This show is gay as fuck

this show is gay as fuck

Sukeroku fucks bitches left and right, only Kiku is kinda faggy but he still had girlfriends I guess
So only like half gay

>but he still had girlfriends I guess
that he never has sex with because he's a fucking shut in weirdo

this show is fucking great though I'm really surprised; everyone was busy sucking konosuba's dick while this came from the same studio and flew under everyone's radar

I don't really think it flew under everyone's radar, the threads while it aired were ok, but it definitely didn't get as nearly as much attention as Konosuba. Oh well, at least we're getting S2

the threads didn't even hit the bump limit did they?
I'll admit I passed on the show because I thought the premise was retarded, and I honestly still think that rakugo is dumb but damn it's a good drama and it definitely knows how to keep your attention

It was garbage.

why

It was so good that there was nothing to shitpost about so there weren't TOO many threads.

Pretty much everyone who actually watched it thought it was AOTS.

And even if it's gay, Sukeroku and Kiku's friendship is really good. Objectively miles better than the straight relationships in it.

faggot

As expected of a BL mangaka. The story is subtextually haunted by queerness in the form of Kiku being the woman to Sukeroku's man, which is reiterated on several levels of the plot.

You are.

No.

No, you're gay as fuck OP

check out the second season coming up

So where was the guys fucking guys or girls fucking girls, didn't happen now did it, your post shows your own insecurity about your own sexuality and your lack of maturity. Enjoy good story telling and animu when ya see it

It's like boys can't be friends or anything.

Females are unable to write or imagine a relationship between men without it being at least slightly gay.
Because friendship for women is is most cases just backstabbing and lying, they don't understand the concept of actual friendship, all the more true for shut-in BL mangaka.

>I honestly still think that rakugo is dumb
It's literally just one person telling a story in a theatrical way, nothing dumb about it.

Oh fuck off, it was literally the worst show to come out that season.

Unforgivable boring and uninteresting from beginning to end, not a single interesting idea or concept was discussed or executed, the climax is some melodramatic over exaggerated bullshit as well. The animation was shit, mostly stagnent models with moving mouths, the sound track forgettable. The plot? as predictable as it could have been, this show literally did nothing right, and fags like you pretend you enjoyed it.

What was AOTS then and why?

Nope, most of people who watched it placed it at #2 right behind KonoSuba. Miyokichi a shit.

Konosuba

Holy shit, you are serious. Konosuba was enjoyable, sure, but it does not even play in the same league as rakugo.

It does. Both shows were strong eights. Sad thing is, they're still competing for AOTY depending on how Re:zero and Amanchu will develop (Flying Witch is there too).

>Nope, most of people who watched it placed it at #2 right behind KonoSuba
I can't believe I'm reading this.

>you're not allowed to like popular KonoSuba if you call yourself a fan of Rakugo
Please don't shitpost with 0048 image.

>Re: zero
There's no hope for you are still watching that garbage.

>hurr muh reddit
Kill yourself.

How is it shitposting? That's the first time I've seen someone post that and it's being posted as a 100% truth. In the winter AOTS threads I never saw anyone hold that position.

Gay subtext is really strong.
Funny, considering the manga itself is not as gay.
Conclusion, Deen is gay af.

We must have browsed different threads then. I usually saw people putting KonoSuba as #1 and Rakugo #2.

If you are unironically calling it a AOTY contender you seriously have a despicable taste.

By 'people' you mean autists with no sense of humor.

>you can't like this single show I dislike and everything about you is shit because of that one thing
You're one of the worst kinds of posters and main reason why it's hard to hold a sensible discussion here.

Prepare for out of control cuckposting during season 2.

What kind of sensible discussion? comparing shows that are worlds apart and ranking them? Doomed from the start user.

Bro I liked Konosuba but you can not honestly tell me it was better storywise or overall than Rakugo. The last couple episodes (of Konosuba) were incredibly weak and felt way too rushed.

I'm not treating them as same genre. Anime is primarily entertainment and it can achieve this goal in many different ways. Story isn't everything, light hearted shows aren't worse by definition. Art and music were equally fitting in both titles and seiyuu did amazing job.
Yes, second half of KonoSuba was weaker (but difference wasn't huge) than first one but last episode was possibly the best in whole show. Meanwhile Rakugo was underwhelming in its finale because of Miyokichi who introduced unneeded melodrama. I think Rakugo would easily win if her role was toned down but overall both titles seem to be on similar level to me, even if their routes to that point and especially tools used were vastly different.

>Meanwhile Rakugo was underwhelming in its finale because of Miyokichi who introduced unneeded melodrama.
Heh.

Watch season 2 is all I'm saying.

>Anime is primarily entertainment
I mean, yeah it is, but why not hold it to a higher standard? Shows like the Sopranos are lauded as generally better than stuff like Malcolm in the Middle even though both are great at what they do because generally the one with a more involving story leaves the emotional impression and leaves the viewer with the feeling they were a part of something important. I guess it does just come down to emotion like you said, which is why stuff like iyashikei can be a genre, but personally even though I enjoyed it I don't feel Konosuba had the weight or the punch left after it ended.

Also, the last episode felt hamfisted, like the destroyer came out of nowhere. I know they alluded to it but it was just wacky adventures every week, no thread really tying anything together, "oh gotta defeat the demon king", "here's one of his generals, now he's dead", and then the last episode is some serious showdown with everyone banding together. It just felt jarring. They could've had some cozy adventure and ended it with everyone chilling at the end of the day like the ED.

>I mean, yeah it is, but why not hold it to a higher standard?
There's nothing "higher standard" about things being more serious. They're simply different. However I agree about importance of emotional impact and with valuing it higher. It isn't limited by genre though, I can feel healing effects of Aria just by thinking about it and will never stop being amazed by how incredibly well done the show was.
KonoSuba had a bigger impact than Rakugo in my opinion and I remember looking forward to its episodes more every week. Rakugo would impress me while I was watching it but those feelings waned after some time. But well, there were seasons in which neither of them would fit my top3, this year is very weak in general.

Really? Destroyer is one of rare things in KonoSuba which was properly foreshadowed. As you said KonoSuba was very wacky, so something crazy happening in the last episode seemed like a perfect fit to me and while you could consider it serious, it still had a lot of gags and those gags were arguably better than most (especially the history of Destroyer and yes, I know it was more detailed in LN). KonoSuba loves parodying fantasy stuff so big fight with everyone banding together didn't look out of place at all.
Interesting, we had opposite expectations of the finale.

>the climax is some melodramatic over exaggerated bullshit as well.
That's the point, retard. It's melodramatic and over exaggerated because it never happened, it's a story Kiku came up with to hide the truth.

Fuck you.