Religion destroys the environment

Have you noticed that most if not all climate change deniers are Christian? Same with the people, who support fewer environmental regulations, "car culture", fracking, etc.
Their opinions are based on the idea, that God has created the world, and the Bible is not a fairy tale, which means at least until the second coming we're safe. And since God created nature, he can take care of it and everything will be fine.
Religion prevents people from realizing how much power we have over nature in the 21st century. Science teaches us, that we are extremely lucky to live on a planet suitable for organic life, the ecosystem sustains itself just because it can with no higher purpose, and if we shit it up no deity will save us.
You're like children with flamethrowers in your hands, the Jew on a stick won't come back, only people can save people from self-destruction.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYj57PW_ROE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Atheism is just as much a religion as Christianity.

Logically the statements:

1) I don't believe in God;

2) I believe there is no God;

Are the same.

Therefore, Atheism is a statement of belief.

Ergo, STOP ATTEMPTING TO ESTABLISH A GOVERNMENT RELIGION.

>Fracking

There is literally nothing wrong with it, and I have no idea where the scare comes from. It's also highly environmentally-friendly.

Can someone please explain to me why people oppose fracking? It's like one of the most ridiculous things to take a stand against.

> Religion [noun]
> The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"Atheism is a religion", you can repeat this as many times as you want, but it won't make it true.

An officially atheist country is the world's biggest polluter.

Usually when people refer to Atheism as a religion, they just mean it as an insult to the perceived "religious" behavior of most atheists, not as a literal religion.

I have noticed this. Shitskin religions (judaism, christianity, islam) have it wrong.

All the chemical crap left after the process may reach our water supply one day. I don't really oppose it, but people should do it more carefully.

You're talking about the same people who exterminated sparrows and then starved because they didn't read much biology. The Chinese are dumb as rock.

Text me next time an atheist burns someone at the stake.

We should kill all the atheists as well so we'd get rid of communism and other idiocies of atheists.

>Have you noticed Sup Forums is being shilled hard with Anti-Christian threads.
CTR/SB/MM KEKS ... Are you happy with your life, living in a tiny box, with your toilet as a dining room chair? Is shilling for communists the life you envisioned? Are your making your parents proud?

>Climate change
>Real

Kek

>Tell me next time an atheist burns someone at the stake.

Communist China. Khmer Rouge. Soviet Russia.

You fucking moron.

>inb4 not real atheism
>inb4 "we're not a single person"
>inb4 "atheists are not all the same"

The hypocrisy reeks from miles away.

Oh, right, the fucking communists.
Well, that was a lazy non-argument anyway. I get it, both Atheists and see each other as misguided and think they are the ones who know the truth. One thing I don't understand, why are 3-2 thousand years old books are considered as compelling an evidence as the works of modern scientists.

>Communist China
Taoism
>Khmer Rouge
Taoism
>Soviets
(((Soviets)))

>why are 3-2 thousand years old books are considered as compelling an evidence as the works of modern scientists

Well I don't happen to be religious but I would say that it depends on the individual scientist, if they believe at all (and there are some that do.) It's important to understand that not all scientists are particularly wise or even intelligent. They shouldn't all simply be believed just because of their station--that would just be remaking the same mistakes of some other people.

Their genetic memory just has the witch burning and heretics torture in there.
Inertia and virtue signalling is all there is that supports drone scripts like christianity and islam.

Carbon dioxide is an inert gas.

The only genuine problem with witch burning is that witches don't exist, so you're probably burning an innocent woman.

>fracking
>bad
I worked on several frack sites and they are so tightly regulated.

You know what the most common incident on a frack pad is? Tripping/personal injury
The second? Diesel spills from idiots fueling improperly.

The oil and natural gas never spills a drop. Its by far the safest way to get oil. The only issues are retards falling down and hurting themselves.

Taken that north Korea, is an extremely atheist state. I can't see them being all that environmentally friendly. What with the nuclear testing and such.

Tell all the feminists on the witch sites that they don't exist. I dare you.

Climate Change people want to bury nuclear waste beside lake huron, 5th largest fresh water lake on earth

There are well established theories, agreed upon by the scientific community, which contradict the Bible. The Bible is supposed to be the word of God. One single mistake, one verse with a tiny drop of bullshit discredits the entire ideology, because God cannot make mistakes writing about the world he himself created, and humans cannot misinterpret or mistranslate it, because a truly believing reader is being guided by God.

>Religion destroys the environment
Didn't Atheist Commie Soviet Russia fuck some shit up? Aral Sea? Chernobyl?

1) I didn't say atheists were perfect.
2) I'm talking about the future, not the past.
3) There are many reasons why people are people treat the environment carelessly, but the thread is not about them all. It's only about religion being one of the major ones. The other reasons are poor education, greed, shortsightedness, dumb hope that we are lucky enough to avoid disaster without doing anything to prevent it (something we call "aвocь"), etc.

"people are" is a leftover from the first draft I forgot to erase, ignore it.

isn't china atheist?

You must be very young to still be thinking in the mindset that the choice is between science and religion. The two are not mutually exclusive. And you are completely wrong that atheists would magically care more about the planet for some reason. Most religions teach people to care about the Earth and the environment while an atheistic worldview leaves no rationality to care about anything. Atheism is a hedonistic worldview.

Authoritarianism is the problem. People who substitute violent judgment for intellectual integrity. On which note, what makes climate change "denial" so impenetrable is that climate change proponents are arrogantly unwilling to admit faults in their data or the processes by which they gather it. They're a corrupted version of science and they're draining credibility that science needs to be functional.
I want my transhuman future, but we're too busy demoralizing each other with bad climate models. People today are taught by "science" that the long run doesn't matter and there's no hope.

atheism is for dumb asses who just dont want any responsibility. i know a ton of "logical" ones who try to use strict logic and theyre all depressed nihilist bitches. sure, they can see the logical negative aspects of not caring about the earth but its not like theyll ever do anything about it. especially themselves because it ultimately doesnt matter so theres no reason to waste their energy on something that may not work out or happen anyways. hell, they might even die randomly so it matters even less
this. the idea that they dont "believe" in anything is so false it hurts. you cant reject a belief without the belief that its wrong. you can not believe it, but to reject is another story. they have stronger convictions than most people i know and not only about the world but about other people. they genuinely believe nothing effects them and they simply use strict rationale; oh if only everyone else could see its so simple? that they'd be the same person in a different time period due to the fact theyre not biased and also wouldnt be back then. the arrogance of thinking their subjective views are the ultimate truth.

they say things like the universe is expanding at an infinite amount even tho infinity is a concept a never ending number we cant understand. this leads to there being NO center in the universe, making us in fact the center as everything is the center so arguing the sun as the center of the universe is a non sequiter.

another one is the big bang theory. Even if they recreated a replica of our universe and everything it entails, they couldnt prove the big bang is the only possible way it can happen unless they went back to before there was anything and witnessed it from outside the conceivable universe, good luck with that. and even if they could what created the bang? it answers literally nothing other than humans are retarded

>you cant reject a belief without the belief that its wrong
Equivocation as you are misusing the definition of belief. Define the term belief? if you mean belief in what is supported by the evidence (the evidence shows it) then that is not the same as religious belief which is belief on faith not evidence.
> the arrogance of thinking their subjective views are the ultimate truth.
All of which religious people have been doing for centuries the only difference is they have a holy book and doctrine.
> they couldnt prove the big bang is the only possible way it can happen unless they went back to before there was anything and witnessed it from outside the conceivable universe
God of the gaps and eyewitness testimony is not needing if the evidence falls in line with it.

If the evidence shows a house was broken into, DNA of the thief in the house (such as blood, fingerprints and hair) and items in the house missing with the items being found in the thief's things it is clear that the person broke into the house and stole something even without eye witness testimony.

>I didn't say atheists were perfect
Atheists present a nihilistic narrative, where nothing matters because everyone dies in the end. Like baby boomers as they near end of life, atheists don't give a fuck about anything, even the environment.

>Atheists present a nihilistic narrative, where nothing matters because everyone dies in the end
Christians are nihilistic on the basis that they live for the end time and any decade was supposed to be the end of the world (why take care of the enviorment when Jesus is coming back?).

Christians have been pushing the end of the world decades for thousands of years but as recent examples the 80's. the late 90's, the early 2000's (specifically 2000) 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 (2013 and 2017 were the years we were supposed to be getting the RFID chip implants).

what? try again buddy. they have no evidence god doesnt exist other than their belief. you're a legit dipshit if you think science has disproved it. lol the big bang? i went thru why that was retarded already in my last point. morals? meaning? we're not supposed to be able to fully comprehend him and their precious (((science))) is capable of answering absolutely nothing that god is intended to answer. awful first point but ill go on to the second
yeah if the bible is correct they are in fact doing their best to be objective. the bible clearly says no one is perfect so everyone being a perfect follower was never supposed to be the case. they have faith its right you cant really argue about faith a ton and rome, america, europe are somewhat proof that christianity has something special about it that tend to make humans better if theyre being genuine
lol'd irl... again, that wouldn't prove that's the only possible way for it to happen or that that was the specific way it happened... that was a bunch of scientists trying to make it happen regardless. yet time before and everything after was on accident? im sure. can't prove what actually happened til they see it. keep having faith thats the only possible way tho and remember youre biased if you dont believe in (((science))) (belief has no place in science btw)

>Have you noticed that most if not all climate change deniers are Christian? Same with the people, who support fewer environmental regulations, "car culture", fracking, etc.
Atheism just like any other religion is about god and about sins.
>Their opinions are based on the idea, that God has created the world, and the Bible is not a fairy tale, which means at least until the second coming we're safe. And since God created nature, he can take care of it and everything will be fine.
Nothing will be fine, because you're a sinner. The bible says so. Adam's sin expelled humanity from garden Eden and made it mortal.
>Religion prevents people from realizing how much power we have over nature in the 21st century. Science teaches us, that we are extremely lucky to live on a planet suitable for organic life
There is your god complex.
>You're like children with flamethrowers in your hands, the Jew on a stick won't come back, only people can save people from self-destruction.
And there is your sin system.
As atheist you're sinning by breathing, by using fire, by eating pork. And because there is no afterlife, you face hell on earth instead.
Unless you pay for your sins with central bank money.
That's all that atheism is about.
Also it has a huge logical problem: With an white genocide ongoing there is absolutely no point for white people to "save the planet". Who needs a planet, if they are going extinct?

not only an accident, but came from NOTHING. how tf did it happen the first time...

Wrong from the very beginning. Not believing that there is milk in the fridge is not the same as believing there is no milk in the fridge.

moron. having faith there isnt milk in the fridge is indeed the same as having faith there isn't milk in the fridge. you're not supposed to be able to fully comprehend you mongrel

or is and isn't MY BAD

i dont believe youre that stupid you actually think that not believing there's milk is in the fridge defaults to being unbiased or something? and if thats not what you were going for why did you make this retarded post? are you really ugly and just want to talk?

>where nothing matters because everyone dies in the end
Everyone dies at the end and then it's over. No afterlife, our planet and some of the surrounding space is the only place we are going to see, and only once for a relatively brief period of time, because there is no reincarnation either. Same applies to our children. Only a complete anti-social loser would be a nihilist and an atheist at the same time.
Funnily enough, I've met a lot of atheists in my life, by that I mean A LOT, perhaps most people I know are atheists, but I'm yet to meet one single nihilistic euphoric vaping fedora tipper, so far I've only seen them on meme pictures.

>most if not all climate change deniers are Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=sYj57PW_ROE

if you're an atheist and not a nihilist you're extremely illogical or not really an atheist... and i'm sure everyone's who called themselves an atheist has truly thought about it and thought about where there values came from... stupid ass

someone with judeo-christian values and has never really thought about more than "derrr god isnt in the sky and i cant see him so he isnt there" isnt an atheist. sorry

What am I then?
> inb4 an idiot

probably agnostic if you really thought about it and considered values if you have any. i know a lot of "atheists" too and most are cool but definitely dont reject things based on it being illoigcal and still have faith in certain ideas like treating people how the want to be treated but reject the "fairy tale" shit like hell. they have no idea where there values came from and do not operate from a logical standpoint and if they did they surely wouldnt be as happy. or they havent thought about genesis more than that its stupid and that science has somehow proved it wrong when its not possible to prove something like that right or wrong as i explained why in earlier posts. we'll never personally know if the bible or any other theory caused it

Who created the DNA?

I don't live by Judeo-Christian values. The basis of those values is worship of God. Everything we do we do for God, because He hath commanded so. Over the course of several centuries, we have been cherrypicking religious moral standards and creating our own. What we have ended up with has defined our nations, but it was not the law and the kind society the Bible demands. Our values are shaped by our natural needs, reward system and observation of society (does allowing X or prohibiting Y harm it or make it better?).
We live within a certain moral framework because it works, not because of God. The problem is, the definition of "works" varies, which is why we still have politics and debates.

well not completely true. with complete deterioration of the basis youre going to lose the values that are not based on rationale or an already set bias. there's a reason that atheist soviet union could kill 30 million for the better of society. that would never happen in america unless of course the religion and values keep deteriorating and we'd rather have heaven on earth than work for something greater in hopes we lived a good life. russian society is christian, it's effected you from the way you treat someone to the way you celebrate, express gratitude, grieve. there's a reason degeneracy goes up as religion goes down. dont take values for granted humans are animals too

>they havent thought about genesis more than that its stupid and that science has somehow proved it wrong when its not possible to prove something like that right or wrong
According to the Bible, the Earth was created around 7500 years ago. Finding anything that is older than that kills it.
> inb4 radiocarbon dating is a hoax
For some reason, the Bible, especially Genesis, chose to be very precise about time (you don't have to be an expert to figure out how many years have passed between the creation of the Earth and the flood, for example), so you can't chalk it up to misunderstanding or misinterpretation.

idk a ton about christianity tbqh i just know how strong faith can be. im pretty sure the lines are open to interpretation tho ive heard people argue that there's no specification that it meant much more than the beginning of human society. if you can prove otherwise i'll take your word for it but statement from still completely stands

>inb4 radiocarbon dating is a hoax
It's all relative and based on (wrong) assumptions:
1. fallacy: Conditions on Earth were exactly the same millions of years ago as they where today
2. fallacy: The actual numbers based on older made up theories (Geological column) are actually reliable.

>statement from still completely stands
It does, that's actually what prevents me from taking a political stance, I'm still trying to figure out what exactly shapes my opinion and worldview. It hasn't turned me into a nihilist however, but who knows maybe in a few years it will.

we all are bud and i've already gone through nihilism phase. i'm sure most people who actually think about these things at least run into it. mine lasted like from like 18-22 but ive never thought about things like the statement we agreed on so maybe you'll just have a quick run in if at all. and same i dont really care for christianity but i do like the supposed american values and at least recognize the importance of them at least in my life which is why im usually just on whichever side isnt pushing their shit on other people