Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Soon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5dyphHphv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop making these threads. Nobody fucking cares anymore especially for the ass of an episode that's airing tonight.

>Not liking gladiator beasts

>Soon
>Post Yuri
He's more irrelevant than standard characters at this point.

When do we learn it's effect?

When is something game changing finally going to happen? This whole arc has just been a huge disappointment so far.

I'm still waiting for one decent duel. Will this series top off a duel like Yuya vs Reiji II or Shun vs Sora ever again?

Probably in around a week or so. Delta's effect was revealed around Aug 6.

After new opening debuts, probably.
Though how good that something will actually be is up to debate.

I hope it's at least decent.

Blackwings vs Gladator beasts, that would be a good match.

>Crow isn't voiced in the next episode
>He gets carded by saving Sawatari
>Jack and Crow returned so they can get carded.

Same. Too bad VJump promos are known for being inconsistent. However, I am hoping they won't mess up a promo for Dark Magician of all things.

Was eternal soul a promo?

remember when people thought Silent Paladin would be a monster that counted as a warrior and a spellcaster so the new ones could be used in the same deck? Then it turned out to be a fairy type and had a completely ass effect? This card will probably have the same stats as Dark Magician Girl and probably have an effect like Dark Magician Robe and Dark Magician Rod

No it was released in the 15th anniversary pack in early 2015 to commemorate the anime.

Ebon Illusion Magician however was a VJump promo.

If it has a rod effect that's not bad at all. You can special summon it with Navigate and then get an additional search on top of that.

It's pointless. These threads are filled with autists trying to hold on to their failure of a series.

Does the dark magician deck even work? I saw a friend thats trying to build it IRL but he had a JUST face.

Why did Apple,Lemon and Kiwi turn out to be trash but Berry and Chocolate ended up okayish? It's like they weren't meant to be anything more then a pet deck where as Dark Magicians are a serious attempt. Thing is, they still can't compete with Blue Eyes because Blue Eyes has several other generic dragons working with it while generic spellcasters are shit because if they're good people would run Exodia more so they get no search and no good draw engines.

Yeah. It's quite playable. It's just a fragile deck since it dies to disruption rather easily so you have to be a bit skilled with how and when you activate certain cards. But right now the deck is missing Eternal Soul which is a key card, basically equivalent to Alternative Dragon for Blue-Eyes that makes the deck a lot more live with its plays and has great synergy with Circle. But yeah it's really hard to recuperate if you're hit hard by the opponent so you have to be mindful of your plays.

Not every deck is meant to be meta. Kaz made them for the movie and to fit into that duel.

Nice samefagging.
Give me one good reason why we should stop making these threads as long as the show is airing.
Is it against the rules? No.
Is it pointless? Then so is making a thread on Sup Forums, because the sole purpose of this thread is to allow us to discuss an anime, and it's the same for every thread on Sup Forums.
Is it annoying? That's a shame, but you can't do anything about it. Learn to live with the fact that you have no control over the anons who make these threads. You'll feel less frustrated.

Cards today need to generate advantage once they hit the field by either: 1) Advancing your game state or; 2) Getting the combo pieces you need or they are called unplayable trash.

Or 3), making your opponent lose advantage.

Well from what I can see I don't think they were ever really intended to be a full fledged archetype. I think Kaz only created Apple and Lemon for the movie but Konami asked him to draw more and then they came up with the effects for the other three and tried to market it as an archetype. It was pretty half assed attempt compared to Dark Magician which was next in line for the ongoing legacy support after Blue-Eyes which is when Konami started to finally make decent support that wasn't bad like Red Eyes or BLS. Since then it seems they're trying to make up for their mistakes with the extra support. The most recent Red-Eyes support in INOV was decent and hopefully the BLS support will be decent in RATE.

>Newfagging the post
>Circlejerk is fine
>Generals are OK
Neo-Sup Forums is hilarious

What is the current Tier -1 deck?

Last time I play it was Qli

Cloudians

As I said, you can't do anything about it. Even by samefagging.
That leaves you two choices: either you keep shitposting here and bait the people who are trying to discuss the show, - because let's face it, you don't have anything better to do - or you can get the fuck . Your choice.

Here's the problem. Most anime that get generals can fill the threads up. We just had a thread for this show die hours before an episode was to air. I don't mind the generals but it's obvious people aren't too keen on discussing this show. This thread isn't even talking about the anime right now. It's talking about the actual card game.

At the moment Kozmo, Burning Abyss, and Blue-Eyes

The anime needs to step up its game, rin cards were good, ruri cards and her duel was ok for shun but it killed ruri chances for more duels or being competent. I want them to use mindblowing effects every week and hopefully gladiator beasts deliver.

Yeah I was surprised the thread actually died. That doesn't happen very often but it's clear there's not much interest in the episode this week.

Topic dying was according to keikaku, so was getting the lancers in the survival duel.

KONO MIRAI WA KIMI NO MONO SA!

more yuzu when?

When she gets brainwashed.

Sound Duel 4 when

Metalfoes soon

let's not forget ABC and gadgets user

>The keikaku is to kill off as many side characters as possible so that the likelihood of Reiji dueling/getting screentime increases
Bravo, Keikakuman

Will Metalfoes still be good with Kirin at 1?

Wrong picture user

Don't lewd the Citrus.

ahh yes we get noh gil bo animating the next chapter. The cards shilled better be good.

Goodbye, Crow.

>GB vs Blackwings
aww shieeet

I'm unironically sad, since I joined the ride in mid-Synchro and never understood the hate for Crow.

the hate for crow is because he instantly found his way into the power trio from 5D's because BUY BLACKWINGS

I wonder which Blackwing card triggers them the most

It's also the reason for the hate for Kaito in ARC-V, though in that case it's take over 1/3 of Xyz arc and temporarily take over Shun for a few episodes despite Kaito already having his time in ZEXAL because BUY CHIPERS.

Who even wants to buy Chipers? If anything, it makes me want them even less.

It has nothing to do with selling Ciphers. Kaito is an extremely popular character. They are trying to get his fanbase into the show by him appearing so often.

if they wanted the show to be successful they'd give it more budget and better animators

That reminds me, other than Ebina and Noh Gil-Bo, are there anymore good or at least decent animators?

It has nothing to do with budget or animators. DB Super looks like shit a lot of the time but it gets top 10 ratings every week. The problem is that the plot, characters and overall show itself doesn't interest people. Zexal was the most recent series so they gave the most popular character in it a lot of screen time to try and hook people.

junpei ogawa is pretty much a legendary animator, but he only animates a few scenes every now and then
the last time he worked on a scene was around 15 episodes ago

That korean named yuya is pretty good.

that's not my point
i'm saying that if they cared about making the show successful, they'd give it more ressources

Yuya Kawamura is pretty decent.

They might legitimately not be able to find that many, even if they convince Konami to throw money around. A recurring problem over the past half decade or so, as the volume of shows per season has risen, is there being only so many good animators with only so much time. Catching the decent ones is a matter of timing and networking.

Only the in-house guys (Ebina, Noh, Kuwamara, and the key animators they work with) can be called good without having to stretch it. Technically the character designer and chief AD have proven themselves to be good animators, but actually do very little actual animating on the show beyond corrections.

If they cared about the show being successful they'd hire competent staff.

The problem is that you don't know the budget. You don't know what resources they've given the show. There is also risk vs reward. Would it be worth it financially to give the show more of anything? At this point they're just riding the show out until the next which'll be revealed by years end.

Staff = Resources

There is any way to read the original YGO DM chapters in english and digitally?

I want to make some cool meme images of the Memory World Arc.

Kaito had his time back in ZEXAL and frankly should've stayed there. I'd rather not see the legacy characters anymore at this point.

Well, it's not really about you though. It's about them trying to entice old viewers to tune in. This isn't the first show to use legacy characters and won't be the last.

>It's about them trying to entice old viewers to tune in.
May I ask how'd that turn out?

I know from reading YouTube comments and forum posts that ARC-V attracted many old viewers, but I don't know how it went in Japan.

We don't have the numbers. It also is to entice people to buy sets with those characters cards. The Arc-V cast wasn't getting the job done for whatever reasons.

Do yourself a favor and move on to another series. Like murders and waifus? I suggest Dangan Ronpa

Fuck off.

>I suggest Dangan Ronpa
user, please.

Anyone who wanted to move on would have already done so (evidenced by dying threads) or asked in /wsr/ for recs, it's not like there's a shortage of shounen out there. I'm here for the long haul. I think Arc-V is still interesting enough to watch, but not for 'good' reasons.

I am here for the characters I am delusional enough to believe the ending is gonna be satisfying

>It's about them trying to entice old viewers to tune in.

I can attest to this. I never had a single interest in this show until I heard Jack and Crow were returning to which I decided to give it a try about a year ago. The first episode I watched was Yuya getting btfo by Jack in their first duel before I went back and started from the beginning.

>We don't have the numbers

We do.

I'm in this for the long haul. I already watch Vanguard and Buddyfight every week. And with the garbage of Triple D and the actually decent Stride Gate, I have no reason to give up on Arc-V. I totally believe that the pendulum can swing back and deliver an at least salvageable ending.

You have to BirixBiri, user.

oh yes, the infamous nico rankings
please tell me more about them user

We're less popular than fucking Servamp

That was only one episode. Still it is a shocker.

We have two instances of reported tv ratings, which is still very little. Neither broke 1.0, but who knows.

The keikaku is always doori!

The latest episode on Nico (118) had 70% giving it the lowest rating possible. We all know how generous the nips are with their Nico ratings so THAT REALLY SAYS SOMETHING.

I wish I had a japanese account so I could go through each episode and see what the ratings are and how they changed over time.

Hey Spellcasters maybe shit most of the time but I have a weakness for them. And you're right, they are a pet deck but my pet deck. Win or lose I just like having fun playing the card game.

>Goodbye Crow

Enlighten me.

Crow's not in the cast list for next week's episode. Chances of him being carded this week are very likely now.

Crow isn't even that bad in this show

Kill Kaito instead

He's supposed to be tag dueling with Sawatari, but he's not in the cast list for next week's episode even though Sawatari is. Amanda, Tanner and Frank also are in the cast list and that's a huge death flag.

>not get_your_game_on.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=a5dyphHphv4

There is also Hara, Takahashi, and Kagami. Hara has worked on Yu-Gi-Oh since DM and is usually a regular. He now seems to do key animation now. Kagami and Takagashi are rare and last worked on like 5 Zexal episodes combined. You can see more of their work in DM when they begin to branch out in mid BC.

Wait did Kaz animate any episodes? I only know he did a scene in BBT and he animated Yugi putting on his new duel disk in DSOD.

no, there is another who also has Takahashi as last name, funny huh?

Who wants to gouge their eyes out?

Hara only does key animation on OPs (and some EDs?), and otherwise re-draws cuts on the really QUALITY episodes. It's really obvious when something he's redrawn shows up in the middle of a really bad looking episode.

Also, user was obviously talking about animators who work on Arc-V right now, so I don't know why you're bothering to bring up Kazunori Takahashi and Kagami.

kill it

Arc-V is the lowest rated YGO TV show in history.

Go ahead and try to spin that, I need a good laugh.

Kagami is the only one so far i believe who could make the best translation of manga to animation and remain loyal to Kaz's style

Kill it

Then me