What does Sup Forums think of Ping Pong? Terrible show

What does Sup Forums think of Ping Pong? Terrible show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJgH0yHz-Hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>meme artstyle
Trash

Pile of shit.

AOTD

Best show of its season and year hands down. The fact that people didn't forget about it like about 90% of anime that aired in last few years just proves that.

A lot worse than Tatami Galaxy.

I still don't know if Smile lost on purpose or Peco won even with a bad knee.

It was a very good show. Nothing mindblowingly original, but a solid, well-executed story, with an artstyle that actually worked once you got used to it.

Great manga with a serviceable anime that was clearly carried by the original source material. Would have liked to have seen what Yuasa could have done with a bigger budget.

Smile saw him as and wanted him to be a hero. Losing on purpose defeats that.

I still don't understand that bathroom scene, even after some anons spelt it out for me.

Budget wasn't the problem, time was. IIRC it was greenlit only 6 months before the airdate.

It's good, great even. Yuasa only gets better and better.

It's good

It's good. But it's a very straightforward adaptation of the manga. Dunno what people saw in it.

This is a pretentious, bad anime. Shirobako was AOTY 2014.

At the beggining of the match you can see coach Koizumi expecting Smile to give in and not take advantage of Peco's knee, but ends up suprised by not only Smile striking towards Peco's left side, but also Peco responding and getting the point.

Best show of its year, obviously

10/10.

Significantly better than Tatami Galaxy

maybe if you're uncultured

this about sums it up

>pretentious post defending pretentious anime

It's the anime that normies latch onto because the animation is "epic" and the story is "deep".

top 10 anime of all time

it could only be perceived as pretentious by one with no understanding of the arts, such as yourself

did you know that anime existed before 2010?

I loved the animation, but I can't understand why anyone would think the story is "deep". It isn't far off an entirely standard sports shounen, just told much faster.

There sure as hell weren't many posters going on about how deep the story was in Ping Pong threads when the show was airing, either. This is juts a case of people who disliked the show making stuff up about the people who liked the show.

Didn't like the artstyle at all, story was okay I guess, but the ost was amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=wJgH0yHz-Hs

A great show. It has engaging action and good kind of drama to keep me watching. I can't even stand the usual sports anime, but this hyped me up every week.

>sports anime
no thanks

Animesnob shills

literally who

It's barely even a sports anime, most of the time is spent outside of practices and matches. Probably one of my favorite anime of all time.

The OST really was amazing. Very excited to see Silent Voice.