Singularity

What are your thoughts on the coming singularity? I'm kinda nervous desu

Other urls found in this thread:

orionsarm.com/page/298
orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45c68b98779ad
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are the expression of this singularity, the universe, and meant to create, love, experience joy and destroy.

This proposed singularity is only meant to trap your ego for eternity.

That's what I'm afraid of

A singularity is a location in space-time where the gravitational field of a celestial body becomes infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system. The quantities used to measure gravitational field strength are the scalar invariant curvatures of space-time, which includes a measure of the density of matter. Since such quantities become infinite within the singularity, the laws of normal space-time cannot exist.

Ambivalent.

Taking that meme though.

>singularity
Wake up silly goy, with all these "people" flooding every civilized country you about to end up in nmew Dark Ages for another few hundred years, and you talk about weird stuff like this. Not that medieval is something bad, i'd rather take that than system of global enslavement world (((progresses))) to.

Singularitarianism is like a new Messianic movement. We still don't know if it will happen.

Google Sigmoid curves.

The singularity is a complete misunderstanding of technological history.

This is what worries me most. The coming dark age will end any chance of space exploration, the singularity, or a post scarcity society.

Assuming the rocket scientists are right when they say that you cannot profit off of raw materials in space, what is the point of space exploration again?

Rocket scientists have absolutely jack shit to do with Economic viability studies

They know how much delta v it takes to recover one ton of material from the orbits the asteroids are on. They know how big the rocket will have to be and how much it will cost to make and operate. They know how much money per kg the payload will be worth, and anyone can do a quick google search of current commodity values and find that it ain't gonna work.

Even if it was a solid gold bar in low earth orbit it would still cost more to recover than the gold was worth.

Funny that all prominent Freemason rocket scientists and Zionist bankers have the Talmud in common, isn't it?

>how much it will cost to make and operate
no, rocket scientists do not

scientists are notoriously bad at budgets and the financial planning aspects of their of their operations, so this should not be a worry of yours or mine user

This is not sigmoid. Sigmoid is f(x) = 1 / (1 + e^(-x))

>t. masters in CS.

>no, rocket scientists do not
Who do you think it is that is tasked with figuring out how much the vehicle will cost? A jew somewhere with no engineering background? How does he estimate the rocket's cost before production? Magic?

>scientists are notoriously bad at budgets and the financial planning aspects of their of their operations, so this should not be a worry of yours or mine user

I cannot fathom how "scientists are bad with financial predictions" helps your side at all. Are the people promising asteroid resources not scientists? That would explain a lot.

I don't think it's coming desu

>he fell for the transhumanism meme

A singularity is any situation where math breaks down. Like the infinite solution after the event horizon. Or the longitude at exactly the North pole. So OP is vague as fuck.

hard science academics have no success when it comes to terms of economic and financial feasibility concerning possible space industry

It's not some mystery

>he fell for the Luddite meme
Good goy slave

To quote Alex Jones with all due humor:

"This is our Atlantian momment!"
We either get destroyed by our technology or tame it and conquer our weaknesses, failures and the stars.

Also as much as everyone thinks mind-uploading will be awesome and we'll all just have sweet simulated orgies for eternity...they're fools.

The moment you break that barrier is the moment hell can become real.

So then there is no reason to believe that we can exploit space resources? There is no valid opinion on the subject, apparently.

Which benefits the jew more? The idea that the economy is infinite or the idea that the economy is finite?

You think all that is for you? You'll be left to sit in the shit while the 1% fuck off to Elysium, and they don't even need to risk keeping ordinary people around as soldiers or manual laborers anymore.

It's too early to say either way.

So you build in an escape sequence like Tom Cruise Vanilla Sky. Hell can already be real why "escape it" by giving up your spirit entirely?

>It's too early to say either way.

How in the hell do you make that determination? When, exactly, will it be the right time to say?

When we can crunch the numbers on developing the infrastructure we'd need to run that kind of operation, and when we have the ability to do it in a reasonable timescale. The asteroid belt where the things are densest is still 3 years away by our fastest methods, and it's only dense by comparison to the rest of the solar system. Exploiting the metals there meaningfully will require boatloads of money, and the returns won't start coming for another 6 years at the absolute minimum. The math for doing it on the moon or other planets isn't much better. We might develop the tech to do it, and we might not. As-is we can't even begin to address the question.

>When we can crunch the numbers on developing the infrastructure we'd need to run that kind of operation, and when we have the ability to do it in a reasonable timescale
What, exactly, makes you think we cannot do that now and what will change to allow us to ever do it?

>As-is we can't even begin to address the question.
Are you fucking seriously saying that engineers cannot accurately estimate how much something they're making will cost when that is the bulk of their job?

>We might develop the tech to do it, and we might not.
This was a question for the 1940's. We did not do it, there are only so many ways you can arrange electrons and make rocket fuels that won't pump the atmosphere with fluorine.

The Singularity would have already occurred if it wasn't for govt meddling in technological expansion.
> classified patents
> patents that become classified and the inventor is forced to shut up about them, so they cant actually market their idea at all.
Probably would have happened in the 1960s actually.
> your face when star trek would have been star trek when star trek came out
> your face when we've been fucked for this long.

No that is not what it means.

In this context the term means that the development of Technology increases to such a rapid pace that it begins outpacing itself or the people involved with its invention.

Its like saying that we come up with an idea for how to make spaceships effective, but before we even get to building those spaceships we come up with even better ones, and before we make changes to the designs to implement those ideas we invent the damn Hyperdrive...
> and before we implement that, before the hyperdrives are even built
> some genius bastard comes up with a way to make the entire spaceship out of Forcefields so that it doesnt actually require any fuselage or materials to be built in the first place
> and then you end up with an unfinished spaceship fuselage - the prototype in fact of a planned fleet or line of them - which sits out in a junkyard somewhere eerily similar to post-soviet junkyards of communist icons left to rust
> and maybe by the time those spaceships made out of forcefields are actually even used in space, the human bodies of the people who would pilot them are cast aside for Ghost In The Shell style android bodies. Which means now they dont even need life support on those ships.

Though the main fear about Singularity is that some other glorious bastard will create an actual AI (read the plot for the stupid tv show Cleopatra 2525) that will start inventing things on its own and just erase the humans or put them in the matrix.

Robot Doomsday is just an expression of white guilt

>oh we're so terrible that obviously they'd want to kill us

Horse Shit.

on the contrary the robots would probably kill off the shitskins first - but they'd still see all humans as dangerous thus not keeping any of us around

> they'd keep the women because the few women who're okay with serving a robotic master, as they're more prone to servitude without fighting back, and with hormonal treatments can be made frigid and sterile without needing male companionship, while are also suited for all the menial labor and assembly line slavery the robots would use them for - and can be easily satisfied by giving them clitoral stimulation rigs that dont function if they arent doing as they're told

Not that the men are bad, but since the women are so easily controlled they knock off the men and don't see the need to remove the females since they can still use them for cheap labor and some random/tilt non-algorithmic input.

Bump

hopefully you'll all be wiped out by the AI master-race

thanks for the reply

You can't upload *your* consciousness, you can just create a copy. Literally no one stands to benefit by doing this. Itll just create demonic cyberdoppelgangers.

>Oh shit! Hell has started in my fuck-palace and now all my data-skin is sloughing off and I am in excruciating pain! Better hit the escape button
>error 404 address not found
>CURSE YOU MINOR COMPUTER GLITCHES! I SHALL LIVE IN TORMENT FOR ETERNITY!

My fucking cellphone broke in less than a year and you think we're going to have safe computer systems?

Reminds me of the Orion's Arm universe.
orionsarm.com/page/298
orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45c68b98779ad