Why does god allow evil to exist?

Why does god allow evil to exist?

Because god doesn't exist

You can't prove that

/thread

And you can't prove he's wrong.

If evil is bad, why is Homura so attractive?

Checkmate christfags.

There is no evil. Only God can decide which things are evil.

Because evil is necessary to glorify God. It is not a question of morality, it is a question of divinity and ultimate command over reality, Divine Command. "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
"

If you go to Hell, you were always going to go to Hell. It's not a matter of good or evil, because Divine Command alone determines what is truly good and if God demands that evil's existence is good, then it is His command.

Can't wait for MamiKami to wreck Homura in the new film/series.

Evil is just humans' inability to comprehend God's intent.

Best girl stuck in the worst series

If he existed and was omnipotent as people claim he is, then why people saying he's good? so whats the point of omnipotence if he created this world? Evil or good?

Check mate

Like a chaos god from warhammer, god exists and created life just to watch it suffer for his amusement.

Just as a person may forget to pull out and create an accidental child, God may have also forgot to pull out and created an accidental child. We may not have a purpose at all.

with out evil it no good.

Evil has to be allowed to exist as a direct consequence of allowing free will.

Why would I worship a malevolent God who allows suffering and evil to roam and hurt his children?

But free will doesn't exist. Everything we do is controlled by factors we don't actually control.

So he doesn't send you to hell.

You don't need to. Although, if you are of the elect, you will worship him regardless.

Free will is heresy. Evil exists because God has ordained it as the optimum amount of evil in the world.

>But free will doesn't exist.
Correct, but I figured the average Sup Forumstheist wouldn't understand the correct phrase, which is "power of volition". So that means that we are able to make choices in situations where alternatives exist.

So he's not omnipotent.

The only way you people can prove his existence without contradiction is by saying there is another omnipotent being, thus couple of omnipotent beings.

It's all in your head, just forget about him and live.

I don't believe in a God. What I said was very blasphemous actually.

>if you are of the elect, you will worship him
Not necessarily. There are elect who may never have heard the Gospel preached effectively (and that's the Calvinist technical term "effectively" there).

It's a atheist idea of making out our own choices too, don't say it like we don't know it.

But we're not able to do that either.

And I was talking about the majority? yes

I don't care either way

Homura isn't evil and Madoka loves her!

But then my reverence to him is only based upon fear, not true love and selflessness.

Sure mate.

Well what's worth more, your dumb sense of integrity or not being tortured for all eternity?

So just do it and quit crying faggot.

This is as stupid as "le tree falls in the forest does it make a sound" tripe.

Wrong.

Everything is within the flow of causality.

If absolute autonomy does not exist, to pretend it does is but intellectual masturbation.

Okay, go and work and be industrious for God then.

God is not a totalitarian dictator

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it stupid user, it just means you are.

>being tortured for all eternity?
Our God sure is a nice fellow ain't he?

At least in the Muslim faith, he appears to be.

He is God. You are nothing, teenager.

Then He is not God. Throw away Roman morality and understand that from humanity's point of view, God will always be merciless.

Humanity is created in God's image. Humans burn ants for fun and kill bulls for fun. That is all there is to it.

>teehee how can sound exist when nobody's around to hear it
Just because you feel smart philosophizing garbage doesn't make it true. The fact that you're quick to call others stupid just confirms your teen pseudo intellectual phase.

buzzwording even about this subject? Very mature

That was a joke you no fun faggot. Your religious autism has nullified your ability to have a bit of a banter.

This thread is retarded.

Because she is god now, obviously.

Buzzwording? Atheists are almost always edgy teenagers. When people grow up they understand that there's probably some kind of creator, even if they're not necessarily christian.

The reason why people don't believe in god nowadays is because there are multiply sources about him

One god is dictator, other is misogynistic

Are you just going to deist then?

>When people grow up they understand that there's probably some kind of creator
>my opinion encompasses every single being on the planet
Go fuck yourself you delusional religious maniac.

There is no need for a discrete Creator, only a Law, a merciless, unaccommodating, never-relaxed Law.

I wasn't talking about the tree. You're the only one that brought it up. Of course it makes a sound and it's stupid to assume otherwise.

But the reason I called you stupid is because you tried to compare the tree thing to determinism, meaning you think they are both equally stupid, which means you're just too stupid to understand determinism and how free will doesn't truly exist.

Your inability to get that is also another strike against you.

You'd think people would stop believing in imaginary friends when they grow up, not grow into it. Also if you seriously believe in such a sweeping claim then you're retarded.

What? Just because I don't believe there is a creator doesn't mean Im a edgy cunt

I choose not to believe because it's the only logical answer for me and I feel fine with that

Your post is insufferable as the creationist nutjobs

I want to set Kyouko on fire.

FIRE!

Almost everyone on earth believes in God, yes. You will too, in a few years.

The tree will make a pressure wave, but it's only a 'sound' if a person is there to capture it with their ear, and covert it into information with their brain.

That's like saying an apple is red if no eye can see it.

>Almost everyone on earth
You're an idiot.

God's an asshat, she's the type of person who you'll set on fire, and even then she's not worth the match that burns her

I don't know what people see in her

>When people grow up they understand that there's probably some kind of creator

Why?

There are people who would say the same thing to you, that you're stupid for not getting the tree shit. To me you are the same as them, that is a teen pseudo intellectual tryhard. I mean just look at you, unironically acting like a philosophical idea is objectively true. If you were born in the middle east you'd no doubt be blowing yourself up for 72 virgins.

>Almost everyone
Are you retarded or something? It's actually supposed to be the upset

People believed in god, but now with scientific evidence and invention of technological equipment it's hardly to believe

Because he created it. Satan is an angel of God, sent down to test humanity.

>energy only exists in the perception of living things
Get a load of this baka.

Go to /x/ please.

>not believing in a God makes you a teenager
I honestly 100% believe that you are the only teenager in this thread.

Evil is just a word which humam made.
Its definition is inconsistence and not universal.

Things like "sound" and "color" are the brain's interpretation of natural phenomena.

Of course it makes a pressure wave in the air, but without a brain that isn't a sound.

It is objectively true though. Calling me dumb and acting like I'm must copying other peoples ideas (when I'll have you know I thought of this entirely on my own and learned about names for it later) won't prove anything except that you're stubborn.

Go ahead. Tell me what you think free will is and any "proof" you have of it's existence and I'll show you how it's wrong.

So you're just arguing semantics for the sake of being a shit. It's the same thing regardless of whether something is around to detect it. Call it sound, call it a pressure waves in the air, call it a fucking sshmezzldorf it's still the same thing.

He doesn't real

Because god is evil and most religions stem from the assumption that God must be good because the alternative is scary to us so we don't even want to think about it.

Lovecraft was right.

>it's objectively true I'm not wrong the world is!
Right. Also we both know that you're just a zealot looking to self-affirm his beliefs. I'd have no more luck convincing you that determinism is simply an idea and not a universally accepted truth than I would convincing Akmhed that he won't get 72 virgins for blowing himself up in the middle of a French city.

God did create paradise, but humans wanted to be equal to him and created evil.

Because without conflict, the universe stagnates.

Your refusal to even try actually arguing is just making it obvious you know you can't actually do it. Come on I actually want to explain it but you're being no fun.

good and evil are relative

What is it about Homura that attracts autistic moralfags?

>heh cummon bruddah let me hear why you don't believe in the great allah (praise be to his name) and I'll explain to you exactly why you're an infidel who cannot see the true glory of islam
Again, I have no interest in wasting more time on a delusional teen like you. You're insisting an idea is an objective truth and everyone's just too dumb to get it or something unlike you who supposedly unlocked a truth of the universe all by himself, rather than at least trying to argue that your idea is the most credible while still being open to the possibility of being wrong. You are a textbook example of teenage pseudo intellectual who thinks everyone is beneath his intelligence or whatever the fuck. Surely with your impressive intellect you can at least see why arguing against such a person is a waste of time.

The reason why people don't believe in god nowadays is because there are multiply sources about him

One god is dictator, other is misogynistic

Are you just going to be deist then?

Because good and bad are debatable.

You think Ahmed blowing himself up to rid the world of you is evil. Meanwhile Ahmed gets a front row seat with God for doing it

Give me some counterexamples to free will existing

Alright well you're clearly just gonna keep purposely ignoring the issue and being stupid so I'm just gonna explain it anyways on my own. I know you'll just reply to this with more random muslim jokes but I'm sure at least someone will find it interesting.

Free will does not exist. At least not in any kind of significant way. One of the simplest ways to understand this is a simple thought experiment. You're offered 2 bowls of ice cream. 1 chocolate, 1 vanilla. You take the chocolate ice cream, and you think to yourself "I chose this one. I made a decision, this proves I have free will!". But do you really? Try looking one layer deeper, ask yourself why you "chose" chocolate. "Well because I like it better" you might say, but again look another layer deeper. Why do you like chocolate better? Did you choose to like chocolate better? No, you came to develop tastes that prefer chocolate based on your genetics you received from your parents, and from every single experience you've had in life interacting with the world and how it subtly influence your brain to develop a certain way. You didn't have any control over any of these factors, almost like a computer doesn't choose what parts it's built with or how it's programmed.

This relatively simple scenario showcases the principles that you can apply to any situation. Every time you think you're making a decision, just keep looking 1 layer deeper and ask why you made that decision in that way. You will always eventually arrive at some factor you don't actually control. This is how free will does not exist.

Because you live in sin and the wages of sin are death.

Not that user. My parents love chocolate icecream but I love vanilla and strawberry. Checkmate.

But you wont always choose chocolate ice cream.

>people tends to act according to predefined patterns
No shit sherlock.

Chocolate will always be superior to vanilla though

Chocolate a shit.

I choose randomly the things I like or dislike, which implies free will at finest.

No, you are wrong. You live in world where things by accident happen

''sin'' is just term created to control the mass. Religion made to control the mass, in a bad way anyway

That's it

Dubs don't lie. Vanilla for the win.

>free will doesn't exist in the way it wasn't originally defined to describe

"Free will" refers to the fact we are capable of having conscious thoughts and are able to make choices not that our decisions are influenced by outside factors.

I always knew there was something fucked up about people who liked chocolate ice cream.

Fuckers don't even have free will.

Sure is Anime & Manga in here

> religion made to control the mass

>cult of reason
>league of the militant godless
>red guard
>juche
>khmer rouge
>atheism plus

North Korea is state atheist

Agnostic here
You just made an assertion
By the definition of burden of proof
You must prove what you asserted

burden of proof
phrase of burden
the obligation to prove one's assertion.

No question begging epithet or question deflection please

Based Calvin. Pretty much the only person who ever got Christianity to make any sense at all, albeit in a rather unpleasant way.

>he comes to a shitposting thread expecting actual discussion

I've expected fedoras, not theology.

I said ''in a bad way''

>North Korea is state atheist
Nice way of pulling shit out of your arse.

The "checkmate" makes it hard to tell if you're joking or being serious but I'll try to be polite and explain.

First of all I think you need to learn a bit more about genetics before you start getting into philosophy. Genetics do a lot more than just simply copy traits 1 to 1 from your parents. They determine all kinds of things around what you like, dislike, and everything inbetween. Plus humans carry more genes on them than just the ones they exhibit. Plus life experience is also a factor, the 2 work together to subtlety yet absolutely control everything about you.

The choice is irrelevant. Like I said the point is to teach you to always keep looking 1 layer deeper. Whether you choose chocolate 1 day and vanilla the next doesn't matter. Look deep enough any day and you'll eventually see the reasons you chose whatever you did that day are do to factors ultimately out of your control.

I don't think you're even trying to understand what I said.

You either. For one randomness doesn't actually exist either. Two "choose randomly" is a paradoxical statement. And three you can't just say "I chose something so I'm right" when my entire argument is about the fact that choice doesn't truly exist to begin with. You have to define what "choice" is and explain how it exists to argue against me.

But what's going on behind the scenes of those "conscious thoughts"? The brain isn't magic you know. It's just a lump of flesh with a bunch of chemical and electrical reactions going on inside it. And it's not a matter of "decisions being influenced by outside factors". Decisions ARE entirely outside factors.

I feel as if even though the entire point of my post is to ask people to keep looking 1 layer deeper over and over, all any of you did was look 1 layer deeper (or less), think to yourself "Welp that solves that I'm right there's no more to this argument" and posted your snakry replies.

>nice way of pulling shit out of your arse
Are you an idiot?
This isn't hard to look up
The Soviet Union was state atheist

So if I'm about to jerk off but suddenly decide not to that choice was beyond me?