So... I had been using Kawaii Codec Pack, but it's been dead for a year so I think it's time to move on...

So... I had been using Kawaii Codec Pack, but it's been dead for a year so I think it's time to move on. What are the cool kids playing their Chinese cartoons on now?

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/
imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/
reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4kt30r/why_are_60_fps_anime_especially_bad/
pastebin.com/axJYfaDR
reddit.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just stream from Crunchyroll.

mpv.io/

MPC-HC + madVR

What's wrong with continuing to use it?

This looks like shit unless you're preoared to spend a year or 5 configuring it properly.

>This looks like shit unless you're preoared to spend a year or 5 configuring it properly.

Prove it.

It takes 5 minutes to configure if you aren't a blatant retard.

>using a codec pack

Just install MPC-HC and madVR manually. Alternatively you can try MPV, both are pretty good.

>bitches about madVR
>jerks off all over KCP
You can't be this retarded

Kawaii still gets the job done. Just update to latest MPC to run H265 shit smooth

MPV

cccp is the good stuff

KCP has presets, your argument is retarded.

>[current year]
>cccp
As expected of a tripshit

mpv 4 the win!

CCCP was obsoleted by KCP years ago.

Retard here. How do I change default directory for screenshots?

Look at the KCP settings and then change MPC + MadVR accordingly. Surely you can't be this lazy.

I use vlc

Aside from being easy even if you're stupid (which is apparently the main complaint against MPC-HC+MadVR) what's actually good about MPV?

What are the benefits of madVR over KCP? What am I getting for the price of configuring it myself?

He needts to uninstall KCP, otherwise its version of LAV will cause conflicts

cccp was made obsolete by MPC-HC dropping their shitty codecs several years before that

Very carefully.

Why do people make posts like this? Do they actually think they're being funny?

Nothing, it's just a shitty meme player that Sup Forums likes to fap to.

It's also harder to configure than madVR if you want to get the highest quality possible

The manual says to use this:

--screenshot-directory=

But whatever path I put doesn't work and it always defaults to the desktop.

This is what I have on my config specifically:
--screenshot-directory="F:\Pictures\mpv screenshots"

More than a year worth of updates

Aside from being hard even if you're a hipster (which is apparently the main thing Sup Forums likes about MPC-HC+MadVR) what's actually good about it?

Just uninstalled KCP to check the exact scene I noticed, but couldn't see the artifacts I saw before. The Sync Renderer looked better.

Then why is every guide a 10,000 word manual that goes through each configuration individually.

I'm no codec expert, however I know artifacts when I see them, and when I was using madVR alone with MPC the other day, there was clearly a quality drop compared to the default renderer.

I have nothing against GUI but:
>config file (all the settings you want on are in one place and you don't have to go searching)
>just werks, I never had to use codecs
>lightweight
Nigga what? Just copy and paste shit from some other user's config file.

>harder to configure
Inserting a single line into a config file is harder than going through clusterfuck of options in madVR settings?

Why do I need these updates? What features do they add?

>lightweight
>lighter than MPC-HC
Hard to believe, desu

Because it wouldn't be a manual if it didn't give coherent information.

Tends to always get bites with newfags trying to fit in

If you are gonna be a scrub and just follow the lead then what so different from clicking a single checkbox in MPC.

I just downloaded mpv what do I need to do to make it good? I'm technologically illiterate.

Uninstall it and install MPC-HC

>install KCC and be done
or
>spend hours reading a comprehensive guide on how to get the best configuration for watching anime
Give me the first option every day of the week.

I've used k-lite codec with MPC back since 2004

If you want a preset pack like KCP, why not use LAV Filter Megamix? That has all the same shit that KCP did.

I've always used MPC + Kawaii, but how is it any different to a player like VLC? Are there any defining features that VLC doesn't have?

It's as good as it's getting. This player is designed to cater exactly to you.

>Make a config file
>Paste shit in it
>Click on a video

>hours
Sorry you are retarded

Quality, especially in upscales. VLC is basically Windows Media Player but it can open more filetypes.

Yes hours.

imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/

Sorry I'm not an autistic retard like yourself.

>Make a config file
you lost me. and what shit am I supposed to be pasting.

What do I paste please user?

Also is there a GUI that I can use? I once downloaded Bomi thinking it would work but it was horrible shit.

Baka Mplayer is the same shit I presume.

>spend hours
kek
>CTRL+F inside manual to find guide for configuration
>Thank fuck it's in great detail. This wont take long, and even if it does It'll be totally worth it.
>Watch anime with best options, never have to worry about config again.
You're just lazy and probably retarded.

ugh, need a cone like that up my ass
a cock that big in my mouth too
gohan will be relevant

You do know you can skip the whole part about calibrating your 4K TV, right?

MPC-HC + LAV Filters [tmod] + madVR + XySubFilter and SVP for 60fps.

And please spare me with ur
>eyes can only see 24fps
bullshit. It looks much better in about 80% of the episodes.

>CTRL+F inside manual to find guide for configuration
You're an idiot.

SVP is shit for anime

I've created my own config from scratch and it's not that hard if you know how to read. This is what's great about mpv actually. Once created you can just make a backup of your config and never touch it again even when you are reinstalling or moving to another PC.

>watching anime in 60fps
kys

>>eyes can only see 24fps
I don't think anyone outside of facebook actually believes

Anime is not produced at 60fps.

So mpv is a meme?

tfw using KCP

Would be too easy. Also not weeb enough.

How am I an idiot for finding specific information inside a manual?

Yes

enjoy your artifacts galore

>60fps
I get we love anime here but holy fuck you're autistic.

>SVP
Kill yourself

>anime in 60fps
You're retarded.

And how is that any different from configuring madVR and backing up its settings file?

no

>wow my 8 drawing per 24 frames per second anime looked worse than my 8+8 interpolated shitty abstract forms per 60 frames per second

If you are retarded and setup svp correctly, ofc. But I bet that you are the retard who needs hours for madvr.

You won't believe it but a week ago a bunch of faggots meet up in Sup Forums and blown the shit up.

Well that's the reason why I let them be frame interpolated to get 60fps.

There it starts.

What specific information?

>imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/

It goes through literally everything. I'd rather install something that works instantly than waste time making sure everything is configured properly.

Fuck off Sup Forumsermin

Maybe

Do I actually have to explain to you what ctrl+f is used for and why somebody may use it?

VLC lets you play things at a greater volume

I know exactly what it is, I'm saying there's nothing specific to look up.

>Anime is not produce in 60fps
>I just let tween the frames to get 60fps

>Autism

That you only need to install/copy mpv and it's config file instead of installing MPC, madVR, xysubfillter and any other shit.

reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4kt30r/why_are_60_fps_anime_especially_bad/

i dunno

>nothing specific to look up
Oh user.

SVP masterrace
who thinks different must be a keknese

>10 second installers are too hard

Here's a commented version of my config. Make a text file in the MPV directory called "mpv.conf". MPV also works completely fine out of the box. So you probably don't have to bother.
pastebin.com/axJYfaDR

60fps is a vidya meme that's more about input latency than anything else. But that won't convince you, so enjoy your anime full of artefacts.

Is really light, my 10 years old laptop can actually play 720p video with mpv, MPC-HC+KCP on lowest stutters like crazy.

>reddit.com

That screencap looks like absolute dogshit

>expected this reaction
>my post on reddit is still the only truth

They're right sometimes too you know.

Well my point is that mpv is even easier.

Thing is, I don't even know what a configure file is, let alone how to install or make one. I know how to download something and click max settings so I use kcp.

Lighter weight than madvr.
Think 99% of the performance at 80% of the cpu/gpu

Although this isn't quite as true as it used to be, mpv has some really insane presets now.

vlc and cccp work fine

Just because the websites format and most of its userbase is dogshit doesn't mean the points aren't valid

That's just the source.

mpv is Sup Forums meme player. Avoid at all costs.

meant to link to