Koe no Katachi

Why make this 2 years after the manga and hype ended? No one cares about any sort of adaptation anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

hummingbird.me/anime/koe-no-katachi/reviews/15068
twitter.com/hashtag/聲の形?src=hash
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Speak for yourself

Because Kyoani is making it.
Kyoani doesn't need previous hype, it generates its own hype by just being good at everything.

I like this book

Maybe in 2009, KyoAni is hated by most otaku nowadays.

If u gay hahaha

Fuck you, I'm going to watch it.

Are you retarded? What's the point in making a movie of an unfinished manga? Better when all source is out than having to stop in the middle.

Probably someone at Kyoani really wanted to do it.

You're acting like adaptations of unfinished sources are rare. This movie won't gross nearly the same amount as when it was still fresh in the minds of the otaku.

Whether they're late, or not, I'm going to watch the fuck out of this show. This manga is great

100% redeemed if this movie is good.

Best studio all years if they add some proper romance to the ending.

>show
oh, user

Some anons just want to see the world burn.

2 years is a pretty short time actually for adaptations

I can't wait for Kyoani to go bankrupt so they stop holding the industry back.

You're mom.

KyoAni has reached the nirvana of anime studios: their work is popular enough on its own merits that they don't have to worry how well the rest of the property sells.

What about Phantom world, Kyokai no Kanata, Tamako Market, etc.

Double retard!

What about them? They all likely broke even, considering KyoAni owned the IPs.

I hope they juice up the ending a little bit

>add some proper romance to the ending
I don't think it's needed, desu

I REALLY hope this becomes popular and makes lots of money for Kyoani, but I'm worried it'll be a massive flop and lose them money.

>no kiss at the end
It's perfect for Kyoani

Their last anime had 3 kisses though

The "healing" was dumb and over blown. Not everyone is an emotional babby that needs to be coddled over the fact that they were once bullied in highschool.

Show it, nigger

But HEALING threads were the best, you faggot.

Yes but they were not popular at all, the thing you were arguing about.

Literally none of those are romantic

>selfcest
BASED KYOANI

>moving goalposts

Middle one is clearly passionate rape.

They must have been pretty popular, or they wouldn't have sold the way they did.
Do you know how many series fail to sell as much as Tamako Market?

Will it gross less than Tamako Love Story and finally bury Yamada's career?

>Because Kyoani is making it.
>Kyoani doesn't need previous hype, it generates its own hype by just being good at everything.

This

Branding is a very powerful marketing tool

Reminder shops in Japan literally have sections devoted to Kyoani.
And no that's not Kyoani shop it's Kotobukiya in Akiba

The "kyoani shop!" has to be one of the cutest logo I've seen

>unfunny forced memes are the best

Whatever you say, fag-o-tron.

The KyoAni brand is pretty much dead nowadays.

The next round of preview screenings begin today and continue into next week. Expect more reviews and impressions from attendees.

Has anyone done reviews aside from that guy who was completely vague?

hummingbird.me/anime/koe-no-katachi/reviews/15068

Same guy, a little less vague.

I'm not reading that wall of text. Was it good?

>No one cares
>literally everyone is going to watch it
weak bait

He gave it a 4.5/5

In internet language that means it's meh

Still not enough for me.

He also called it an arthouse film.

In summary:
>Obviously, a lot of "fluff" was cut out.
>Some characters get less development than in the manga.
>Key scenes (plot points) happen without much filler in-between.
>It streamlines the source while keeping its spirit.
>Themes of redemption and true friendship.
>"riveting scenes of solitude and careful self-reflection"
>Heavy use of character acting to portray feelings.
>It has some montages of things that happen in the manga.
>Visually stunning ("I could go on and on and run out of superlatives to describe aesthetic quality of this movie").
>More Yamada camera lens effects.
>Beautiful visual symbolism.
>"Yamada lets the visuals and audio speak for the work itself"
>The OST is subdued in comparison with Ping Pong, "fitting", somber piano pieces, some scenes completely silent.

You're retarded op. I liked the manga and I'm looking forward to seeing it animated.

kys

Too bad it won't get screenings in the west, it was actually a no brainer since the manga is currently being translated and serialized over here. Japan doesn't care about this movie, though.

I hope its tasteful

Deaf pussy tastes wonderful.

The noises would kill even the hardest of boners.

You don't like Chex Mix?

I also hope they change the ending a bit, it was kind of anticlimatic. But if they manage to do it sort of like they did in Hyouka, I'm content.

I don't think the movie is going to be targeted on otakus, but more on the general market. At least that's what I hope.

>some scenes completely silent.
It's like pottery.

>Romance
Kill yourself, it's not a romance manga you cliche-eating fuckface

>The "healing" was dumb and over blown
Why read a manga about healing if you didn't want that?

>>Some characters get less development than in the manga.
>>Key scenes (plot points) happen without much filler in-between.
So it's rushed I get it.

Well, I still have the manga not that I expected Kyoto Animation to do much with just a movie.

>>Visually stunning ("I could go on and on and run out of superlatives to describe aesthetic quality of this movie").
This is good but I don't really care about visuals either(as long as they're ok it's fine, story is more important) so I guess it's not for me, I will still watch it but I doubt i'll enjoy it.

I'm afraid the joke here has gone over my head.

>it's not a romance manga
And? It has a romance subplot, he feels that that subplot was not resolved to his satisfaction.

>every technical aspect got 4/4.5
>characters only got a score of 3.5

Like a lot of kyoani stuff, sadly.

Most anime fans usually need things spelled out for them. I'm not saying KyoAni characters have huge depth but sometimes you need to be actually paying attention to catch quirks and subtleties in their characterization.

I was more going the route that they choose to adapt things with pretty bland and barley nuanced characters anyway.

At least in comparison to the effort in visuals it makes the characters often look dull.

Tamako Market and to a lesser extent Hyouka felt like I was watching paint dry.

Hyouka was all about the characters though, the godawful mysteries were the reason the show ended up disappointing.

Why do the clothes looks so fucking weird?

A problem I have with a lot of media, tv, and anime is that it's not believable these characters never display a full range of emotions.

Never really get to see them properly angry, laugh, cry etc.

With Koe No Katachi and the subject of it I'm hoping for more human behaving characters.

You're a retard. The mysteries were great.

Holy fuck the amount of stupidity that just came out from your mouth is amazing op.

> it's not believable these characters never display a full range of emotions
Unless you're thinking of something more specific than is clear, that sounds like a pretty autistic concern. You're telling a story, obviously characters aren't always going to display a given emotion.

What stupidity? You can't deny KnK is the least hyped anime movie of August/September

After Your Name, In This Corner of the World and Kizumonogatari II, and Planetarian, Koe no Katachi has absolutely no chance whatsoever to do well.

What makes matters worse is that the movie got bad reception. So there goes word of mouth for you. This shit movie is doomed. Thank God.

>KyoAni
>proper romance
user...

It wasn't resolved well because it's not a romance story and it was tacked on to pander to retards like you who want waifus in everything.

Cut out the romance and it becomes a 10/10.

>saori hayami doing another disgusting soft voice
Wish she would voice more angry or bitchy girls. Or just stick to singing.

>bad reception
Uh huh.

Not like that, I'm meaning the characters are often such bland marionettes devoid of any real flaws or relatability as human beings that without it it's often boring as the plots and settings are dull.

Think of Kyon nearly taking a hand to Haruhi and how that was a genuinely gut wrenching moment.

How Kyon acted in various episodes compared to Oreki in Hyouka, or whats his face in Chuunibyou, Kyon is more of a fully fledged character.

Show me a good reception from a non Gaijin review.

twitter.com/hashtag/聲の形?src=hash

I'm not the one claiming it got good reviews in Japan from the 8/24 screening, you're the one that claimed it got "bad reception". Where are your examples of bad reception?

>Why read a manga about healing if you didn't want that?

The healing is the least interesting aspect of the series. Mostly because the "wounds" were fairly shallow to begin with.

Koe no Katachi on the front page of Kyoto newspaper.

Not that impressive.

According to whom? Based on what?

>According to whom
It's clearly according to him, you nigger.

Many anime have been in the newspaper.

That's cute.
Meanwhile, Kimi no Na wa's ads are being run endlessly on several national TVs.

replies to

You're saying this like that's the only ad for Koe no Katachi.

I'd hope so, it's the only one actually out.

Sahara best girl.

Be honest: Would you have chex with her?

Height: 5'11" or 180cm.

Are you taller than her, Sup Forums?

Look at this HUGE poster!

>girl
>1 inch away from 6 ft