White Album 2

So I just finished this and I just feel plain sad. What's your opinion on this anime? Did you like the ending?

it's shit

Season 2 never.

It was an interesting show, but a sad ending. Afaik it didn't sell too well, so the ending(s) in coda will probably never be made.

Still better that the first one
That shit was like watch school days, Saikano and Guilty Crown at the same fucking time.

I was thinking of starting that, is it that bad?
I also think like that too, until episode 9 everything gone so well and nice, but went downhill after that.

Saekano was better.

Saekano is a completely different kind of show though. It get's a season two next year I think.

Season 2 hasn't been made, and probably never will be.

I'm sure I've seen White Album Second Season somewhere, that's the second season of the first one then I think

Baby's first generic teen love triangle.
Solid 7/10 thanks to the music though.

I disagree with you about the show going downhill after episode 9. For me, episode 10 was the highlight since it gave the view of Kazusa and establishes her as the "true love." But honestly, I think it depends on who you shipped. It seems a bit out of nowhere at first but having watched the show a second time a year later, there are very clear hints of who Haruki "truly" liked. I never really understood why Setsuna fell for him either which is why I thought episode 10 was a great episode.

that's toradora

>Still better that the first one
I wouldn't compare them since they're entirely different shows.

White Album was more like a dorama or even a kdrama; it really had no business being an anime since otaku who watch it don't care for that type of story.

Ending is shit. Rest was bad. Two girls love me, now my nice guy personality is a problem. Just fuck off. The girls are clingy and gross. whole thing is written like they're the only 3 people in the world

>Toradora
>Love triangle
No.

Correcting myself: I meant gone melancholic with gone downhill.
And I shipped Setsuna at the beginnings but that became Kazusa after.
I think what you're saying about episode 10 makes sense but it made me sad that Kazusa didn't show her feelings to Haruki, that's why I disliked it.

The guy sold out fucking hard to Aniplex the first chance he got after this unfortunately. Now he just writes otaku bait trash with shitty annoying as fuck characters like Saekano and Classroom Crisis that are the polar opposite of what made White Album 2 so above average for a high school romance anime. If you want to spectacularly end your career and the chance of anyone taking you remotely seriously ever again in just a couple years that's about the best way to do it.

>White Album 2 so above average for a high school romance anime.
I wouldn't say it's above average. I mean in terms of VNs then yeah, it's quite high quality. But there are definitely comparable romance anime.

Oh, then I'll agree with you despite me buying into that sort of formulaic approach with love stories/triangles. To be fair, the triangle elements were a bit hidden until the 10th episode as well. Still, it's effective for me at least but that can be attributed to my experiences with kdrama and such.

Regarding the Kazusa/Haruki romance, it has to do with "social norms" (the best word I can think of) -- they were never seen as potential partners by friends and the teacher in episode 10 enforced that notion. That's also a peeve I have with the show -- most of Haruki's friends thought Kazusa was no good for him. Though I don't think they were in any position to judge. There were a lot of obstacles in Kazusa's way to say the least.

Best Slice of Life I've ever seen.

TOUMA
O
U
M
A
Also he wrote this good series but wrote a bunch of shitty other series

>tfw you rooted for the wrong girl

Touma was literally the best girl. Shame the show had such an ending.

Why they didn't finish the story?

Yup, unfortunately. What do you think about the ending?

Knowing that this was the first of three parts made the me more accepting of the ending despite its inconclusiveness. I was glad that things swayed the way of Kazusa towards the end but displeased that she and Haruki could not be together. I'd say the ending was bittersweet since they finally confessed but couldn't be together. However, reading spoilers of Kazusa's True End in CODA makes the ride -- their trials and tribulations -- worth it.

The way the show worked was in two parts -- establishing the three central characters' friendships and the deterioration of it because of the triangle. What I truly appreciate about this work is the "maturity" of the characters -- they blamed themselves. Setsuna for "taking" Haruki away from Touma, and Haruki and Touma for "betraying" Setsuna.