CATHOLIC GENERAL

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Today is the twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time. Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/102217.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cvl_J_Qn5JM
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
youtube.com/watch?v=xcwCK8pFZ0M
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
youtube.com/watch?v=JbhIHF3SHm0
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYZrn4flo
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
youtube.com/watch?v=dymL1-ckMwg
youtube.com/watch?v=orZo6JesM_E
youtube.com/watch?v=FbGwaO0ZVzM
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCl6ylgwCU
youtube.com/watch?v=WFor50sjEaw
youtube.com/watch?v=DlIG5gNa-Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=e-jOgH0PP2I
youtube.com/watch?v=MROPDOKkKd0
youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8
wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/14333
youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM
haydock1859.tripod.com/
vulsearch.sourceforge.net/html/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LATIN/GREGORIAN CHANTS

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=FS_AjMPqy04
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.A Byzantine Chant

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

happy WORLD MISSION SUNDAY everybody

Here's a bump, but prepare for shills

>shame your attacker
I'm sorry but that only works in cartoons

Crusade against Judea when?

I'm pretty sure it's extremely effective. Plus he's addressing personal vigilantism

Lets talk Marian apparitions. Are they legit? Do you consider them valid guidance on how to worship? (i.e. pray the rosary).

DA REAL JOOS IS IN MOURNIN
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs

Why was Papa Bene forced out?

vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

>DOGMATIC CONSTITUTION ON THE CHURCH
>LUMEN GENTIUM
Clearly states it is dogmatic.

Quote:
>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
Very clearly claims that Christians and muslims worship the same god. No way to deny it unless you resort to semantic perversions and handwaving rationalizations.

This is a heresy, and since the heresy is proclaimed dogmatically, this makes the church internally inconsistent and falsifies all claims of being the one true church.

Therefore Catholicism is a false religion QED

I know we all exclusively listen to kvlt chanting but are there any conventional church hymns you guys enjoy?

Matthew 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 6:27 - But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

Romans 12:17
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men.

Luke 6:35
"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men."

Luke 6:29
"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."

This is why you are called christcucks.

>No Council of Florence
OY VEY

Can anyone be forgiven? I feel like ive been too horrible to deserve salvation.

Depressed. I was a NEET for about a year. Then I managed to go back to college for about 2 years until this month. I had to drop out because I became a believing Catholic. I'm afraid of entering another period of inertia.

Why did Jesus name Simon "Peter"? A common misconception is that Jesus gave this name to Simon Peter right after his confession that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God" (Mt. 16:16), but actually Jesus gave him this name without explanation at their first meeting:
>He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him, and said, "So you are Simon the son of John? You shall be called Cephas" (which means Peter). (Jn. 1:42)
Only after Simon Peter's confession does Jesus reveal why he gave him this name:
>Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. And I also say to you that you are Peter" (Mt. 16:17-18)
In Aramaic/Hebrew, Simon is a name meaning "hear/listen", so by adding Cephas/Peter to it (which means "rock"), Simon Peter's name takes on the meaning "heard the Rock", that is "heard God" (in the Old Testament the Rock is one of the names for God). So when Jesus goes on to say:
>"and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Mt. 16:18)
He is referring to God (himself) as the foundation for his Church.

> give to caesar what is caesar's
what did He mean by this?

How do we get a new pope faster?

I already addressed this in the other pics. Just go through them and then come back to me. I'm not going to repeat myself thats why I use pictures

What is the Church? The word that is translated into English as "church" is ἐkkλησία (ekklesia) in the original Greek, which means "the called out ones" or "the assembly of the called out ones", it does not mean your man-made Papist institution. Who are "the called out ones"? Right after Simon Peter's confession, Jesus declares to him that "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven" (Mt. 16:17), and similarly during the Bread of Life discourse, Jesus says:
>No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. (Jn. 6:44)
So "the called out ones" are the ones that God has drawn to confess that Jesus is Lord and these are the ones who will have eternal life:
>because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (Rom. 10:9-19)
What are the "gates of hell" (Mt. 16:18)? In the original Greek this phrase appears as πύλαι ᾅδου (pylai hadou), which more accurately translates as the "gates of Hades", that is the "gates of death". So the Rock is Jesus, and the faith and confession that he is "the Christ, the Son of the living God", which is only possible for those whom God the Father has called out and drawn to himself ("the church"), and against these the "gates of death" will not prevail, that is, they will have eternal life.

Why are you so fucking weak? Why are you even here you weak fuck go to /r9k/

m8 i cant in good conscience even advise you to try and shame the person who is attacking you, are you retarded? you will get so rekt it's not even funny.
you either fight back or get rekt.
t. lives in russian ghetto.

Daily reminder
>Traditional Catholics vs. Campus Marxists

youtube.com/watch?v=cvl_J_Qn5JM

I love this. Watched it twice now.

Christian music list. The first list is modern music, the second is hymnals and more traditional music. Feel free to recommend additions on Catholic and Christian Generals.

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
>Woven Hand's "My Russia"
youtube.com/watch?v=vbUXbMn2zfc
>Woven Hand's "Consecration"
youtube.com/watch?v=xcwCK8pFZ0M
>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
>Nick Drake - Pink Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
>Dr. C.J. Johnson's "You Better Run"
youtube.com/watch?v=bchmhIdZgys
>Judee Sill's Heart Food
youtube.com/watch?v=KI7sOZQaSkI
>Dave Bixby's "Free Indeed"
youtube.com/watch?v=JhHBGRr2XDE
>The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus' "Beauty After the Fall"
youtube.com/watch?v=mcbJFvje29A
>Podnieś Mnie Jezu
youtube.com/watch?v=JbhIHF3SHm0
>Baba Yetu
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
>Audrey Assad's "Restless"
youtube.com/watch?v=UuhYZrn4flo

I said personal vigilantism, that is not the same as personal self defense. Also a slap in ancient times was not a physical attack but an insult
Also your pasta is so stale that's why i use pictures

Traditional Music

>Veni Veni Emmanuel
>Agni Parthene
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
>Je Nai Nan
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
>Come Now Font of Every Blessing
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
>Heyr himna smiður
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
>Jezu Chryste Panie Miły
youtube.com/watch?v=dymL1-ckMwg
>Ludu mój ludu
youtube.com/watch?v=orZo6JesM_E
>Cидить Mикoлaй y кoнeць cтoлa
youtube.com/watch?v=FbGwaO0ZVzM
>Fiez-vous en lui
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCl6ylgwCU
>Mass in D major, Op.123 "Missa solemnis"
youtube.com/watch?v=WFor50sjEaw
>Krzyżu Święty
youtube.com/watch?v=DlIG5gNa-Oo
>Taize Alleluia
youtube.com/watch?v=e-jOgH0PP2I
>O Dniu Radosny
youtube.com/watch?v=MROPDOKkKd0
>Dies Irae
>Deum Verum
>NON NOBIS DOMINE, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM
youtube.com/watch?v=bb9ro4IQqi8

Don't drop out. You need to become a productive member of society friend.

>Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

>For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Being NEET is slothful.

You don't. You bend over and take it like a bitch. Pic unrelated.

Thanks man! Loving it.

an insult is a challenge to a fight, retard, you try that shit back then or now and you get your stupid ass handed to you, dont romanticize shit you know nothing about.

I'm praying for you.

Beautiful. Thank you.

Why are you calling me a heretic? Im saying that Paganism is a false religion and I quote St Augustine

Mark 7:6-8, 13
6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

>Also your pasta is so stale that's why i use pictures

Lol, I thought you were the christian. Sorry the bible is too stale for you.

I honestly don't say anything more or less that Augustine himself asserted. There really isn't anything new that I did say there, it is very old.

I thought you knew what Hypocrisy is, you havn't heard about neogaf?

My mistake, honestly. I thought this was a copypasta from the last thread like the rest.

Thoughts on the KJV bible vs other translations? Ive been reading the KJV but in my church they read from the NIV. When I mentioned the KJV version to the pastor he just shrugged it off/laughed.

Read it before condemning it. Read it anyways I got it from the City of God and everyone loves that book for a good reason

Man why don't they wear those cool ass black cross shawls anymore?

I'm old. Was brought up in the Latin Church before V2. Knowing that the Mass was being performed the same way all over the world 24 hours a day meant a lot to me. Sure, as a kid I didn't understand Latin, but kids learn languages fast and I got the idea. Even stupid kids did, with the music and the et cum Spiritu tuos. Losing Latin was a huge fucking tragedy.

I am a hardcore believer in the /x/ side of Christianity. I believe God is active in the world through the Church, and so I totally believe accounts of miracles, healings, and apparitions. I believe that Holy Mother Mary has more than once deigned to visit us on Earth to reveal the truth of the Gospel and the true inheritance of the Church as God's instrument in this world.

So, yes, I totally take Marian apparitions seriously. God seems to like to make use of servants, both those living and those in the next life. His Mother is his most powerful intercessor, and she is sent to us for a reason.

I know seriously. Their robes look so comfy

There is great power in ideas, tradition, and ritual. Diluting the message in order to obtain outreach was a mistake. Sure, more hear it, but what is the point if the meaning is not the same?

Ive seen the same quote but attributed to Hitler about Jews. Care to provide a source?

huh are people just ignoring these? The first sentence would tell you its written by a Catholic

Just for you. Council of Florence (1441):
>The most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews and heretics and schismatics, can have a share in life eternal; but that they will go into the "eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41), unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this ecclesiastical body that only those remaining within this unity can profit by the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, their almsgivings, their other works of Christian piety and the duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved, unless he remain within the bosom and the unity of the Catholic Church.
But now according to the dogmatic constitution on the Church from Vatican II, the plan of salvation includes Muslims who believe the following:
>People of the Book, do not go to excess in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary, a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers and do not speak of a 'Trinity'—stop, that is better for you—God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. (Qur'an, sura 4 "An-Nisa", ayat 171)

Maybe that's why the LARPers never take this seriously, bc they wont readit. oh well Ill keep trying to get through to these people

>Should they fail, in spite of their tricks of logic, they acted as if they could not understand the counter arguments and bolted away to another field of discussion.

Hey wait a minute, this is what you're doing. I don't know if you're joking or not, but just in case you didn't know: that isn't a quote from St. Augustine, it's a quote from Mein Kampf, except they switched out "Jews" with "heretics".

Well glad we got that settled: It's okay to ignore the teachings of Jesus because of what Augustine (or hitler attributed to Augustine) said- or something.

The source is Hitler, actually.

Exactly yeah Florence was a good city once.

pleb you should READ IT FIRST. yeesh seriously READ BEFORE JUDGING IT

Why attribute it to St Augustine? Outrageous.

>2 Cor 11:14-15 14And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.

Vatican 2 cannot be interpreted independently, and it is not a "fresh start," as certain crazy priests and bishops (and now cardinals) would like it to be. The ONLY valid interpretation of Vatican 2 is one which is consistent with the other great councils of the Church, including Trent, Florence, and others going all the way back to Nicaea. There is no independent interpretation of Vatican 2. Marking it as a fresh start would make it not Catholic.

The pope licking black feet ruined the Catholicism.

"Catholic" mean universal. I just think that there will never be a Universal church (for everyone) again. There was nothing special about Latin, it could have been Greek or French or German, or even English. But the Church, the litergy, should be the same everywhere. So you can walk into any Church and get the same message.

But that's just my personal opinion. I liked it that way.

I could never understand the fanaticism behinf the whole 1 (one) god thing.
have you seen the world? every 1000 km look different, even the people.
considering there is really no interventions going on by higher powers wouldnt it make more sense that god(s) are not as powerful as he/they are being portrayed?

Yes

Threadly reminder that Judas, not Jesus, was the first communist.

What is it you want me to read? More pictures that may or may not be hitler quotes?
I'm the one trying to get a straight answer from you. Jesus himself said not to replace the instructions of God with the traditions of man.

I don't see how the verses I posted

could be up to interpretation (If I missed something then by all means explain).

>"Why would you sneak a cheeky Hitler meme into a Catholicism thread?", the Jihad memeflag asked on Sup Forums

Gods were your ancestors that made their presence in the world by being able to move nature or were a natural phenomenon.

Thor/Zeus are literary lighting and storms for instance because these Gods cause storms, which also makes it rain so they're fertility Gods too. Get the idea?

The only problem with looking for angels and apparitions is what may take their guise. I used to be fairly skeptical about the /x/ elements (but not God nor the Church itself), but gave them a Pasacal's wager. When I discovered the demon-worship of my spiritual opponents, the skepticism vanished. For goodness sake, Hillary talked about sacrificing a chicken to moloch in her leaked email. How does it not terrify people that there are those in this country, and not basement dwellers, but powerful people, performing rituals for named demons? God save us all.

Also the demons are just on the news now.

yes, that's basic stuff, i was mostly wanting to see rationalizations about a 1(one) uber god
it just makes no sense

>Hillary talked about sacrificing a chicken to moloch in her leaked email.

Did you read this or was it "interpreted" for you?
Since you explain you're not skeptical about God or the Church, you undermine your own position as someone who can check for facts reliably.

It's all there in black and white, my dude.
wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/14333

This is a load of crap. Do you know there is such a thing as Ethiopian Saints? Or a Church? Why make a screencap with a lot of out of context and outright misinterpreted verses?

Above all else, I trust in the Church. I've actually personally experienced a few supernatural occurrences. My guideline for them is to put them to the test of Catholicism. Are they in line with the teachings of the Church? If they are, they're divine, and should be listened to. If not, they're demonic, or from some alien power, and they're to be distrusted.

That's why the only Marian apparitions to pay attention to are those approved by the Church. Fatima, Lourdes, Guadalupe, those are the big three. The Church has dubbed them worthy of belief, so we should believe them, and heed what the Blessed Virgin has to say in each of them. And, always, you can test a miraculous happening against the Church's teachings. If the miracle is contrary to what the Church teaches, it's suspicious. But if it conforms, it's truly divine.

Evolutionary, the one God concept probably come from a will to marry one cult with the state, so that the state may have stability. States with a multireligious people are less stable.

But theologically, one God as a creator of all instead of a multitude of Gods (Order) that were born out of Chaos (Disorder), is reasoned to make sense of the basis of authority.

If you were never told there was only one God that created everything, you'd never arrive at that conclusion on your own. It's too big of a concept, because we only see the little world around us.

Meh, science determined a single moment of universal creation without assuming God existed. Why not?

>Can anyone be forgiven?
Yes. Don't be too hard on yourself, user, we're all sinners. Accept Christ in your heart.

If not tampered with, seems like a bad joke. She does write "fingers crossed", as in hopes of and then goes overboard with animal sacrifice.

it can still be disproved tho, science is rather fragile.
it all boils down to politics as usual. culture and religion are one and the same, and if we check history we can see how the original culture got replaced, for better or worse that is debatable.

youtube.com/watch?v=TUTlvAsLyPM

You should at least get a bible that has Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, 1 & 2 Maccabees (as well as portions of the Books of Esther and Daniel).

Wikileaks does not peddle tampered-with documents. They have not published something untrue in 11+ years.

haydock1859.tripod.com/
Here's the Haydock Commentary from 1859 Catholic Commentary on teh Latin Vulgate

You can have good animals. Like it says God holds the beasts accountable for their actions. Arabs too are dirty animals

Prove it empirically

only cucks like polytheism. Why does God need to share power? No he does not there is only one God

>and others going all the way back to Nicaea
At the Council of Ephesus, canon 7 states regarding the Nicene Creed:
>[ ] it is unlawful [ ] to bring forward, or to write, or to compose a different [ ] Faith as a rival to that established by the [ ] Fathers assembled [ ] in Nicæa. [ ] those who [ ] compose a different faith, or to introduce or offer it to persons desiring to turn to the acknowledgment of the truth, whether from Heathenism or from Judaism, or from any heresy whatsoever, shall be deposed, if they be bishops or clergymen; [ ] and if they be laymen, they shall be anathematized. [ ]
Then the Pope unilaterally changed the Nicene Creed by adding the Filioque. So from the Roman Catholic perspective the Pope absolutely has the authority to contradict an infallible teaching of the Church, thus superseding it. If you don't like that, the Orthodox Church is waiting for you to come home.

fuck off we're tired of you

I'm Orthodox too, but this argument is weak because Latins will claim that the Filioque represents the same faith as the OG Creed.

What is your favorite bible translation and why is it the Knox bible?

Bamp

no not the Knox the Clementine Vulgata. Knox relies on Greek. Clementine is ONLY the Latin
vulsearch.sourceforge.net/html/index.html