Which do I read first?

Which do I read first?

John Toland's book is pretty good for an introduction. He at least tries to be objective, so much so that Barbara Tuchman (The Guns of August authoress) accused him of being a Nazi. Ian Kershaw's book is the opposite. It takes it's negative stance so far as to argue Hitler can only be understood as an "unperson," which doesn't mean anything if you really want to understand the historical significance of Hitler. I would instead recommend reading Stolfi's Hitler Beyond Evil and Tyranny after you finish Toland. The Young Hitler I Knew by August Kubizek is also interesting. David Irving's Hitler's War can't be beaten when looking for Hitler biography with a military perspective (Irving doesn't white wash Hitler, and even John Keegan said Hitler's War is an excellent book).

John Toland is also very readable which is nice for a long biography.

Mein Kampf is a very hard read for someone who doesn't have any background in the politics of post-war Germany. It's a total waste of time to start with Mein Kampf.

David irvings hitlers war, hitlers table talk and hitlers second book are essential more so than mein kampf.

Use both to shove them up your ass as toilet paper, and then go read a better book (People's History of the U.S. by Howard Zinn). Or just a book on logic, it would help you leave Nazism/Trumpism/Conservativism

If you're interested in Hitler as a person, not a historical, demonized figure, you should look into

Mein Kampf as autobiography

The Young Hitler I Knew: The Memoirs of Hitler's Childhood Friend August Kubizek

and Hitler's Last Witness: The Memoirs of Hitler's Bodyguard Rochus Misch

(You)

AHAHAHA

Hitler was a piece of shit currently burning in Hell. He wasn't a person at all. I hope that your countries authorities find your IP and link it to this post. Books like the one you own are problematic bevause they show the wrong facts and incorrect opinions (portray him neutrally), which empower Neo-Nazi skinheads

Ian Kershaw

Fuck hitler he was a piece of shit

@146287422
That's it, no more (You)s for you.

This. This should be a sticky in all Sup Forums lit. threads.

>eu flag

Why read what someone thinks of someone, when you can just read what that someone thought directly?
Read MK, Hitler explains himself pretty well. First volume is how he became to be what we know, and the second volume is his struggle with the party to be a known party and what their plans are.

Good info, user.

John Toland will show a empathetic view of the German population.

satire almost unrecognizable to the untrained eye. This guy is a true Sup Forumsack nazi

>Hitler was a piece of shit currently burning in Hell. He wasn't a person at all.

This is a good summary of Ian Kershaw's nonsensical thesis and why reading his biography of Hitler won't really teach you anything about the man or why he did what he did. Instead of looking for solid answers with a basis in historiography, Kershaw gives you some bizarre and half-assed philosophical argument ingrained in his biases. What does it mean for someone to be a "non-person"? Or for that matter, what does it mean to be a person? Was Julius Caesar a person or a non-person? So stupid that anyone would seriously recommend this book.

No it isn't. Only brainlets would not understand it.
The book is divided into 2 volumes.
The first is Hitler talking of his youth, and how he grew and understood the Jew's tricks and that right parties are cucks that won't stop the communists take over of Germany. It ends with him joining a young new party to fix Germany.
The second volume needs a bit of knowledge on history of 1920-30, but it's not necessary. In the second volume he speaks on how his party rose to a popular party, and their clashes with the left and right. He then says what his overall plans for Germany are.

Don't normally shove toilet paper up my ass, desu, is this common practice in Europe these days?

he is just ahmead roach

Kershaw is pretty good. But the tabletalk is the true Hitler kino

Anyone has a megafile of these books?

Savitri Devi, of course.

Such beautiful penmanship, I never tire of looking at it...

This would be from euro garbage. Even if we did get out IP known: I live in a country that has libraries FULL of these books available. Even my college has these books for anyone. I just want the Ebooks instead.

Fuck Barbara Tuchman

Why would a muzzie hate in Hitler? They were pretty chummy back in the day

I finished John Toland's work last night. I highly recommend it. I learned more than just about Hitler. It gives a fantastic synopsis of the entire German perspective of the war.

>tfw didn't know that the bongs killed 8,000 French sailors at dunkirk on purpose and almost started a war between them until I read this book

aren't those a forgery?

the right is way better imo