Why are so many people on Sup Forums infatuated with this lame and unambitious studio...

Why are so many people on Sup Forums infatuated with this lame and unambitious studio? Are people so drawn to nice animation and pretty colors that they're prepared to invest time watching some of the most utterly uninteresting, boring writing the industry has to offer?

They never take risks, they never challenge the audience on an intellectual level (save for Disappearance) and seem much more determined to make as much money as possible from anime disguised as "art", as opposed to actual art.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-08-31/interview-kyoto-animation-taichi-ishidate/.102999
animemaru.com/op-ed-wow-you-guys-really-will-watch-anything-we-make/
douban.com/doulist/43095035/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are people so drawn to nice animation and pretty colors that they're prepared to invest time watching some of the most utterly uninteresting, boring writing the industry has to offer?
I know I am, dad

GODANI can do no wrong!

It's mostly /u/ and /y/, two boards filled to the brim with delusional retards.
And the ironic shitposters like

Rude.

No.

Clearly you don't understand anime kino.

Kinoani have never failed us.

>Are people so drawn to nice animation and pretty colors
Well, yes, that's why I watch animeshyun.

Because it always finds a way.

Applying pretty looking visuals doesn't make for a fulfilling experience, especially when the story's as shallow as a tide pool. It might work for retards like yourself, but not so much for those with a grain of intelligence.

Beautiful Dreamer has a lot of "kino", but it's also backed up by a genuinely captivating, intriguing script, not that you'd even know what that is.

Jesus, KyoAni haters are literally fedora tier.

GodAni invented anime and moe

You can spot someone trying to compensate their lack of intelligence when they are talking things outside of their understanding capability.

Well gosh, someone sure is mad!
God forbid I judge ANIMATION studios based on their animation!

Who cares their shitty rushed movie got BTFO

>They never take risks
Endless Eight is the definition of taking a risk.

They are pioneers in pushing anti-lolicon in anime industry, so the majority of current Sup Forums likes them for that already.

>Kyoani
>bad
When will this meme die?

Kyoto Animation, the studio that brought us:

>FMP Fumoffu/TSR
>Lucky Star and Yamakan
>Haruhi and Endless Eight
>Hyouka
>Nichijou, whose seiyuus have faded into the abyss of obscurity
>countless SHAFT vs KyoAni shit-flinging wars
>butthurt from sales resulting in the subsequent FINDS A WAY meme

The studio's an integral part of post 2006 anime subculture. Not everybody gives a shit about being "intellekchual" and "deep". Most TV anime fall short of those two qualities, anyway. OP is a faggot.

Kyoani is garbage with no good writers or links to top tier mangaka

They linked with good mangaka last time (Koe no Katachi) and failed dramatically because they so self-obsessed and have zero respect to author's work.

>Movie is yet to be released on theater.
>HURR GUISE IT FLOP HURR!

What do you expect from a retard criticizing something they haven't even seen?

>They linked with good mangaka last time (Koe no Katachi)

>good

We both know that manga is mediocre at best and has so much shit pointless chapters that can be cut off.

>It might work for retards like yourself, but not so much for those with a grain of intelligence.

Disliking something that other people like doesn't make you smart either user.

So what exactly is wrong with watching shows just for the animation? It is animeshon afterall. There are probably many people who are interested in art and animation or who are even animators themselves like you are I assume interested in writing. Needless to say that doesn't mean these people wouldn't want more shows with better writing.

Also take your fdora off. It looks kinda ugly.

Gonna wait to see the re/a/ctions when Hibikek comes out next month.
Sup Forums will be like
>I want no dykes in muh japanese cartoon
/u/ will be like
>BAITSHIT

>Cute girls doing cute things is more popular than my shit taste fav anime

This

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-08-31/interview-kyoto-animation-taichi-ishidate/.102999

> In an age of breakneck scheduling, chaotic pools of freelancers, and an endless flood of new work, Kyoto Animation's facilities exuded confidence and concentration. It was all extremely impressive.

That's why

Yes. I would read a book of I am not drawn to the visual.

>So what exactly is wrong with watching shows just for the animation?

If that's how you think you'd be watching American cartoons since they have much better animation in their shows.

>hibikek
2016 has not been a bad year for kino.

Looks like even Kyoanifags admit the only reason they like their shows is for the visuals

>Ishidate: I was influenced by Ghibli as a kid. I repeatedly watched them, especially “Laputa: Castle in the Sky” to the extent that the videotape was almost worn out.
> Yes, I like the history genre very much. That would be good. If you ask me whether or not I can see myself making a show like that, that's another matter. But I have strong feelings about trying it. As a Japanese man, I'm interested in Japan's history as a setting, but honestly I'm interested in world history too. Researching the historical background for a show regardless of its location can be difficult.
Based Ishidate
I'm surprised he doesn't like horror though, because Kyoukai no Kanata had horror elements.

> I have more chances to see Western films and have more favorite directors from Western films. David Fincher and Christopher Nolan always amaze me.

Bravo Nolan!

>David Fincher and Christopher Nolan always amaze me.
Based KinoAni

>kyoani will never animate Kino

why even live

chekcd list of animes they have produced and only seen amagi brilliant park at fast glance, so dunno do you just talk out of your ass since amagi was ok

>Is it too soon to ask about what your current and upcoming projects are? Tell us a little bit about what you're working on right now!

It has not been determined yet whether we will make it a TV series or theatrical anime, but there is one project that we hope to develop. It's a project by our studio that I'm spearheading. It is based on the novel “Violet Evergarden” already published under KA Esuma Bunko, the label that Kyoto Animation owns. The title was the prize winner of the 5th Kyoto Animation Awards. We are creating a commercial video based on the bunko (pocket book), which we hope will lead to some future development. When we have released the video, I hope you will watch and like it.

It will be the most eye-gasmic TV series ever

Wow Ishidate is such a fucking pleb.

>Yamada's favorite filmmakers: Alejandro Jodorowsky, Sergei Parajanov, Sofia Coppola

Fincher is hardly a pleb director you asshole.

>anti-Kinoani fags trying to force a dichotomy between visuals and story once again

God, Yamada is such a hipster.

Exept disney movies they mostly do not.

Also anime aesthetic is very important.

>If that's how you think you'd be watching American cartoons since they have much better animation in their shows.
I could say the same
>If that's how you think you'd be reading books since they have much better writing.

>It has not been determined yet whether we will make it a TV series or theatrical anime

Kino Ever Garden could be happening

It's literally called ANIME. Animation is important. Not that it's everything Kyoani does, but please get this through your thick skull.

Ishidate > Yamada

>KyoAni staff leave the studio at 6PM
How do they get away with this?

>Yamada's favorite filmmakers: Alejandro Jodorowsky, Sergei Parajanov, Sofia Coppola
Prove it.

>likes Zimmer the most
BASED
A
S
E
D

>If that's how you think you'd be watching American cartoons since they have much better animation in their shows.
Holy newfag, get out if you actually believe this.

Latest interview she did on KnK said that she liked Parajanov the most of any film director but the other ones are pulled from his ass.

>work 8 hour days
>take a full hour for lunch
>still do better animation than the studios that chain their guys to their desks

Sure is GODAni alright

animemaru.com/op-ed-wow-you-guys-really-will-watch-anything-we-make/

Sounds like that new Free! project is happening before VEG.

>its ok for a Kyoani anime to be complete shit as long its animation is good

This is what Kyoanifags actually think

VEG CM came out on May 27 and it said the anime is in the works. So the interview was before this.

>In contrast, on another show, I was working as an assistant director before I had become a series director. On that show, the manga creator participated in every screenplay meeting. We exchanged materials and ideas, and created the script together through discussion. It was a show that favored this way of doing things.

Which one was this?

Obviously Nichijou.

Nichijou

>tfw no one cares about Coen bros.

Keion. Kakifly was with em on every step in S1.

Where is this interview?

Seems to be a common sentiment among animators.

In my mind, animation is the most important part of animation.
sure, writing is important, but if you think that it's more important then visuals, then you're better off reading a visual novel.

Ishidate is our new savior

Nope I'm retarded. They had a single meeting between Yamada, Yoshida and him before starting the work on Keion and that's all.

Kinoani once again proving there's a difference between being a mindless drawer and talent

>Ishidate loves Nolan and Zimmer

Just imagine Ishidate baneposting on 2ch

>It has not been determined yet whether we will make it a TV series or theatrical anime
From what I've been spoiled, VEG seems more fitting for a TV series.

douban.com/doulist/43095035/

>Violet wouldn't work as a movie as-is. Having read all of the shorts, it's too episodic to be contained in a film without being an editing nightmare and nearly as incoherent as Suicide Squad's story became. The stories are too different, though they each build up the main theme Akatsuki tells about Violet herself. Now if you say "the final short in novel 1 would work as a movie," that's a different situation. It's a long, self-contained short that tells an interesting story with interesting characters and would fit in the timespan of a movie. My only issue with that is the ending is a bit of a cliffhanger to build anticipation for the second novel. It would likely have to have an epilogue or such added to it from the other material to fit.

>yfw CIA shows up in one of their shows later

The fact this image makes Dennou Coil sound like a good anime somehow makes what it turned out to be retroactively worse.

Free was a huge risk at the time are you serious, Kyoani were still doing the female dominated cute girls and decided to do an All male swimming show.

If that isn't a risk I don't know what is.

>they never challenge the audience on an intellectual level
Hahahahaha how is this even a criticism for any kind of studio.

Hold on, I thought Eupho's instruments were supposed to be all 2D?

Probably a 3D reference model or it'll be used for one of those complex moving shots in the OP.

So basically VEG will be episodic stories about other characters, but we'll gradually learn about Violet in the process.

Holy shit

Depends on the difficulty of the scene.
Here, only the first two rows are hand-drawn.

K I N O

They had Austin Power's mini-me appear in Eupho. Might as well go all out with CIA in VEG.

>I usually come to the office about 30 minutes before the beginning time and start with doing clean-up, such as vacuuming, cleaning and wiping the desks, etc.

Kyoani can't afford cleaners?

fuck off.
more frames =/= better animation.
It's hard to explain what I mean with words, but things like consistency, expressiveness, and solidity are all more important then the amount of pictures used.
Western animation almost always depicts its characters in a 3/4th view, and the movements are always very formulaic, subdued, and bland.

They're not the kind of studio to hire slaves to clean up their shit.

He does it for free

Well, you can't let someone else clean your desk if it looks like this.

Daily KyoAni shitposting thread? sage

bump

When will KyoAni switch to animating on tablets?

>unambitious
But they work on their own novels so they can get more profit. Is not like shaft where they work for pennies because aniplex gets all the money.

That's not atypical in Japan.

>Applying pretty looking visuals doesn't make for a fulfilling experience,
I honestly feel bad for you. It must suck being so stupid that you can't see or understand what the visuals stand for (since a visual medium should rely on visual symbolism more than dry exposition through dialog) and that you think a story that's "grand" in scope is deep, while a character driven drama is shallow.

I think they're going full 3dCG at some point.

Japan has an obsession with looking like you're working hard. That means spending 12 hours in the office even if you're not getting anything done. Yes, sometimes jobs have periods of time where it's balls to the wall and you have to work non-stop (I've put in 17 hours non-stop in the lab to finish important experiments that are time sensitive) but for the most part, better planning and pacing will lead to happier workers and better results. Kyoani understands this, and it shows.