What is a truly great life?

Sup Forums ,

What does it take to live a truly great life? How should I live? What should I focus on? I feel like these questions are deeper than many of you realize.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is a truly great life?
Not mine atm, desu senpai :'(

What's wrong germ?

Nor mine either, user.

Sorry I can't help.

bitches be crazy
like literally
like dangerously crazy

Wife kids work, in that order.

Most of you scoff at this, but if you do it right they are the best things in life.

The meaning of life is that which the world has roughly forged me to do, with my own participation, so that I may maximally fulfill myself by satisfying its needs, as sacrificing either for the other's sake (as in collectivism and individualism) typically leads to mutual dysfunction. Since the separation between the individual and the world is a useful illusion, occasional (apparent) sacrifices may be necessary to satisfy a greater teleology, traditionally understood as the Will of God, a synthesis of individuals' and society's highest values and aspirations, so defined by their potential to motivate the satisfaction of fundamental human needs, bringing about the Kingdom of Heaven.

What about god and philosophy? Making the world a better place?

I guess those can apply as work?

He who lessens the burden of a fellow man has lived a life worth living.

once you have kids that are 3+ years you will want to attend church

Ok, here's my take coming from having spent the last 10 years of my life after college on a fucking roller coaster ride.

>What does it take to live a truly great life?
First, stop trying to plan your life out. It only makes God laugh. Accept the fact that nothing in your life is going to go how you plan, so learn to trust in God and take what he throws at you.

Second, don't put your faith in things of this earth. You're here for a short time, then you have eternity after death. Focus on doing God's will. I can tell you everytime I stray from this my life goes to shit.

Third, do not judge yourself by the expectations of man. Instead, focus on how God would want you to live, and tell everyone else to BTFO. I've been ridicules sure. But I'm much happier than my detractors will ever know.

>How should I live?
Simply. Prayerfully. Peacefully. Do not start fights, but don't be afraid to end the motherfucker that starts one with you. Pray always and often, even if it's a simple "My day sucks God. Would really like some help about now." (These seem to be most of my prayers. Strangely, it works.)

>What should I focus on?
Growing closer to God. Finding a comfortable, sustainable life and be content with it. A woman that is honest, appreciates you for being a man, and wants to help you get to heaven. Find a job you can grow in, stay in it as long as you need to to develop crucial KSAs and then look to move up. This will take time, so don't be discouraged (trust me. Took me over 30 interviews to finally land the job I am in now.) Always improve yourself, and don't ever call yourself a failure. Failures are people who give up and refuse to keep growing. You don't strike me as a failure though, from asking these questions.

Hope these help. Don't get discouraged. Life is rough. Learn to be rougher.

Why would god create us just to focus on a life after death? Shouldn't we focus on this world?

Didn't mean to discount the other knowledge. I'll think on everything you've said. Just that one line was something I had a question about.

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/119277518/#119286689

gotcha. ty

You're welcome.

Because this world is a trial to see who truly loves him. It didn't start out that way. But we fucked things up when we started following evil instead of God's will.

Think of it this way. The only way to know if someone truly loves you is to give them the choice. You can try to convince them to love you, even threaten them, but ultimately, true love is a choice. We all have a choice whether to love God or not, and he allows us to freely have it. He loves us without end, so much so that he is willing to be hurt by our rejection in order to obtain our true love. Otherwise, it wouldn't be true love. We'd be more like robots, programmed to love him, which is a false sense of love.

So by putting us on this earth, he is seeing who truly loves him and who doesn't. Those who don't will reject him in the afterlife and condemn themselves to hellfire. It isn't that God wants to condemn people. But with perfect love comes perfect justice. As a parent would (and should be doing more often given the amount of little shits running around) punish a misbehaving child to correct them, so too does God.

We can help people in this world and doing good things in it, but this world isn't perfect. It never will be. So we will always be disappointed by it no matter our efforts. But what God offers in Heaven is the perfect world: no war, no hate, no injustice, no evil. That's why we should focus more on getting to heaven and not be disheartened by this tragedies of this world.

I don't believe in free will, just the illusion of free will. Do we even really have a choice? It seems an absurd proposition.

the proposition that we're only here as a test to see who loves him i mean.

Live morally. Be vegan, be libertarian, and endeavor to make the world a better place.

>absurd
that is the answer, Camus had it right.

The only other option is to do battle with demons on the astral realm, drop acid, and murder a hooker.

Life used to be about building things, like how trump built his little empire, or even just gas station owners build up their buisness and expand,

I haven't seen anyone really building anything under the age of 30, everything they build is a scam or get rich quick, it a fugazi.

well said

The company of just and righteous men is better than wealth and a rich estate.

work out, make a family and do whats right

This.

One where your children do better than you in life and love you.

>b-but I don't want children
Sorry kiddo that's the cost.

Pretty sure it's the opposite. Life a life for others is what many say. A life of service.

Aren't there amazing depths to life that reach far beyond this simple situation. Aren't the complexities of science, exploration, and creation equally as righteous?

Live for others, when others are lying to you and expliting you, then stare at mirror and say youre proud. HF LOL
@OP it's impossible, unless you're born amongst the very rich

Doing what you want and not letting others judgement affect your happiness. I got the second part down and Im working on getting the first one down. future k9 officer. love animals and am fascinated with the criminal mind.

One of science and discovery. If you want to go the mass butthurt libshit suicide way I suggest publishing a research paper about race and IQ that iss peer reviewed, has thousands of participants and was researched for 50 years with all different variables across the continents. I can't partake in such a feat because sadly I am a brainlet.