Why does trump want to raise taxes on middle class ?

Why does trump want to raise taxes on middle class ?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/tax-brackets-trump-tax-plan-chart-2017-9z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Becuz billionaires will be so happy to get tax break they will make it rain hundred dollar bills for all to enjoy

But why not cut their taxes by as much and then you wouldn't have to increase it on other people

Cause he hate anyone who isn't rich.

Because he's a communist

He doesn't.

middle class < $200,000 are a bunch of losers.

I'm kidding, of course. The tax deal is far from done and I suspect that Trump thinks the bottom of the middle class >$200,00/yr. He probably already thinks that people earning less than $200,000 already pay no tax because they are getting EIC and food stamps for liquor and lobster. It's just a bit early to see how the middle class will make out, but I think the tax cuts will be both generous and irresponsible.

Why does the middle class even exist?

There should only be rich people and slaves.

He doesn't. Where do you get this info from. It is very clear that the middle class gets a break as well.

fuck the middle class

I thought that's an elephant with a wideass trunk.

Are you niggers getting paid for lying on the web?

It's a birdo with huge black mouth.
Yes, this is a hole.

Leftist talking point. They are also counting corporate taxes as "taxes on the rich" and complaining the richest tax brackets are getting the biggest break in terms of absolute dollars paid in tax. Which is a no duh, they pay like 90% of all tax dollars right now, so even a 1% tax break on them would be more in absolute dollars than other brackets unless all other brackets are reduced by 90% of current levels.

t. nigger ebt

He's not though. There's a middle class bracket that sees a rise. The crux of it is that it gets rid if deductions but keeps the rate essentially the same.

It's almost more in percentage terns.

Also more*

They want to lover 401 k's cause they want that tax money to pay for billionaire tax cuts.

axing the 401k limits will easily outweigh any meager tax cut the middle class *may* get, and it is unlikely anyone will see any meaningful cut anyway. it's sad to see underage kids like you sucking trump dick at such a young age, but when can you expect from children who spent their formative years on Sup Forums. i guess we can take solace in the fact that by being a trumpcuck, you will never pass your effeminate genes onto another generation.

Delete now

Sage these threads

Trump will go down as the most hated man in America history when the economy tanks.

This! Sadly...

>a....any day now
>you'll see!

Keep dreaming.

Liar.

>Trump's plan proposes three federal income tax brackets: 12%, 25%, and 35%. What we don't know, however, is which incomes will fall into each tax bracket.

>businessinsider.com/tax-brackets-trump-tax-plan-chart-2017-9z

Whatever the final income numbers, the highest bracket is getting something on par with (4.6%) the Bush tax cuts (3%).

The standard deduction is also getting doubled, which is too much math for leftists, because it would show heavy favor to the lowest earners. My money is on the floor for the 25% bracket being higher than $38k per year, which is also too much math for leftists.

Trump is strongly opposed to this. Don't blame him for McConnell's shitbaggery.

>tfw you aren't a trump supporter but have to sound like it because the Democrats have gone off the deep end

>Trump will go down as the most hated man in America history when the economy tanks.

Probably true. It's a big strategic mistake for him to take credit for Obama's bubble, but where else can he spin positive press? The man sneezes and people shrill TREASON.

You're missing a bunch of other shit that rich people use though. It's not just their flat tax rate.

And the removal of a bunch of other deductions.

>Why does trump want to raise taxes on middle class ?
remember to report ALL fake news

Deductions that are practically never used outside the top 10% of earners? If that's what you're talking about, I hope you've got a WaPo copypasta spinning that removing rich people's deductions somehow places a larger burden on the rest of us.

because the upper fifth of the "middle class" are urbanite faggots in blue states that get to deduct their state taxes
meanwhile the middle class in red states gets stiffed
there have been a few articles over the years talking about the separation of the middle class in to more distinct groups

To support nationalism movements

This level of delusion.

There's the pass-through that he wants to cut, which rich people use plenty.

It also wouldn't exactly double the standard deduction since it gets rid of all the other ones also.

>Here's how that math works. Let's say you are single with no dependents, and you have a moderate income. Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.

>The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000 ($24,000 for married couples.) That's a 15% increase — except for seniors, who get a 3% increase.

So you can see how some people would end up paying more.

Thanks for the info on the standard deduction, showing that exactly no one would pay more.

What's this pass-through? And how does cutting something the rich use plenty put more money in their pockets?

Thanks for accusing me of mental illness. I never get tired of Democrats still sucking the false prophet Eugenic's cock.

[B]eter

>He doesn't know what the pass through is

>Refers to how individual owners of a business pay taxes on income derived from that business on their personal income tax returns. Pass through taxation applies to sole proprietorships, partnerships, and S-Corporations. This is opposed to traditional, or C-Corporations, where the company itself pays corporate taxes on income the corporation derives.

As for the other thing.

Let's try to explain.

Let's you make 70k and are taxed at 25% currently. You get the 6k tax deduction, so less of your income is actually taxed. And then you get the exemption for yourself, 4k more deducted. That's roughly 10k deducted. If you have you have a kid, you can deduct even more., another 4k. That's 14k deducted. Even more if you can deduct school expenses, healthcare premiums, and other shit.

Under Trump's plan, you'd get a total standard deduction of 12k, nothing more nothing less apart from charitable giving, which applies to rich people mostly.

Some people, especially if they have kids, would pay more.

Oh holy shit, you're one of those guys who are opposed to taxing small business owners like individuals?

My dad is a small business owner. I know how the financials of a small business works. Have you based your opinion on this solely on leftist commentators trying to claim small business owners are cartoonish villains trying to skirt tax laws? Be honest, did you have any opinion at all on "pass-through" last year?

Trump wants to replace child tax deductions entirely with the child tax credit, user. Just because the numbers are up in the air, doesn't mean you can say, in all earnestness, there will be zero child tax credits under the plan. It's the most popular tax credit in American history and pretty much the only tax policy Americans actually like. It's not going anywhere and it's probably going up.

I am starting to think I am not the one in this conversation with a limited tax literacy.

If you're middle class and invest your money you will also see huge tax breaks. The gov. just hates people that don't invest their extra money.

The child tax credit phases out at a lower limit then an exemption though. And even then it's likely less than the exemption since they're throwing around numbers of increasing it by $500.

The pass through way of running of business also applies to massive entities. Even the Trump Organization is organized as a group of pass through businesses.

It's hilarious how you eat up this help small businesses bullshit.

WTF DELETEE THSI

society=sandwich
future= toast sandwich

Also, all it means is that if you own a business you're taxed at your individual tax rate. You make a million dollars, it's 39.6% You make 50k from a business, it's 25%.

Trump's plan lowers it to 25% for all income levels from pass through entities.

>using any number proposed by or rumored to have been proposed that fits your prejudiced interpretation

Look user, if you've got a problem with megacompanies abusing the sole proprietorship designation, I fail to see how that's a tax problem. Were you complaining about this great injustice last year when you were completely ignorant of so-called pass-throughs?
Oh look, once again when the numbers come into play they say that taxes are being increased on the rich. Where is the part in your argument where that gets reversed? I'm just wondering how self-aware you are that you are making moral arguments cloaked in math problems rather than talking about taxes per se.

>You make a million dollars, it's 39.6%
Also, just to be clear, you do understand that we use tax brackets, right? You don't get taxed 39.6% on a million dollar personal income, you get taxed 39.6% for every dollar earned in excess of $418,401.

>Taxes are being increased on the rich

They get lowered though? How are they being increased? 39.6% is the current rate. How it moral argument that he's giving rich people huge benefits? If you make 1 million dollars from a pass through entity he's looking to lower that tax rate to 25%. I fail to see your point here.

>Last year

Last year no one was looking to lower the pass through rate to 25% genus. You're also just assuming I wasn't upset about the holes in the tax code. How old are you?

Obviously. But that's not the point here.

Checked.

The tax plan will be a disaster though. The cuckservatives in Congress are pushing it like used car salesmen.

He doesn't you disinfo shill. Taxes are going down all across the board.