cooking process actually is and show us how he figures out other ways to cook it.

It wasn't too bad when they got AIR and he figured out that he could prep it for cooking by finding exactly the right spot to cut so all the air came out safely and didn't deplete the flavor.

Then he did the just-poke-it-in-the-right-spot thing to PAIR and we didn't even get to learn how it's supposed to be prepared because that one poke made a flood of super-delicious ready-to-drink soup just gush out of it, no preparation required.

Then they got to ANOTHER, and he didn't even have to catch it because it just flopped down on the plate out of respect for his cooking skills, and he took a process that was supposed to take hundreds of thousands of years (though we didn't learn any details of it) and reduced it to mere decades (and we don't get any details of how he did it). That was just plain bullshit.

The manga didn't do this so much at the beginning. I wish they still did things like the Puffer Whale arc or the Ozone Grass arc where we actually saw the cooking and eating. Now cooking skill is treated like power levels and food is just powerups.

>Tenchi Muyo
>Saint Seiya
>Bastard
>Dragon Ball
These 4 have really fast power level escalation
Actually from the start the director guy pasted an island because there were two assholes on it

Legal plot armor
Author has to rush it I think, too bad since I really want to have more material on Gourmet world, the Human world alone already has so many interesting things

>Nobody knows what Gourmet Luck does

Yes we do. Gourmet Luck is an ability that allows the user to have OP luck.
On OP Acacia sent that attack to Midora. There was like 0.00001% chance of his attack missing and Gourmet Luck made it happen.

It basically means that no attack can reach you. It's so OP that I actually don't know how can one bypass it, even with all these bs powers we've seen already.

>It's so OP that I actually don't know how can one bypass it, even with all these bs powers we've seen already
>inb4 Neo eats Gourmet Luck

>inb4 Neo eats Gourmet Luck

but that's not even an attack directed at him
>inb4 Neo can eat concepts

also did anyone understand what was the deal with frohze reincarnation?
is she joie? what is going there?

Imagine Bleach, but instead of ignoring plot points, you just hand wave them away with a one page explanation. Also, pacing.

I think it's like haki, or chi, in which you only have a limited "amount" of gourmet luck to use.

So are you trying to tell me Frohze just... ran out of luck?

meruem capture level?

pobably several thousands
definitely not on a kings level but still top tier

What I want to know is how Acacia just don't one show midora at this point

Midora is OP as fuck. He was strong before, then he got Minority World and Food Luck, and also ate most of the items in the full course.

that fucking bird that solved the world hunger problem

i never expected acacia to be the big bad

Bird was stupid in a way but is part of Ichiryuu's legacy to Human World plus it cemented Toriko and Rin's marriage. Gotta have another hungry kid with scars inheriting the appetite

Meruem is shit tier in Toriko, reminder he got btfo by a human nuke, now look what Mount Turtle (CL 100) says to nukes :
mangareader.net/toriko/196/4

People are STILL reading this shit?

Pre-timeskip Toriko could solo him easily.
In current power rankings he would be an insect.

>I want info dumps

What if Toriko and Starjun are Midoras and Froeses children instead of Acacias?
Midora fapped over the Froeses grave and his gourmet seed ended in Froese through osmosis.

Medaka box was clever with it's powerlevel wankery.

Shit tier compared to saint seiya/bastard, if toriko gets a space arc then it'll be a match.

He moves somewhere in the range of the speed of sound, so he'd be above the human world but well below the top of the Gourmet World. His biggest feat is blowing up a mountain with Yupi's lasers, but Toriko has been blowing up mountains with punches since Food Honour. Considering that the Four Beast destroyed the entire human military and tanked multiple nuclear level strikes, while Meruem got taken out by a suitcase nuke, he's probably capture level 90 or so.

Or Froese had a lover as well.

Toriko is all ready on Dragon balls level user

>several thousands
kek. not even close

He would be in the 100s max. He has done nothing worth notice when compared to toriko powerlevels. HxHfags get out

Not anymore. DB now has universe destroying punches.
Yup.
That's what catapulted Goku waaay above most Superman versions (save some shit like Thought Robot)

Didn't they all ready explain that peopel with Gorument cells couldn't have kids though? How the fuck does Acica have one.

user please you're trying too hard here.

Nigger Toriko has been able to hit for infinity for a long ass time now let me know goku can.

so are you implying Toriko and Starjun are Acacia's wife's sons?

The mother snake, who is basically nothing now compared to Acacia/Midora/Neo, was FTL.

40 something first form, 80 after powering up

Nope.

Trying to hard what? That's what was happening in Super when Goku fought Beerus. Granted, I haven't been following it at all, but last I heard Goku got faster than time or something stupid.

Yes, but does that destroy the universe? I don't think you know how fucking retarded a punch is that can destroy the universe. It's not hax, it's not magic or anything. It's just straight up attack power.

Which makes Goku nearly unmatched in a fight of universal entities when it comes to raw strength, but absolute shit tier when fighting something that actually has dumb hax, like Tenchi or some shit.

The fucking dragon king who is nothing now can shoot a lazor into space that goes for lightyears destroying anything in it's path. It can even break deminisons like that. Lets not even talk about the whale kign who swallos people into literally puragatory and its mouth is a black whole or the fucking deer king who can condence time so much millions upon millions of years can past by in seconds and control the time so well he can have his minions fight you and them not be effected by it. Why the fuck do Dbfags always have to shit post without knowing all the power levels. The 8 kings alone would murder Beerus and goku.

Shit tier, call me when Toriko has Universe busting punches.

Goku wouldn't be able to power up with the deer king around you fucking pleb.

You've yet to show me something that can actually hurt Goku at all when he can just finger flick them and kill them with the ridiculous universe destroying shock wave.

It does sound like Toriko has hax, but that doesn't mean shit when there's some absolutely ridiculous bullshit out there in anime world.ยจ

Also, I got another one that absolutely dumpsters Toriko.

Digimon. Much harder than Dragonball even.

Is toriko as shit as everyone says it is. Has it really lived passed it's expiration date or is it ok

No son it took Goku SSGB Kaioken to by pass 10 seconds of fucking time. He does not have the power to by pass millions of years in a spilt second. Deer king is beyond broken in any fucking world you want to compare him too and lets not even bring the wolf or crow king into this. Unless goku can glow brighter then the sun all his thoughts and life would be wiped away under the crow kings shadow.

It's really just as shit as everyone says. Jump tried really hard to make it the next big thing when it came out on the pretenses that it had some similarities with OP and DB, but it's really- well, let's put it this way. It manages to not even be fun, when that should be the only thing it'd have to be good at. No one expected a good story from Toriko, but man, does it fuck up at parts where it really shouldn't have.

>goku has universe bursting punches
>still nothing compared to hit who can stop time for less then a second
Guess what, Toriko characters are basically hit on steroids x1000. Sorry, if the Hit fight never happened you'd be right. I don't know why you don't just bring up Xeno-sama, the true bullshit that has no counter though.

Using Digimon isn't fair at fucking all. It's legitimately one of the strongest fictional universes ever.

TTGL goes from mini-mecha to mecha that are big enough to somehow throw galaxies. In the movie the mecha get even bigger.

In-universe it happens in a really short time frame.

Midora's ability is basically Medaka's The End. Since it can also capture bullshit like Gourmet luck, it's even on-par with endgame Medaka's version.

Unlike Medaka he doesn't seem able to improve the original ability though, then again, he never even tried.

Neo can eat all the force punch as and keep going. His stomach is literally a portal to a never ending abyss.

hax beats raw power

It had amazing worldbuilding

>implying end of series toriko won't eat concepts itself

>universe destroying shock wave

They eat it, also torikoverse is nowhere near their strongest.
Neo can already eat supernova level attacks and it gets fodderized by wing oni which was killed by something even stronger.

>hax beats raw power
Not in DB faggots

>didn't they all ready explain that peopel with Gorument cells couldn't have kids though?

I don't think so. Never heard of this.

>Supernova level attacks

No it can't, that was a shitty supernova said by it's creator to be nothing compared to the real one, just a small fraction.

>Toriko thread turns into DB vs Toriko powerlevel wanking
At least it's not the weekly chapter thread, but still

The shitty OP is also to blame

I love dragon Ball as much as the next guy but what you're posting isn't even canon. Just stop

Go reread jirou vs te blue nitro

Not him, but what are you talking about?

Of course it's canon.

>but what you're posting isn't even canon. Just stop
Yes it is, besides the anime is the same why do you think Hit couldn't timeleap on SSBx10?

So Vegeta not being able to lift 1000 tons is canon?

Goku did not beat hit, and he didn't surpass him. So "hax" didn't lose to raw power, no matter how much you think it can.

I thought it applied to Jirou only since he ate them. He didn't have his own Demon.

>Goku did not beat hit,
He gave up because he wanted to fight him without the rules.

>So "hax" didn't lose to raw power,
It did.

>Digimon
I heard it's super powerful verse. What about Pokemon verse?

That doesn't count

Pokemon gets kinda questionable since the feats of the most powerful pokemon get vague or are based off lore at best.

>Power greater than Hax
Same with the Dragon Balls.

>that universe destroying schockwave
People keep forgetting it was a result of a clash of full powered punches of Goku and Beerus. Goku alone couldn't give such feat.

Neo got stronger, mother snake's stomach acid is stronger than a supernova's heat and neo drinked it like a coca cola.

Pokemon is pretty weird. It depends on what you take at face value and what not. But if you take the higher end shit, then Pokemon has a universal reality warper/god (Arceus) and lots of shit like complete time and space control, dark matter control, shit like that. It's not as ludicrous as Digimon and would lose pretty hard when you take all the ridiculous bullshit Digimon has accumulated over the years, but it's still good.

As for why Digimon is so crazy, it's because they have like, what, five multiversal entities capable of blinking universes out of existance? and a shitload, absolute boatload of univeral ones. Then you get dimensional ones, physically super powerful ones and more and more. The extended franchise outside of the series is where most of the crazy shit comes from, but the shows have some crazy shit too. Like Omega Shoutmon V 5 billion or whatever it is at the end, or Lucemon piledrivering digimon through moons or Susanoomon or one version of Yggdrasil (the world tree, mostly seen as the leader of the digital world, a universal entity. I said one version because there's like five or six of those fuckers overall) or Dukemon Crimson Mode. Digimon is one of the few franchises that can legitimately contend with Shin Megami Tensei.

Ok half a universe with about 60% of SSG's power. Plus SSB is stronger than SSG.

except that hi(t)s ability alone worked on that premise

for an example, gurudo was able to use his abilities on gohan and krillin despite them having greater power level

Yeah no faggot. Thats not how it works, It's because god ki was clashing it was messing up the universe and why Beerus stopped. He even says this.

>except that hi(t)s ability alone worked on that premise
See and pic related
The Ginyu Force was stronger than Gohan and Krillin, Guldo was just out of shape besides both Gohan and Krillin were manipulating their Ki output during the fight.

Not mentioning the fact that they were exchanging many blows like this so the universe wasn't meant to be destroyed by one punch. Moreover, it was scared as fuck old fart Kaioshin who said that universe is in danger, so that doesn't prove anything.

Psychic power has nothing to do with physical strength

>Yeah no faggot. Thats not how it works
Yes it is

>It's because god ki was clashing it was messing up the universe
Wrong dumbass thats only when two Gods of destruction fight.

>why Beerus stopped
You mean nullified the Universe busting Ki, proving he's able to Universe bust on his own.

>Moreover, it was scared as fuck old fart Kaioshin who said that universe is in danger, so that doesn't prove anything.
Reaching this hard

>filename

Ok, my bad about this part.

guldo wasn't