What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qZ9NlThB3SY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing. It got popular so of course Sup Forums has to hate it. The show itself is good.

>The show itself is good.
No, it's not.

It turned a relatively "good" and promising concept and setting into a romcom with a mary stu character who every girl wants and every guy wants to be.

If they had made Kirito weaker and really let him work to get stronger, with a lot of suffering and struggling in-between, the cringey love/daughteru shit on the side could have been forgiven.

They also missed so many opportunities and left out items and shit. Like the Resurrection stone Kiritio got from killing that Christmas themed boss.

And not ending it prematurely, developing Heathcliff's character and his relationship with Kirito (Could have been a Father-son deal) until the big reveal at the 100th floor, in the throne room of the Aincrad's castle.

I'm Not OP, but the "Sup Forums only hates it because popular" thing is a pretty cop-out answer. Sup Forums is incredibly divisive in opinions. It's literally a cesspool of no one agreeing in here and there is no Sup Forums consensus opinion. If you want better discussion, reddit is legit the place to go.

For your question,
what went wrong was the show having probably the most AIDs-inducing fan-base ever.
Web-novel writing is rarely good and people just need to get over that. It's a mediocre, badly written show that makes the big bucks because it gives that fan-base what they want.

>The show itself is good.
errr wat? Not sure if bait but care to elaborate?

2ez

story with a perfectly good premise gets ruined because of autism
it's just really bad haremshit

What episode did you drop it?

The show went to shit and the weebs took it over

>reasons

You sound like someone straight off MAL.

>what went wrong was the show having probably the most AIDs-inducing fan-base ever.

>not the Overlord fanbase with their daily threads even when the anime is already over years ago

Nothing, most successful LN adaptation is recent years, with new successful media getting released regularly.

Episode 2 happen.

The main plot was a good idea, the character designs were nice, the animation was pretty. But all of this works against it because it just sets you up for false hope and then it becomes a fucking trainwreck of bad writing, plotholes, and blandness. This shit is only enjoyable if you watch it just to see what shit they pull and to check out Sup Forums's reaction. If Kirito just had a consistent personality then I'd look past everything, but every action he takes is fucking random until SAO is over and then he just becomes 100% bland, rather than 80% bland.

Horrible misunderstanding of mmo communities.
The abridged version has, ironically, a more realistic approach.

The Gary Stuiest show ever made. Kirito is a cancer upon anime and made the series unbearable. Only a preschooler would enjoy a show where the main character is omniscient and omnipotent and an unbeatable sex God from the first minute of the first episode.

>b-b-but Saitama
One Punch Man is a comedy and you fucking know that isn't the same.

youtu.be/qZ9NlThB3SY

The premise is so fucking retarded it distracts from any possible entertainment you could get from the show.

>be developer of MMO.
>develop VR tech that can both sustain the user by supplying nutrition and removing water from them (without needles poking into their veins, somehow) as well as remotely kill the user.
>this somehow passes from conception to production without anybody raising concerns or reporting it to the press or government.
>the creator activates this function, which somehow nobody can stop him or force to deactivate it, such as the government.

Now, I love Speculative Fiction and its often silly and unrealistic premises, but this goes to fucking far into Retardville for me to enjoy. I'll stick to giant robots and magical monstergirls, thank you very much.

If OPM is comedy then SAO is comedy too

OPM is satirical comedy. SAO takes itself way too seriously but isn't trying to take itself too seriously, it's the horrible writing that does it.

If only SAO just joked around a little more and was more self aware. The author even admits SAO is bad and he hoped someone else would come around and make a better MMO series.

>A-1
Other studio would do better.

You high bro? The rez stone came back in a huge way. It was def not forgittrn

Instead of animating Progressive or Alternative, they animated the shitty first and second volume.

>Steak Sauce has its talons on SAO till it pukes

How? He gave it to Klein and it was never heard from again. I've heard he used it on some random scrub in the novel, but in the anime it just vanishes.

Interesting idea, flawed execution.

I'm gonna throw some buzzwords at you, that all describe this show even if you go "muh buzzwords"
>No character development
>Bad world building
>Suspension of disbelief

The best villain the author has ever written has the motivation of "Shit, I forgot what my motivation was" the rest all kick puppies and rape nuns.
That jackass that was stalking Asuna? Rapist
Random corporate dudes working for King-Twink? Rapists
King-Twink? Rapist
Desu-Gun? Rapist

He can basically not think of anything else that would mark someone as a villain.

This is a pretty good point. The characters were all one-dimensional, none more so than MC.

>what is motivation?
>whatever works for 14-yr-old gril

It was a decent background noise show. Kind of like Gurren Laggen. Except after Gurren Laggen's flashforward, the show got way better, which never really happened in sao

A story devoid of excitement, with no mystery and no proper world building, where anyone who is not the bland, inconsistent, unbeatable main character gets character-assassinated so the MC cannot possibly be challenged in any literary aspect.

The whole point of this story is forcing the audience to like an unlikeable character by sacrificing everything and everyone else else. Some people eat this shit up for God knows why, while everyone else just feels insulted.