My brother and I are looking to get into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, where should I begin?

My brother and I are looking to get into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, where should I begin?
I know the story has been going for like 25 years now and i want to know what is Sup Forums approved list of what to watch or read (but mainly watch, anime or OVAs).
Is there an order to the series?
is it better dubbed or subbed? (just wondering)
and where could i dowload it to watch? (open to suggestions since kat fell)
Thanks for the suggestions.

First read part one, then of course read part 7, then watch the 90s ova of part 3, then reas the part 3 manga while you're watching the part 3 anime (but wait for the dub to be finished), then read part 6. You can safely skip parts 2, 4 and 5, there's nothing important in them.

Read the manga in release order.

This is the only correct answer do not listen to any others.

The anime is pretty good too, but you should start by part 1.

Try not to spoil you anything, neither the looks, the universe, the way the manga works, or anything. Discover it and enjoy it.

Any suggestions for the animated adaptations?
i will read the manga but my brother wants to watch it with me, so that would help too.

This is 100% True. Even the pastebin says so.

The David Animation series are pretty good. Again, release order. It's pretty self explanatory man just watch part one, then part two, etc.

I don't understand what kind of suggestions you are asking.
Don't spoil yourself, view it in the release order, yell with your friend SONO CHI NO SADAME every time you hear it on the first oppening, and enjoy the whole anime.

Seconding this.
The anime adaptations are a nice companion to the manga, but at the end of the day you should read first and foremost the source material.

>is it better dubbed or subbed
the original version has great, beautiful and very good voices that perfectly fit with the universe and the manga. I don't know how they could possibly translate efficiently some lines, so I would say: original > all. I don't know how could a translation be even close to the quality of the original.

Some subs are awesome, Horriblesubs are doing a great job for exemple with great video quality and downloadable links.

Honestly I don't know about this: some of my friends enjoy a lot more discovering a manga first with the anime than first reading it. I think it's a matter of tastes. I discovered Jojo with the anime and started reading from part 4. Even if I enjoyed a lot more the parts 4 and 5, and now 6, I still think the anime was an awesome introduction to the manga.

Jonathan dies.
Lisa Lisa is Joseph's mother.

>You can safely skip parts 2, 4 and 5, there's nothing important in them.
Except the best fucking Jojo

thanks a lot for this anons.
i'll do that, but again, im completly foreign to the whole JoJo story so i didn't knew if there were prequels or stuff.
and again, i know there are many ovas and stories done as anime during these 25 years so i figured it was worth a shot asking if there was a superior version of it (like FMA and FMA:Brotherhood)

>prequels
That shit is Western style.
You begin with the first fucking chapter and read everything, get smeared with that hot Jojo smegma until you can't think of anything but JOJO. Then you watch the fucking ovas. Then you watch the fucking anime. That's about it.

There should be a pastebin in that cancerous general.

>My brother and I are looking to get into JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, where should I begin?
10/10 question

The anime for parts 1 and 2 are better than the manga. Watch those two.
The manga is better for part 3 overall, but the anime is good too. If you want to see your favorite parts animated, feel free to look at it.
Part 4's anime is pretty much on par with the manga. It remedies the weird art style change that Araki was going through in the beginning of it, opting to use the later art style the whole way through, and as always the direction is fantastic.

The 90's OVA's are great if you're familiar with the source material. The 2000 OVA's are pretty bland and boring and you should only watch them if you're a stickler for completing things.

No, they all follow the same general storyline, and the manga goes straight from the first Jojo onwards.
You have to read it in order to understand what the fuck is going on in most of the stories.

>I know the story has been going for like 25 years now and i want to know what is Sup Forums approved list of what to watch or read (but mainly watch, anime or OVAs).
>is it better dubbed or subbed? (just wondering)
>and where could i dowload it to watch? (open to suggestions since kat fell)
Why did people spoonfeed this cancer?