How do you get into politics /pol?

I want to be a politician but how?

I'm in college but all the degrees that people tell me to get to be a politician people keep telling me are shit like Political Science and business.

I thought about getting a Comp Sci degree before going into a law school so I could have a fall back in case politics doesn't work out. Minor in History or Political Science. I want to have a job if politics doesn't work out.

And what else besides a college degree do you need to be a politician, what's the "in"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_nuclear_deal_framework
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You could try running for a political position. Just a thought.

trlup and 4 d cheker do wut he do trlup 2020

What is the point if you will never be a president?

Get into a party, go down and start volunteering for campaigns, participate in events, start to vey to know people. If you're not an extrovert who is comfortable with that kind of thing, then forget about it and start aiming for being a behind the scenes guy.

Okay, but I want to be a "Good" politician. Competent

Who's making all of these, I've seen so many variants lately. Saved.

International law or US law depending on where your political focus is going to be.

You don't have to be the president to get shit done. Congress arguably is stronger than the president here anyway. OP needs a comfy Senate seat

Be Careful!

What state are you from and what are your positions

I'm from Ohio

Staunch nationalist, Austrian economic policies, environmentalist, anti-immigration, pro-gun, anti-globalist, protectionist, somewhat hawkish, Invest more into science, stop paying for Europeans defense budget, low taxes for middle class, break up monopolies, repeal the immigration act of 1965, annex the oil fields in the Arabian peninsula and deport all the muzzies there fuck the UN, acquire more land/ territory for the US.

>Ohio
My nigger, so am I. If I ever see that on a ballot I'll vote for you

Just for a quick rundown

> shit like Political Science and business.
No. That's how you become an analyst or policy wonk.
>I thought about getting a Comp Sci degree before going into a law school
Yes. Study hard, start taking practice Bar Exams now. Also, volunteer and meet people in your local community at something nondescript like neighborhood associations. Get law degree, practice while pursuing politics. Run for city council. Build from there.

I have the most generic Anglo name in the planet. Look for the swol anglo with long hair.

Would you be running as a Republican?

You make a pact with Satan, let some old fuckers rape you in the ass a buncha times, and then kill and eat a baby on camera so they always have blackmail material on you. Then, you follow orders. The upside: free healthcare, live like a king, and work like 1 month out of the year.

>acquire more land/territory for the US
We don't need more land. The most important resource a nation has is its people, not its dirt. Rather than endlessly feeding the military industrial complex, we need to make sure our people are happy and healthy, and therefore productive.

t. semi-isolationist

Most likely, unless some magic happens and a third part becomes viable.

I want to try and help oust conservatives from the party and bring in more trump-esk nationalists and populists.

That's my only reservation with what he said. Middle-Eastern wars are Jewish wars and waste our money and American lives. No more world police

The Republican party is the best bet. I've looked into how hard it is to make a political party in Ohio and it's nearly impossible. You need 1000s of signatures and other shit. It's sad how the system favors the 2 party status quo so much. I was thinking of a hypothetical party based on:
>anti-immigration
>English official language
>no Middle-Eastern wars
>European culture
>nationalism
>anti-police state
We can't let fags like Richard Spencer represent us

Also just as an aside, my childhood next door neighbor friend (boy scout, do-gooder, soccer player, etc) got a job working for some politician in DC in his 20's thinking he'd change the world for the better. Dropped dead on the street at 26, heart attack they said.

Get a lot of money
Buy an election

Not sure how it works in the US but in europe you basically need to go to a prestigious Political Science school and then the connections elites have with the school will get you on board.

Only other option is getting a good degree but not in STEM, law or medical degree are perfect, then be patient until you get old enough and got enough ressources to have enough charisma and money to be a candidate for local office.

Hardcore option is going full communist, you can start early on, just be a good speaker and have appealing arguments, which means antifa and other modern cuckoldry won't do.

If you manage to secure a local political position then you're set for life unless you find yourself at the center of a massive scandal.

My plan for helping reverse the trend for Americas demographic problems are an expansion on trumps current platforms, but also completely repealing the Immigration act of 1965 which will basically end immigration from non-euro/Anglo countries. Also completely cutting off gibs will send leaches out and expelling asylum seekers.

One thing that will also help is the social climate changing in a way that minorities feel unwelcome and leave.

I agree that endless middle eastern wars are a problem, but I'm also of the position that America as a world super power exercise it's power. If America were to become 100% isolationist, then that power vacuum would simply be filled by Russia and/or china.
But I don't want endless war, to me the reason why these conflicts keep happening is because of countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Rich Arab Immerate States. These countries fund terrorism and we suck their cocks because they have the oil. Well fuck them, and take the oil. Cut the head off the snake in a way. But I'm not going to remove some secular leader in some shithole like syria so the kikes can form greater Israel, If we go to war it should be fore America's benefit, no one else. Keeping secular leaders in Middle eastern countries are much better than Islamist taking over.

>English Official Language

Give me the petition, I'll sign.

I can see your point in the Middle East to some degree. What's your policy on Israel? If I were president I'd try to cut foreign aid and would instate some sort of restrictions on (((lobbying)))

You seem pretty blue pilled. You'll do just fine. Just try to imitate that leaf, J.T.

Ha, I wish I was that organized. These were just some ideas I had laying around on Notepad. English being the official language is super important IMO, forces assimilation to some degree, no bilingual signs, etc. English is the language of the founders of this country not Spanish

What about esperanto?

Nothing against Esperanto, I love conlangs. English is already a world lingua franca, no reason to promote some other language when English is apparently easy enough to learn already. A monolingual society would be more cohesive. Let the Injuns keep their languages on reservations if they still speak them, fine

>to me the reason why these conflicts keep happening is because of countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Rich Arab Immerate States

No, the reason these conflicts keep happening is because you are incompetent when it comes to foregin policies. Honestly you are pretty much the only superpower in the world, Russia is just barking loud and China is pretending to be something it's not. If you are the strongest player in the game by far you should try to maintain peace and keep dirty sandniggers in check. But you are too big pussies.

I wouldn't do anything to brash at first, I'd start off with stating that America's interest will not be subservient to Israel and gradually become harsher on them. Public condemnations, fallowed by pulling aid, restricting immigration and ambassadors, and working my way up to sanctions and completely closing boarders.

If I go all out immediately people will have knee jerk reactions and there will be immediate kike retaliation. You have to take things slow unfortenetly.

I just really really really hate Islam.

Come from money

In this day and age you don't even need to be smart to become a politician, let alone have a degree. Just look at Trump.

Don't blame you on Islam. Too many Somalians here in central Ohio

lol @ people who think your education makes a difference towards getting into politics. do NOT get a degree, or even minor, in history or political science. complete meme degrees. here are the areas you need to focus on:

>programming
>analytics
>pure math (if you are smart enough this is the only thing you need. and if you get a masters from a top program you will be making $200k easily within 3 years after graduating)

there are a couple reasons for this. one, in terms of fallback options, these skills give you the greatest chance of success. but more importantly, you need to think of which skills will move you higher along the totem pole on a campaign team. any idiot can do groundwork / community outreach. what campaigns need right now are good analysts, which they don't have because they offer shit pay compared to tech companies. but it doesn't sound like that matters to you which puts you in a unique position to fill that gap. as an analyst, you will get more facetime with higher-ups because they will have no fucking idea how to do what you'll be doing. they need you. if you're smart about this, you can leverage that to build relationships with decision makers and, in due time, pivot to a more public-facing role.

also, law school? LMAO. just how much of a sucker are you? stay the fuck away at all costs.

Assad supported Communism and the Soviet Union against America.

Doesn't matter if he is secular, he's still a Mudslime. Stop being cucked and regurgitating the "n-not all Muslims" narrative of the left.

dont go into polisci, the only people who go into polisci have yet to realize how fucked things are and are going to waste their lives in careers they never realized they would hate

>helping reverse the trend for Americas demographic problems
That's fine, but my question is why even waste resources on military conquest at all? Why not devote that money to healthcare or education, for example? Even if you disagree with those because you want to "cut off gibs", leaving it in Americans' pockets would still be better than spending it on military shit.

Maybe you think welfare traps are bad (and you're right), but really someone with that perspective is the best type of person to design a /functional/ welfare system.

>Cut the head off the snake
Admittedly this is probably better than what we are doing, but its still really bad. Its needlessly cruel and will definitely disrupt the current global stability we are living in. As the world superpower, that is completely against our interests in the long run. Disruption only opens the opportunity for being dethroned. We should just mind our own shit and let them mind theirs. Oil prices will go up, but we should be investing in other energy sources at this point anyway.

So you supposedly hate Islam, but want to crack down on Israel. Well, what are you doing about Iran? Just going to let them get nukes like Obama did?

.t polisci switching to astronomy, there is no such thing as a "competent" politician anymore, they are all scum, all the kids in my department are blue-pilled normies who haven't got a clue what they are getting themselves into

Degrees are only useful in politics for getting Bureaucratic positions
You don't get elected for having a BA
>I want to be a politician but how?
Find a community and gain their trust
Pick a side; left, right, independent, and then run a campaign when there's a position open
Running a campaign against a candidate that's for sure getting reelected can be good practice too, and can actually put you in great spot to get elected to another chair or his when he moves on.

He is absolutely a Muslim, and on top of that, he's a Muslim who previously supported Communism and the Soviet Union to weaken America. He hates America and sucks Iran's cock. And Neo-Nazi faggots like you think Israel is the problem?

How do you even find other Sup Forumstier (non-memers) IRL?

For you

>let them get nukes like Obama did
This is a Republican meme. The Iran deal was all about /preventing/ Iran from getting nukes.

LMAO so you agree with Obama? Fuck outta here, fucking leftist shill. i'm sure those jihadist mullahs will play nice.

I don't know much about burger politics but over here anyone can join a political party. It helps if you have work experience or other competencies.

Hopefully you aren't some autistic fag because you need to be charismatic and not a total trainwreck. Your views are based, btw.

Start by voting.

>And Neo-Nazi faggots like you think Israel is the problem?
Yes. I'm not even a naz, either, but our horrible foreign policy is based around removing their enemies that have never done anything to the US (other than ruin empire/profit plans for the elite that runs this country).

Also, Assad came to power in 2000, years after the fall of the soviet union. We have wasted trillions and tens of thousands of American lives for the middle east for absolutely jack shit, goy.

Yes, I agree with Obama on the Iran deal.
>i'm sure those jihadist mullahs will play nice.
We're not just supposed to trust them, part of the agreement is that the IAEA gets to be up their ass and making sure they're upholding their end of the bargain.

>he thinks voting matters
kek absolute blue pill thread, im out

We give 3 billion dollars to Israel in military aid annually, more than any country in the world other than Afghanistan. Israel has a GDP on par with Italy, they don't need that much help at the LEAST.

His government supports North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, all Commie regimes. His father before him supported the Soviet Union. He has been anti-American for 40+ years and you defend him? Cucked as fuck.

Sure, nothing will ever go wrong with that right? No risk of those mullahs hiding something, they're the best people on Earth amirite cuck?

>You don't agree with me?!
>HURR DURR SHILL GET OUT BLABLABLABLA *fingers in ears*

Why are you Trumptards such fucking babies?

>they're the best people on Earth amirite cuck?
I've literally never said anything complementary about them.

Here, I'll do your research for you since you need help googling, apparently.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_nuclear_deal_framework
>Iran will be required to provide the International Atomic Energy Agency access to all of its declared facilities so that the agency can be sure as to the peaceful nature of the nuclear program.[17] According to published details of the deal which is published by the U.S. government, IAEA inspectors would have access to all of the nuclear facilities including enrichment facilities, the supply chain that supports the nuclear program and uranium mines as well as continuous surveillance at uranium mills, centrifuge rotors and bellows production and storage facilities. Iran will be required to grant access to the IAEA to investigate suspicious sites or allegations of a covert enrichment facility, conversion facility, centrifuge production facility, or yellowcake production facility anywhere in the country. Iran will implement an agreed set of measures to address the IAEA’s concerns regarding the Possible Military Dimensions (PMD) of its program.

To be a politician:
>build a good business
>contribute to your community
>make lots of friends
>do tons of local radio interviews and stuff
>make sure everyone locally knows your name and has an excellent opinion of you
And then you run for a local seat and start from there.

That's pretty much the only way to be a politician without sucking dicks.

>Step 1: be Chad
>Step 2: have a lot of money
>Step 3: run for office

Nothing has been gained by all of the attempts to remove those regimes and the empire has corrupted this countries republic to the core, but you're okay with that because you're a cuck that gets scared by (((boogeymen))). You're the textbook definition of a neocon cuckservative.

All its done is killed Americans and taken literally trillions out of the economy, how can you ever defend that?

well user is not that simple but the way to start is the following

>Get involved with your local political community
You can do this by routinely assisting events in your local City Hall, political events of any kind

>Work for the goverment
It may help if you become a public worker, in any state institution, even if the job voluntary work

>Join a political party
You can always subcribe to a political party, and work your way tru the ranks

>Networking
several political parties and groups have online groups of disscussion, you can start from there and assist any meeting they may plan

gl user

You sound like an terrorist apologist faggot. "S-stop fighting terrorists, it achieves nothing!" Are you sure you're not an Achmed yourself, faggot?

Go starve to death you Communist vermin.

>I want to be a politician but how?

Bribe your constituents with tax-payers money.
Offer "free everything" in exchange for your vote.
It works for the Democratic party at least.

>The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. - Alexis de Tocqueville

Economics and/or law you spastic. But please give yourself a reality check if you should be running of you can't figure this out yourself.

It literally achieves nothing though. After the trillions that have been forcibly extracted from the public to "fight terror", Islamic terror is bigger today than ever before in the modern era.

Heres a quick run down of your political beliefs expressed in this thread so far
>Support trillions down the drain for nothing (actually your tax money has been put into defense and banking industry pockets)
>support the constitution ruined in the name of (((national security/counter-terrorism)))
>support dead americans who wasted their lives for inconclusive and ongoing wars
>support complete corruption of the republic by the military-industrial complex

you're the cuck here, goy, these wars have literally have achieved nothing other than the establishment of a 1984-lite orwellian government thats one mass false flag away from complete chaos