Bitcoin

Bitcoin has gone up 87 999 900 % since 2010

If you bought 5 dollars worth of it seven years ago, you would be 4.4 million dollars richer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SiXS_jjJYY8
support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How did that happen

People were interested, and they invested in it. So, the value went up

This isn't politics.
You don't care about anyone here, why bother? Keep your success a secret, asshole.

It's literally a ponzi scheme. Bitcoin does nothing. It's going up because of FOMO and retarded celebrities shilling it.

Anyone with a brain knows Ethereum is the future.

Saged

JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=SiXS_jjJYY8

Do you guys think sexbots will be a good investment?

Fuck the EU, buy BRIT.

bitcoins protect against divorce rape
jew lawyers

it is a ponsi scheme? if i buy into it, i need to get multiple times more people to buy into it to even get my money back?

>ponsi scheme

Is Amazon a ponzi scheme because it's worth more now?

>should
>would
>could
plox buy my coinz and HODL
NO

jews

i already know someone here is going to give 'da decentralised bitcoins are bad for jews' counterargument meme. You are wrong to think of jews as a single cohesive entity. It's jews jewing other jews.

>Implying anyone would give you 4.4 mil $ in cash for a bunch of cryptoshitcoins.

Your math is off bro. I bought 10 in 2013 for around $400. Today they are worth about $600k. You faggots should've listened to me.

>should
fuck off /biz/ you suck. If anybody is interested in your scam they will find you

saged

If I would have bought $5 worth 7 years ago, would I be able to put that $4.4 million into my actual bank account, and use it?
Or would I have $4.4 million worth of bitcoins that I couldn't buy a house a with?

This doesnt belong to in Sup Forums
SAGE

Salty af
Yes you can exchange BTC for any form of currency and have it deposited into a bank account. Damn you guys are retards.

china

Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is not meant to be exchanged to real world money.

>If you bought 5 dollars worth of it seven years ago, you would be 4.4 million dollars richer.
>definitely not a bubble tho!
lel

Some people actually think that a that rises in value this quickly is a safe and solid investment.

Hindsight aside, investing in bitcoins is dumb. I can't wait for the bubble to burst, so I can finally buy a graphic card that isn't severely overpriced thanks to miningfags.

no fucks given

Started doing bitcoin three months ago, transformed my small 1000€ into 1600€.
I'm getting the hang of it, should be millionnaire in two years.

Bitcoin is gold.
There can only be 21 millions BTC in existence, and a lot have been lot forever already.

... I lied, bitcoin isn't gold.
More gold can be mined from asteroids, but even in one thousands years, there'll still only be ( less than ) 21 millions bitcoins.
Bitcoin is like, supergold, golder than gold.

>nocoiners
>ethereum

the delusion, it's like a mass histeria

where do you think this added value is coming from? get out while you're ahead.

Which is why the massive price rise is a sign that it is failing at its supposed purpose ie. being a medium of exchange. A stable currency is desirable so you don't have to worry about prices changing all the time.

The other sign is that people don't tend talk about how convenient or widely accepted it is. They talk about how it will make them rich.

Unlike bitcoin, gold has actual tangible value. It's used for electronics and decorative purposes, among other things. It's also a universally accepted currency.

That said, if you're smart about it and not delusional about the eventual crash, investing in crypto is a good way to make a lot of money.

Im about to buy 200k with

one zero too much

>Bitcoin does nothing
it's a medium of exchange used for illegal transactions, so you need bitcoin to buy drugs on the internet from the military and any other illegal transaction typically uses bitcoin

>I'm a nocoiner, with an opinion!
I treat it like stock, I also use asx stock to buy my groceries and hookers.

You're missing the point.

The thing they keep forgetting is bitcoin in be sold in fractions. It doesn't matter what the total number is, inflation will just keep it down anyways

The only way bitcoin gains value is by new idiots investing in it, this thread only exists to further drive up the value for the earliest investors

>Buying memecoin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with the speculation-fest, so bad that you have to shill on other websites/boards without posting any proof to even back up your claim

>muh vision
What Satoshi Nakamoto intended is completely irrelevant to what he ACTUALLY MADE.
Sure, he wanted to make the new currency. But he made the new gold.
If he wanted to make the new currency, why did he cap the number of bitcoins at 21 millions ?
This inherent scarcity is literally all that is between bitcoin being the new gold and yet another shitcoin.

If you want to invest in Nakamoto's vision, invest in the centralised, infinitely printable ethereum. Like the retarded cuck you are.

>buying it now

google "pump and dump"

Bought in 2013, 15, and 16, havnt bought any this year thanks to the forks. Sold at around 4000 to buy a fuckton of monero. Won't buy more until the November fork is over.

Might I miss out on a bullrun? Sure. But I don't trust this shit right now. Its fundamentals are weak as fuck compared to other cryptos like ETH and XMR. Plus people might be buying only to get forked coins like with Bitcoin Cash.

Too many unknowns and uncertainty to buy BTC right now. Hopefully that will change after mid-November.

The Jews are swinging it up and down. It will keep going up as it takes on market, until the big jews drop the kibosh. Bernadine threatened this a few days ago, it's going to crash and then they'll pump it more, and on and on.

The growth right now isn't driven by investment/use, as much as it is margin trading.

Aren't big banks buying it now? I bet they end up buying so much that they can crash it and start their own.

It was great for money laundering and illegal transaction, but I think that use case is a out to be squeezed tighter.

The exchanged for Bitcoin will be no different than the banks.

redpill me on the btc fork this november
whats happening? are we getting a new bitcoin cash type deal?

Stop fucking reminding me

segwit2x creates 2 coins in November.
Much civil war ahead
BitGold created in this october fork in 2 days time.

t. confused boomer

>Which is why the massive price rise is a sign that it is failing at its supposed purpose ie. being a medium of exchange. A stable currency is desirable so you don't have to worry about prices changing all the time.
except Bitcoin is infinitely divisable. Bitcoins will become milli-Bits, and then nano-Bits, and eventually femto-Bits as the value of 1.0000000000000000 coin increases in perpetuity. You can't do that with dollars and cents.

So these 2 coins in november what are they called?

Dude it's not too late.
Just buy low and sell high, its literally that easy kek.

Non retards use Monero for that. It's genuinely private and it can actually be used as a currency.

t. Stupid millennial that doesn't actually follow cryoticurrency but thinks they know everything because they heard about bitcoin a year ago.
Bitcoin is garbage. It's deflationary so can't be used as a currency. It costs about $5 to transfer $5 worth of BTC. It doesn't do anything other than miraculously accumulate value. No crypto currency does as little as Bitcoin. Fuck me, even Ripple offers more. As I said before, the only reason BTC is going up is FOMO.

Preface: I'm not buying because I am uncomfortable with the level of uncertainty. There are a ton of moving parts and a lot could change in the next month.

Bitcoin has had a very serious and nasty scaling debate for like 4 years now. How will the Bitcoin network handle increased capacity. After years of backstabbing, censorship, etc, it's basically broken down to two ultra-hardcore, deluded, fanatical camps.

One camp wants to keep the blocksize at 1MB, and scale everything "off-chain", using other products or services to transact and the difference ultimately being "settled" on the Bitcoin blockchain.

The other camp wants the blocksize to be raised, so that everyone can still afford to transact directly on the blockchain.

This led to a big ass stalemate, and Segwit2x was a compromise formed to break the stalemate. A lot of people signed on to it. It said that we will give the small blockers something they want (Segwit, which reorganizes the code in the blockchain, something the big blockers did not want), and we will give the big blockers something they want (a 2MB blocksize, which the small blockers didn't want because they say it will mean less people can use the network).

So the segwit part already happened. Now that the 2MB part of Segwit2x agreement is coming up, the small blockers are breaking their agreement and saying they will not support it. So there might be a fork between Segwit, 1MB "Core" and Segwit2x.

My personal opinion: Segwit should never have happened, its a shitty hack. I like layer 2, but there are better ways to do it than with Segwit. It also works better with bigger blocks, ironically. The small block camp also plays very dirty, launches character assinations, twitter bot armies, DDoS attacks, etc.

One side is probably going to get BTFO in mid-November, it will probably be Core/small blockers with how things are looking right now, but as I said, a lot can and probably will change.

>It costs about $5 to transfer $5 worth of BTC.
genuinely interested, can you elaborate? you don't factor in mining do you?

So take this fork expectation (and this recent "Bitcoin Gold" scam), and people are selling a lot of alts to buy up Bitcoin expecting it to fork and they will get some free money, like with Bitcoin Cash. Problem is this is not at all like the Bitcoin Cash situation. That was a fairly contention-free situation, sure the small-blockers threw a fit, but ultimately both sides were free to go their own way.

This fork is a lot nastier with a lot more at stake. Odds are one side will get totally destroyed.

Pretty sure from what I see here
support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
Bitcoin will deliver 1:1 every $BTC's worth in $BTG.
Now my only question is will they do this for the november fork? Is the November fork delivering something else than bitcoin gold?

Ok this has got to be pretty rare. Sorry for the unholy numbers Lord.

>implying Satoshi Nakamoto isn't a bunch of glow in the dark CIA niggers.

>4.4 million dollar
good luck getting your money

As I've made clear this thread, Bitcoin is garbage. Its only good use is as "digital gold" since it clearly can't be used as a currency. In which case, segwit should have never happened and the blocksize shouldn't be increased. The harder it is to transfer the better.

Basically the bitcoin network was only designed to handle 3 transactions per second. Segwit does some fucky shit and fits 1.7x as much data into each block so the network currently handles about 5 per second.

Since so many people want to transfer bitcoin each second, only the transactions that pay the most in fees will be chosen by miners. The network is so overloaded that fees are several dollars just to transfer a small amount.

>Is Amazon a ponzi scheme because it's worth more now?

honestly yes

R A R E

And yes exhanges will be giving people Bitcoin Gold just like they gave people Bitcoin Cash. However the circumstances of this Gold fork are very, very shady.

And yes, in November if there is a fork odds are they will support it. The November fork is looking like it will be between Segwit2X supporters and Core supporters. There is actually large fight right now over which side gets what ticker symbol on what exchange.

I thought the appeal of bitcoin was that it was designed to NOT be a ponzi scheme where there is a finite amount?

cant get bitcoin loans
cant make interest off of bitcoin
have to pay capital gains tax
hard to get your money out

might as well invest in blue chip stocks.

I agree with you in the Bitcoin has been passed up by other cryptos in almost all of its use-cases. Ethereum is better at smart contracts/as a programming platform, XMR is much better money, etc.

But I don't think anything can function as a "digital gold" or store of value without another primary use-case supporting it. Which I don't see Bitcoin having, especially compared to other cryptos. So I guess my analysis is even more dire than yours.

rip vitalik

Any anons wanna share their redpilled alt coin portfolios?
I myself am a $PTOY, $PIVX, $PAY, $OMG, $DOGE (kek), and $SAFEX man myself.

t. poor fag

His head is YUGE

The US dollar is backed by oil. Bitcoin is backed by drugs and arms deals online.

You can't buy high and sell higher.. too much risk

You can buy food from Amazon I believe, you can trade bitcoin for most services in 1st world countries like anywhere but the West aka East Asia.

oh lord I remember these exact words when it was a dollar

I had an opportunity to buy when it was at $5. I brushed it off as a scam.

I've been loading up recently though. Not going to miss the rest of the upside

Anti-BTC shills are so funny man.
Why is this place so fucking cucked for (((centralized banking)))?
Don't you love anonimity?
Strike a Jew where it hurts, buy cryptos (except Ripple, they are for centralized currency).

wallet key can be hacked
wallet key can be stolen
wallet key can be lost
no away of getting your money back

I bought today, you just trade it bro. It's not like cuz I bought high im gunna sell low unless im accumulating more to sell later.
No coins are such brainlets.

You don't "cashout". You keep trading for the compound interest like a jew would.

>ethereum and ripple shills
if people wanted inflationary bullshit they would buy dogecoin

I was never particularly convinced by the whole digital gold thing to be honest. I've never understood why anyone would buy bitcoin in place of actual gold. The only thing bitcoin has going for it is perception. Loads of people perceive bitcoin as valuable for some ungodly reason, which is enough to give it status as "digital gold".

How DO you get your money out?

no it cant

does it make it not true?

>buy my electronic computer code coin
>I only made 21 million of them
>no you can’t physically hold it and it is based on nothing tangible that exists in the world
>just take your computer with you everywhere and you can exchange my coin

WOW THIS IS REALLY TICKLING MY BABY TOE

SIGN ME UP

No

What happens if it drops?

FDR siezed gold because he could
ross ulbricht is in jail for life because he was using unsiezable gold

It smuggles billions out of Russia and China. Tax Free. Poos like gold, Chinks love crypto. I like making money when they swing value.

I still feel like the jews are holding off on cracking down on all the bitcoin variants because they are gathering usefull information, we are betatesting.
Then eventualy there will be a worldwide ban on "illegal" bitcoins by all goverments.
Then they will come with a "legal" bitcoin version, one they have full control on, this will be backed by all goverments and will end op being the first step to the one world goverment.

>believing a deflationary asset would make a good currency

also

>thinking XMR is ripple

oh im laffin

I remember btc loans so yeah you're clearly a noob

go away nigger, people steal people wallet keys all the time. they hack you PC or Phone and steal your key, and you are fucked. most people have their bitcoins in multiple wallets because of this.

>he thinks its deflationary
retarded people are pretty retarded during an adoption phase

Good luck cashing all of it out for money.

credit card can be stolen
thief only has to take a picture of both sides
your cc can be published online on some obscure russian hacking forum and later spread

Bitcoin is a protest against central banks. The creator of Bitcoi indicated this in the genesis block. Anyone here who claims to be redpilled and hates jews, yet only uses jewbucks, is a cuck. White man money is gold, silver and Bitcoin

I buy every month so I don't care what the USD-BTC is dude. I am trading to accumulate satoshis.
I would love the price of bitcoin to drop.
Once you start to play for both the bull and bear season you understand wealth accumulation.

>most people have their bitcoins in multiple wallets because of this.
thus proving it cant be hacked

Yes this is the Central Bank's pretty obvious solution. They're even making a fucking show about it FFS and the CryptoRuble is a thing now.

you mean BTC scams