Gurren Lagann

>Best character in the series dies a quarter of the way through

Shit, is it even worth watching series anymore?

>there is a literal key to take a screenshot
>people still pause and use the OS screenshot

The story was built around the fact, asshole.

Not to say it doesn't get middling in the middle, but the payoff's too good.

>Only a quarter of the way through the series
>assumes the best character appeared yet

The girl who comes from a trash box and marries Simon after killing Yoko is the best character.

Yeah, Nia was obviously better that that good for nothing who died like a baby.

Its actually 24/81 the way through it you faggot

whenever I hit 's' it saves like a 6MB png, and I can't change it in the preferences

nigga it took me ten seconds to find the config file option.

Highly over rated show to begin with. Kamina was the most likable character next to Viral. Yoko was the tit monster for obvious reasons. Simon wasn't even that good of a character, even after the time skip. Nia was one of the most boring female leads I have ever see. Ah and I forgot good ol Roku, who was still more interesting than Simon.

E V O L U T I ON

The show isn't good for it's characters(although they're far from bad). It's good for it's approach to the theme.

>best character
>no kittan

>ANIHLS
What even is that and why is it not EG?

Yes it's worth it.

Yes because Simon gets better and the show is still fun

>best character
>talked a lot of shit but actually had no spiral power
>died a virgin

Nia was the best. OP, your "best" character is a pussy who died without accomplishing much, while Nia killed tons of bad guys, and when she turned evil she managed to kill some of the best good guys. Yoko dying to Nia is one of the best scenes in the series, right next to that loser you like dying.

>Faggot who thinks loud speechy cunt is the best character.

This series certainly got "impact" down with their animation and action scenes.

As much as I don't think it was particularly... coordinated/choreographed well, not badly, but not well, it had the right timing and shit.

Is that irony?

Gurren Lagann is the anime equivalent of a woman squeezing your testicles until they pop.

Explain?

It just takes you by the balls, and gets more and more intense, and you can't stop it once it begins. It forever scars you, as you'll never experience something like it again.

I guess with this metaphor, Kill La Kill would be like a sexy woman trying to turn you on once your balls are gone. You might be able to appreciate it, but you know it just can't match what it wants to match.

It works well enough. I'll take it.

>from a fatefag

sweet irony

Fuck yeah man, he may be died, but he lives on in all our hearts and is their drive and motivation for the future.

Oh, and some asshole will probably tell you the second half isn't as good. That's bullshit, the finale of the series is probably the most intense and awe-inspiring work of art man has created. Don't forget to watch the movie adaption of the end either.

Kamina died like a bitch.

Like fuck, his cockpit didn't even get fucking mulched he just got poked a little and died.

It made the show even better.

It's been years since I've seen Gurren Lagann. Is the movie version seriously worth watching, or is it just "I'm autistic enough to watch it twice if a blue space guy appears"?

The movies that lots of stupid shit. Why the fuck is there a "hacking" scene that looks like a PS1 game?

>There are people who still think Nia isn't a terrible character who dragged the entire show down

Hey guys, let's make a waifu character for the main character to shove all his development and personality into who is also magically tied to both major enemy factions so she's important while really never doing anything worthwhile and then kill her for half assed "feels" that go contrary to the shows message

Polished animation, nipples.

>"I'm autistic enough to watch it twice if a blue space guy appears"?
If you're not autistic enough to do that I don't see how the fuck you enjoyed gurren lagann at all.

No you ducking for get after sustaining a mortal wound he carried on an finished the fucking job with what would be know as the shows finisher for the series GIGA DRILL BREAK!
>just because you user would go down like a bitch an get your mecha mangled doesn't mean everyone else will

>poked a little
nigga he was almost ripped in half. Not to mention it probably hit all of his arteries.

...wait, they actually showed nudity? How the fuck did Gurren Lagann get away with that but Kill la Kill didn't?

>kill her for half assed "feels" that go contrary to the shows message
How was her death contrary to anything?
Nia was an important character because she was the one to see Simon without also seeing Kamina.

One, TV vs movie.
Two, in KLK it was the joke.

Watch the the second movie after you get done with episode 15!
Tv Series 15+ Movie 2
is the best viewing combination

Just drop it when Simon dies about 2/3rds of the way.

What simon dosn't die?

take a braek an watch the Gurren.Lagann.Parallel.Works
There are 16 in total

Did you watch through both big time skips? We get young Simon, Teen Simon, and Old Simon. In movie 4 Old Simon dies right at the beginning, being parallel to Kamina dying. He dies right at the beginning of the last third of the story.

>Simon gets turned into a human bomb by the anti-spiral
>instead of killing his friends and children he digs back underground
It's like you missed the parallels about never escaping death, then that one snotty brat takes over and the show is ruined.

I never watched past movie 2 there are 4 movies!? FOUR!

I didn't know this either, I thought the movies were just recaps so I ignored it.

but Young Simon is the best character

THE WEAK FEAR THE STRONG

No. In fact, you should give up on life for having no sense of storytelling nuance.

I'm not even saying TTGL is that great but if your favorite character not being an immortal sue is a detriment to a show, you really should discontinue your use of my oxygen.

too bad there's nowhere to get the second batch in HD

Gunmen Symphonia was my favorite one

Fucking animeonlys

The manga and movies go well beyond your shitty little story

Well I'm sorry for only following the anime of an anime original.

You should be sorry for assuming an anime was complete. Almost never do we get complete anime series, at the very best you get something missing the omakes and extra stuff that doesn't fit well in a show's strict pacing. Movies can be exactly as long as they want to be, with over an hour of leeway, while a show has seconds of leeway per episode, that's it.

Just consider yourself lucky they adapted the manga sequels when they made the movies.

I could never connect with Kamina and I don't think you were supposed to. He was just Simon's push into this world and Simon had to grow up and realize that he didn't need him to be strong.

But on his own Kamina was just loud, arrogant and kind of dumb. He only worked as Simon's motivator.