Why japs likes isekai so much?

why japs likes isekai so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

sousetsuka.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why the western faggots likes medieval fantasy and sci fi so much?

are their taste so shit?

Why is Sup Forums so full of brainless faggots that can't write a single sentence properly?

Am I the only one that thinks it's still better than the high school SoL that was the anime meta a couple of years back?

>anime meta
Jesus christ.

"Isekai" is just a plot motivator/device.

Enables the author to have a character that is modern and relatable (or at least understandable) while dropping whatever other setting they want.

In and of itself, it's not a genre.

What else do you call it? Flavor of the decade?

nips only know how to copy from western works like harry potter and John Carter of Mars

I'm actually pretty alright with series where MC is magick'd to another world after death and/or he does not care/want to go back

Something that wouldn't make it obvious that you're a fucking crossboarder. Not that it mattters anymore considering the state of Sup Forums nowadays.

>no Harry Potter like anime

Only one which comes close to it is that Magi arc where Aladdin goes to magic school

It also gives the character a lazy reason to become super powerful very easy.

>Hurr I'm an otaku and skills in this world are just like muh vidya gaems

>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology

Have to make the character relatable enough that the hikki reader feels like they could be a worldbeater too, or else it wouldn't be escapism.

>Something that wouldn't make it obvious that you're a fucking crossboarder.
Like, fucking what? Teach me proper Sup Forums terminology, master.

>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology
But middle school scientific knowledge would be OP as fuck in medieval era settings

Because reality is awful.

This would be pretty good if the MC keeped staying low and being a jew instead of abusing his broken snowflake OP bullshit.
I don't know about the LN but that part where these slave girls got panicked and begged the MC to not abandon them in the mango was pretty nice.

Well, sure. As far as world-setting go, it very easily paves the way to some OP growth or instant power acquisition shenanigans. That's half the point, usually. If Twain could do it, everybody can.

It being [easy] mean every shitty author can have a go at it. The total number of good authors who have a go stays the same I think or even lowers compared to other popular settings.

For example, I do like Death March while I hate almost everything else. Not to say DM doesn't have shit in it. It's mostly lighthearted somehow.

Now I'm no , but this behavior reeks of new faggotry too.

Not saying certain applications wouldn't be, merely that it's a lazy and relatable way to make the MC super powerful very easily. Then the genre is predicated on the Isekai premise for the character to have the knowledge and it doesn't merely establish some of his character traits and sensibilities- it is the basis for his fighting style, his abilities, his equipment, etc.

>3100 SPs all invested in Jewing skills
I'd read it

Tama and Pochi are healing.

>Posting QUALITY FUJOSHI anime

What the fuck is an "anime meta"?

What did you expect from retards trying to force another metashitposting general.

>hating Sup Forums for becoming a place full of normalfags is newfaggotry

This. I'm almost convinced OP and this guy , and a lot of the threads with similar OP posts recently are the same person; Sup Forums can't be this full of illiterate people.

fuck off, Liza is the way to go

Release that Witch is actually pretty good isekai

>"Like, fucking what? Teach me proper Sup Forums terminology, master"
>hating Sup Forums for becoming a place full of normalfags
kys normalfag.

>the anime meta

well, majority of Sup Forums are americans

>It also gives the character a lazy reason to become super powerful very easy.
>>Hurr I'm an otaku and skills in this world are just like muh vidya gaems
>>Hurr I have a Middle School level of scientific knowledge, I can make OP technology
>Have to make the character relatable enough that the hikki reader feels like they could be a worldbeater too, or else it wouldn't be escapism.

I'm fucking surprised there isn't an otome version of that

Have some female MC become powerful while her male companions wanting her V

Liza is nice, but she isn't as healing as them.

>I'm fucking surprised there isn't an otome version of that

There's plenty.

Pic unrelated, she's just a dumb book autist.

Korean Isekai is better,
Phsyco MC, ice queen waifu, necropilliac loli,
loli that needs to be kneaded.

>I understood her deeply, but I was unable to fathom the very bottom.
>Barbatos was merely a diligent bitch, an insensitive bitch, and an insane bitch.
> And even to Barbatos, I was merely a lazy bastard, a keen bastard, and a psychotic bastard.
> Since an insane bitch and a psychotic bastard had met, then they should be able to get along fine for the moment.

Dungeon Defense, why are you soo good

Except Fushigi Yuugi was literally my first exposure to Isekai if you don't count Doraemon.

so "one peace books" released official english translation of shield hero 1-5 LN, torrent where?

le edge

It's an easy self insert escape from the mundane life that most Nips have. Life after High school and college pretty much sucks if you are a business man which is pretty much most people.

Im probably just a retard but does lala love him or not, why did her affection suddenly spike up when it did.

>no dungeon
>no defense

Garbage.

MC and Lala do legitimately love each other, but they love the pursuit of authority more than their love.

Both MC and Lala prioritize their pursuit of authority over the world first and their love for each other second.

Once he realizes that and confirms it with Lala, in addition to apologizing for the mistake he caused by trying to take revenge in her stead with her Mom, they made up.

Genre massproduction you fucking idiot

Which one is this one? Tried to google this but all I get is Manga wiki link and a link to mangastream.

There was an article that actually went into this in detail. Basically, Japan's society causes the hardworking to suffer, while those born into money or having certain privileges ("cheats", if you will) breeze through society.

Entering an RPG-like world is easiest to write a self-insert fantasy, therefore, because you can add cheats that are believable.

Get ready for a snooze fest since nothing can hurt or kill MC or harem/children (Pochi, Tama, Liza).

It's also part cooking novel simply for the fact that a considerable amount of chapters involve him cooking or trying to recreate food from his world.

sousetsuka.com/

Death march manga.I dont think you will like it.
Stop mentioning that article made by a retard

I thought that part of the article made sense, I don't know if its actually true about their culture but it seems that way. I know chinese are obsessed with status and authority and its the only way to get ahead or be important to them, I guess its the same.
Its the same reason why Satou in Death March just turns 15 again for no reason and starts with a super strong skill.

is there an easier way to go to isekai than killing yourself?

the FUN kind of Edge

>“Do whatever you guys want. Why are you asking me about your life and death? If you’re going to live then live, if you’re going to die then die.”

>nodded. The language spoken by the humans and the language spoken by Barbatos were different, so I had to stand as an intermediate to interpret. The only person proficient at the human language while also being a Demon Lord was myself.

>“She says to die obediently.”
--------------------------------------

>“They said your words are too damn vague, and want you to break it down for them so they can understand easier.”

>“Iyaa, what an abundance of bullshit. If they live then that’s their life, and if they croak then that’s their death. Why should I care?”

>I nodded my head.
>I then translated her words exactly to the prisoners.

>“This lady here said that you guys are quite full of shit.”

>If Barbatos asked.

>“Is the provisioning situation in the empire decent?”

>I would translate it as.

>“She asked what you guys ate on average for all of your mugs to look so dirty like bums.”

I dunno its corean I'm not sure about this

It's 100% Korean, I don't know why it sounds so much more natural and fun compared to Japanese.
Probably because the Translator has excellent English

>“However, I had tried to murder that old woman as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. If Lapis had not stopped me, then that old lady’s insides would have been torn apart. What was the reason. Why did I try to carry out an act that wouldn’t benefit me politically? There is only one answer. It is because I love Lapis Lazuli……”

“……Wait a second.”

>Barbatos frowned.

>“Stop getting excited on your own and wait a second. What, love? You tried to kill that kid’s mother because of love? Dantalian. Did my ears hear this properly?”

.“You heard correctly. It seems you have a great sense of hearing.”

>“Fuck. How is that love?”

Only if you wait for your death or be conveniently teleported+ your whole family/classroom

bangs shield

The whole thing is a result of being in a recession for almost 30 years. Because every thing that's made in the industry has to sell and make profit, there's no one trying to be avantgarde and try anything new. They just rehash all the known stuff because they know people liked something similar and that this is hyped and is going to sell. Isekais been popular for years now, and they're not going to move from it until they have milked the cow dry.

tl;dr blame recesssion

Speaking of shields, the author of shieldbro did a small story that somehow shares a universe with it.

It's called "in a world without life" if you're looking for it on novelupdates.

find me translated vol.5 of shield hero LN

He's commonly known as ESLfag, you newfag.

It's been uploaded to madokami a few days ago user.

I'll say they're in to superhero stuff more than anything

the best isekai was angel beats

jesus, registration process is retarded

It is kinda a semi-secret club

Let me know when it becomes a manga or anime. I tend to get A.D.D when it comes to reading L.Ns.

Light Novels already make me want to die and this Iseskai cancer spreading to anime only makes it worse.
What really pisses me off is when extremely convoluted RPG systems are part of the world with no rhyme or reason behind it beyond laziness.

Main Character only becomes overpowered because he exploits the system or gets preferential treatment because he's a special snowflake otaku/neet. We know this antagnoist is strong not because of his actions but because his stats are in the 100s of thousands with over one million skills. shit like that.

reeeee:zero?

>little witch academia
literally anime harry potter.

korean shit is full of NTR so nope

>no Harry Potter like anime

It's more like Zero no Tsukaima was influenced by Harry Potter (not solely, but the influence is there) and then a long run of magic school battle harems were influenced by ZnK.

Because they played vidya when they were younger more than they related to one another in person. So it's a genre that relates strongly to their childhood/teenagerhood and its fantasies.

fuck off

>It's 100% Korean, I don't know why it sounds so much more natural and fun compared to Japanese.Probably because the Translator has excellent English
Yes and because 99% of the people who 'translate' narou WNs just use MTL. But the worst part is that most of them barely even speak English.

Sure, there are shit tons of narou WNs where the writing is shit but most of that is also thanks to those butchered translations and how stale it reads.

Is Drifters isekai?

>Dungeon Defense, why are you soo good
>le edge

It's the Magnificent Bastard style of evil, which is what makes it good.
Compared to every other Korean story I've tried, where they're just generically greedy or generically backstabby.
That, and it's not just MC bastarding magnificently, it's a bunch of the other characters too.

Maybe it's because this is the author's third attempt, and he actually learned from the first two?

Mother of Learning and Warlock of the Magus World are the only real type of Western Harry Potter novels I can think of.

They both feature a potter like magic system, or as close as it gets with liberties, mind you.

I'd say it's not purely isekai at fault here; it's the trend of adding a bunch of shortcuts on top of it, which makes it a lot easier to write webnovels. It's far too easy to lean on the canned scenario crutches of "summoned hero automatically gets hax" in place of character development, or "it works because game mechanics" in place of world building.

Combined with webnovels having been accepted by Japanese publishers as a new place to mine for content, thus plugging it into the light novel / manga / anime process. Basically a shitload of people are writing these for free, and turning the most popular ones into physically published versions is really cheap compared to starting a new manga or a new anime, so there's minimal risk to the publishers.

I hesitate to ever blame escapism, since escapism has been a running thing for a much longer time, and not just in Japan.

Yeah. When I invoke ZnK as Potter-influenced, I don't mean to say it's something really deep. It's just surface elements. Wands, caster supremacy, pets, magic school, fantasy pseudo-Europe.

Basically the same iterative copying that goes on in general for East Asian media and Japan in particular. Something new is suddenly popular? A big wave of new things will riff on it for the next ten years.

You have to draw a lot for manga and that shit is crazy as we all know, anime original series are a shot in dark as to whether they succeed or not.

Any publishing company only has to go to Narou and see the highest ranking story and boom, you're done.

Hire a popular artist to create the characters and draw the art and you have it made.

Not selling enough? 12 episode advertisement coming your way, go big like Re:Zero and do 2 cours because fuck you it's popular and the dosh rolls in.

Yep. You don't need a giant staff to monetize a webnovel. Just an editor and an artist, and those two can be working on lots of series per year. With costs that low, there's not much risk. If it has pretty girls on the cover, it'll probably sell the few thousand volumes it needs to at least break even, so even the failures are soft failures.

All of you faggots sould start reading dungeon hunter.

Its a Korean light novel about a demon that died and went back to the start of the demon games, in said games 72 dungeons (each for every demon) appear all of a sudden in the human world.

The MC is fucking mad at the 4 grand dukes and his goal is to take a fucking shit in every single one of the 71 demons.

Its pretty fucking great.

are you talking about this one?

Is this the Isekai thread? I might as well ask this here, then.

Why did the author pretty much make a whole chapter about how "Humans" can have children with all sorts of things when time and time again, they mention that Makoto is a "hyuman" raised as a "human"?

It makes no sense, unless he's adopted or something like that.

>19 chapters translated
fuck off

This writing style change has got me kinda worried.

Most people don't want to see nothing happening for 400 chapters straight, if people are okay with Saitama being A-rank they sure as hell can't cry about Satou being a viscount.

Now for the bonus challenge: Find me more translations for Spear Hero.

no one translating that garbage

This has to be one of the few LNs where the LN is inferior to the WN. You can tell all the drastic changes like the first book was half baked aside from introducing the divine sword much earlier and in exchange ruins a multitude of facets from the WN and just ignoring all the loose ends.

And yet since the author changes so many things so drastically you can't help but wonder what else is in store since it's practically like a retelling kinda like all those adaptations of Romance of Three Kingdoms. I wonder if the author knew about that when making such changes.

That's a shame, there's far worse being translated out there.

Did a new chapter come out for that? I want them to get to Karina already.

nope?

To make the reader understand how Makoto is a fucking super special snowfuckingflake, a hyuman that surpasses humans in a world where humans are demigods

>Popular Japanese escapism is fantasy worlds where the protagonist can be useful to those around him and where he can make life long bonds with a diverse vast of characters

>Poplular American escapism is zombie shit where the protagonist goes from burned out loser to a god among men while the world burns around them and serves as an outlet for edgy violent fantasies

Really makes you think

No it doesn't that's already reflected by how many times ESLfag makes these threads and keeps crying about the same shit while secretly trying to push his own edgy values.

Because japanese people all dream about leaving japan and still being relevant

They can immerse into the settin quickly, just by saying a few words like "demon king" "demon continent" "adventurer guild" or "hero" they can already imagine a world without even need to be described because they already know it.

For authors its the same, make for them more easy imnerse the readers into their story.

ITs the same principle than remakes and sequels in western media, why they do those? Because it instantly creates a connection with the audience making easier catch their attention, japanese LN and WN are the same thing except instead of using old TV or movies to stablish that connection they use concepts from games.

Speaking of this series, wouldn't his sisters be insanely more strong than he is?

The two older sisters still have Bug's blessing from what I remember

Onee chan has, imouto never had it.
No, most of his power comes from his concentration and "fate twisting" powers, they could be stronger than the heroes though.

I wish I had the same oppurtunities in my country. I kind of want to write some novels, not exactly light novels but short novels for kids aged 16-19, but it really a hassle to do it here. Maybe I could try in English, but since I'm ESL the language gets so bad.

I haven't been writing since I finished high school over ten years ago, but I've thought of some ideas that would be fun.