So many bong hate threads today, especially from Burgers...

So many bong hate threads today, especially from Burgers, but secretly we all know they wish they still had a claim to our great legacy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoticity_in_English
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonological_history_of_English
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cuck

sod off

Wouldnt you know a language sounds best with the accent it was originally meant to be spoken with. Imagine my shock.

They hates us coz they ain't us!

Americans speak the original English, it evolved in Britain. I know its not your fault you are a spastastic retard but please stay away from your keyboard.

Your accent subconsciously adds 10 IQ points to us burgers

We enjoy the soft spoken posh accent. The kinds that normall brits don't have. Don't try and pretend that the average brit doesn't have a gross accent that can barely be understood.

I like the Tilda Swinton accent, whatever that's called.

Who wouldn't prefer an English homeland accent?

But here's the catch: Hardly any Brits are speaking like that anymore. You watch films from the 1960s, 1970s - proper English accent. You watch films from today, or even BBC news - everybody speaks live a chav and is even proud of it.

The English have come a long way. A long, downhill way that is.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the vast majority of british accents sound like unintelligible, semi-moronic garbage to most americans. the only people we're capable of understanding are those with a southeastern or london accent.

As a latino I want you to know that your accent is fucking horrible

>Mfw dad doesn't rule the waves anymore

Then why didn't they voice Rick and Morty with British VAs?

Checkmate

>Americans speak the original English
Which ones? And how does that make any sense? If an accent evolved in Britain, then it would've evolved here too past whatever the original was.

Ok Hector you shitmonkey.

kek.
jew deception BTFO

Mad cuz your language died years ago and now you are stuck with your shit tongue that sounds like you are eating a very hot potato

As a white American, I want to let you know that your opinion is both shit and completely unimportant.

caught the jew
now we gas

You clearly haven't heard Spanish people.

At least my grandmother has never visited me in prison esse.

I'm visiting the Columbia SC for a week, will my accent be popular?

Someone should do an English accent power rankings list. Devon should be somewhere at the top though.

They are thinking of Patrick Stewart, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Patrick McGoohan etc.

But real life Englishmen don't talk like that anymore. Instead, they are proud of their proletarian way to butcher their own language.

I heard the same thing, apparently our accent was the one that changed, and we used to have an accent which more closely resembled the modern US accent. I think I heard it on qi but I never verified it personally.

Americans like Paki accents?
How progressive

I talk like that along with at least 50% of people in England... Wales and Scotland don’t count.

personally cant stand the accent of people from britland

I'll for sure acknowledge I listen to audio books with british accents more often, that gay homo Stephen Fry has such a soothing voice. I ain't worried though :^) 1776.

Your accent is beautiful. Your current state and many Ls in wars, not so much.

GO AWAY, BATIN

New Zealand has the worst accent, it sounds fucking ridiculous.

>merishart talking about wars

You should be nice to us, within the next ten years we're going to be asked to spend a lot of money and some lives to liberate you from the commies and muzzies.

My apologies, then. I haven't really got around your country, stayed mostly in London because of sights and museums. The only two people I've ever heard speaking "proper" English there were a Chinese cook in Soho and a delivery man in Mayfair.

>people from britland

Don't call them people, and never let them sit on the couch.

The only Anglo accent that sounds bad is Canadian.

/thread

France got their asses kicked by gooks.

>latino
hahaha
you're not even a human being
neck yaself cattle

Otto in a fish called wanda was spot on when it comes to the brits.

Anybody who thinks power should continue unabated from generation to generation of pedo inbreds is 100% cuck

I actually prefer my voice to Bongistani dialect.
And it seems to work better with slavic women too, so im happy.

actually go to the UK and you might change your mind. They have their bad dialects just like we do. Not everyone sounds like aristocracy there, Americans are just stupid and think the TV is reality.

I can't really tell American and Canadian accents apart. A proper British accent is amazing. Australian accents sound weird, and New Zealand accents sound downright retarded.

IIRC the North Carolina area comes the closest to sounding like the English accent of old.

How about that South African accent though

>fookin prawns

Out of the 4 or 5 britbong accents, only one sounds intelligent.

Your accent it's as bad as your personality and general dental care.

>How about that South African accent though

To my beautiful German ears, it sounds just like a British chav accent.

British accent is just as new as the American accent. Both are post-Revolutionary war developments.

>I can't tell American and Canadians apart
there is virtually no difference, between middle America and Canadian accents. I've often met Canadians and not know they were Canadian until they say "I'm Canadian"

Now there is an obvious difference between Quebec and Lousiana. But I doubt those groups ever meet each other.

I've always preferred British accents for audiobooks, I'm way less likely to get distracted
I think its because the american accent is all you ever hear on TV, radio, etc. so I'm used to thinking of it like random background noise

Implying we have 4 or 5 accents what about Sean bean, he has a Yorkshire accent, thats not like a south eastern accent, would you say that sounds retarded?

Nothing like listening to my books being narrated by a British Paki in Pidgin.

Nice. Never hear Americans know the meaning of sod off.

Not a fair comparison, and I think you know it.

Unrestricted aerial bombardment of civilian centers was what won WW2. By the time we were fighting jungle people, it was no longer politically correct to fight ears properly.

Vietnam would have been won in short order if we'd taken off the kid gloves and started genociding the north. Same PC bullshit that cost us the Korean war.

>not a single person in my family has been to prison
>have capital in 2 different countries
Come on faggot, at least say something that can be applied to me, Im probably smarter and more of a gentleman than you

It depends on where the Canadian is from. It's a subtle difference but you can still tell unless they were from a city or something. I've met some from Ontario and Alberta and they had that gay leaf accent. You need to open your ears if you don't think there's a difference between their accent and middle America.

Get out of my country

Surprised that BBC has not made a documentary yet about how niggers were the original English speakers and taught it to the primitive white man.

American English is no different to Pidgin English. Also Americans should drive on the right side of the road

Yep. Total retard. Now defend the Manchester accent, you faggot.

Proud citizen, Im here to stay faggot... and to probably produce more than you

>no different to Pidgin English
>different to
Way to grammar there, bong.

Why do you fags drive on the passenger side

IDD Manchester and Birmingham should be nuked, but it’s not like the USA doesn’t have its own equivalents.

>Also Americans should drive on the right side of the road
clever

kek
>user please, don't gp putting ideas in their heads
like:
>ITV 9pm - "the secret roots of dialect" Part 6 - English "

Chav niggerspeak is the fucking worst.

*go

It depends what you mean by proper, if you mean someone that sounds like the royal family it’s pretty rare, more likely you’ll meet and poo larping as a Brit and hear a fake Received Pronunciation accent.

Maybe because of this

bongs, gave us the torch

thank you

Let's turn this into a Bong hate thread

This contains a grain of truth while being very far from actually correct.

You really need to be a linguist to understand the distinction, but American accents preserves some features that have been lost from 'Queens English' (RP English). However, this does not mean that American accents are the original English, as they have altered in others ways. It's only RP English that has changed significantly from 'original' English. Regional British accents have preserved original English accents, more or less, and obviously they sound nothing like American accents.

Oi Gov!!

Me Teef is awll wonkay!

>Hardly any Brits
not sure that is actually all that accurate
brits find it a bit hard to willfully change thier own accent without trace
film and tv etc are for consumption not emulation in I think most brits minds possibly?

This makes sense. I'm not quite autistic enough to study linguistics to the point where I could comment on it though.

female voices. everyone wants kate bekinsale to read them a book. no one wants Russell Brand or some other homosexual brut "male".

>tfw your stepdad sucks Muslim cock

I realized a few years ago that fucking hell was a part of my usual vernacular. I didn't realize until a bong coworker laughed at me after I said it.

Have you ever heard someone from South Africe?

It basically boils down to you pronounce the letter 'r' in places that RP English doesn't.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhoticity_in_English
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonological_history_of_English

British English only sounds good when spoken by classy milf from 70's. But it's a very romanticized idea of it. In reality it's basically oi m8 fok off, spoken by a muslim immigrant.

>everyone wants kate bekinsale
me too actually

I personally can’t stand it, it’s my second worst right after Indian. I’m not sure why, maybe because every South African I seem to meet is dodgey as fuck/fucking crazy.

got some SA mates in the uk, love it, almost well, >gemanic

thats why i like them, i fit right in

I don't think so, listening to quebecois wants me to burst in laughter everytime I hear it despite the fact they apparently conserved the way french spoke in the 17th century.

I always assumed that when speaking French, French Canadians sound to French like regular Burgers sound to us when speaking English.

im starting to go off Finlanders a bit.

ffs
go suck on a penguin

Whats the point in a legacy? It means something is finished.

American accents and british can both be good or bad.

Hanz jafaican is only heard in teens and inner city areas like uptalk is or was.

Of course bbc sounds like that its the (((bbc))).

show your real flag achmed

>white teeth

I like the british accent too. But I like watching german documentaries, they sound so professional.

It’s funny how much the Germans I meet hate the Austrian accent. Arnold Swarznegger was gonna dub his own terminator film in German, but apparently for them it would sound like a farmer or something.

We just like the sound of RP, the rest of your accents are shit. The truth is, when the average American thinks of Great Britain we think of posh people and ignore the majority of your culture. Your "legacy" is dwindling away as we speak, and you're hear bragging about audio books.

kek
we wuz english

here*